MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Update: The King of Chanadian Dragons
#238781 - 11/12/10 10:51 PM

Thanks to cacis we dumped The King of Dragons (World 910805).

http://smitdogg.mameworld.info/pics/kod-b.jpg
http://smitdogg.mameworld.info/pics/kod-c.jpg

ReadOnly
MESSfan
Reged: 10/24/10
Loc: Paris La Défense
Send PM

Re: DU Update: The King of Chanadian Dragons new [Re: Smitdogg]
#238976 - 11/15/10 01:54 PM

Can I join dumping union? I have A LOT of console stuff to dump. But I need stuff to dump it.

ranger_lennier
Reged: 04/07/05
Send PM

Re: DU Update: The King of Chanadian Dragons new [Re: ReadOnly]
#238979 - 11/15/10 03:03 PM

> Can I join dumping union? I have A LOT of console stuff to dump. But I need stuff to
> dump it.

That sounds more like a MESS thing to me. There have been some dumping efforts there, as well. Check out the message board and Wiki.

What sort of stuff do you have?

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

#238988 - 11/15/10 04:48 PM

> Can I join dumping union? I have A LOT of console stuff to dump. But I need stuff to
> dump it.

you should check out http://redump.org/

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

ReadOnly
MESSfan
Send PM

Re: DU Update: The King of Chanadian Dragons new [Re: abelenki]
#239008 - 11/16/10 01:32 AM

> > Can I join dumping union? I have A LOT of console stuff to dump. But I need stuff
> to
> > dump it.
>
> you should check out http://redump.org/

They only cover CD systems and I have only cartridges and floppies, not CDs (well I do have a few CDs but not much and they're all classics already dumped anyway).

ReadOnly
MESSfan
Send PM

Re: DU Update: The King of Chanadian Dragons new [Re: ranger_lennier]
#239009 - 11/16/10 01:36 AM

> > Can I join dumping union? I have A LOT of console stuff to dump. But I need stuff
> to
> > dump it.
>
> That sounds more like a MESS thing to me. There have been some dumping efforts there,
> as well. Check out the message board and Wiki.
>
> What sort of stuff do you have?

MESS doesn't really have a dumping team, they just take whatever comes from the scenes as it is.

Before I PM you the stuff I got, can you tell me if you are a member of Dumping Union?

Justin Kerk
MESS fan
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Vancouver Island, Canada
Send PM

#239070 - 11/16/10 07:36 AM

> MESS doesn't really have a dumping team, they just take whatever comes from the
> scenes as it is.
>
> Before I PM you the stuff I got, can you tell me if you are a member of Dumping
> Union?

Cowering is on the MESS team, he's the most up on the console scene and what needs dumping and who can dump it. Try stopping by #messdev on EFNet.

Winners Occasionally Use Drugs

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

#239079 - 11/16/10 10:03 AM

> MESS doesn't really have a dumping team, they just take whatever comes from the
> scenes as it is.

this is not 100% correct. we have Cowering, and several members of the team can dump/extract data form some type of media. moreover, we can ask Guru for help, and from time to time members of the Dumping Team helps with specific items.

we are just not as organized as the MAME Dumping Team

aslo we don't just take "whatever comes from the scenes as it is"... if it was true, we would not have split dumps in NES (thanks to bootgod which verified thousands of carts one by one) or megadrive... things coming from 'scene' is only the starting point;)

> Before I PM you the stuff I got, can you tell me if you are a member of Dumping
> Union?

- for carts, the best thing would be to possibly open the cart and dump the separate eeproms
- for floppies, something like kryoflux would probably be the best and it supports many (but not all) floppy drives around
- for tapes, you would need recording equipment to extract the audio content to a .vaw file, and this is probably the easiest of the three

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3208