MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/08/11
Send PM

Afghan Muslim Mob Kills 20 ''2 by beheading's'' At UN Compound In Response To Koran Burning
#251046 - 04/06/11 07:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fa4VqC8Yas

Just keep them out of the west and stay out of their countries, ignore them, that is the answer. Are leaders policies towards the Middle East and Muslims is getting tiresome. The Muslim immigrants are trying to bring what they do there like in this video to the west, a guy in Canada was beheaded on a bus by a Muslim.

Just ignore the Greenpeace Potheads and dig for oil i say, so we have to stop going to war againts people who love war who have been fighting each other and Israel for thousands of years. Afghanistan and Iraq is now funded by China, in the 80's they bankrupted the Soviet union.

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Let me rewrite that headline for you new [Re: GraphicArts]
#251048 - 04/06/11 07:33 PM

Some religious dick burned a koran, some other religious dicks killed innocent people because of it

Got any more end-of-days, right wing propagandist, fear mongering things to post for us?

Edited by Hizzout (04/06/11 07:34 PM)

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

dude... are you seriously just going to keep solely posting controversial trolljobs here? nt new [Re: GraphicArts]
#251162 - 04/07/11 03:17 PM

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fa4VqC8Yas
>
>
> Just keep them out of the west and stay out of their countries, ignore them, that is
> the answer. Are leaders policies towards the Middle East and Muslims is getting
> tiresome. The Muslim immigrants are trying to bring what they do there like in this
> video to the west, a guy in Canada was beheaded on a bus by a Muslim.
>
> Just ignore the Greenpeace Potheads and dig for oil i say, so we have to stop going
> to war againts people who love war who have been fighting each other and Israel for
> thousands of years. Afghanistan and Iraq is now funded by China, in the 80's they
> bankrupted the Soviet union.

i learned everything i know from KC

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

DR Jr. -nt- new [Re: jopezu]
#251164 - 04/07/11 03:35 PM

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

Re: DR Jr. -nt- new [Re: igamabob]
#251168 - 04/07/11 04:30 PM

at least DR is an all-around binner.

graphics has been doing nothing but leaving piles of flammable material everywhere.

i learned everything i know from KC

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: DR Jr. -nt- new [Re: jopezu]
#251169 - 04/07/11 04:56 PM

> at least DR is an all-around binner.
>
> graphics has been doing nothing but leaving piles of flammable material everywhere.

Perhaps it's plate boy?

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: DR Jr. -nt- new [Re: igamabob]
#251170 - 04/07/11 05:04 PM

> Perhaps it's plate boy?

I don't think so, plate boy is already here under a different name AFAIK?

S

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Afghan Muslim Mob Kills 20 ''2 by beheading's'' At UN Compound In Response To Koran Burning new [Re: GraphicArts]
#251203 - 04/07/11 10:54 PM

Ugh...great you jsut reminded me of a video I saw where you could see the guys head being cut off...

I have so many things to say about htis, but I'm not going to bother...

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: DR Jr. -nt- new [Re: Sune]
#251206 - 04/07/11 11:03 PM

> > Perhaps it's plate boy?
>
> I don't think so, plate boy is already here under a different name AFAIK?
>
> S

Besides, the grammar and all in the op is horrible.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Afghan Muslim Mob Kills 20 ''2 by beheading's'' At UN Compound In Response To Koran Burning new [Re: GraphicArts]
#251230 - 04/08/11 02:25 AM Attachment: white_girl_dancing.gif 2011 KB (1 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#251242 - 04/08/11 04:32 AM

> a guy in Canada was beheaded on a bus by a Muslim.
>

I don't know if it's true or not, but I once heard that a woman in America was shot in a house by a Christian.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Afghan Muslim Mob Kills 20 ''2 by beheading's'' At UN Compound In Response To Koran Burning new [Re: Gor]
#251255 - 04/08/11 07:15 AM

> > a guy in Canada was beheaded on a bus by a Muslim.
> >
>
> I don't know if it's true or not, but I once heard that a woman in America was shot
> in a house by a Christian.

In another forum, a good number of years ago, I was participating in an abortion/evolution/religious or whatever (pointless) debate. One thing they whipped out was some statistic of the percentage of prisoners in America, which was the highest, claimed to be Christian. Then they expected me to explain why that was....

Now that I think about it... Matthew 7:22

But, yes. There are plenty of people that say they believe in God or claim to be Christian, but the way they live their life is far from it.

But this "scenario" (I used quotation marks because I realize you were being facetious) where someone was shot... I wonder. Would God lay such a charge as murder on someone that killed in self-defense? Killing isn't moral, but there are times it can be justified. And, IMHO, Justice overrides morality.

Yeah. I can see where this has the potential to go. "To those muslims that beheaded people that had nothing to do with what someone else did - that was justice to them. That was the 'code of conduct' according to their beliefs." ..Well, that's just silly, really.

Not meaning to open a ('nother) can of worms. I just started typing and didn't expect to say this much.

Edited by T0M (04/08/11 07:17 AM)

DR
Skeptical Linkbot
Reged: 04/05/07
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: DR Jr. -nt- new [Re: jopezu]
#251269 - 04/08/11 12:30 PM

> at least DR is an all-around binner.

I hope I'm not missing something in translation...

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Afghan Muslim Mob Kills 20 ''2 by beheading's'' At UN Compound In Response To Koran Burning new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#251272 - 04/08/11 02:00 PM

> > > a guy in Canada was beheaded on a bus by a Muslim.
> > >
> >
> > I don't know if it's true or not, but I once heard that a woman in America was shot
> > in a house by a Christian.
>
> In another forum, a good number of years ago, I was participating in an
> abortion/evolution/religious or whatever (pointless) debate. One thing they whipped
> out was some statistic of the percentage of prisoners in America, which was the
> highest, claimed to be Christian. Then they expected me to explain why that was....
>
> Now that I think about it... Matthew 7:22
>
> But, yes. There are plenty of people that say they believe in God or claim to be
> Christian, but the way they live their life is far from it.
>
>
> But this "scenario" (I used quotation marks because I realize you were being
> facetious) where someone was shot... I wonder. Would God lay such a charge as murder
> on someone that killed in self-defense? Killing isn't moral, but there are times it
> can be justified. And, IMHO, Justice overrides morality.
>
>
> Yeah. I can see where this has the potential to go. "To those muslims that beheaded
> people that had nothing to do with what someone else did - that was justice to them.
> That was the 'code of conduct' according to their beliefs." ..Well, that's just
> silly, really.
>
> Not meaning to open a ('nother) can of worms. I just started typing and didn't expect
> to say this much.

My facetious scenario had no intentions of self-defense, it was just murder by a person purporting to be a Christian.
The point was that regardless of what religion you say you're following, if you're a murderous douchebag, the end
result is exactly the same. People of all religions do bad things. I've actually worked with a few Muslims throughout
my career and I can tell you that I have been beheaded a grand total of 0 times.

WTF. I just looked up info on the Canadian bus beheading, and the guy wasn't even a Muslim, he was a schizo
Chinese immigrant. Is the OP retarded? If we try to stop the Chinese from doing what they like to do in the west
based upon the actions of one crazy guy, there's not going to be anything left for us to buy at walmart. And the
government would be out of money. And I wouldn't be able to eat egg rolls, beef fried rice, or sweet and sour
chicken. I like eating those things, fartknocker, and I'm not giving them up.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Afghan Muslim Mob Kills 20 ''2 by beheading's'' At UN Compound In Response To Koran Burning new [Re: Gor]
#251277 - 04/08/11 02:54 PM

> If we try to stop the Chinese from doing what they like to do in the west
based upon the actions of one crazy guy

Islam, however, presents a different challenge, because at its core it is a religion of non-tolerance. It's hard to know how to react to the modern "moderate" muslim, because what does it mean to be a moderate muslim?

Islam was started by their prophet (you know the name, but I avoid saying it for obvious reasons), 500 years after Christ, specifically because he was frustrated with the polytheism of the time. He wasn't a peaceful man, he was a conquerer who took the holy land over by force. He found it difficult to control the people when the faiths they followed were so varied, there were Jews, Christians, Pagans, and others. So he started Islam, to be the one religion of the world... from its inception, Islam followers were directed to convert or kill non-followers, "If there is a Jew hiding behind a rock, flush him out and kill him," because it was a "religion" of conquer and domination. Their holy book was dictated by this one man, and is one passage after another about how this goal must be met, or you are not a good follower. So, what does it mean to be a "moderate" muslim... that you ignore one of the primary tenants of your belief and are a bad follower? I don't know, I merely pose the question. But when we live in a polythiastic world, how do peaceful tolerant people respond to a non-tolerant sect? How does one embrace a people who don't want to embrace you back?

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Afghan Muslim Mob Kills 20 ''2 by beheading's'' At UN Compound In Response To Koran Burning new [Re: GatKong]
#251279 - 04/08/11 02:57 PM

*sigh*...if we lived in a world with no religion...

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Afghan Muslim Mob Kills 20 ''2 by beheading's'' At UN Compound In Response To Koran Burning new [Re: GatKong]
#251281 - 04/08/11 03:31 PM

> > If we try to stop the Chinese from doing what they like to do in the west
> based upon the actions of one crazy guy
>
> Islam, however, presents a different challenge, because at its core it is a religion
> of non-tolerance. It's hard to know how to react to the modern "moderate" muslim,
> because what does it mean to be a moderate muslim?
>
> Islam was started by their prophet (you know the name, but I avoid saying it for
> obvious reasons), 500 years after Christ, specifically because he was frustrated with
> the polytheism of the time. He wasn't a peaceful man, he was a conquerer who took the
> holy land over by force. He found it difficult to control the people when the faiths
> they followed were so varied, there were Jews, Christians, Pagans, and others. So he
> started Islam, to be the one religion of the world... from its inception, Islam
> followers were directed to convert or kill non-followers, "If there is a Jew hiding
> behind a rock, flush him out and kill him," because it was a "religion" of conquer
> and domination. Their holy book was dictated by this one man, and is one passage
> after another about how this goal must be met, or you are not a good follower. So,
> what does it mean to be a "moderate" muslim... that you ignore one of the primary
> tenants of your belief and are a bad follower? I don't know, I merely pose the
> question. But when we live in a polythiastic world, how do peaceful tolerant people
> respond to a non-tolerant sect? How does one embrace a people who don't want to
> embrace you back?

Is all that true, though? A lot of it sounds like interpretations made by people unfriendly to
Islam. Do Muslim historians & theologians interpret their history and religion the same way?

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

#251283 - 04/08/11 04:01 PM

> Is all that true, though? A lot of it sounds like interpretations made by people
> unfriendly to
> Islam. Do Muslim historians & theologians interpret their history and religion the
> same way?

Muslims do not view Muhammad as the creator of Islam, but instead regard him as the last messenger of God, through which the Qur'an was revealed. Previous revelations (old testiment and etc) are viewed as having been corrupted, and this time, through Muhammad, they got it right.

Not the end-all authority, but certainly convenient: Wiki

Quote:

For the last 22 years of his life, beginning at age 40 in 610 CE, Muhammad started receiving revelations from God. The content of these revelations, known as the Qur'an, was memorized and recorded by his companions.[84] During this time, Muhammad preached to the people of Mecca, imploring them to abandon polytheism. Although some converted to Islam, Muhammad and his followers were persecuted by the leading Meccan authorities. After 12 years of preaching, Muhammad and the Muslims performed the Hijra ("emigration") to the city of Medina (formerly known as Yathrib) in 622. There, with the Medinan converts (Ansar) and the Meccan migrants (Muhajirun), Muhammad established his political and religious authority. Within years, two battles had been fought against Meccan forces: the Battle of Badr in 624, which was a Muslim victory, and the Battle of Uhud in 625, which ended inconclusively. Conflict with Medinan Jewish clans who opposed the Muslims led to their exile, enslavement, or death, and the Jewish enclave of Khaybar was subdued. At the same time, Meccan trade routes were cut off as Muhammad brought surrounding desert tribes under his control.[85] By 629 Muhammad was victorious in the Conquest of Mecca, and by the time of his death in 632 (at the age of 62) he ruled over the Arabian peninsula.[86]

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#251293 - 04/08/11 06:36 PM

What I read here

Quote:

For the last 22 years of his life, beginning at age 40 in 610 CE, Muhammad started receiving revelations from God. The content of these revelations, known as the Qur'an, was memorized and recorded by his companions.[84] During this time, Muhammad preached to the people of Mecca, imploring them to abandon polytheism. Although some converted to Islam, Muhammad and his followers were persecuted by the leading Meccan authorities. After 12 years of preaching, Muhammad and the Muslims performed the Hijra ("emigration") to the city of Medina (formerly known as Yathrib) in 622. There, with the Medinan converts (Ansar) and the Meccan migrants (Muhajirun), Muhammad established his political and religious authority. Within years, two battles had been fought against Meccan forces: the Battle of Badr in 624, which was a Muslim victory, and the Battle of Uhud in 625, which ended inconclusively. Conflict with Medinan Jewish clans who opposed the Muslims led to their exile, enslavement, or death, and the Jewish enclave of Khaybar was subdued. At the same time, Meccan trade routes were cut off as Muhammad brought surrounding desert tribes under his control.[85] By 629 Muhammad was victorious in the Conquest of Mecca, and by the time of his death in 632 (at the age of 62) he ruled over the Arabian peninsula.[86]

Looks a lot different to me from what I read here

Quote:

Islam was started by their prophet (you know the name, but I avoid saying it for obvious reasons), 500 years after Christ, specifically because he was frustrated with the polytheism of the time. He wasn't a peaceful man, he was a conquerer who took the holy land over by force. He found it difficult to control the people when the faiths they followed were so varied, there were Jews, Christians, Pagans, and others. So he started Islam, to be the one religion of the world...

The wiki article states what may or may not be accurate facts. Your text takes those facts, which may or
may not be true, and introduces motive, which came from I don't know where. Most likely from what you
believe based upon what you've read, have been told, etc. Does that make it correct? No, it's just what
you believe.

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Re: Afghan Muslim Mob Kills 20 ''2 by beheading's'' At UN Compound In Response To Koran Burning new [Re: Naoki]
#251301 - 04/08/11 08:25 PM

> *sigh*...if we lived in a world with no religion...

But then I would lose a source of entertainment.

Kevin Eshbach

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

#251309 - 04/08/11 09:56 PM

>The wiki article states what may or may not be accurate facts. Your text takes those facts...

You assume I used the wiki article as my source. I stated earlier...

Quote:

Not the end-all authority, but certainly convenient: Wiki

His motives aren't a secret, they are laid out in the writings. But I'm not here to debate the merits of Islam. It's up to you to explore that origin and decide for yourself if you believe his words came from God through him, or if you believe he may have had another motive.

Edited by Gatinho (04/08/11 10:31 PM)

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#251326 - 04/09/11 12:18 AM

> > The wiki article states what may or may not be accurate facts. Your text takes those
> facts...
>
> You assume I used the wiki article as my source. I stated earlier...
>
> Not the end-all authority, but certainly convenient: Wiki
>
> His motives aren't a secret, they are laid out in the writings. But I'm not here to
> debate the merits of Islam. It's up to you to explore that origin and decide for
> yourself if you believe his words came from God through him, or if you believe he may
> have had another motive.

OK, after some quick googling, I found the end-all authority on Islam. It corrects some of the apparent misconceptions shared by you and the 9/11 hijackers.

I guess the real question is - with the wife coming back from her holiday tomorrow, what sort of crap will I shovel into my gullet for dinner tonight? I'm thinking pizza.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Doggonit, I'm trying to quit this thread new [Re: Gor]
#251329 - 04/09/11 02:01 AM

>it corrects some of the apparent misconceptions shared by you and the 9/11 hijackers.

But I can't let it stand that I'm lumped in with the hijackers.

Where'd that come from? I merely posed a question...
"It's hard to know how to react to the modern "moderate" muslim, because what does it mean to be a moderate muslim?" It's a fair question, anybody can try to answer it. You tried, with your link to religioustolerance.org, but it doesn't reference any authoritative passages, and it is NOT the end-all authority on Islam, the Koran is, which, to an outsider, can seem very alarming. When I lived in SC I used to have a Muslim friend that would debate with me in friendly discourse, but we've since lost touch. I like to think I'm open minded.

I'll hang up now and listen to the answer offline. Thanks for taking my call. (Yes, this means I'm done with this thread, no matter what gets said following this post.)

Anyhow, We're not having pizza, we're eating left over spaghetti, and then catching a movie... probably that "your Highness."

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Afghan Muslim Mob Kills 20 ''2 by beheading's'' At UN Compound In Response To Koran Burning new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#251332 - 04/09/11 03:35 AM

> In another forum, a good number of years ago, I was participating in an
> abortion/evolution/religious or whatever (pointless) debate. One thing they whipped
> out was some statistic of the percentage of prisoners in America, which was the
> highest, claimed to be Christian. Then they expected me to explain why that was....
>
> Now that I think about it... Matthew 7:22
>
> But, yes. There are plenty of people that say they believe in God or claim to be
> Christian, but the way they live their life is far from it.
>

In Mexico we notice a similar pattern but on common people. Apparently most Christians somehow believe they can do as they please in this planet. Then it doesn't matter the consequences (murder, burglary, greed, property destruction, etc.), all they need is attend their nearest church to being forgiven. This is mostly true for "converted" ones, those born under Christian religion usually don't behave like that.

Christian churches maintain by asking donations. They don't "force" followers, however they maintain a psychological pressure over them by faking higher donations in order to "converted" Christians feel the need to donate as much as possible too (group behavior). Hypocrisy is in the air around their churches after and before ceremonies, while you watch them hugging each other pretending they do not do bad and live in peace.

I don't have anything against Christians and its beliefs, but it still freaks me out when they start to talk about God. You talk normally to them, but at the very moment they touch the God topic, suddenly they raise voice. And whenever God is mentioned it has to be prefixed (and suffixed) by a good number of adjectives about how good and benevolent he is. I don't have anything else to think but "are you talking to me or did you just come to preach without asking?".

The problem is not religion itself, but to use a book as a shield to justify actions against others. If this is not proof religious leaders of any belief use these books to manipulate and do whatever they please, I don't know what other can tell.

If I didn't make myself clear I'll repeat again: "The problem is not Qur'an or The Bible". So as we can't encase all Muslims by Qur'an, we can't encase all bad actions of Christians (or similar derivations) because of The Bible.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Let me rewrite that headline for you new [Re: Hizzout]
#251342 - 04/09/11 07:24 AM

> Some religious dick burned a koran

"Dude, you have no koran."

- Stiletto

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

#251350 - 04/09/11 08:02 AM

> Islam, however, presents a different challenge, because at its core it is a religion
> of non-tolerance.

ask about catholic tolerance at time of crusades, or at late Middle Age (when it was so cool to persecute so-called heretics)

or ask to women about their condition in christian Western countries until last century (for lower class born women, of course, nobles had some different way of life)

Darth Mario
Hail Hydra
Send PM

Was "Your Highness" any good? I wanna catch that. new [Re: GatKong]
#251357 - 04/09/11 10:11 AM

?

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Was "Your Highness" any good? I wanna catch that. new [Re: Darth Mario]
#251358 - 04/09/11 11:17 AM

"apparently the director/s never heard a male genitalia joke they didn't like." part of the review from USAToday, (not an exact quote).

Crude/juvenile/potty (i.e. stupid) humor, drug references, "wizard weed", loose floozies, some medieval violence....

I'd say you'd like it. Or wait a couple weeks for it to come out on DVD.

I'm sorry I couldn't spoil anything (else?) for you. I would've if I could've.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Doggonit, I'm trying to quit this thread new [Re: GatKong]
#251379 - 04/09/11 07:57 PM

we'll just have to agree that our respective loony bin characters disagree.

Pizza was kick-ass.

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

I was curious how long it would take to finally peter out.... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#251481 - 04/11/11 10:26 AM

Now. The question is, why were you talking about it in the first place?

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: I was curious how long it would take to finally peter out.... new [Re: mogli]
#251486 - 04/11/11 11:08 AM

> Now. The question is, why were you talking about it in the first place?

Presumably Darth Marios posts are invisible to you.

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I was curious how long it would take to finally peter out.... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#251571 - 04/12/11 04:27 AM

> > Now. The question is, why were you talking about it in the first place?
>
> Presumably Darth Marios posts are invisible to you.

No, silly boy. The original topic.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: I was curious how long it would take to finally peter out.... new [Re: mogli]
#251595 - 04/12/11 06:07 AM

Gatinho brought up that movie. Bother him about it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2825