View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mortisoul
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/15/10
Send PM

Sleep Mode
#241245 - 12/15/10 05:00 PM

I am currently in the middle of a design for a simple 4 player cab hooked up to a LCD. I thought it might be nice if I could have a button out of the way on the control panel that would put the computer into sleep mode.

This would allow the lcd to go to power save and then the next time someone wants to play they can just hit one of the buttons to wake the system back up.

I plan on using an I-Pac 4 and I believe I have about eight spots on the board left over after I setup all my player stations as well as the MAME control keys I will want access to on the control panel.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Sleep Mode new [Re: Mortisoul]
#241715 - 12/21/10 06:18 PM

> I am currently in the middle of a design for a simple 4 player cab hooked up to a
> LCD. I thought it might be nice if I could have a button out of the way on the
> control panel that would put the computer into sleep mode.

You can make a batch file/shortcut that makes your PC go to sleep (easy to find with google) but I don't know how you would activate it by pressing a key.

Maybe you could use some kind of programmable hotkey software. Like this: http://www.camiweb.com/zenkey/
I haven't tried ZenKey myself, but from the description it looks like it can do what you want out of the box.

S

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Sleep Mode new [Re: Mortisoul]
#241717 - 12/21/10 06:54 PM

> I am currently in the middle of a design for a simple 4 player cab hooked up to a
> LCD. I thought it might be nice if I could have a button out of the way on the
> control panel that would put the computer into sleep mode.
>
> This would allow the lcd to go to power save and then the next time someone wants to
> play they can just hit one of the buttons to wake the system back up.
>
> I plan on using an I-Pac 4 and I believe I have about eight spots on the board left
> over after I setup all my player stations as well as the MAME control keys I will
> want access to on the control panel.

You could run the leads for the PC's power button way up there, and then configure your OS to go to sleep/wake-up when the power button is pressed. This would be outside the I-PAC though.

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Programming
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Pi 
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3130