MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Which is worse for you, soda pop or milk shake?
#365453 - 04/26/17 06:49 PM

The debate rages on.

If two people can't come to a consensus on this, then they can't be friends.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Which is worse for you, soda pop or milk shake? new [Re: GatKong]
#365465 - 04/27/17 01:31 AM

> The debate rages on.
>
> If two people can't come to a consensus on this, then they can't be friends.

Not sure if, or how serious this is... But I'll chime in anyway. The last time I had a large serving/portion of milk, it had strawberry syrup in it. Before, I had been drinking lactose free milk since it seems to last much longer than regular milk one would buy at the store. So, anyway, I felt bloated after drinking the (non lactose free) milk with the strawberry syrup. Or, it might've been since I drank a large amount. What can I say? It was good. Not technically a 'Milk Shake', but close enough.

Soda pop? Anything with the caramel coloring in it, it seems like I will always sneeze sometime afterwards, 3 times in a row, and this may happen once or twice. If I drink a LOT of it, I might get small hives on my arms and rib/back area. I suspect either the caramel coloring, or the corn syrup.

So, I'd have to say that soda pop is worse for me.

LEVEL-4

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Which is worse for you, soda pop or milk shake? new [Re: GatKong]
#365468 - 04/27/17 01:52 AM Attachment: ping.png 169 KB (0 downloads)

> The debate rages on.
>
> If two people can't come to a consensus on this, then they can't be friends.

If you stick exclusively to classic ingredients, and disregard allergic reactions and intolerances, I'd have to go with putting you to work sieving sand for resources.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Which is worse for you, soda pop or milk shake? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#365469 - 04/27/17 02:33 AM

High quality cheese is delicious and half n half / cream is too, but if you actually think about it, drinking the body fluid of another animal is FUCKING disgusting! It's absolutely repulsive. A cow and you squeeze a body liquid out of it and drink that.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Which is worse for you, soda pop or milk shake? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#365470 - 04/27/17 04:24 AM

> High quality cheese is delicious and half n half / cream is too, but if you actually
> think about it, drinking the body fluid of another animal is FUCKING disgusting! It's
> absolutely repulsive. A cow and you squeeze a body liquid out of it and drink that.

If the guy weren't banned I'm sure he'd agree with this... I've thought of that argument before, and wondered if the alternative should be that they sell human milk instead. Have a pic of the gal or gals the milk came from, along with personal bios on the back of the carton so you can read up on 'em while you sip.... Or ravenously guzzle with a boner.

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#365471 - 04/27/17 05:47 AM

That's not what I'm arguing though. I'm arguing that there is no alternative and it's still nasty from a human, even yourself if you're a woman and lactating or whatever. Any bodily fluid from yourself, another human or another animal is a gross thing to drink, is what I'm saying. A little less than 1 year old kid with their own mother before they can think and needing specific nourishment is a totally different argument. As a grown man I wouldn't drink even my own mother's milk, the thought of it makes me want to puke.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#365472 - 04/27/17 06:53 AM

> That's not what I'm arguing though. I'm arguing that there is no alternative

Well, there is stuff like Soy and Almond (etc.) "milk". And, from what I've heard, there have been lawsuits from Dairy Farmers or whatever saying those things can't be called "milk"... Which is just about as logical as a lawsuit saying someone can't use the word "dogs" in hot-dogs.

I've had almond milk before... It's just not as refreshing as (cows, or goats?) milk that you'd get from the store. ..Never had raw milk though. I guess it's illegal for some reason.

LEVEL-4

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#365478 - 04/27/17 03:19 PM

Most soy "milks" available in Australia are bloody awful, but the Vitasoy CalciPlus is drinkable. There are some great soy "milks" in Hong Kong though. The ones in HK are made fresh, you get them in the fridge at the store, and they go bad after a couple of days. The Australian ones are on the shelf in the supermarket and they last months unopened.

Raw milk is a weird thing in Australia, too. You can get a license to sell it, but not as food. You have to say "not for consumption" on the package or some shit. There is a reason for it though. Before pasteurisation of milk, tuberculosis was a huge problem. It was pasteurisation that got TB under control.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Which is worse for you, soda pop or milk shake? new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#365495 - 04/27/17 09:19 PM

> Before pasteurisation of milk, tuberculosis was a huge
> problem. It was pasteurisation that got TB under control.

That's a common misconception, but of course pasteurization just means that the cows ordained as pastors of the faith before being milked. While it didn't do much for TB, it sure brought the VD rate among whoring cows under control.

[There used to be a "cow bouncing on a pogo-stick" graemlin... and the ONE TIME it would be useful... it's gone!]

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#365496 - 04/27/17 09:45 PM

I've read too many soy-turns-into-estrogen-like-whatever articles to consume that. I picked up some almond milk for the first time, it tastes ok. I can see why they have sweetened versions because it clearly is less sweet than normal milk. I really only need it for my coffee so I'll test that later today. I don't really find any milk to be refreshing, just that it takes good in a rich/creamy way. Darigold half n half is probably the tops but I don't ever drink a glass of it.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

#365500 - 04/28/17 03:24 AM

> I've read too many soy-turns-into-estrogen-like-whatever articles to consume that.

That's only really an issue with soy-based protein supplements like protein shakes, protein powder, protein bars, etc. You'd have a very hard time consuming enough soy milk, soy sauce, edamame, tofu, etc. to run into issues with phytoestrogen.

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#365506 - 04/28/17 10:54 AM

> It was pasteurisation that got TB under control.

ftfy:
TB under udder control.

Moose

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Send PM

#365550 - 04/30/17 02:21 AM

> Most soy "milks" available in Australia are bloody awful, but the Vitasoy CalciPlus
> is drinkable. There are some great soy "milks" in Hong Kong though. The ones in HK
> are made fresh, you get them in the fridge at the store, and they go bad after a
> couple of days. The Australian ones are on the shelf in the supermarket and they last
> months unopened.
>
> Raw milk is a weird thing in Australia, too. You can get a license to sell it, but
> not as food. You have to say "not for consumption" on the package or some shit. There
> is a reason for it though. Before pasteurisation of milk, tuberculosis was a huge
> problem. It was pasteurisation that got TB under control.

I wouldn't have soy milk if it was free, save the soybeans for Chinese food. Speaking of "milk" drinks, whatever they put in Up&Go makes me want to vomit whenever I smell the substance.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

Re: Which is worse for you, soda pop or milk shake? new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#365553 - 04/30/17 03:10 AM

> I wouldn't have soy milk if it was free, save the soybeans for Chinese food. Speaking
> of "milk" drinks, whatever they put in Up&Go makes me want to vomit whenever I smell
> the substance.

Fuck yes! I don't know how anyone manages to drink that disgusting Up&Go stuff. It shouldn't be labeled as food.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1312