View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Eny-
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/06/10
Send PM

Intervideo/Videocolor with JPAC problem
#249788 - 03/25/11 02:36 AM

I have a Intervideo/Videocolor monitor (Ref: Dual Frequency Philips A66EAK552X11) and I had been using a JPAC for a while now with soft 15KHz and quickres without any problems. Jumper on 15KHz and 35KHz.

A month or two ago whenever I turned the cab (1 out 5 times perhaps) the image would be out of sync and I had to regulate the h-sync. It was annoying but I lived with it.

Now whenever I turn it on the image is out of sync and I can't get it right! The only significant change I made was connect the remaining 6 buttons I had in my CP to the JPAC screw connectors. I already tried to disconnect them but I can't get the monitor to work.

MOV00719

Two photos of the chassis:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56737973@N07/5556848345/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56737973@N07/5556848605/

Help!

Bally
Regular
Reged: 11/25/03
Loc: Norway
Send PM

Re: Intervideo/Videocolor with JPAC problem new [Re: Eny-]
#249826 - 03/25/11 12:10 PM

> I have a Intervideo/Videocolor monitor (Ref: Dual Frequency Philips A66EAK552X11) and
> I had been using a JPAC for a while now with soft 15KHz and quickres without any
> problems. Jumper on 15KHz and 35KHz.
>
> A month or two ago whenever I turned the cab (1 out 5 times perhaps) the image would
> be out of sync and I had to regulate the h-sync. It was annoying but I lived with it.
>
> Now whenever I turn it on the image is out of sync and I can't get it right! The only
> significant change I made was connect the remaining 6 buttons I had in my CP to the
> JPAC screw connectors. I already tried to disconnect them but I can't get the monitor
> to work.
>
> MOV00719
>
> Two photos of the chassis:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/56737973@N07/5556848345/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/56737973@N07/5556848605/
>
> Help!

Remove the J-PAC and try with an regular JAMMA board if you can.

That will tell if it is the monitor or the J-PAC,soft15,quickres or pc problem.

Three swiss witch-bitches, which wished to be switched swiss
witch-bitches,wish to watch three swiss Swatch watch switches. Which swiss
witch-bitch which wishes to be a switched swiss witch-bitch, wishes to
watch which swiss Swatch watch switch?

FatTrucker
Randomly pressing buttons in hope of success.
Reged: 01/31/06
Loc: London UK
Send PM

#249827 - 03/25/11 01:25 PM

> I have a Intervideo/Videocolor monitor (Ref: Dual Frequency Philips A66EAK552X11) and
> I had been using a JPAC for a while now with soft 15KHz and quickres without any
> problems. Jumper on 15KHz and 35KHz.
>
> A month or two ago whenever I turned the cab (1 out 5 times perhaps) the image would
> be out of sync and I had to regulate the h-sync. It was annoying but I lived with it.
>
> Now whenever I turn it on the image is out of sync and I can't get it right! The only
> significant change I made was connect the remaining 6 buttons I had in my CP to the
> JPAC screw connectors. I already tried to disconnect them but I can't get the monitor
> to work.
>
> MOV00719
>
> Two photos of the chassis:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/56737973@N07/5556848345/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/56737973@N07/5556848605/
>
> Help!

If its not a faulty monitor it could be to do with a voltage fault either from the PSU or J-Pac. Check the voltage output using a multi-meter, from the PSU and again from the J-Pac edge connector

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#249836 - 03/25/11 04:15 PM

Sounds like the monitor may need a cap kit. Horizontal frequency is often one of the first things to go when components drift.

Eny-
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Intervideo/Videocolor with JPAC problem new [Re: FatTrucker]
#249838 - 03/25/11 04:24 PM

I don't have a multi-meter so I tried to divide the load by connecting the JPAC (usb) to one computer and the VGA port to another. No dice. Same results...

Eny-
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Intervideo/Videocolor with JPAC problem new [Re: Bally]
#249839 - 03/25/11 04:27 PM

I could try that but I don't know how to connect the power connectors on the JAMMA. Since I'm a total noob with all things electricity I'm afraid to damage the JPAC.

FatTrucker
Send PM

#249880 - 03/25/11 10:57 PM

> I could try that but I don't know how to connect the power connectors on the JAMMA.
> Since I'm a total noob with all things electricity I'm afraid to damage the JPAC.

If your J-Pac is connecting to a Jamma cabs Jamma connector, just unplug the J-Pac and plug a jamma board in. Mostly no different from changing a game cartridge on a console.

Eny-
MAME Fan
Send PM

#249908 - 03/26/11 02:20 AM

Yes, that I know but I changed all the JAMMA wiring inside the cabinet with a brand new JAMMA connector but I left out the power part. I only have the monitor power plug-in on the cabinet's AC.

Eny-
MAME Fan
Send PM

#251017 - 04/06/11 03:41 PM

> > I could try that but I don't know how to connect the power connectors on the JAMMA.
> > Since I'm a total noob with all things electricity I'm afraid to damage the JPAC.
>
> If your J-Pac is connecting to a Jamma cabs Jamma connector, just unplug the J-Pac
> and plug a jamma board in. Mostly no different from changing a game cartridge on a
> console.

I've managed to do it and plugged the jamma board. Same results. I guess I have a faulty monitor

What can I do now?

FatTrucker
Send PM

#251029 - 04/06/11 04:58 PM

> > > I could try that but I don't know how to connect the power connectors on the
> JAMMA.
> > > Since I'm a total noob with all things electricity I'm afraid to damage the JPAC.
>
> >
> > If your J-Pac is connecting to a Jamma cabs Jamma connector, just unplug the J-Pac
> > and plug a jamma board in. Mostly no different from changing a game cartridge on a
> > console.
>
> I've managed to do it and plugged the jamma board. Same results. I guess I have a
> faulty monitor
>
> What can I do now?

As R.Belmont mentioned above if its the monitor at fault the most likely thing is that your monitor chassis needs the capacitors replacing (a Cap kit). Best bet is to find any places or people near to you that offer TV and Monitor repair and call them for a quote.

I know of one guy who offers an excellent service in the UK -http://www.giz10p.co.uk/. I've had several monitor repairs done via this chap and he's quick, professional and very reasonably priced.
If you're stateside (or elsewhere in the world) perhaps try chucking up a post over at BYOAC asking for recommended repairers in your part of the world.

Eny-
MAME Fan
Send PM

#256834 - 06/08/11 03:38 PM

> > I have a Intervideo/Videocolor monitor (Ref: Dual Frequency Philips A66EAK552X11)
> and
> > I had been using a JPAC for a while now with soft 15KHz and quickres without any
> > problems. Jumper on 15KHz and 35KHz.
> >
> > A month or two ago whenever I turned the cab (1 out 5 times perhaps) the image
> would
> > be out of sync and I had to regulate the h-sync. It was annoying but I lived with
> it.
> >
> > Now whenever I turn it on the image is out of sync and I can't get it right! The
> only
> > significant change I made was connect the remaining 6 buttons I had in my CP to the
> > JPAC screw connectors. I already tried to disconnect them but I can't get the
> monitor
> > to work.
> >
> > MOV00719
> >
> > Two photos of the chassis:
> >
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/56737973@N07/5556848345/
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/56737973@N07/5556848605/
> >
> > Help!
>
> If its not a faulty monitor it could be to do with a voltage fault either from the
> PSU or J-Pac. Check the voltage output using a multi-meter, from the PSU and again
> from the J-Pac edge connector

Hey mate,

I think you nailed it. Itīs the PSU.

I connected the neo geo and a slight smell of burned after, no image. I connected the monitor to the JPAC and I got image again.

The PSU isnīt powering the monitor properly and when I connected the neo geo, instead of the JPAC which is powered by the PC, the PSU gave out...

Am I right?

Edited by Eny- (06/08/11 04:47 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6452