MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

JacKc
Reged: 06/04/07
Send PM

Bang Bang Busters AES release - Neo Geo
#239661 - 11/24/10 05:30 PM

No i 'm not joking or kidding...Neo Conception International licensed by Visco will release this game in december 2010 in Japan. This game is limited to 100 pieces (a few have been already pre-ordered in Japan for 399$ and now closed). US AES release will start on april 2011 (this time orders will be open to all : the price is not yet fixed)

Packaging :

Screenshots "In Game" :

Official artwork :

official Video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTD99P7lQtE

Source

9ofzeven
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/02/05
Loc: Austria
Send PM

Re: Bang Bang Busters AES release - Neo Geo new [Re: JacKc]
#239784 - 11/26/10 02:22 PM

I understand why NeoGeo cartridges were expensive back then, but with all our technology advancements, why do they still have to be? (marketing purposes aside)

Are EPROMs not easily replacable even today?

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Bang Bang Busters AES release - Neo Geo new [Re: 9ofzeven]
#239786 - 11/26/10 02:59 PM

> I understand why NeoGeo cartridges were expensive back then, but with all our
> technology advancements, why do they still have to be? (marketing purposes aside)
>
> Are EPROMs not easily replacable even today?

Just marketing, and the fact it's going to be a rare game in 5 years time.

Marketing is the reason why everyone pays what they do for even the simplest items. For example, gambling machines can cost up to (and over?) US$2000, even for crappy old 8-bit hardware controlling mechanical reels.

Why do the official Sony PS2 memory cards, offering eight megabytes of storage, cost nearly 40 Australian dollars in EB Games or wherever when eight gigabyte USB sticks (including Sony branded ones) cost half or even a quarter of that? A 50-pack spool of 4.7GB DVD-Rs is even cheaper than that, lying in between A$10 and $20.

KFC Australia charges nearly four dollars for what they call a 'large' Pepsi (between stores, it is either a standard 600mL bottle or a 400mL cup filled with ice and the two-part drink mix; a $1 Pepsi can from the supermarket fills the same cup). In contrast, Pizza Hut is much cheaper for the exact same Pepsi drinks, despite being under the exact same Yum! Brands corporation.

If something is a ripoff, it will always remain one unless a class-action lawsuit takes place (I'm not talking about one-off/special items like this game). If nothing is done, corporations will remain the same and charge top dollar for anything they can.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Bang Bang Busters AES release - Neo Geo new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#239798 - 11/26/10 05:44 PM

The biggest factor is the the small number of official carts they are releasing. They are rare the day they come out. It's like baseball cards. They started overprinting them 20 or so years ago and they became worthless. You can't sell most of them from the past 20 years for the cost of shipping them. They finally fixed the situation recently and now I think it's only 1 company producing them and they watch for over-production. They have certain ones where only 1 card of its type ever gets made and they go for thousands on eBay. If they printed 100,000 of them then it wouldn't be worth 5 cents. Also, you can't always just burn roms into old carts and print new labels, at least not MVS, I've never opened up an AES but they are probably similar. There are tiny jumpers that you have to know the right settings for and different card layouts and sometimes to protect bootlegs the bootleggers put some roms on flash chips which way fewer people can read. Probably a good chunk of the boot MVS games in unofficial builds are not correct full dumps.

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Bang Bang Busters AES release - Neo Geo new [Re: Smitdogg]
#239800 - 11/26/10 06:06 PM

IIRC, The MVS and AES are almost identicle, hence the huge price.

Off-topic: Spell checker button leads to a 404

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

FrizzleFried
Reged: 09/28/06
Send PM

Re: Bang Bang Busters AES release - Neo Geo new [Re: Naoki]
#239807 - 11/26/10 08:28 PM

> IIRC, The MVS and AES are almost identicle, hence the huge price.
>
> Off-topic: Spell checker button leads to a 404

Yeah, but explain why MVS carts of the very same game for for multiple times less...

Perfect example: Neo Turf Master. You can pick up a Neo Turf Master MVS cart for like $40.00 (or less) but the AES version goes for multiple hundreds of dollars. Same game. Crazy ass console collectors.

[url=http://www.idahogaragecade.com[/url] Idaho Garagecade (Updated 08/02/18)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Bang Bang Busters AES release - Neo Geo new [Re: FrizzleFried]
#239808 - 11/26/10 08:49 PM

It's basically the same thing, fewer AES carts were made than MVS. Of course after the Universe BIOS came out and let you play either cart type, it does get a little more insane that they still go for the crazy prices that can't be fully explained with a supply/demand argument. AES and NES collectors are pretty crazed.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Might as well say it... new [Re: JacKc]
#239809 - 11/26/10 08:58 PM

> No i 'm not joking or kidding...Neo Conception International licensed by Visco will
> release this game in december 2010 in Japan. This game is limited to 100 pieces (a
> few have been already pre-ordered in Japan for 399$ and now closed). US AES release
> will start on april 2011 (this time orders will be open to all : the price is not yet
> fixed)

That artwork is fucking godawful.

It looks like someone took a printout of a screen for the game, blew it up with crappy filtering, and then slapped it on a sticker. If they're charging so much for a game, why the hell couldn't they get someone to make a pretty cover too? :P

I'm sure the game's fine. Meh.

XtraSmiley
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/28/04
Send PM

Re: Might as well say it... new [Re: Foxhack]
#239811 - 11/26/10 10:06 PM

>
> That artwork is fucking godawful.
>
> It looks like someone took a printout of a screen for the game, blew it up with
> crappy filtering, and then slapped it on a sticker. If they're charging so much for a
> game, why the hell couldn't they get someone to make a pretty cover too? :P
>
> I'm sure the game's fine. Meh.

I agree, terrible, terrible art. I however think the in-game art also looks terrible.

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: Might as well say it... new [Re: XtraSmiley]
#239819 - 11/27/10 12:39 AM

For $400 you'll get something different but better: a short holiday, a new cellphone, a wedding ring, enough coke for the next 6 or so parties, some asian hookers who will blow ^hhhh, ahem, anything. But this ugly shitfuck of a game is overpriced. Maybe $80, but not more. Collector's craze....

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#239846 - 11/27/10 01:03 PM

>
> It looks like someone took a printout of a screen for the game, blew it up with
> crappy filtering, and then slapped it on a sticker. If they're charging so much for a
>
> I'm sure the game's fine. Meh.

My first thought was it was the product of a pretty well talented teenager (using colored pencils), probably a girl that's into anime and manga, she showed her rich and powerful daddy and next thing you know there's a game in the making.

ETA: I'm not bashing the artwork... I probably couldn't do any better. But ... I was going to say I wouldn't use colored pencils, but then I thought of something I made where I did use them. But if I had access to a better medium for making a picture - I would've used it. There's no excuse really ...for this.

Edited by T0M (11/27/10 01:05 PM)

LEVEL-4

CptGuapo
Beat'em-ups Lover
Reged: 03/18/08
Loc: Off to Never Never Land
Send PM

#239856 - 11/27/10 04:56 PM

>
>

I'm totally agree with you. Amateur's work...

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

JacKc
Reged: 06/04/07
Send PM

#239860 - 11/27/10 06:51 PM Attachment: Bang2busters_artwork2.jpg 394 KB (1 downloads)

Hi Kitsune Sniper,

After i've done some rework on it, i hope the results for this enhanced artwork is not so awfull !!!

EDIt: Just do some minor works on it...Now just miss the logo :XD
Please also note i'm not a professional designer...Just a hobby for me.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by JacKc (11/29/10 11:27 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5708