View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

Wayder's Cheats
#268791 - 11/17/11 07:06 AM

There is another cheat zip file besides Pugsy's cheat.zip. The other cheat file is Wayder's MAME XML Cheat zip file.

Does anyone know if Wayder is still actively adding cheats?

Are there any other cheat zip files that other people made that are available?

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Wayder's Cheats new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#269208 - 11/21/11 10:07 AM

Bumpity Bump Bump... Bumpity Bump Bump... look at Frosty go...

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#269228 - 11/21/11 05:46 PM

> Bumpity Bump Bump... Bumpity Bump Bump... look at Frosty go...

I doubt anyone around here knows. You could try asking on Pugsy's cheat forums.

Here's his websites:
http://www.geocities.jp/ued_way/
http://wayder.web.fc2.com/
(Hopefully neither are ROM sites...)

From the look of his website, he hasn't done an official release of his cheat file since 0.142, same as Pugsy.

You may find there to be a language barrier. Good luck!

- Stiletto

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: Wayder's Cheats new [Re: Stiletto]
#269232 - 11/21/11 06:00 PM

Is there really a need for cheats other then pugsy's?

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Wayder's Cheats new [Re: mesk]
#269233 - 11/21/11 06:01 PM

> Is there really a need for cheats other then pugsy's?

Is there a need for ANY cheat?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Wayder's Cheats new [Re: redk9258]
#269234 - 11/21/11 06:17 PM

> Is there a need for ANY cheat?

Sure there is. After a few Drinks it can really help or when throwing MAME parties and you got bunches of people talking/distracting you

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#269279 - 11/22/11 06:48 AM

> Is there really a need for cheats other then pugsy's?

There are some games and specific cheats that Wayder has that Pugsy doesn't. No doubt that Pugsy's cheats are amazing. But I might as well have both their cheats active.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Wayder's Cheats new [Re: redk9258]
#269282 - 11/22/11 07:37 AM

> Is there a need for ANY cheat?

Not all cheats are limited to invincibility or unlimited items/lives/time/credits. Some cheats are very useful. For example, unlocking characters in the Tekken series takes months of uptime (or actual gameplay) on a real PCB. I can only imagine it would probably take years to finally unlock everyone using MAME with no outside help, .nv files or PCB NVRAM dumps.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Wayder's Cheats new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#269284 - 11/22/11 08:35 AM

Yep Tekken is a good example. The people who say that cheats are not useful probably only play mostly old school games like Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Galaga, etc. For those games, I can understand that cheats are not feasible because the whole point of those games are to get a high score and those games usually have no endings. But there are hundreds of games that cheats are very useful, fun, interesting, convenient, less tideous, and saves time. There are also some extremely difficult games that don't allow infinite continues or have parts of the game that are extremely difficult... and without cheats, the gamer might not beable to advance to the next level/part of the game.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#269312 - 11/22/11 07:03 PM

> Bumpity Bump Bump... Bumpity Bump Bump... look at Frosty go...

For reference, this post was originally ignored because you were trying to incite an emu-politics flame war. Unfortunately Stiletto finally took the bait.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Wayder's Cheats new [Re: R. Belmont]
#269332 - 11/23/11 02:16 AM

> > Bumpity Bump Bump... Bumpity Bump Bump... look at Frosty go...
>
> For reference, this post was originally ignored because you were trying to incite an
> emu-politics flame war. Unfortunately Stiletto finally took the bait.

I don't understand? How was I trying to incite an "emu-politics flame war"? What's wrong with mentioning Wayder's cheats? There is even a link to Wayder's cheats on the MAMEWorld website. Both Pugsy's and Wayder's cheats can both be enabled/used at the same time. So it's not like people have to choose one or the other.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#269333 - 11/23/11 02:23 AM

Do you not realize you could have googled all the questions in your OP and found the answers to them on your own.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Wayder's Cheats new [Re: B2K24]
#269334 - 11/23/11 02:30 AM

> Do you not realize you could have googled all the questions in your OP and found the
> answers to them on your own.

I did google them. I couldn't read if Wayder was still actively adding cheats because I only understand English. I could only understand that Wayder's last release was for version 0.142. So I didn't know if he continued to add cheats beyond that version. And regarding the other question I asked, I googled searching for other cheat zip files for MAME but couldn't find any besides Pugsy's and Wayder's. So that's why I asked if anyone knew of any other cheat zip files other than Pugsy's and Wayder's.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#269337 - 11/23/11 02:56 AM

Don't sweat it. Belmont disses everything in the scene that isn't done exactly how he would do it and B2K is the Mess Shoutbox crew's puppydog. The only things that have come as close to their buttholes as B2K are boxer shorts and toilet paper. I can't imagine how on earth your original post could cause a flame war.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#269341 - 11/23/11 03:25 AM

>
> For reference, this post was originally ignored because you were trying to incite an

Woulda only happened if Shima showed up IMHO.

- Stiletto

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#269350 - 11/23/11 05:41 AM

Cheats have even helped with the classic games. I would only imagine that Don Hodges made all of those bug fixes by using cheats to access those stages; imagine how long it would take to complete 255 stages of Pac-Man or Dig Dug, or the DK kill screen, without cheating or warping straight there (and yes, using Pac-Man's rack test to skip stages is also considered cheating!).

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Wayder's Cheats new [Re: Smitdogg]
#269352 - 11/23/11 05:50 AM

> I can't imagine how on earth your original post could cause a flame war.

Pugsy has, shall we say, a bad history with Asians making alternate cheat files. You should know that.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#269354 - 11/23/11 05:56 AM

I know he has some history with ShimaPong but Shima, how should I say it, has a fetish for skating on thin ice. He resides on the edge of the ban stick to the point where you can't tell if he actually wants to be banned or not, especially with the luck of the language barrier. He definitely wants to be spanked.

Bryan Ischo
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/28/10
Send PM

#269356 - 11/23/11 06:13 AM

>

I've been reading these forums fairly religiously for about a year and a half now and every month it seems there is a new taboo subject. It is hard to keep track of what topic is going to offend what person. It is even harder to care.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#269369 - 11/23/11 08:59 AM

After hearing this talk about ShimaPong, out of curiousity, I looked up his user name and read some of his posts and threads containing his posts so I can better understand what people are referring to. From my understanding, he posts cheat engine information about his own personal cheat engine that he has created. He has never shared/released his cheat engine to the public. So if he has never released his cheat engine, then what is the point of posting those long posts of his regarding his cheat engine? In my opinion, it seems that the reason why he posts them is because he is archiving and/or taking notes for himself.

Has he ever given a reason why he hasn't released his cheat engine?

Since nobody else has his cheat engine program, the information he posts is useless to everyone. So has he ever given a reason why he posts those long posts that contains information from his cheat engine?

Now back to my original post... ShimaPong is not Wayder. They are two different people. So just because people have their issues with ShimaPong, why should they hold that against Wayder's cheats? Just because they are both Asian? That's not fair. Have you ever even had an issue with Wayder?

Also, if people are going to get upset if other cheat files are discussed, other than Pugsy's, than why would the homepage of MAMEWorld host a link to Wayder's cheat file page?

Lastly, you are able to activate more than one cheat.zip file in MAME. You can have BOTH Pugsy's and Wayder's cheats enabled!

stephh
Happy Bonze
Reged: 07/23/06
Send PM

#269375 - 11/23/11 01:41 PM

> Cheats have even helped with the classic games. I would only imagine that Don Hodges made all of those bug fixes by using cheats to access those stages; imagine how long it would take to complete 255 stages of Pac-Man or Dig Dug, or the DK kill screen, without cheating or warping straight there (and yes, using Pac-Man's rack test to skip stages is also considered cheating!).

IIRC, Don Hodges only analysed (Z80) game code and saw what was wrong there ...

But it's true that good cheats are useful to see that a game is playable till its end (when there is one of course) ...

Steph from The Ultimate Patchers

mesk
@ the arcade
Send PM

#269474 - 11/24/11 06:01 PM

> > Is there a need for ANY cheat?
>
> Not all cheats are limited to invincibility or unlimited items/lives/time/credits.
> Some cheats are very useful. For example, unlocking characters in the Tekken series
> takes months of uptime (or actual gameplay) on a real PCB. I can only imagine it
> would probably take years to finally unlock everyone using MAME with no outside help,
> .nv files or PCB NVRAM dumps.

Actually the original Street Fighter is a excellent example of cheats the dont involve infinite energy\ammo.
In the original SF,Ryu's specials were insanely hard to pull off.

Now I can pull of the dragon punch (F,D,DF+P) in any SF game from the world warrior and up in my sleep but not in the original,and thats where cheats come into play.A good thing too,I dont think I could've finished the game without them.

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

#269481 - 11/24/11 08:27 PM

What?! Ryu's/Ken's moves are very easy to pull off! I remember playing the game in the arcade, then SNES. My fave character has always been Ken. Never had any probs pulling off his moves. And I wasn't even a hardcore arcade fan. No disrespect, but I don't see that as a legit reason to use a cheat. Practice hard enough and you can pull it off easily in no time.

**WAIT!** Ok, I messed up. You were referring to the original SF1, not SF2. You're absolutely correct and I couldn't agree with ya more!

Edited by Envisaged0ne (11/24/11 08:41 PM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

mesk
@ the arcade
Send PM

Re: Wayder's Cheats new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#269482 - 11/24/11 08:49 PM

> What?! Ryu's/Ken's moves are very easy to pull off! I remember playing the game in
> the arcade, then SNES. My fave character has always been Ken. Never had any probs
> pulling off his moves. And I wasn't even a hardcore arcade fan. No disrespect, but I
> don't see that as a legit reason to use a cheat. Practice hard enough and you can
> pull it off easily in no time.
>
> **WAIT!** Ok, I messed up. You were referring to the original SF1, not SF2. You're
> absolutely correct and I couldn't agree with ya more!

No problem bud

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4502