Pages: 1 | 2 |

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

videos of Galactica - discrete audio and an entry for MAMETesters too new
#272676 - 01/11/12 01:03 AM

Someone (maybe from Brazil?) was asking a question and also posting videos on Mr. H's comments section.

I don't know if the roms are already supported in MAME, but I couldn't find anything. Maybe it is not dumped at this time?

The game might look like SOS while audio has a small bit of Space Invaders to it.

--
http://mamedev.org/source/src/mame/drivers/warpwarp.c.html
GAMEL(1980, sos, 0, navarone, sos, sos, ROT90, "Namco", "SOS", GAME_IMPERFECT_SOUND, layout_sos )
--

The game is probably 8080 hardware and could be associated with these source files.

--
http://mamedev.org/source/src/mame/drivers/8080bw.c.html
http://mamedev.org/source/src/mame/audio/8080bw.c.html
--

Here is Mr. H's comments in response to Marcello (from Brazil?).

--
I’m trying to make sense of the Indian Battle / Space Battle Galactica post, but I’m guessing it’s been put through a translation program before being posted…

The sound hardware on most of these Taito games is discrete, so is emulated on a per game basis depending on the circuits.

I think the poster is trying to say that Galactica is missing some sounds by default, but those sound play correctly in the Indian Battle driver (although the other sounds for the game are lost)

This isn’t something I’m familiar with, but maybe somebody who has worked on adding this can look into it.
---

As one can guess, Marcello is describing how some of the analog sounds are missing (airplane motor sounds and maybe a divebomb sound too?) and wondering how Derrick Renaud did his work with Indian Battle.

The video clips should be useful for adding an entry to MAMETesters in showing how audio sounds are generated and what is missing.

If roms haven't been dumped or game isn't supported, that's one thing that would need to be done. And then if he doesn't have logic schematics (assuming some were printed for the game), he would have to make pcb layout similar to Guru's layouts. Better yet follow pcb layout for TourVision http://mamedev.org/source/src/mame/drivers/tourvis.c.html

And from there include all resistors, capacitors etc. and their respective output values and also include all adjustable pots and what sound effect each adjustable pot controls (volume, or noise pitch adjustment, or speed?)

==
Marcello says:
January 1, 2012 at 19:24
Sorry if I did not put this post in the right place

I do not have anyone to turn to fix the emulation of a game (Space Battle Galactica-taito-Brazil) that belonged to a time of great happiness in my life.

I have the original hardware boards (it’s all right about the sounds too, minus the noise of snoring takeoff of aircraft)

watch the video:

MAME with the driver of an Indian Battle recognize sound (noise of aircraft taking off) when the galactica is played by him, and I do not know ’cause the original hardware fails (perhaps lacking a link to this and I do not know how)

This hardware also runs the game INDIAN BATTLE

The driver (MAME) INDIAN BATTLE NORMALLY works Galactica space battle

The crucial difference is that the Indian driver This battle can emulate the sound of snoring aircraft (DRIVER IN Galactica OFFICER CAN NOT MAME)

Let me explain: The Galactica’s official driver in MAME plays all sounds except the sound of takeoffs of aircraft, see and hear:

The roar of planes appears when the game is played with the DRIVER OF INDIAN BATTLE, right?

I do the following: I put the roms Galactica with the same names of the Indian driver and play the game NORMALLY (but only with the sound of the roar of AIRCRAFT) ..

The difference is that the sound produced when playing this driver and the sound it generates is only the roar of planes and not heard NOTHING MORE!

So I concluded that the sound is that of the Indian MUSIC BECAUSE batle when playing the Indian battle (note: without the SAMPLES folder), the only sound that is generated is just the background music, and the same goes for when playing galactica the SOM that is generated is just the snoring AIRCRAFT!

This above video is played with the samples folder (not the folder that appears the only sound is the background music)

This video below is the DRIVER OF THE GAME BOWLING MAME THAT BELONGS TO INDIAN BATTLE (note: the folder with samples without the directory only if the snoring HEAR OF AIRCRAFT)!

Absolute certainty: The background music produced by the Indian battle game emulated by Grandmaster DERRICK Renauld, resolves the issue:

Let me explain: The correlation FUND OF INDIAN MUSIC BATTLE = is the production of the aircraft snoring.

WHY 2 games when played by this driver (Indian battle), only plays a sound (without the samples folder), ie, when the Indian is played, is heard only the music is played for fundo.Quando galactica, is heard only the snoring of the aircraft.

So .. The key question is how Derrick has done to the music of the Indian battle (one that says, .. 1,2,3 little Indians ..) has been emulated and deploys it on the driver’s official GALACTICA

If you know how to contact him I thank

THANK YOU

Galactica PCB original TAITO Batalha Espacial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRA5h--ikW8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z60ewMRyqSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1-Uoyhg5fI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CWoN31NUsg

=====

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: videos of Galactica - discrete audio and an entry for MAMETesters too new [Re: gregf]
#272744 - 01/12/12 01:16 AM

Yeah, this came into MAMEDEV on the submission form and nobody could really make sense of it. If you think you can figure it out, let us know.

- Stiletto

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: videos of Galactica - discrete audio and an entry for MAMETesters too new [Re: Stiletto]
#272748 - 01/12/12 02:38 AM

>Yeah, this came into MAMEDEV on the submission form and nobody could really make sense
>of it.

Mr. H did get a good start with his guess.

--
I’m trying to make sense of the Indian Battle / Space Battle Galactica post, but I’m guessing it’s been put through a translation program before being posted…

The sound hardware on most of these Taito games is discrete, so is emulated on a per game basis depending on the circuits.

I think the poster is trying to say that Galactica is missing some sounds by default, but those sound play correctly in the Indian Battle driver (although the other sounds for the game are lost)

This isn’t something I’m familiar with, but maybe somebody who has worked on adding this can look into it.
---

The game is 8080 hardware and should associated with these source files. I don't know if it is supported in MAME yet.

--
http://mamedev.org/source/src/mame/audio/8080bw.c.html
--

> If you think you can figure it out, let us know.

As I see it, Marcello is trying to explain that his game (from his pcb and assuming he dumped roms from his own pcb....) seems to be able to play or recognize one of the aircraft audio sounds because hardware, being Taito, is similar to Taito's Indian Battle pcb.

And the video links show the game in action and showing how audio sounds, mainly the enemy airplane sounds, are generated.

--
Absolute certainty: The background music produced by the Indian battle game emulated by Grandmaster DERRICK Renauld, resolves the issue:

Let me explain: The correlation FUND OF INDIAN MUSIC BATTLE = is the production of the aircraft snoring.

Galactica PCB original TAITO Batalha Espacial

===

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

I get it new [Re: gregf]
#272750 - 01/12/12 03:27 AM

> I have the original hardware boards (it’s all right about the sounds too, minus the
> noise of snoring takeoff of aircraft)

His boardset works, except something is wrong with the aircraft sound.

> MAME with the driver of an Indian Battle recognize sound (noise of aircraft taking
> off) when the galactica is played by him, and I do not know ’cause the original
> hardware fails

Galactica works on the Indian Battle driver and plays the aircraft sound that his boardset isn't playing right.

> The crucial difference is that the Indian driver This battle can emulate the sound of
> snoring aircraft (DRIVER IN Galactica OFFICER CAN NOT MAME)

MAME's Galactica driver does not play the aircraft sound, but when he loads the Galactica ROMs on the Indian Battle driver, the aircraft sound plays.

> I do the following: I put the roms Galactica with the same names of the Indian driver
> and play the game NORMALLY (but only with the sound of the roar of AIRCRAFT) ..

But it only plays the aircraft sound, nothing else.

> So I concluded that the sound is that of the Indian MUSIC BECAUSE batle when playing
> the Indian battle (note: without the SAMPLES folder), the only sound that is
> generated is just the background music, and the same goes for when playing galactica
> the SOM that is generated is just the snoring AIRCRAFT!

If you play Indian Battle without the samples, only the music plays, if you load Galactica ROMs on the Indian Battle driver without samples, only the aircraft sound plays. So, whatever is responsible for the Indian Battle music is responsible for generating the aircraft sound effect.

And he wants Derrick to know about this.

-S

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Okay, thanks guys... new [Re: Sune]
#272751 - 01/12/12 03:45 AM

Derrick is on record for not having the time...
(nor the interest to deal with that much of a language barrier... )

- Stiletto

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

I guess Sune understands.... [Re: Stiletto]
#272797 - 01/12/12 12:31 PM

how Spanish gets mutated in 'digital translation', and so has a 'pass-key'.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: I guess Sune understands.... new [Re: mogli]
#272810 - 01/12/12 05:03 PM

> how Spanish gets mutated in 'digital translation', and so has a 'pass-key'.

It's Portuguese, not Spanish, but yes, you could say that.

S

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

" You am Brazil! " new [Re: Sune]
#272828 - 01/12/12 10:30 PM

*j/k*

>If you play Indian Battle without the samples, only the music plays, if you load
>Galactica ROMs on the Indian Battle driver without samples, only the aircraft sound
>plays. So, whatever is responsible for the Indian Battle music is responsible for
>generating the aircraft sound effect. And he wants Derrick to know about this.

Interesting. I am guessing it already has been dumped and is supported, but I can't find it yet.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Okay, thanks guys... new [Re: Stiletto]
#272829 - 01/12/12 10:35 PM

>Derrick is on record for not having the time...

The pcb owner (Marcello?) might still have to document/verify all the components and values (capacitors, resistors etc.) on pcb in case schematics can't be found or never existed (were never printed). The videoclips, if ever added to MAMETesters as an info report, should be useful.

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: Okay, thanks guys... new [Re: gregf]
#272848 - 01/13/12 05:30 AM

> > Derrick is on record for not having the time...
>
> The pcb owner (Marcello?) might still have to document/verify all the components and
> values (capacitors, resistors etc.) on pcb in case schematics can't be found or never
> existed (were never printed).

If someone can let me know exactly what needs to be done, I can try to talk to Marcello. My Portuguese is not that good but my English is passable.

I'll be here forever, so if I can help with this let me know.

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/31/11
Send PM

Re: Okay, thanks guys... new [Re: Sune]
#273160 - 01/16/12 01:01 AM

Greetings!

I'm Marcello

THANK YOU to all of you for trying to help me

I am using a translator

unfortunately

sorry

I am willing to repeat and tell you what you need

calm and have patience, please, the problem of translation is easy, please I will always be grateful for the help

thank you

Remembering that I have the original PCB GALACTICA BATTLE SPACE

MAME CAN reproduce a sound(Noise of aircraft engines in attack) through driver's Indian battle

The hardware is identical to the SPACE INVADERS PART II

Is also identical to INDIAN BATTLE

The sound to run completely

Need to make some modifications on the sound card

In the PCB to generate the sound of background music to do a modification I do not know (there is no printed schedule)

I am available for information

thanks to you guys

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Marcello new [Re: mancinii]
#273163 - 01/16/12 01:21 AM

> I am available for information

Valeu Marcello, muito obrigado pela atenção.

E o seguinte - temos que esperar o Derrick Renaud apareçer de novo para saber melhor qual informação ele preciso. As vezes ele some por muito tempo. Tomara que você ja sabe, ele e o cara que entende essas coisas (emulação de componentes analogicos) melhor.

Espero que você tenha acesso a uma maquina fotografica digital, provavelmente ele vai querer tipo fotos de cada placa em alta resolução e os valores dos componentes do parte que gera os efeitos sonoras. Ou talvez fotos dessas componentes vai ser sufficiente para ele saber o que ele preciso...eu realmente não sei, eu sou usuario e fá, como você.

O que e mais legal, essa informação sua pode melhorar muito a documentação e o emulação do Space Invaders pt II e Indian Battle também, como o hardware e a mesma.

Desculpe meu Portugues que não e muito boa, eu sou Gringo da Dinamarca com seis anos aqui no Brasil, tenho muito para aprender ainda

Novamente, muito obrigado pela atenção, pode saber que e muito raro ver alguem do Brasil sendo dono de alguma peça rara assim, que pode ajudar dessa forma. É muito bacana ver isso, e eu tenho orgulho de poder facilitar a comunicação.

Vamos esperar a volta do Derrick, eu vou ajudar traduzir quando ele volta.

Qualquer coisa, pode continuar em Portugues, eu vou traduzir, a majoria aqui tem dificuldade de entender a tradução do Google.

Aquele abraço, fica com Deus!

Sune

Sune
Connected
Send PM

If anyone wants to ask him something about the PCB, post here new [Re: Sune]
#273167 - 01/16/12 01:43 AM

I'll translate.

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Okay, thanks guys... new [Re: mancinii]
#273168 - 01/16/12 01:58 AM Attachment: Jumper geral.JPG 1674 KB (1 downloads)

The game is supported

Galactica - Batalha Espacial - Taito do Brazil

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Marcello new [Re: Sune]
#273170 - 01/16/12 02:49 AM

> Valeu Marcello, muito obrigado pela atenção.
>
> E o seguinte - temos que esperar o Derrick Renaud apareçer de novo para saber melhor
> qual informação ele preciso. As vezes ele some por muito tempo. Tomara que você ja
> sabe, ele e o cara que entende essas coisas (emulação de componentes analogicos)
> melhor.
>
> Espero que você tenha acesso a uma maquina fotografica digital, provavelmente ele vai
> querer tipo fotos de cada placa em alta resolução e os valores dos componentes do
> parte que gera os efeitos sonoras. Ou talvez fotos dessas componentes vai ser
> sufficiente para ele saber o que ele preciso...eu realmente não sei, eu sou usuario e
> fá, como você.
>
> O que e mais legal, essa informação sua pode melhorar muito a documentação e o
> emulação do Space Invaders pt II e Indian Battle também, como o hardware e a mesma.
>
> Desculpe meu Portugues que não e muito boa, eu sou Gringo da Dinamarca com seis anos
> aqui no Brasil, tenho muito para aprender ainda
>
> Novamente, muito obrigado pela atenção, pode saber que e muito raro ver alguem do
> Brasil sendo dono de alguma peça rara assim, que pode ajudar dessa forma. É muito
> bacana ver isso, e eu tenho orgulho de poder facilitar a comunicação.
>
> Vamos esperar a volta do Derrick, eu vou ajudar traduzir quando ele volta.
>
> Qualquer coisa, pode continuar em Portugues, eu vou traduzir, a majoria aqui tem
> dificuldade de entender a tradução do Google.
>
> Aquele abraço, fica com Deus!
>
> Sune

Sune,

Não tenho palavras para TE AGRADECER, você nem imagina a emoção que eu senti por ter encontrado este CHAT e poder participar e discutir esses assuntos com PESSOAS QUE AJUDARAM a resgatar MUITAS ALEGRIAS que tivemos durante a nossa infancia.

Vocês SÂO NOSSOS HEROIS!!

Muito obrigado por TUDO QUE ENVOLVE O MAME, vocês são espetaculares

O ano de 2011 foi sensacional em relação a descobertas desse jogo, um AMIGO que tambem possui o hardware original foi o RESPONSAVEL PELA submissão do driver ao MAME(em conjunto com o hap do MAME TEAM)
Eu consegui fazer o hardware funcionar(hoje eu tenho 3 placas que estão funcionando)

O som que esta faltando:O roncos dos motores dos aviões em combate

O driver da Indian Battle é CAPAZ de reproduzi-lo

O driver oficial da galactica(MAME versão a partir 142)NÃO consegue!!E o PRINCIPAL: O Hardware TAMBEM NÃO!!

A maioria dos DRIVERS do 8080 estão com problemas de sons(Você pode ver na foto acima que há modificações no hardware para que o mesmo consiga reproduzir, e NA MINHA PLACA ESTA FALTANDO ALGUMA MODIFICAÇÂO QUE EU NÃO SEI QUAL É)

Estou muito FELIZ em encontra-lo, Sune

Estou a disposição para esclarecer TUDO o que for necessario

MUITO OBRIGADO, Deus o abençoe

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273171 - 01/16/12 03:06 AM Attachment: MAME-Sound of airplane engines in attack.avi 1114 KB (2 downloads)

The video shows the game running on MAME driver that belongs to the INDIAN BATTLE

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: Marcello new [Re: mancinii]
#273173 - 01/16/12 03:16 AM

> A maioria dos DRIVERS do 8080 estão com problemas de sons(Você pode ver na foto acima
> que há modificações no hardware para que o mesmo consiga reproduzir, e NA MINHA PLACA
> ESTA FALTANDO ALGUMA MODIFICAÇÂO QUE EU NÃO SEI QUAL É)

Eu tenho uma colecçãozinha de PCBs dos anos 80s aqui comigo - por exemplo, o meu Bomb Jack não e original e ela simplesmente não tem o terceiro AY-3-8910, então esta faltando algums instrumentos na trilha sonora. Pesquisando, eu descobri que era muito comum na epoca que as placas "piratas" faltava algums componentes assim.
Eu tambem tive uma Shinobi pirata que não usava YM-2151, ela foi construida com outro chip de som inferior e um monte de fios connectados para lá e para cá igual tem na sua placa. O som dela estava horrivel, tudo errado. Ficou dificil reviver minha infancia com isso!! kkk
Eu estava pensando que podia ser a mesma situação com a sua Galactica - mais logo depois eu percebi que ela e original, com o selo do Taito e tudo né.

A Galactica do seu Amigo e na mesma plataforma do que sua? E as suas tres, são identicas? Parece que existe varios modelos, uma que chama "L" que tem os componentes de som numa placa separada, outra versão com menos placas, etc.

O 'ronco' esta faltando em todas as suas 3 placas, só a placa do seu amigo que funciona? Só para saber se eu estou entendendo certo.

S

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#273174 - 01/16/12 03:22 AM

> The video shows the game running on MAME driver that belongs to the INDIAN BATTLE

If loading the Galactica ROMs on the Indian Battle driver "fixes" the sound like this, I don't think we will have to wait for Derrick to return. Unless there is more to it of course. Someone who knows what they're doing could compare the two and add whatever is missing to Galactica to get the plane sound going.

S

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: If anyone wants to ask him something about the PCB, post here new [Re: Sune]
#273178 - 01/16/12 03:58 AM

> I'll translate.
>
> S

ME AM MEXICO, and I could understand a lot of that. Ha.

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: If anyone wants to ask him something about the PCB, post here new [Re: Foxhack]
#273180 - 01/16/12 04:09 AM

> ME AM MEXICO, and I could understand a lot of that. Ha.

Now that Portuguese is becoming my third language I found that I can read and understand Spanish as well, we had some musicians down from Mexico last year and we had no problems communicating. You have to slow down for me to understand though..Spanish is like overclocked Portuguese.

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273181 - 01/16/12 04:11 AM Attachment: indian battle musica de fundo.avi 1647 KB (1 downloads)

"If loading the Galactica ROMs on the Indian Battle driver "fixes" the sound like this, I don't think we will have to wait for Derrick to return. Unless there is more to it of course. Someone who knows what they're doing could compare the two and add whatever is missing to Galactica to get the plane sound going."

Sim, Sune!!

O Driver no MAME CONSEGUE ler, o trabalho QUE O DERRICK FEZ foi sensacional.Eu tenho certeza absoluta que A EMULAÇÂO da MUSICA de fundo da Indian(veja o video anexo)é A MESMA QUE FAZ O SOM DOS MOTORES NA GALACTICA

E tudo sem SAMPLES!!

É só RENOMEAR as roms da "galactic" para "INDIANBT" que o jogo roda NORMALMENTE, só que com as cores e UM UNICO som QUE É JUSTAMENTE O QUE EU PROCURO.Engraçado QUE ESTAS MINHAS PLACAS ORIGINAIS RODAM A INDIAN BATTLE TAMBÈM!!Só que SEM A MUSICA DE FUNDO!!! Pode?PRESTE atenção que no video toca uma MUSICA de fundo QUE NÃO É DA INDIAN BATTLE!! Estranho porque a placa de som é da GALACTICA!!
VEJA com seu proprios olhos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQznDYAW37E

Sobre as placas: Sim, TODAS ORIGINAIS TAITO e com OS mesmos componentes da Space Invaders, para vc ter uma ideia de diferença só UM RESISTOR de 100K no lugar de um de 68K foi encontrado de diferente(alem dos jumpers, claro) e NENHUMA outra diferença(eu sei pq eu troquei todos os componentes de uma das 3 placas, então em materia de componente eu já estou "fera").
Todas as 3 placas NÂO TOCAM OS RONCOS DOS AVIÕES, nem a do meu AMIGO!!

SE O MAME não TIVESSE TOCADO ESSE RONCO jamais SABERIA que ESSE SOM existe!!

Se o MAME TOCA sem samples, é PQ A ROM TEM OS "bips" para GERA-LO, O GURU tem o HArdware da indian Battle em mãos.

Vc não CONCORDA COMIGO?

O hardware original que eu TENHO NÃO TOCA A MUSICA DOS AVIôES quando eu jogo a Galactica.Quando eu jogo a indian Battle TAMBEM NÃO TOCA A MUSICA DE FUNDO(mas os outros sons tocam só que TUDO MISTURADO, ou seja, o tiro se ouve movendo o cawboy para os lados..e assim por diante)

No MAME: O inverso!!

O driver da INdian BAttle SÓ TOCA A MUSICA DE FUNDO E MAIS NADA(o resto precisa obrigatoriamente de samples para se ouvir)quando se joga o jogo Indian Battle.

Ouça:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MvH7c3l9J8

Por sua vez, quando se joga com as ROMS da GALACTICA só aparece os RONCOS dos aviões(veja abaixo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=696t7HbTr2A

O video do PCB em ação:

Obrigado

Aqui no video abaixo mostra TODOS OS SONS EXISTENTES que deveriam sair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F89DjyJ68Vw

Edited by mancinii (01/16/12 09:03 AM)

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Translation new [Re: mancinii]
#273185 - 01/16/12 04:30 AM

> Todas as 3 placas NÂO TOCAM OS RONCOS DOS AVIÕES, nem a do meu AMIGO!!

Marcello has 3 boardsets, all original with Taito label. It's interesting that None of them play the plane dive sound effect, and neither does the boardset owned by his friend, Augusto who is credited in the whatsnew (this is not the Augusto from the Emuversal shout box!).

> SE O MAME não TIVESSE TOCADO ESSE RONCO jamais SABERIA que ESSE SOM existe!!

If this sound wasn't playing in MAME, we would never know that it existed!

> Quando eu jogo a indian Battle TAMBEM NÃO TOCA A MUSICA DE FUNDO(mas os
> outros sons tocam só que TUDO MISTURADO, ou seja, o tiro se ouve movendo o cawboy
> para os lados..e assim por diante)

When he runs his board set with Indian Battle ROMs, it doesn't play the background music and the rest of the sound effects get all mixed up, when you move the cowboy to the side it plays the shot sound effect etc.

> No MAME: O inverso!!

In MAME (without samples) - the opposite.

> O driver da INdian BAttle SÓ TOCA A MUSICA DE FUNDO E MAIS NADA(o resto precisa
> obrigatoriamente de samples para se ouvir)quando se joga o jogo Indian Battle.

Indian battle only plays the background music, nothing else, and...

> Por sua vez, quando se joga com as ROMS da GALACTICA só aparece os RONCOS dos
> aviões

...when running the Galactica ROMs on the Indian Battle driver in MAME, only the plane dive sound effect plays.

Okay. Acho que entendemos agora, você já tinha relatado mais ou menos isso no post anterior. Pois e muito estranho que nenhuma da suas quatro placas tocam o efeito sonora dos aviões. Sera que e possivel que o Taito do Brasil simplesmente curtou os componentes que gera esse efeito sonora para baixar o custo de produção?

I'm saying that I'm guessing it's possible that Taito do Brasil could have removed the components that produce that sound effect in order to cut costs?

> Sobre as placas: Sim, TODAS ORIGINAIS TAITO e com OS mesmos componentes da Space
> Invaders, para vc ter uma ideia de diferença só UM RESISTOR de 100K no lugar de um de
> 68K foi encontrado de diferente(alem dos jumpers, claro) e NENHUMA outra diferença(eu
> sei pq eu troquei todos os componentes de uma das 3 placas, então em materia de
> componente eu já estou "fera").

"The components are identical to Space Invaders, we only found one 100K resistor where it should be a 68k resistor, and I know this because I replaced ALL the components on one of the three boardsets."

kkk P*** que pariu que trabalho hein!! Eu não iria ter pacienca para fazer isso! Ja troquei varios componentes chatinhas sim..por isso nem consigo imaginar trocar da uma placa inteira! Fera mesmo!

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: If anyone wants to ask him something about the PCB, post here new [Re: Sune]
#273189 - 01/16/12 04:46 AM Attachment: PCB Galactica-Batalha Espacial.avi 3568 KB (3 downloads)

"A Galactica do seu Amigo e na mesma plataforma do que sua? E as suas tres, são identicas? Parece que existe varios modelos, uma que chama "L" que tem os componentes de som numa placa separada, outra versão com menos placas, etc."

Todas as Galactica são TAITO 3 camadas, ou seja, UM SÓ MODELO que é a PVN001(roms), PVN0004(som) e PVN0005(processador)

Todas capazes de rodar eproms 2716

A "L" talvez funcione o jogo mas eu ainda não testei..

A Galactica do meu AMIGO AUGUSTO esta IMCOMPLETA, sem as MODIFICAÇÔES necessarias eu vou postar a foto aqui em breve.É EXATAMENTE igual a minha

Eu comprei no ebay as outras 2 placas que ERAM DA SPACE INVADERS PARTll e tranformei-as em GALACTICA

Resumo: EU tenho 3 conjuntos de 3 camadas QUE ESTÂO FUNCIONANDO, só existe um MODELO para essa placa que é a PVN, as UNICAS DIFERENÇAS entre a INDIAN BATTLE e SPACE INVADERS, são JUMPERS e INVERSÃO DE COMPONENTES, como por exemplo, cortar PINOS DE ALIMENTAÇÃO, etc!

E eu TENHO CERTEZA que FALTA alguma COISA a FAZER em relação a modificação, O DERRICK ANALISOU UM COMPONENTE DA PLACA DA INDIAN BATTLE e fez a emulação da MUSICA DE FUNDO

Estou SUPER curioso para SABER como FOI FEITA e SOB qual COMPONENTE a musica foi EMULADA.O GURU faz parte deste forum?Ele apresentou ao DERRICK a placa original da indian..

Se eu SOUBESSE como é AS MODIFICAÇÕES na PLACA da indian e matava 2 coelhos!! Ou seja, FUNCIONARIA a GAlactica e A indian Battle num SÓ PCB

Veja uma delas em ação no VIDEO EM ANEXO

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273190 - 01/16/12 05:10 AM Attachment: restauracao 00.jpg 181 KB (3 downloads)

"kkk P*** que pariu que trabalho hein!! Eu não iria ter pacienca para fazer isso! Ja troquei varios componentes chatinhas sim..por isso nem consigo imaginar trocar da uma placa inteira! Fera mesmo!"

Pois eu fui além!!

Veja foto, e no MAIOR ESTILO MAGAIVER eu consertei a DANADA

Ela VALE OURO!! Eheheh, ORIGINALISSIMA, meu verdadeiro xodo!!

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273191 - 01/16/12 05:14 AM Attachment: Comecando.JPG 388 KB (1 downloads)

Continua..

Eu consegui fazer as duas funcionar, repare que a foto acima é de duas camadas de som!!

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273192 - 01/16/12 05:16 AM Attachment: Perfeita como cirurgiao.JPG 554 KB (1 downloads)

Não é uma beleza?

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273193 - 01/16/12 05:19 AM Attachment: restauracao 1.jpg 1511 KB (1 downloads)

Resultado final

Attachment

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#273194 - 01/16/12 05:31 AM

> Todas as Galactica são TAITO 3 camadas, ou seja, UM SÓ MODELO que é a PVN001(roms),
> PVN0004(som) e PVN0005(processador)

All the boardsets are three layer TAITO originals, each board labelled PVN001 (ROMs), PVN0004 (Sound) and PVN0005 (CPU).

> Todas capazes de rodar eproms 2716

All of them can use 2716 EPROMs

> A "L" talvez funcione o jogo mas eu ainda não testei..

The game might work on the "L" model but I haven't tested that.

> A Galactica do meu AMIGO AUGUSTO esta IMCOMPLETA, sem as MODIFICAÇÔES necessarias eu
> vou postar a foto aqui em breve.É EXATAMENTE igual a minha

My friend Augusto's Galactica is incomplete and is missing necessary modifications, I'll post a photo shortly. It's exactly like mine.

> Eu comprei no ebay as outras 2 placas que ERAM DA SPACE INVADERS PARTll e
> tranformei-as em GALACTICA

I bought two Space Invaders Part II on Ebay and converted them to Galactica.

> as UNICAS DIFERENÇAS entre a INDIAN BATTLE e SPACE
> INVADERS, são JUMPERS e INVERSÃO DE COMPONENTES, como por exemplo, cortar PINOS DE
> ALIMENTAÇÃO, etc!

The only difference between Space Invaders and Indian Battle are jumpers and "component inversion" (?) like for example, cutting some power lines etc.

> E eu TENHO CERTEZA que FALTA alguma COISA a FAZER em relação a modificação, O DERRICK
> ANALISOU UM COMPONENTE DA PLACA DA INDIAN BATTLE e fez a emulação da MUSICA DE FUNDO

I'm sure that I'm missing something in the modification. Derrick analyzed the components on Indian Battle and emulated the background music...

> Estou SUPER curioso para SABER como FOI FEITA e SOB qual COMPONENTE a musica foi
> EMULADA.O GURU faz parte deste forum?Ele apresentou ao DERRICK a placa original da
> indian..

I'm super curious about how the modification is done, and which components are emulated. Does Guru visit this forum? He sent the Indian Battle PCB to Derrick.

> Se eu SOUBESSE como é AS MODIFICAÇÕES na PLACA da indian e matava 2 coelhos!! Ou
> seja, FUNCIONARIA a GAlactica e A indian Battle num SÓ PCB

If I knew about the modifications to the Indian Battle board (that Derrick received from Guru) I could kill two birds with one stone - make Galactica and Indian Battle work on one PCB.

-----------------------

Ver se eu entendi direito - você tem duas Space Invaders que comprou no Ebay, e a sua terceira e uma Galactica original do Taito Do Brasil?

Ou e só a placa do Augusto que e original, quer dizer, uma Galactica desde inicio?

Pode explicar em mais detalhes o que significa "INVERSÃO DE COMPONENTES"? Porque eu não consigo traduzir de uma maneira que faz sentido.

No clipe que você postou, eu estou ouvindo o "ronco" does aviões claramente, só que tem algo errado com ele - comparado com o efeito quando galactica esta rodando no driver do Indian Battle. Mas você disse que a sua placa não reproduz esse "ronco" - então eu estou confuso agora..

I'm asking some questions to improve my translation - but also I'm hearing the airplane dive effect in the video he posted just now. Clearly it's not playing correctly, but it is there. So now I'm a bit confused because he also keeps saying that none of his board sets play that sound.

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273196 - 01/16/12 05:41 AM Attachment: Resistor 120k com qual diodo.JPG 1709 KB (1 downloads)

Outras do ebay:

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273198 - 01/16/12 05:48 AM Attachment: Indian Battle original layer roms.jpg 916 KB (1 downloads)

Esta foto é DA CAMADA de ROMS ORIGINAL INDIAN BATTLE

Sim, eu comprei aqui no BRAZIL e O SENHOR que me VENDEU disse que era da GALACTICA.

Na verdade ele confundiu UMA COM A OUTRA porque SÂO hardwares IGUAIS

Ele me vendeu a CAMADA de som da GALACTICA com a camada de ROMS da INDIAN(eu atesto, porque as roms foram lidas e CONFIRMADAS COMO INDIAN BATTLE, veja que tem 8 eproms nela)

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273200 - 01/16/12 05:52 AM Attachment: PVN 00004- PLACA SOM.JPG 1705 KB (7 downloads)

Fotos das outras camadas

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273201 - 01/16/12 05:54 AM Attachment: PVN00005-Processador.JPG 1699 KB (1 downloads)

processador

Attachment

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#273204 - 01/16/12 06:00 AM

> Esta foto é DA CAMADA de ROMS ORIGINAL INDIAN BATTLE

This is a photo of an original Indian Battle ROM board

> Sim, eu comprei aqui no BRAZIL e O SENHOR que me VENDEU disse que era da GALACTICA.

I bought it here in Brazil, the previous owner said it was from Galactica

> Na verdade ele confundiu UMA COM A OUTRA porque SÂO hardwares IGUAIS

But he must have confused one with the other because they are identical.

> Ele me vendeu a CAMADA de som da GALACTICA com a camada de ROMS da INDIAN(eu atesto,
> porque as roms foram lidas e CONFIRMADAS COMO INDIAN BATTLE, veja que tem 8 eproms
> nela)

He sold me a Galactica sound board with an Indian Battle ROM board - the ROMs were dumped and confirmed as Indian Battle, as you can see it has 8 EPROMs on it.

----

Okay so you do have an original Galactica sound PCB, now I am really confused!

Agora se a camada de som e original mesmo e uma misteria de verdade porque ela não funciona?!

S

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#273206 - 01/16/12 06:06 AM

> Fotos das outras camadas

Mt boa essa foto, da para ler os valores de todos os resistores.

Você ja procurei no codigo fonte do MAME?

http://git.redump.net/mame/tree/src/mame/drivers/8080bw.c
http://git.redump.net/mame/tree/src/mame/includes/8080bw.h
http://git.redump.net/mame/tree/src/mame/audio/8080bw.c
http://git.redump.net/mame/tree/src/emu/sound/discrete.h
http://git.redump.net/mame/tree/src/emu/sound/sn76477.h

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273211 - 01/16/12 06:38 AM

"Ver se eu entendi direito - você tem duas Space Invaders que comprou no Ebay, e a sua terceira e uma Galactica original do Taito Do Brasil?

Ou e só a placa do Augusto que e original, quer dizer, uma Galactica desde inicio?

Pode explicar em mais detalhes o que significa "INVERSÃO DE COMPONENTES"? Porque eu não consigo traduzir de uma maneira que faz sentido.

No clipe que você postou, eu estou ouvindo o "ronco" does aviões claramente, só que tem algo errado com ele - comparado com o efeito quando galactica esta rodando no driver do Indian Battle. Mas você disse que a sua placa não reproduz esse "ronco" - então eu estou confuso agora.."

Desculpe, Sune

Na Ânsia de explicar eu acabei atropelando algumas coisas..

Eu tenho 3 conjuntos que estão FUNCIONANDO, é fato.

O que eu não DISSE é que EU TENHO 6 conjuntos!!

Sim 6!! Eu estou recuperando aos poucos, rsrsrsrs

Como vc viu eu SOU fanatico pela MAQUINA, pois era um SONHO impossivel de consumo na epoca, então agora que eu estou velho eu compro e coleciono..ALEM DISSO SOU FISSURADO em COMPUTADOR e ver uma delas FUNCIONAR é que nem um orgasmo,eheheh

Então 2 originais estão funcionando(a quebrada + outra que veio com todas as modificações disponiveis,veja a foto dela onde aparece 2 camadas de som, e FOI ESTA QUE ME SERVIU DE PARAMETRO PARA TRASNFORMAR AS OUTRAS!!)

A terceira é uma NOVINHA(eu transformei, veja a foto dela "limpa" como PVN0004) em folha que eu comprei no ebay.
A do Augusto, meu amigo, esta muito deteriorada, sem modificações e esta dificil de faze-la funcionar e a placa não tem nenhuma diferença em relação a que eu tenho, pelo contrario esta sem as modificações originais.
Mas eu CONSEGUI fazer as OUTRAS ORIGINAIS TAITO DESDE O INICIO FUNCIONAREM e NADA de RONCOS dos AVIÕES e olha que eu troquei todos os amplificadores)

Eu expressei ERRADO na INVERSÃO de componentes..
Eu quis diser que ALGUNS pinos de alguns componentes FORAM cortados em sua alimentação E/OU JUMPEADOS(ligados)a OUTROS pinos de outros componentes.Não sei se eu expliquei certo..

O CLIPE QUE EU POSTEI primeiramente foi dos aviões RODANDO NO MAME com o DRIVER da Indian!!

Por isso que vc esta ouvindo o SOM!!

VEjam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=696t7HbTr2A

O outro clipe é do PCB rodando A GALACTICA real!!.Repare que o som de fundo NÃO È DOS RONCOS DOS AVIÕES EM MERGULHO, TRATA-SE de uma musica com tom grave que acompanha o jogo e ESTA MUSICA não TEM NADA a ver com os RONCOS apesar de parecer ser um ZUMMMMMBIDO.

Vejam:

Repare que no video do PCB não se ouve os RONCOS!!

O que vc ouve é a MUSICA de fundo que a GALACTICA TAMBEM TEM!!

Vc deve estar ASSOCIANDO A MUSICA aos RONCOS, mas não é!!

Preste bem atenção neste video aqui:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8n_zimHj5g

Este video acima é DRIVER OFICIAL NO MAME que roda a GAlactica atualmente!!

Repare que lá existe a musica tambem, mas não é a mesma da Indian..

MAS NÃO SE OUVE OS RONCOS DOS AVIÕES!!!

Tá confuso, né?

Mas vamos chegar lá!

Não sei COMO TE AGRADECER!!

VAleu mesmo, agradeço

Edited by mancinii (01/16/12 08:34 AM)

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273214 - 01/16/12 06:50 AM

"Você ja procurei no codigo fonte do MAME?"

Encontrei essas abaixo

Edited by mancinii (01/16/12 07:08 AM)

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273216 - 01/16/12 07:02 AM

* Taito "Indian Battle" */
/* Sept 2005, D.R. */
/*******************************************************/
static const discrete_dac_r1_ladder indianbt_music_dac =
{3, {0, RES_K(47), RES_K(12)}, 0, 0, 0, CAP_U(0.1)};

#define INDIANBT_MUSIC_CLK (7680.0*2*2*2)

/* Nodes - Inputs */
#define INDIANBT_MUSIC_DATA NODE_01
/* Nodes - Sounds */
#define INDIANBT_MUSIC NODE_11

DISCRETE_SOUND_START(indianbt)

DISCRETE_INPUT_DATA (INDIANBT_MUSIC_DATA)

/******************************************************************************
* Music Generator
******************************************************************************/
DISCRETE_NOTE(NODE_20, 1, INDIANBT_MUSIC_CLK, INDIANBT_MUSIC_DATA, 255, 5, DISC_CLK_IS_FREQ)

// Convert count to 7492 output
DISCRETE_TRANSFORM2(NODE_21, NODE_20, 2, "01>0+")

DISCRETE_DAC_R1(NODE_22, NODE_21, DEFAULT_TTL_V_LOGIC_1, &indianbt_music_dac)

/******************************************************************************
* Final Mixing and Output
******************************************************************************/
DISCRETE_CRFILTER(NODE_90, NODE_22, RES_K(10), CAP_U(0.1))

DISCRETE_OUTPUT(NODE_90, 21000)

DISCRETE_SOUND_END

WRITE8_HANDLER( indianbt_sh_port_1_w )
{
/* bit 4 occurs every 5.25 seconds during gameplay */
_8080bw_state *state = space->machine().driver_data<_8080bw_state>();
UINT8 rising_bits = data & ~state->m_port_1_last_extra;

if (rising_bits & 0x01) sample_start(state->m_samples, 1, 7, 0); /* Death */
if (rising_bits & 0x02) sample_start(state->m_samples, 0, 1, 0); /* Shot Sound */
if (rising_bits & 0x04) sample_start(state->m_samples, 2, 3, 0); /* Move */
if (rising_bits & 0x08) sample_start(state->m_samples, 3, 2, 0); /* Hit */

space->machine().sound().system_enable(data & 0x20);

state->m_screen_red = data & 0x01;

state->m_port_1_last_extra = data;
}

WRITE8_HANDLER( indianbt_sh_port_2_w )
{
_8080bw_state *state = space->machine().driver_data<_8080bw_state>();
UINT8 rising_bits = data & ~state->m_port_2_last_extra;

if (rising_bits & 0x01) sample_start(state->m_samples, 4, 0, 0); /* Bird dropped an egg, Lasso used */
if (rising_bits & 0x02) sample_start(state->m_samples, 4, 2, 0); /* Egg hatches, egg shot */
if (rising_bits & 0x08) sample_start(state->m_samples, 5, 0, 0); /* Grabber, Lasso caught something */
if (rising_bits & 0x10) sample_start(state->m_samples, 3, 7, 0); /* Lasso sound */

state->m_port_2_last_extra = data;
}

WRITE8_DEVICE_HANDLER( indianbt_sh_port_3_w )
{
discrete_sound_w(device, INDIANBT_MUSIC_DATA, data);
}

Será que eu entendi que tem um componente CHAMADO 7492?

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273226 - 01/16/12 08:17 AM

"no clipe que você postou, eu estou ouvindo o "ronco" does aviões claramente, só que tem algo errado com ele - comparado com o efeito quando galactica esta rodando no driver do Indian Battle. Mas você disse que a sua placa não reproduz esse "ronco" - então eu estou confuso agora.."

Eu fiz esta MONTAGEM e aqui neste VIDEO mostra ABSOLUTAMENTE todos os SONS e cores ORIGINAIS

Sim, para não gerar duvidas este video é definitivo:

Todos os SONS estão aqui, INCLUSIVE o RONCOS dos AVIÕES EM MERGULHO

Este video é o PARAMETRO para EMULAR COMPLETAMENTE A GALACTICA
Só tem um RUIDO estranho que o MAME reproduz: Um "pipipipi" constante, de RESTO ESTA TUDO LÀ, vocês vão diferenciar a musica de fundo que a galactica tambem tem(mas não é a mesma da indian)com o som dos mergulhos dos aviões.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F89DjyJ68Vw

Edited by mancinii (01/16/12 08:23 AM)

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273229 - 01/16/12 08:43 AM

"Agora se a camada de som e original mesmo e uma misteria de verdade porque ela não funciona?!"

É isso que eu QUERO SABER!!!

Deve de ter um outro componente ou resistor que faça a "ponte" para que saia o som!!

O DERRICK deve ter estudado a placa original da INDIAN Battle e conseguiu EMULAR o som

Tenho certeza que isso resolve tanto para o HARDWARE FUNCIONAR como para o DRIVER OFICIAL DA GALACTICA NO MAME EMULAR.

Eu não ACREDITO que a Taito USOU UMA PLACA EXTRA DE SOM!!

Aqui no BRAZIL os custos e despesas extras era INVIAVEL, e além do mais, PORQUE FARIAM UMA PLACA EXTRA PARA EMITIR SOMENTE UM SOM??

Bato na tecla:Deve de ter um JUMP a mais que eu tenho que fazer na placa que o TEMPO APAGOU...

A unica chance, ao meu ver, é ESTUDAR E ESMIUÇAR o DRIVER da INDIAN BATTLE,

ELE EMULA, portanto é a solução
abs e muito obrigado

Edited by mancinii (01/16/12 09:07 AM)

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#273238 - 01/16/12 04:03 PM

> * Taito "Indian Battle" */
> /* Sept 2005, D.R. */
> /*******************************************************/
> static const discrete_dac_r1_ladder indianbt_music_dac =
> {3, {0, RES_K(47), RES_K(12)}, 0, 0, 0, CAP_U(0.1)};
>
> #define INDIANBT_MUSIC_CLK (7680.0*2*2*2)
>
> /* Nodes - Inputs */
> #define INDIANBT_MUSIC_DATA NODE_01
> /* Nodes - Sounds */
> #define INDIANBT_MUSIC NODE_11
>
> DISCRETE_SOUND_START(indianbt)
>
> DISCRETE_INPUT_DATA (INDIANBT_MUSIC_DATA)
>
> /******************************************************************************
> *
> * Music Generator
> *
> ******************************************************************************/
> DISCRETE_NOTE(NODE_20, 1, INDIANBT_MUSIC_CLK, INDIANBT_MUSIC_DATA, 255, 5,
> DISC_CLK_IS_FREQ)
>
> // Convert count to 7492 output
> DISCRETE_TRANSFORM2(NODE_21, NODE_20, 2, "01>0+")
>
> DISCRETE_DAC_R1(NODE_22, NODE_21, DEFAULT_TTL_V_LOGIC_1, &indianbt_music_dac)
>
> /******************************************************************************
> *
> * Final Mixing and Output
> *
> ******************************************************************************/
> DISCRETE_CRFILTER(NODE_90, NODE_22, RES_K(10), CAP_U(0.1))
>
> DISCRETE_OUTPUT(NODE_90, 21000)
>
> DISCRETE_SOUND_END

> Será que eu entendi que tem um componente CHAMADO 7492?

Eu não sabe ler o codigo muito bem...mas eu creio que sim. Pareçe que tem valores de algums componentes (CAP, RES) tambem. K=kilo, U=Micro? Acho que "NODE" deve referer ao codigo em algum outro parte do DISCRETE_NÃO_SEI_QUE.

S

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: If anyone wants to ask him something about the PCB, post here new [Re: mancinii]
#273240 - 01/16/12 04:12 PM

> "no clipe que você postou, eu estou ouvindo o "ronco" does aviões claramente, só que
> tem algo errado com ele - comparado com o efeito quando galactica esta rodando no
> driver do Indian Battle. Mas você disse que a sua placa não reproduz esse "ronco" -
> então eu estou confuso agora.."
>
>
> Eu fiz esta MONTAGEM e aqui neste VIDEO mostra ABSOLUTAMENTE todos os SONS e cores
> ORIGINAIS
>
> Sim, para não gerar duvidas este video é definitivo:
>
> Todos os SONS estão aqui, INCLUSIVE o RONCOS dos AVIÕES EM MERGULHO
>
> Este video é o PARAMETRO para EMULAR COMPLETAMENTE A GALACTICA
> Só tem um RUIDO estranho que o MAME reproduz: Um "pipipipi" constante, de RESTO ESTA
> TUDO LÀ, vocês vão diferenciar a musica de fundo que a galactica tambem tem(mas não é
> a mesma da indian)com o som dos mergulhos dos aviões.
>
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F89DjyJ68Vw

Agora entendi, o barulho que eu ouvi era a "musica" (bem sinistro essa trilha) do fundo, não o ronco dos aviões. Eu nem tinha percebido que tinha musica tambem.

S

Derrick Renaud
Discrete Coder
Reged: 10/18/03
Loc: The Local Pub
Send PM

D's thoughts new [Re: gregf]
#273245 - 01/16/12 06:50 PM

If Galactica does not have the add-on music board that Indian Battle had, then that means it does not have the music/engine sounds. Even if the code to do so is there.

Polaris has a port that you can add the music board to and it will give better engine sounds that actually follow the flight of the Boss plane up/down. It sounds way better then the actual effect used on the real board which does not follow the plane and can end up making a dive sound as the plane goes up and vice/versa. BUT that does not mean we can add the board to the driver just because the code is there. They never added it to the real game for cost reasons or whatever.

Unfortunately, my brain does not handle google translation well. So, is there proof that Galactica has the same Indian Battle add-on board?

Also remember, I have not looked into Galactica at all, so I know nothing about it. Don't even know if there is a schematic available.

take care,
D.

Do not p-mail me for help compiling my updates, ask on the board.
Do not request sound for your favorite game. I work on whatever, when I get around to it.
If you have schematics for discrete sound games not easily found on the net, I would be interested.

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: D's thoughts new [Re: Derrick Renaud]
#273250 - 01/16/12 07:27 PM

> If Galactica does not have the add-on music board that Indian Battle had, then that
> means it does not have the music/engine sounds. Even if the code to do so is there.

So what you are saying is that there is a fourth board on the Indian Battle stack that plays the background music only?

Marcello is going crazy trying to get his 8080 boardsets (he has six (!) three non working) to play the plane dive sound effect in Galactica.

I get the impression that he has a bunch of 8080 game ROMs and can swap games at will. If I'm understanding him correctly, some boards need wire jumpers and other small modifications in order to run some of the games.

> Polaris has a port that you can add the music board to and it will give better engine
> sounds that actually follow the flight of the Boss plane up/down. It sounds way
> better then the actual effect used on the real board which does not follow the plane
> and can end up making a dive sound as the plane goes up and vice/versa.

Cool. Have any photos of it or a schematic? I'm sure Marcello would like to get his hands on this. I think he's crazy/MacGyver enough to build one himself if he can't find one for sale.

> BUT that does
> not mean we can add the board to the driver just because the code is there. They
> never added it to the real game for cost reasons or whatever.

I understand, but..if the code to play sounds is there and the games are interchangeable across 8080 boards then surely someone had a Galactica with that extra sound PCB running in an arcade at some point..? Maybe (pushing my luck here, glad you're not RB) you would consider making it a separate "device" and adding it as selectable through the driver options in the TAB menu?

I'll ask him if any of his boards have that port. Which PCB is it on?

> Unfortunately, my brain does not handle google translation well. So, is there proof
> that Galactica has the same Indian Battle add-on board?

No, he doesn't mention that board - Marcello found out about the plane dive sound effect when running the Galactica ROMs on the Indian Battle driver. None of his boardsets play the plane dive sound effect. What if his board has that add-on port, like Polaris? Would that be proof enough?

Though I guess that determining if any of his 8080 board sets were actually born as a Galactica could be a problem lol

> Also remember, I have not looked into Galactica at all, so I know nothing about it.
> Don't even know if there is a schematic available.

Marcello is willing to help with component values, measurements and stuff like that if you need anything. He certainly has the equipment. Let me know if you want to ask him something, I'll translate.
There's a great photo of one of his 8080 sound PCBs further down in the thread somewhere where you can clearly read all resistor values.
Can you tell by looking if that's the PCB you are talking about, or just the regular 8080 stack sound PCB?

> take care,
> D.

You too and thanks for popping in

S

Derrick Renaud
Discrete Coder
Send PM

Re: D's thoughts new [Re: Sune]
#273255 - 01/16/12 08:27 PM

What I was saying for Polaris is that it has code, but Never had the add-on board added. It was most likely something the programmer was playing with but never added to the final game. I beleive other midway games did the same thing. IIRC midway Blue Shark had a sound trigger that is used by code, but goes no where in hardware.

Unless there is proof a board/sound effect had hardware on the released PCB set, then I am not comfortable in adding it. I do add notes in the driver though.

I do not have a pic of the Indian Battle music board any more, though Guru may still have a pic.

D.

Do not request sound for your favorite game. I work on whatever, when I get around to it.
If you have schematics for discrete sound games not easily found on the net, I would be interested.

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273260 - 01/16/12 10:28 PM

Dear Derrick

It is with great pleasure, honor and joy to talk to you.
I want to first thank you for everything you have done in emulation of so many games, my thanks and congratulations for providing us with great happiness.

Thank you for having entered the forum here to help

I am honored to welcome you here

Sorry for translation errors made ​​by google.

Unfortunately I do not speak English.

I'm trying to be objective.

Dear Sune is committed to helping in the translation

I appreciate immensely the Sune

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273262 - 01/16/12 11:17 PM

Sune, eu estou "traduzindo" algumas questões e me perdoe por antecipar as respostas.
A chegada do GRANDMASTER Derrick me empolgou neste momento!

Eu já entendi que a INDIAN BATTLE tem uma quarta placa adicional..

Pelo que observei, no comentario, o Derrick quer provas de que a Galactica TINHA esta mesma placa adicional, não é?

NÃO TINHA!!

Explico:Agora eu ENTENDI tudo a respeito do HARDWARE!

Lembra que eu havia dito?: "Eu só descobri esse som dos roncos dos aviões em mergulho por causa do MAME, senão nem saberia que existe.."

Eu quando jogava, naquela epoca de 1980, NÂO OUVIA O SOM DOS MERGULHOS..Sabe porque?

Eu conclui e estou certo disso:Os custos não ERAM VIÁVEIS, ou seja, não era VANTAGEM utilizar placas extras e componentes extras para se ouvir um unico som...

MAS CALMA!!!

EU TENHO PROVAS DE QUE ESSE SOM ERA OUVIDO, quem me garantiu foi um FANATICO amigo meu(maior do que eu! que CHOROU de verdade ao ver o jogo no MAME FUNCIONANDO)

A maquina que MEU AMIGO JOGAVA ERA UMA INDIAN BATTLE provavelmente com A PLACA EXTRA que estava FUNCIONANDO COM A CAMADA DE ROMS DA GALACTICA!

Entendeu?

Explico melhor:Eu COMPREI 2 conjuntos originais IDENTICOS de um senhor aqui no BRAZIL na cidade do Rio de Janeiro

ELE ME GARANTIU SE TRATAR DA GALACTICA!
Depois o meu AMIGO DUMPOU as ROMS e confirmou a camada de ROMS SER A INDIAN BATTLE

Sim!! Indian Battle!

Vc viu a foto da camada das ROMS? A que tem 8? A galactica tem 7 roms.

Então..Uma ERA DA GALACTICA MESMO e a OUTRA É COMPROVADAMENTE da indian Battle.

Vc iria me perguntar se eu tenho varias ROMS? Sim!! Eu tenho AS CAMADAS DA INDIAN BATTLE, Galactica, Space Invaders part ll e acredite:LUNAR RESCUE

Voltando ao assunto da placa extra: São 3 conjuntos originais EXISTENTES(2 minhas e 1 do AUGUSTO) e nem SINAL DA PLACA EXTRA!!

Eu acredito que seja IMPOSSIVEL obter ou comprar essa PLACA extra!!

A unica chance é TENTAR FAZER QUE NEM A POLARIS

Pelo menos no MAME o som PODERÁ SER OUVIDO.

NOTA:Eu NÃO VI NENHUM soquete ou ALGO PARA CONECTAR UMA POSSIVEL placa extra!

Se eu SOUBER por onde CONECTAR eu CONSIGO FABRICAR UMA PLACA!!

VC DISSE BEM!! eu CONSIGO FABRICAR UMA EXTRA!! Só preciso saber QUAIS RESISTORES E COMPONENTES, o TTL 7492 eu já sei onde conseguir..

ABRAÇOS e OBRIGADO DE CORAÇÃO MESMO, Sune!!

GRANDMASTER Derrick, THANK YOU!!

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: D's thoughts new [Re: mancinii]
#273263 - 01/16/12 11:31 PM Attachment: CAMADA ROM GALACTICA ORIGINAL do Augusto.jpg 1032 KB (1 downloads)

Segue foto da CAMADA de roms ORIGINAIS DA GALACTICA que esta com o AUGUSTO

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273264 - 01/16/12 11:46 PM Attachment: galactica ROM ORIGINAIS minha.jpg 1583 KB (1 downloads)

Esta é a minha!!

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273265 - 01/16/12 11:52 PM Attachment: Galactica-Augusto.jpg 1028 KB (1 downloads)

NOTEM:

"G" in RED!!!

Sim, Yes!!

G - Galactica

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273271 - 01/17/12 12:14 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EYinWdlg84&feature=youtu.be

As 2 placas ORIGINAIS em detalhes estão no video acima

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#273272 - 01/17/12 12:30 AM

>If Galactica does not have the add-on music board that Indian Battle had, then that
>means it does not have the music/engine sounds. Even if the code to do so is there.
>Unfortunately, my brain does not handle google translation well. So, is there proof that
>Galactica has the same Indian Battle add-on board?

Good to have Sune doing translation of what the hardware consists of. Previous week, before more posts were to this thread, my guess is the game only had engine/motor sounds being audible from an audio board. No idea what pcbs consisted of regarding this game.

>Also remember, I have not looked into Galactica at all, so I know nothing about it.
>Don't even know if there is a schematic available.

Thanks for the reading posts here. Hopefully all the specific info will be added to MAME Testers later as an entry report until audio sounds are emulated.

Derrick Renaud
Discrete Coder
Send PM

Re: D's thoughts new [Re: gregf]
#273273 - 01/17/12 12:42 AM

> Thanks for the reading posts here. Hopefully all the specific info will be added to
> MAME Testers later as an entry report until audio sounds are emulated.

Is there proof that there are sounds needing to be emulated?

Does his original board make the sounds in question?

If he is just plugging his ROMs into the Indian Battle driver, and that is the only time the sounds are heard, then that is just Hidden code that creates cool sounds, just like Polaris. If there is no hardware for it, then it was never meant to be heard by anyone but the game developer. It would have been left out due to cost cutting measures. It would then not deserve anything but a mention in the source stating what the port does.

I know nothing about the game, so if he is saying the original board has that feature, then it is worth looking into.

D.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#273274 - 01/17/12 12:49 AM

>> Thanks for the reading posts here. Hopefully all the specific info will be added to
>> MAME Testers later as an entry report until audio sounds are emulated.

>Is there proof that there are sounds needing to be emulated?
>Does his original board make the sounds in question?

Marcello's videos. Check the first video link with pcb and one of the pots being adjusted.....which all the pots need to be documented of what each pot controls. (audio sound pitch, or volume etc.)

==

===

>I know nothing about the game, so if he is saying the original board has that feature,
> then it is worth looking into.

Same here. That's why also bringing thread here on MAME chat forum to link Marcello's videos here.

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#273276 - 01/17/12 01:22 AM

> If he is just plugging his ROMs into the Indian Battle driver, and that is the only
> time the sounds are heard, then that is just Hidden code that creates cool sounds,
> just like Polaris. If there is no hardware for it, then it was never meant to be
> heard by anyone but the game developer. It would have been left out due to cost
> cutting measures. It would then not deserve anything but a mention in the source
> stating what the port does.
>
> I know nothing about the game, so if he is saying the original board has that
> feature, then it is worth looking into.

That's the thing...none of his boardsets have that extra sound PCB.

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273277 - 01/17/12 01:33 AM Attachment: Contator de FICHAS.JPG 1732 KB (1 downloads)

that the additional card!

I thought it only serves to count chips

Component has a 7493 (not 7492)

Is it this?

Attachment

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#273282 - 01/17/12 02:41 AM

> that the additional card!

Opa! Espero que o Derrick vai saber só batendo olho..

> I thought it only serves to count chips

credits ou coins, não chips..."chips" você usa na mesa de roleta la em Las Vegas!

Essa placa vem de qual conjunto?

Pode me corrigir tambem!! rsrs

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273283 - 01/17/12 02:54 AM Attachment: Contador de moedas(interrogacao).jpg 2040 KB (2 downloads)

Oi Sune,

Que bom que você esta aqui.
Eu achei esta placa que veio junto com o CONJUNTO DA SPACE INVADERS part ll.Eu acho que é um CONTADOR de fichas/moedas, realmente não sei qual é a função dele veja a foto desta placa dentro do GABINETE da Space Invaders

Eu não queria perder a oportunidade de esclarecer as coisas, eu acho que não estou conseguindo explicar direito e ESSA OPORTUNIDADE que eu estou tendo É UNICA, ou seja, estar junto com vocês aqui é uma FELICIDADE ENORME e se eu não resolver isso aqui no forum COM CERTEZA NÂO RESOLVEREI em lugar nenhum.

O que é de vital importancia é saber se o Derrick reconheceu esse hardware como sendo IGUAL ao PCB que o Sir Guru trouxe do Japão.
O mais importante:O Derrick entendeu que a EMULAÇÃO da MUSICA DE FUNDO da Indian Battle é = Ao som dos motores dos aviões em mergulho, quando os jogos são JOGADOS PELO DRIVER MAME DA INDIAN BATTLE?

O Sir Derrick EXAMINOU a PLACA EXTRA?

Tem como ADICIONAR ao driver MAME oficial Da GALACTICA essa emulação?(Ou seja, INSERIR A MESMA EMULAÇÃO da MUSICA DE FUNDO da Idian NO DRIVER MAME Galactica oficial que não contem esse som?)

Outras questões importantes: Ele emulou a musica de fundo do componente 7492?
Onde a placa EXTRA esta CONECTADA?

Todos os AMIGOS AQUI sabem que OS HArdwares da Space invaders partll da TAITO(somente 3 camadas)são identicos?

Hardware Space Invaders Partll= Hardware GAlactica Batalha Espacial = Hardware Indian Battle

Veja esse video com atenção, por favor, eu estou tentando explicar, vc vai ver que a imagem dos indios esta em bloco, pois um componente o MB14241 esta com defeito, obrigado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCHX4V9E1nM&feature=youtu.be

Attachment

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#273284 - 01/17/12 03:31 AM

> Oi Sune,
>
> Que bom que você esta aqui.
> Eu achei esta placa que veio junto com o CONJUNTO DA SPACE INVADERS part ll.Eu acho
> que é um CONTADOR de fichas/moedas, realmente não sei qual é a função dele veja a
> foto desta placa dentro do GABINETE da Space Invaders

The small PCB came with my Space Invaders Part II. I believe it's a credit/coin counter, but I really don't know what it does. In the attached photo, you can see it inside a Space Invaders cab.

> Eu não queria perder a oportunidade de esclarecer as coisas, eu acho que não estou
> conseguindo explicar direito e ESSA OPORTUNIDADE que eu estou tendo É UNICA, ou seja,
> estar junto com vocês aqui é uma FELICIDADE ENORME e se eu não resolver isso aqui no
> forum COM CERTEZA NÂO RESOLVEREI em lugar nenhum.

I don't want to lose the opportunity to make things clear [for me] I think that I'm not able to make you understand that this opportunity that I have is unique, or rather, being able to join you here makes me very happy and if I don't find out how to fix this here on this forum I surely will not find out anywhere.

> O que é de vital importancia é saber se o Derrick reconheceu esse hardware como sendo
> IGUAL ao PCB que o Sir Guru trouxe do Japão.

It's important to me to know if Derrick recognizes this hardware, whether it is the same as the PCB that Guru got from Japan.

> O mais importante:O Derrick entendeu que a EMULAÇÃO da MUSICA DE FUNDO da Indian
> Battle é = Ao som dos motores dos aviões em mergulho, quando os jogos são JOGADOS
> PELO DRIVER MAME DA INDIAN BATTLE?

Most importantly, did Derrick understand that whatever emulates the background music in Indian Battle is the same that makes the plane diving sound in Galactica?

(Eu creio que sim!)

> O Sir Derrick EXAMINOU a PLACA EXTRA?

Has Derrick seen this auxiliary PCB?

> Tem como ADICIONAR ao driver MAME oficial Da GALACTICA essa emulação?(Ou seja,
> INSERIR A MESMA EMULAÇÃO da MUSICA DE FUNDO da Idian NO DRIVER MAME Galactica oficial
> que não contem esse som?)

Is there a way to add this code to the Galactica driver in MAME?

Derrick disse que precisa provar de alguma forma que a Galactica foi vendida nos anos 80s com essa placa ja montado. Ele disse que o fato de o codigo existe nos ROMs para gerar esse efeito sonora não e prova bastante que o conjunto foi vendido com essaa placa auxiliar de som.

> Outras questões importantes: Ele emulou a musica de fundo do componente 7492?
> Onde a placa EXTRA esta CONECTADA?

Is the music/plane dive sound driven by a 7492?
Where is the auxiliary sound PCB connected?

> Todos os AMIGOS AQUI sabem que OS HArdwares da Space invaders partll da TAITO(somente
> 3 camadas)são identicos?
> Hardware Space Invaders Partll= Hardware GAlactica Batalha Espacial = Hardware Indian
> Battle

Does everyone here know that the Space Invaders Part II hardware is identical to Indian Battle and Galactica Batalha Espacial?

> Veja esse video com atenção, por favor, eu estou tentando explicar, vc vai ver que a
> imagem dos indios esta em bloco, pois um componente o MB14241 esta com defeito,
> obrigado:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCHX4V9E1nM&feature=youtu.be

The indians appear as blocks in the video because this boardset has a faulty MB14241.

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#273287 - 01/17/12 03:44 AM

> Eu já entendi que a INDIAN BATTLE tem uma quarta placa adicional..

I understood that Indian Batttle has a fourth PCB

> Pelo que observei, no comentario, o Derrick quer provas de que a Galactica TINHA esta
> mesma placa adicional, não é?
>
> NÃO TINHA!!

From what I understand, Derrick wants proof that Galactica had this same extra PCB? It didn't.

> Explico:Agora eu ENTENDI tudo a respeito do HARDWARE!

Now I understand everything in respect to the hardware.

> Lembra que eu havia dito?: "Eu só descobri esse som dos roncos dos aviões em mergulho
> por causa do MAME, senão nem saberia que existe.."

Remember what I said - I only discovered the plane diving sound because of MAME, otherwise I would never have known about it.

> Eu quando jogava, naquela epoca de 1980, NÂO OUVIA O SOM DOS MERGULHOS..Sabe porque?

When I played this game in the 80's, I never heard the plane diving sound. Know why?

> Eu conclui e estou certo disso:Os custos não ERAM VIÁVEIS, ou seja, não era VANTAGEM
> utilizar placas extras e componentes extras para se ouvir um unico som...

I am sure of this - they decided that it was not viable to use/produce this auxiliary board just for the sake of generating a single sound effect.

> MAS CALMA!!!

But calm down!! (lol, this is very Brazilian)

> EU TENHO PROVAS DE QUE ESSE SOM ERA OUVIDO, quem me garantiu foi um FANATICO amigo
> meu(maior do que eu! que CHOROU de verdade ao ver o jogo no MAME FUNCIONANDO)

I have a friend who literally cried when he heard the plane diving sound playing in MAME, he's an even bigger fanatic than me.

> A maquina que MEU AMIGO JOGAVA ERA UMA INDIAN BATTLE provavelmente com A PLACA EXTRA
> que estava FUNCIONANDO COM A CAMADA DE ROMS DA GALACTICA!

The machine that my friend had been playing was probably an Indian Battle converted to Galactica, with the extra sound PCB.

> Explico melhor:Eu COMPREI 2 conjuntos originais IDENTICOS de um senhor aqui no BRAZIL
> na cidade do Rio de Janeiro

Let me explain this better: I bought two original and identical boardsets from a man here in Rio De Janeiro.

> ELE ME GARANTIU SE TRATAR DA GALACTICA!

He guaranteed that both were Galactica boardsets.

> Depois o meu AMIGO DUMPOU as ROMS e confirmou a camada de ROMS SER A INDIAN BATTLE

Later, my friend dumped the ROMs and it was confirmed that the ROM board was an Indian Battle ROM board.

> Vc viu a foto da camada das ROMS? A que tem 8? A galactica tem 7 roms.

Did you see the photo of the ROM board? It has 8 ROMs. The Galactica ROM board has 7.

> Então..Uma ERA DA GALACTICA MESMO e a OUTRA É COMPROVADAMENTE da indian Battle.

So.. one was really a Galactica, and the other an Indian Battle.

> Vc iria me perguntar se eu tenho varias ROMS? Sim!! Eu tenho AS CAMADAS DA INDIAN
> BATTLE, Galactica, Space Invaders part ll e acredite:LUNAR RESCUE

I have the ROM boards (he has the PCBs, not just the ROMs) for Indian Battle, Galactica, Space Invaders Part II and Lunar Rescue.

> Voltando ao assunto da placa extra: São 3 conjuntos originais EXISTENTES(2 minhas e 1
> do AUGUSTO) e nem SINAL DA PLACA EXTRA!!

We have 3 original board sets, two are mine and one is Augustos - no extra sound board in sight.

> Eu acredito que seja IMPOSSIVEL obter ou comprar essa PLACA extra!!

I think it would be impossible to find or buy this auxiliary sound board.

> A unica chance é TENTAR FAZER QUE NEM A POLARIS

The only chance is to try to make one..(sorry I don't understand this sentence, he's probably saying that he will never be able to find a Polaris board set either?)

> Pelo menos no MAME o som PODERÁ SER OUVIDO.

At least in MAME you can hear the plane diving sound.

> NOTA:Eu NÃO VI NENHUM soquete ou ALGO PARA CONECTAR UMA POSSIVEL placa extra!

Note: I didn't see any socket or anything where you would connect an auxiliary PCB.

> Se eu SOUBER por onde CONECTAR eu CONSIGO FABRICAR UMA PLACA!!

If I knew where to connect it, I can built the auxiliary PCB myself!!

> VC DISSE BEM!! eu CONSIGO FABRICAR UMA EXTRA!! Só preciso saber QUAIS RESISTORES E
> COMPONENTES, o TTL 7492 eu já sei onde conseguir..

You said it already - I can do that. I just need to know which components are on it, I can get everything I need.

> ABRAÇOS e OBRIGADO DE CORAÇÃO MESMO, Sune!!
>
> GRANDMASTER Derrick, THANK YOU!!

Thanks from the heart!!

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273288 - 01/17/12 03:45 AM

Sune,

Você entendeu as explicações do porque eu NÃO OUVIA O SOM DOS RONCOS na epoca(1980) em que eu jogava?

Pelo que eu entendi a placa Original da Indian era OBRIGATORIO o USO DA PLACA extra!

Se não A MUSICA não TOCAVA!!

E as GRANDE MAIORIA das Galacticas que TINHA AQUI não CONTINHA ESSA PLACA extra(por economia de custos,acredito eu).Então, SOMENTE AS GALACTICAS que rodavam na PLACA DA Indian Battle emitia TODOS OS SONS!

Então é por isso que NENHUMA DAS MINHAS PLACAS REPRODUZEM O SOM QUE FALTA.

ATENÇÃO eu vou explicar a CONFIGURAÇÃO DOS TRIMPOTS de volume(dizer quem é e qual o som que sai deles)

Da esquerda para direita:

VR1= Sem função não esta habilitado,TALVEZ OS RONCOS SAIAM por ele.
VR2= Som da destruição dos aviões inimigos

VR3= Som da destruição do canhão que esta na base central quando é atingido
VR4= Som estranho!! Um "PIPIPIPIPI" interminavel igualzinho ao que se ouve quando se joga a Galactica pelo DRIVER oficial dela. esta alimentação foi cortado do pino 74LS11 se não cortar o pino o BARULHO FICA ALTO
VR5= Bonus para o canhão extra

VR6= Musica "funebre" de fundo
Vr7= Barulho do tiro(fire)

Ouça bem neste video esta BEM AUDIVEL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1-Uoyhg5fI&feature=related

Thanks

Edited by mancinii (01/17/12 05:54 AM)

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Translation - 8080 trimpot/variable resistor info! new [Re: mancinii]
#273290 - 01/17/12 03:58 AM

> Sune,
>
> Você entendeu as explicações do porque eu NÃO OUVIA O SOM DOS RONCOS na epoca(1980)
> em que eu jogava?

Sim, confere na tradução fodastica la embaixo!!

> Pelo que eu entendi a placa Original da Indian era OBRIGATORIO o USO DA PLACA extra!
>
> Se não A MUSICA não TOCAVA!!

Pelo que o Derrick falou, foi isso que eu entendi tambem.

> E as GRANDE MAIORIA das Galacticas que TINHA AQUI não CONTINHA ESSA PLACA extra(por
> economia de custos,acredito eu)
>
> Então, SOMENTE AS GALACTICAS que rodavam na PLACA DA Indian Battle emitia TODOS OS
> SONS!

Sim, concordo

Agora eu vou traduzir!

> ATENÇÃO eu vou explicar a CONFIGURAÇÃO DOS TRIMPOTS de volume(dizer quem é e qual o
> som que sai deles)

Attention!! I'll describe the configuration of the volume trimpots.

> Da esquerda para direita:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/download.php?Number=273200 (no image tags, it gets too big)

From left to right:

> VR1= Sem função não esta habilitado,TALVEZ OS RONCOS SAIAM por ele.

Doesn't do anything - maybe this is supposed to regulate the volume of the Galactica plane diving sound/Indian Battle music

> VR2= Som da destruição dos aviões inimigos

Enemy plane explosion sound

> VR3= Som da destruição do canhão que esta na base central quando é atingido

Sound of the destruction of the cannon by the central base when it is hit (sorry, I suppose I should at least play these games before trying to translate this stuff)

> VR4= Som estranho!! Um "PIPIPIPIPI" interminavel igualzinho ao que se ouve quando se
> joga a Galactica pelo DRIVER oficial dela.

A strange sound. You also hear this sound when playing Galactica in MAME (on the Galactica driver)

esta alimentação foi cortado do pino
> 74LS11 se não cortar o pino o BARULHO FICA ALTO

I have cut the connection to this pot at a pin of a 74LS11, if I don't cut this the noise becomes really loud. (hope I understood this right)

> VR5= Bonus para o canhão extra

Bonus cannon sound effect

> VR6= Musica "funebre" de fundo

"Funeral" music in the background (tá bem sinistro mesmo!!)

> Vr7= Barulho do tiro(fire)

Firing sound

> Ouça bem neste video esta BEM AUDIVEL

Listen, you can hear everything here

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1-Uoyhg5fI&feature=related

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Translation - 8080 trimpot/variable resistor info! new [Re: Sune]
#273291 - 01/17/12 04:46 AM

Sune É REALMEWTE admiravel o trabalho e a ATENÇÂO que vc esta TENDO PARA COMIGO!!

Eu não sei como AGRADECER você por isso!

Eu estou NESSA PROCURA por 30 longos anos e finalmente tudo esta ancaminhando para um desfecho FELIZ.

Eu gostaria de saber a sua opinião e DOS AMIGOS aqui.

Eu vou dar a minha e eu gostaria que todos entendessem:
A rom FOI CONCEBIDA para gerar o efeito..

Por favor, O Derrick não esta disposto a EMULAR se não tiver provas?

EU tenho que ser o "ADVOGADO" em causa!

Eu tenho que "sensibilizar" O Derrick e explico porque:

A Galactica, coitada, É PRIMA POBRE da "familia Taito 8080"

ELA É GENUÍNA BRASILEIRA- NÃO FOI SEQUER reconhecida e NÃO ESTA EM NENHUM CATALOGO DA TAITO(podem conferir, NADA SE FALA OU TEM ALGUMA COISA SOBRE ELA, esquemas, etc)

O Hardware É UMA ADAPTAÇÃO PURA!!

Sim, Derrick, aqui no Brasil a pobreza éra e AINDA É obstaculo para tudo!!

Então te peço ENCARECIDAMENTE que reconsidere as provas, pois a GAlactica funcionava com o que SOBRAVA das maquinas Space Invaders e Indian Battle

Ela foi RENEGADA pela TAITO DO Japão

O responsavel pelo SOFTWARE sabia o que estava FAZENDO ele emulou SABENDO QUE PRECISARIA DE PLACA EXTRA.

Ele não tem culpa(e nós FÃNS do jogo original, tambem)que o estas placas não estavam PRESENTE EM TODAS MAQUINAS

O fato é que EXISTIU SIM a maquina RODANDO e FUNCIONANDO todos os sons, eu garanto(meu amigo que chorou esta triste em não ouvir novamente o som)

Concluindo; Ela foi comercializada nas duas maneiras: Com e sem a placa extra.

Então , ao meu ver, eu acho que tem que prevalecer O PROJETO FINAL, ou seja, FAZER COM QUE ELA FUNCIONE COMPLETAMENTE, pois o PROJETO foi feito para tal.

Questões comerciais(neste caso) pode ser desconsiderado, o que acha?

Pense SIR Derrick, e reconsidere por favor!

SUNE, eu estou querendo sensibilizar a TODOS AQUI que problemas estruturais e economicos podem acarretar imjustiças. Você que viveu no BRASIL sabe não é?

Hoje GRAÇAS a Deus, o BRASIL esta INFINITAMENTE melhor que em 1980, nem se compara com o que viviamos naquela epoca

Mas ainda somos emergentes e EU SOU UM CARA que preserva a MEMORIA NACIONAL e este GAME(GALACTICA) é um verdadeiro REPRESENTANTE DESSA MEMORIA!

Para frente BRASIL!!

Deus te ilumine.

Muito obrigado mesmo pelo apoio

Abraços

Edited by mancinii (01/17/12 05:59 AM)

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273293 - 01/17/12 05:07 AM

Agradeço a você gregf!!

Muito obrigado

Thanks

Você foi o responsavel em colocar a minha pergunta em discussão aqui!

Thanks ao gregf

thanks ao Derrick

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Translation + personal opinion new [Re: mancinii]
#273303 - 01/17/12 06:15 AM

> A rom FOI CONCEBIDA para gerar o efeito..

The code is there in the ROM to generate the effect.

> Por favor, O Derrick não esta disposto a EMULAR se não tiver provas?

Please, is Derrick not willing to emulate it even if I don't have proof?

> EU tenho que ser o "ADVOGADO" em causa!

I have to be the "advocate" for the cause

> Eu tenho que "sensibilizar" O Derrick e explico porque:

I have to "appeal to Derricks feelings", I'll explain why:

> A Galactica, coitada, É PRIMA POBRE da "familia Taito 8080"

Galactica, poor thing, is the poor cousin of the Taito 8080 family.

> ELA É GENUÍNA BRASILEIRA- NÃO FOI SEQUER reconhecida e NÃO ESTA EM NENHUM CATALOGO DA
> TAITO(podem conferir, NADA SE FALA OU TEM ALGUMA COISA SOBRE ELA, esquemas, etc)

It is genuinely Brazilian, it does not exist in any Taito catalog, it is not mentioned anywhere, there are no schematics etc.

> O Hardware É UMA ADAPTAÇÃO PURA!!

The hardware is a pure adaptation (creating something new out of what's available)

> Sim, Derrick, aqui no Brasil a pobreza éra e AINDA É obstaculo para tudo!!

Here in Brazil, poverty is still an obstacle for everyone.

> Então te peço ENCARECIDAMENTE que reconsidere as provas, pois a GAlactica funcionava
> com o que SOBRAVA das maquinas Space Invaders e Indian Battle

So, I beg you to reconsider the evidence, because Galactica was built with what was left over from games like Space Invaders and Indian Battle.

> Ela foi RENEGADA pela TAITO DO Japão

It was denied by Taito Japan

> O responsavel pelo SOFTWARE sabia o que estava FAZENDO ele emulou SABENDO QUE
> PRECISARIA DE PLACA EXTRA.

The programmer knew what he was doing and added this sound effect knowing that the extra sound board was required.

> Ele não tem culpa(e nós FÃNS do jogo original, tambem)que o estas placas não estavam
> PRESENTE EM TODAS MAQUINAS

It is not his fault (nor the fans of the original game) that these auxiliary sound boards were not present on all boardsets.

> O fato é que EXISTIU SIM a maquina RODANDO e FUNCIONANDO todos os sons, eu
> garanto(meu amigo que chorou esta triste em não ouvir novamente o som)

The fact is that yes, running machines with this extra board did exist, I guarantee it, my friend who was crying is sad that he cannot hear this sound again.

> Concluindo; Ela foi comercializada nas duas maneiras: Com e sem a placa extra.

Concluding - the boardset was put on the market in two forms - with and without the auxiliary sound board.

> Então , ao meu ver, eu acho que tem que prevalecer O PROJETO FINAL, ou seja, FAZER
> COM QUE ELA FUNCIONE COMPLETAMENTE, pois o PROJETO foi feito para tal.

So, from my point of view, I believe the the game should be documented as it was intended, complete, the way it was made to run.

> QUestões comerciais(somente neste caso) pode ser desconsiderado, o que acha?

Commercial interests (in this case) could be ignored, what do you think?

> Pense, e reconsidere por favor!

Think about it and please reconsider.

----------------

I know it's not my place but I have to add this;

Crying friends aside, his argument makes total sense to me. During the military dictatorship import of anything was either forbidden or taxed so high that you would just forget about it. That's why we have all these funny old clone products here. Up until the late 80's there were no foreign cars, it was forbidden to import a car, in order to "protect the national economy" you were (and still are - the import taxes down here are sky high) supposed to buy Brazilian made stuff.

Galactica was made by some random Brazilian programmer, working with what he had lying around. It's a mystery how they got these 8080 boards down here in the first place, it would have been illegal to import them from the US. Maybe Taito do Brasil imported them in pieces. I know they used to do that with engine parts from GM.

The PCB stack seems to be cobbled together from leftovers from other 8080 games. The boardset is full of wire jumpers and other modifications and it's a wonder that it works at all. Fact is that the code is there in the ROMs to take advantage of the extra hardware when it's present - and I don't believe that they would have imported the parts, or spent the man hours, here in Brazil, as it was at the time, making it play that sound effect, if they were never going to sell it with that aux sound board. It just doesn't make sense.

It seems to me that Galactica was developed to run on the Indian Battle boardset (using the same aux board that plays the three little indians tune) and if that wasn't available, it would run on whatever 8080 hardware that was.

Imagine this scenario - what if Taito Do Brasil was somehow given..or got a great deal on a shitload of Indian Battle or other 8080 boardsets from Taito US or Taito Japan, arriving in a container along with pinball parts..or marked as "trash", because the game was not turning a profit? Maybe they set out to make their own hit game that could run on these surplus boards.

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Translation - 8080 trimpot/variable resistor info! new [Re: Sune]
#273305 - 01/17/12 06:52 AM

Oi Sune, permita-me corrigir uma informação que eu dei errada!

O VR1 é o que gera O SOM DO CANHÃO(A arma de fogo que dá o tiro para derrubar os aviões) extra

O VR5 é que ESTA INOPERANTE(sem som) porem tem uma PARTICULARIDADE interessante quando se aumenta o volume do VR5:Gera um SOM de RUIDO "AMBIENTE", ou seja, esta AMPLIFICANDO ALGUMA COISA, isso quer dizer que esta funcionando o amplificador..

Acredito que seja o TRIMPOT que gera os roncos dos motores!!

O VR4 acredito que DEVE SER UM SOM ESPECIFICO para SPACE INVADERS que seja INUTIL na GALACTICA.

É por isso que o MAME reproduz o som CHATO sem parar..

NO MAME não se pode cortar a ALIMENTAÇÃO dos PINOS! (risos)

Então o layot ficou assim!!

From left to right:

> VR1= Bonus cannon fire sound effect

> VR2= Enemy plane explosion sound

> VR3= Sound of the destruction of the cannon fire by the central base when it is hit (sorry, I suppose I should at least play these games before trying to translate this stuff)

> VR4= One "PIPIPIPIPI" linear. A strange sound. You also hear this sound when playing Galactica in MAME (on the Galactica driver)
I have cut the connection to this pot at a pin of a 74LS11, if I don't cut this the noise becomes really loud. (hope I understood this right)

> VR5= Doesn't do anything - maybe this is supposed to regulate the volume of the Galactica plane diving sound/Indian Battle music

> VR6= "sinister" music in the background

> Vr7= Firing sound

Esta comprovado!

Eu já testei trimpot por trimpot

obrigado

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Translation - corrected 8080 trimpot/variable resistor info! new [Re: mancinii]
#273307 - 01/17/12 07:01 AM

> Oi Sune, permita-me corrigir uma informação que eu dei errada!
>
> O VR1 é o que gera O SOM DO CANHÃO(A arma de fogo que dá o tiro para derrubar os
> aviões) extra

Corrigiu já (canyon=cannon)

VR1 regulates the sound of the cannon

> O VR5 é que ESTA INOPERANTE(sem som) porem tem uma PARTICULARIDADE interessante
> quando se aumenta o volume do VR5:Gera um SOM de RUIDO "AMBIENTE", ou seja, esta
> AMPLIFICANDO ALGUMA COISA, isso quer dizer que esta funcionando o amplificador..

Turning up VR5 causes loud static noise

> Acredito que seja o TRIMPOT que gera os roncos dos motores!!

I believe it's purpose is to regulate the volume of the plane engine sounds (generated by the aux board)

> O VR4 acredito que DEVE SER UM SOM ESPECIFICO para SPACE INVADERS que seja INUTIL na
> GALACTICA.

I believe VR4 is for a sound that is specific to Space Invaders, not used on Galactica

> É por isso que o MAME reproduz o som CHATO sem parar..

And that this is what causes MAME to make a noise...

> NO MAME não se pode cortar a ALIMENTAÇÃO dos PINOS! (risos)

...in MAME I can't cut the power line to it! (laughs)

> Então o layot ficou assim!!

So the layout is as follows:

> From left to right:
>
> > VR1= Bonus cannon fire sound effect
>
> > VR2= Enemy plane explosion sound
>
> > VR3= Sound of the destruction of the cannon by the central base when it is hit
>
> > VR4= One "PIPIPIPIPI" linear. A strange sound. You also hear this sound when
> playing Galactica in MAME (on the Galactica driver)
> I have cut the connection to this pot at a pin of a 74LS11, if I don't cut this the
> noise becomes really loud.
>
> > VR5= Doesn't do anything - maybe this is supposed to regulate the volume of the
> Galactica plane diving sound/Indian Battle music
>
>
> > VR6= "sinister" background music
>
> > VR7= Firing sound
>
>
> Esta comprovado!
>
> Eu já testei trimpot por trimpot
>
> obrigado

My pleasure, you're welcome!

S

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#273308 - 01/17/12 07:02 AM

> Resultado final

Impressionante essa concerta, bem estilo MacGyver!!

Tira o chapel!!

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Translation + personal opinion new [Re: Sune]
#273311 - 01/17/12 07:32 AM

"I know it's not my place but I have to add this;

Crying friends aside, his argument makes total sense to me. During the military dictatorship import of anything was either forbidden or taxed so high that you would just forget about it. That's why we have all these funny old clone products here. Up until the late 80's there were no foreign cars, it was forbidden to import a car, in order to "protect the national economy" you were (and still are - the import taxes down here are sky high) supposed to buy Brazilian made stuff.

Galactica was made by some random Brazilian programmer, working with what he had lying around. It's a mystery how they got these 8080 boards down here in the first place, it would have been illegal to import them from the US. Maybe Taito do Brasil imported them in pieces. I know they used to do that with engine parts from GM.

The PCB stack seems to be cobbled together from leftovers from other 8080 games. The boardset is full of wire jumpers and other modifications and it's a wonder that it works at all. Fact is that the code is there in the ROMs to take advantage of the extra hardware when it's present - and I don't believe that they would have imported the parts, or spent the man hours, here in Brazil, as it was at the time, making it play that sound effect, if they were never going to sell it with that aux sound board. It just doesn't make sense.

It seems to me that Galactica was developed to run on the Indian Battle boardset (using the same aux board that plays the three little indians tune) and if that wasn't available, it would run on whatever 8080 hardware that was.

Imagine this scenario - what if Taito Do Brasil was somehow given..or got a great deal on a shitload of Indian Battle or other 8080 boardsets from Taito US or Taito Japan, arriving in a container along with pinball parts..or marked as "trash", because the game was not turning a profit? Maybe they set out to make their own hit game that could run on these surplus boards."

MARAVILHOSO comentário!!

Retrata fialmente A REALIDADE!!

Sune, tem certeza que você SÓ TEM 6 ANOS de BRAZIL??

Sensacional!!

Olha, eu disse a verdade sobre o meu amigo TER chorado, não quis com isso deixar o topico "PIEGAS" nem tentar OBTER RESPOSTAS usando a tatica do melodrama, acredite, eu EXPRESSEI o que eu sinto e o amigo em questão é o Anderson que, assim como EU e o Augusto, esta na expectativa de OUVIR todos os sons novamente.
Mas agora quem esta chorando sou eu, e não ME ENVERGONHO DISSO...

Ser CRIANÇA naquela epoca era muito dificil e só quem VIVEU e passou pela DITADURA MILITAR sabe o quanto a gente sofria..

Eu devo te dizer que INDEPENDENTE de eu CONSEGUIR ou NÃO este objetivo da emulação MAME/Funcionamento hardware original, QUERO QUE SAIBA QUE VOCÊ GANHOU UM AMIGO a qual poderá contar sempre que precisar de algo.

Muito Obrigado pelas palavras e COLOCAÇÔES em alto nivel expostas aqui.

Abraços e fique com Deus, pois ele sempre coloca algo de bom no NOSSO caminho e pessoas do bem sempre acabam se encontrando.

Até mais

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273313 - 01/17/12 08:53 AM Attachment: Galactica color PCB.JPG 1900 KB (1 downloads)

A Galactica é COLOR!!

Ninguem sabia disso, NAQUELA EPOCA os caras da Taito não tinham MONITORES coloridos para funcionar o jogo!!
Então para ECONOMIZAR e PRINCIPALMENTE para APROVEITAR os monitores B& W existentes eles resolveram que seria B&W mesmo.

Então, eles colocavam os PLASTICOS COLORIDOS

Assistam ao video e vejam qual é a verdadeira COR da GALACTICA com a sua respectiva PROM COLOR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3dupP02LZs

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273314 - 01/17/12 08:57 AM Attachment: GALACTICA E POLARIS.jpg 43 KB (2 downloads)

GABINETE ORIGINAL?

Yes!!

Vejam!!

See!!

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273316 - 01/17/12 09:10 AM Attachment: Marquee Galactica.JPG 1750 KB (1 downloads)

marquee

see!!

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273317 - 01/17/12 09:12 AM Attachment: BG Galactica OFICIAL.JPG 1704 KB (1 downloads)

BG +

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273318 - 01/17/12 09:16 AM Attachment: GABINETE DEFINITIVO-GALACTICAamarela.jpg 58 KB (2 downloads)

Essa é a que eu JOGAVA!!

EU estou REPRODUZINDO UMA COPIA FIEL!!

Estara pronta em 3 meses

SEE!!

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273319 - 01/17/12 09:18 AM Attachment: 018.jpg 184 KB (3 downloads)

Curiosidades TAITO do Brasil..

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273359 - 01/18/12 04:32 AM Attachment: Jumper geral corte de pinos.JPG 1434 KB (2 downloads)

My congratulations and greetings to all

Sune, eu DEIXEI a placa de som funcionando SEM AS MODIFICAÇOES originais e constatei que o SOM SAI do VR5 e tambem do VR4, só que no VR4 o barulho sai COM ou SEM as MODIFICAÇÕES ORIGINAIS, e este som é bem mais baixo e SIMILAR ao PIPIPIPI.

Que estranho, hein?

Estou ANALISANDO onde é QUE caberia uma placa EXTRA nesse hardware e não CONSIGO VER NENHUMA conexão!!

Esse MISTERIO esta me deixando louco(mais do que sou naturalmente, risos)

Esta foto, em anexo MOSTRA TODAS as modificações existentes e DEFINITIVAS, os jumpers eu já DESCOBRI para que serve

O jumper(74153) da direita no canto superior é OBRIGATORIO ter, senão tiver o jogo não starta, não inicia o jogo sem ele.

O Jumper do MEIO nos componentes 74174, são PARA DAR SINCRONISMO no TOM da musica de fundo o ritmo "SINISTRO", sem o jumper a musica sinistra toca SEM PARAR, mesmo estando sem jogar(no modo de demonstração)

O jumper com um resistor de 120k lado direito no 556, eu não SEI PARA QUE SERVE!!

COM ele ou SEM ele, NÃO MUDA ABSOLUTAMENTE NADA, ou seja o jogo funciona sem nenhuma alteração..

EU CHEGUEI A PENSAR que essa era A CHAVE PARA SE OUVIR OS RONCOS DOS AVIÕES!!

MAS ainda não descobri para que serve..

Os cortes nos pinos do 74LS11, 74174 e 74153 (veja seta preta)

Eu acredito que seja para "eliminar" algum som indesejado e ESTE SOM É O PIPIPIPIPI!!

Agora eu não SEI QUAL dos 3 componentes que GERA o barulho PIPIPIPIPI

Forte abraço

Explaining how it was made ​​the changes in PCB

The black arrows

Show the pin "cut" intentional traits

These are all changes made to existing

Compare the video GALACTICA OFFICIAL DRIVER MAME

The "pipipipipipipipi" is emulated in MAME
See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8n_zimHj5g

This video shows the boardset running without changes in hardware

CURIOSITY
The sound PIPIPIPIPI
By Sai TRIMPOT VR5 from left to right

See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js77_vAtQ34

Attachment

Edited by mancinii (01/18/12 07:36 AM)

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#273368 - 01/18/12 08:07 AM

"
Marcello's videos. Check the first video link with pcb and one of the pots being adjusted.....which all the pots need to be documented of what each pot controls. (audio sound pitch, or volume etc.) "

The sounds(pipipipipipi) of POT VR5 is emulated by MAME

The sound of POT VR4 is "mystery"

I always thought the PIPIPIPIPI produced by emulation in the MAME driver Galactica

It was the sound of snoring aircraft "wanting to be played"

The layer of sound has no place to add an additional card

Watch the video here: The audible sounds are well executed, the only sound is not heard the engines of aircraft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxy1BTQ34gI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by mancinii (01/18/12 08:13 AM)

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Translation + personal opinion new [Re: Sune]
#273540 - 01/20/12 03:17 AM Attachment: Provavel placa extra Indian BattleGalactica.JPG 103 KB (0 downloads)

During the military
> dictatorship import of anything was either forbidden or taxed so high that you would
> just forget about it. That's why we have all these funny old clone products here. Up
> until the late 80's there were no foreign cars, it was forbidden to import a car, in
> order to "protect the national economy" you were (and still are - the import taxes
> down here are sky high) supposed to buy Brazilian made stuff.
>
> Galactica was made by some random Brazilian programmer, working with what he had
> lying around. It's a mystery how they got these 8080 boards down here in the first
> place, it would have been illegal to import them from the US. Maybe Taito do Brasil
> imported them in pieces. I know they used to do that with engine parts from GM.
>
> The PCB stack seems to be cobbled together from leftovers from other 8080 games. The
> boardset is full of wire jumpers and other modifications and it's a wonder that it
> works at all. Fact is that the code is there in the ROMs to take advantage of the
> extra hardware when it's present - and I don't believe that they would have imported
> the parts, or spent the man hours, here in Brazil, as it was at the time, making it
> play that sound effect, if they were never going to sell it with that aux sound
> board. It just doesn't make sense.
>
> It seems to me that Galactica was developed to run on the Indian Battle boardset
> (using the same aux board that plays the three little indians tune) and if that
> wasn't available, it would run on whatever 8080 hardware that was.
>
> Imagine this scenario - what if Taito Do Brasil was somehow given..or got a great
> deal on a shitload of Indian Battle or other 8080 boardsets from Taito US or Taito
> Japan, arriving in a container along with pinball parts..or marked as "trash",
> because the game was not turning a profit? Maybe they set out to make their own hit
> game that could run on these surplus boards.
>
> S

Com certeza a Galactica foi DESENVOLVIDA para rodar no Hardware da Indian Battle.

Eu conversei com o SENHOR Que me vendeu as placas originais e o MESMO CONFIRMOU que são IGUAIS e que ADQUIRIA as PARTES em SEPARADO..O conjunto é formado por 3 camadas e a do "MEIO" é valida para TODAS 8080 da epoca!!

Era uma salada SÓ!!

Os custos ADICIONAIS para viabilizar O AUDIO EXTRA éra INVIAVEL, pois o projeto PREVIA a PLACA EXTRA QUE JÁ ESTAVA DISPONIVEL numa MAQUINA QUE NÃO FEZ SUCESSO NENHUM(a Indian Battle)

Para jogar a SPACE INVADERS NÂO ERA NECESSARIO absolutamente nada de COMPONENTES EXTRAS, ela "PURA" jogava-se o jogo COMPLETAMENTE real..

O Sune ACERTOU EM CHEIO!!!

O vendedor das minhas placas(hoje ele tem 65 anos) chegou a ter 34 MAQUINAS GALACTICA, sim, mais do que 30 maquinas!!

E só TEVE, ao longo dos anos, SOMENTE 6(seis) MAQUINAS INDIAN BATTLE!!!

Então está explicado o PORQUE QUE A MINHA PLACA ORIGINAL NÂO TOCA O SOM COMPLETO!!

A placa extra era como se fosse "OURO" e não poderia ESTAR EM TODAS AS MAQUINAS mesmo!!

Explico: A PLACA EXTRA SERVIA PARA UM MONTÃO DE OUTROS JOGOS FUNCIONAREM EM SEUS RESPECTIVOS AUDIOS(Invaders Revangers, serve como exemplo e assim por diante))

Eu transformei 4 conjuntos que ERAM DA SPACE INVADERS PARTll em Galactica.É bem MAIS FACIL e ECONOMICO basta cortar 3 pinos e jumpear outros 3...

Gostaria da AJUDA dos senhores para IDENTIFICAR como seria essa placa extra, EXPONDO ESTAS FOTOS ABAIXO!

O Grandmaster Derrick, o Guru, ou alguem que tenha ESTADO COM O HARDWARE da Indian Battle poderia me CONFIRMAR se são alguma DESTAS IMAGENS??

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Translation + personal opinion new [Re: mancinii]
#273541 - 01/20/12 03:21 AM Attachment: Provavel placa extra Indian Battle.JPG 76 KB (0 downloads)

Outra placa de som extra aqui:

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Translation + personal opinion [Re: mancinii]
#273542 - 01/20/12 03:25 AM Attachment: Exemplo placa extra.JPG 297 KB (1 downloads)

Aqui um exemplo da placa extra em outro jogo 8080

Thanks

Obrigado a tdos

Attachment

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Translation - corrected 8080 trimpot/variable resistor info! [Re: Sune]
#273623 - 01/21/12 12:00 AM

I gotta say, this is a great thread

CptGuapo
Beat'em-ups Lover
Reged: 03/18/08
Loc: Off to Never Never Land
Send PM

#273781 - 01/23/12 12:02 AM

Opa! Precisando de ajuda em tradução eu tô aí também... Grande tópico, mancinii/Marcello!

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Translation + personal opinion [Re: CptGuapo]
#273786 - 01/23/12 01:32 AM

Muito obrigado a todos vocês por ajudarem nessa GRANDE(BIG) RESTAURAÇÃO

saudações a todos

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#273799 - 01/23/12 05:30 AM

I'd like to specially thank Marcello and Sune for this thread. It sure has been fascinating reading. Marcello and his friends sure sound like a great bunch of people, and it is great to see such passion for the old games.

Good luck sorting the problems out. I hope the mystery daughter board or the missing sound trigger turns up soon so you can hear the plane dive sound on your cabs.

BTW, the Galactica cab graphics are incredibly cool !

Moose

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: D's thoughts [Re: Derrick Renaud]
#273808 - 01/23/12 08:05 AM

> I know nothing about the game, so if he is saying the original board has that
> feature, then it is worth looking into.

His original board does not have the extra sound PCB but he and his friend claim that there were Galactica machines in the wild that did play the plane diving sounds.

By a small stretch of the imagination an evidence of this is that one of the boardsets he bought in Brazil that was sold to him as a Galactica had an Indian Battle ROM board - but, if I understand correctly, the other PCBs had the wire jumper mods that makes Galactica run on it. You could guess based on this that Galactica was based on Indian Battle and therefore the 4th sound PCB would be part of the stack..when complete.
If there is some IC or other component on the 4th PCB that was sought after at the time for one reason or the other, it would explain why it is so hard to find here in Brazil. It's not unusual here to desolder and resell used components, especially from imported electronics. In fact, even today some repair services will steal components from imported hardware outright and then tell you it is impossible to repair. This happened to me twice until I learned my lesson, broken equipment was in a worse state when I got it back.

In my humble opinion the aux board should be added as selectable add-on via the driver configuration setting in the TAB menu for the games that have code that make use of it.

Are there schematics for Indian Battle, or any other 8080 game with the aux sound board available? Marcello and his friend want this so badly for their boardsets that he's willing to build one himself from scratch.

S

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: D's thoughts [Re: Sune]
#273863 - 01/23/12 11:14 PM

> Are there schematics for Indian Battle, or any other 8080 game with the aux sound
> board available? Marcello and his friend want this so badly for their boardsets that
> he's willing to build one himself from scratch.
>
> S

Grande Sune, você ENTENDEU TUDO CERTINHO, felizmente!!E eu te AGRADEÇO novamente pelo apoio e ajuda.

Era tudo que eu precisava(os esquemas da Indian Battle), eu PRUCUREI ostensivamente na internet algo sobre o HARDWARE mas é IMPOSSIVEL, ninguem sabe NADA dele.O proprio vendedor que me vendeu a Galactica SE CONFUNDIU ao falar sobre A DIFERENÇA ENTRE ELES(tanto que ele me DEU UMA CAMADA das roms da Indian pensando que era Galactica)

O MAME diz que a Indian tem no SEU hardware o COMPONENTE MB14241(e este só existe na placa de som da Space Invaders Partll e Galactica)

Então temos uma MAIS UMA PROVA que a placa de som é a PVN0004, pois só essa saiu com este componente MB14241

NOTA:Eu, conseguindo essa placa extra VOU TER A Indian Battle FUNCIONANDO COMPLETAMENTE AQUI COMIGO!!

Sim, Eu tenho CAMADAS suficientes para rodar os 4 JOGOS(Space Inavaders partll, Galactica,Indian Battle e Lunar Rescue)

Eu já testei a CAMADA DE ROMS da Indian e funcionou!!

PORÉM SEM O SOM DA MUSICA de fundo, respectiva(1,2,3, Indiozinhos..4,5,6 Indiozinhos..)!!

Então SE EU CONSEGUIR ESSA PLACA EXTRA VOU TER AS DUAS MAQUINAS restauradas!!

Seria um SONHO...

Agora..Se por um acaso eu nunca CONSEGUIR essa placa extra, RESTARÁ A UNICA chance de VE-lA FUNCIONANDO no DRIVER MAME!!

Isso esta PROXIMO de se TORNAR REALIDADE, com a ajuda de Vocês, eu sei que é TRABALHOSO e dificil a submissão destes drivers, MAS TEMOS UM TRUNFO já conquistado: A emulação da Musica da Indian JÁ ESTA FEITA, a dificuldade seria "JUNTAR" ou inserir esta EMULAçÃO AO DRIVER DA GALACTICA OFICIAL

Obrigado a todos, estou muito feliz em conversar com vocês

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#275529 - 02/08/12 08:01 AM Attachment: Relacao roms TAITO DO BRAZIL.txt 5 KB (12 downloads)

Saudações a todos!

Estive testando umas ROMS que estavam DUMPADAS por um ANTIGO tecnico que trabalhou na TAITO DO BRAZIL

Vejam o video e VCS vão VER a SPACE INVADERS PARTll da TAITO DO BRAZIL!!

SIM!!TOTALMENTE EM PORTUGUES!!
Mais uma RELIQUIA RESTAURADA!!!

Será que eu posso fazer parte do MAME TEAM? (risos)

Será que é possivel a submissão desse driver EM PORTUGUES?

Afinal é da TAITO do BRASIL e é ORIGINAL!!!

Obrigado

SEGUE A RELAÇÃO de roms DUMPADAS DA taito do brazil

oBRIGADO A TODOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f-GcDkf7jg&feature=youtu.be

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Translation [Re: mancinii]
#275556 - 02/08/12 07:48 PM

> Saudações a todos!

Greetings everyone!

> Estive testando umas ROMS que estavam DUMPADAS por um ANTIGO tecnico que trabalhou na
> TAITO DO BRAZIL

I've been testing some ROMs that had been dumped by a technician who used to work at Taito Do Brasil.

> Vejam o video e VCS vão VER a SPACE INVADERS PARTll da TAITO DO BRAZIL!!

Check out the video and you'll see Space Invaders Part II from Taito Do Brasil!

> SIM!!TOTALMENTE EM PORTUGUES!!
> Mais uma RELIQUIA RESTAURADA!!!

Yes! Completely in Portuguese, yet another relic restored!

> Será que eu posso fazer parte do MAME TEAM? (risos)

Do you think I could be part of the MAME Team (laughs)

> Será que é possivel a submissão desse driver EM PORTUGUES?

Would it be possible to submit this driver in Portuguese?

> Afinal é da TAITO do BRASIL e é ORIGINAL!!!>

Afterall, it's from Taito Do Brasil and it is original.

> Obrigado

Thank you

> SEGUE A RELAÇÃO de roms DUMPADAS DA taito do brazil

See the attached txt file for a list of Taito Do Brasil ROMs

> oBRIGADO A TODOS

Thanks everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f-GcDkf7jg&feature=youtu.be

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#275971 - 02/13/12 10:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7KAr0Q0olY&feature=youtu.be

Aqui esta A RELIQUIA de NOVO EM AÇÃO!!

O PCB original da Galactica com O JOGO da SPace Invaders part ll em PORTUGUES!!!

Eu estou SURPRESO com esse RESGATE!!

É a MEMORIA da TAITO DO BRASIL que tinha sido extinta

Obrigado a todos

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: D's thoughts [Re: mancinii]
#275973 - 02/13/12 10:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzqaiZqkBdg&feature=youtu.be

BALOON BOMBER!!!

Original, PCB!!

Sim , mais UMNA RESTAURAÇÃO DA TAITO!!!

SAudações

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#276102 - 02/15/12 08:10 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GusjlIxjtng&feature=youtu.be

Ola a todos,
Este video acima MOSTRA a DIFERENÇA entre a VELOCIDADE do jogo no MAME X PCB original

O jogo no MAME esta muito rapido(FAST) e o correto é mais SLOW!!

A galactica até então nunca tinha SIDO VISTA em ação, então é NORMAL os parametros DE EMULAçÃO ESTAREM errados..

Agora que o PCB funciona, podemos AJUSTAR a velocidade?

O que tem que ser feito no DRIVE para DIMINUIR a velocidade do jogo(game)?

Eu JÁ TENTEI JOGAR a GALACTICA numa versão do MAME que possibilitava AJUSTES na VELOCIDADE DO JOGO, mais todas as configurações se mostraram INUTEIS, ou seja, NÃO ACEITA AJUSTE no quisito velocidade..

Explicando: MAME speed GAME=FAST, PCB speed GAME=SLOW

Estava pensando qual seria o grau de DIFICULDADE maior??

Inserir a emulação da MUSICA DE FUNDO SINISTRA DA GALACTICA no driver da INDIAN BATTLE?

Ou inserir os RONCOS dos aviões no DRIVER DA GALACTICA?

- Vantagens em "transformar" o driver da INDIAN BATTLE em GALACTICA: Já tem suporte a cores;os roncos dos aviões estão presentes; os samples dos tiros e explosões estão presentes.FALTA A MUSICA SINISTRA e DIMINUIR a velocidade do jogo para ficar 100% PERFEITA.

-Vantagens em "atualizar" o driver da GALACTICA: Os sons dos tiros e explosões estão lá sem necessidade de samples;a musica sinistra já esta presente.Falta as cores, os roncos dos aviões;diminuir a velocidade do jogo e ELIMINAR o PIPIPIPI insuportavel.

CONCLUSÃO:TRANSFORMAR o driver da indian BATTLE em GALACTICA é o ideal e mais FACIL!!!

Espero poder contar com a ajuda de vcs

SAUDAÇÕES e muito obrigado

Edited by mancinii (02/15/12 08:16 AM)

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#276975 - 02/23/12 05:42 AM Attachment: Restauracao Galactica2.JPG 1499 KB (1 downloads)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdFnTvmw4ZU&feature=youtu.be

Melhorei a RESTAURAÇÃO da CAMADA de som que estava quebrada

Ficou SHOW!!

Melhor do que isso só se o PESSOAL DA TAITO fazer(risos)

Attachment

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#276988 - 02/23/12 06:55 AM Attachment: Record em 23.02.2012.JPG 1857 KB (1 downloads)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCTxwwrFYJ4

Amigos, vocês devem estar achando que sou louco de TANTO QUE EU FALO DESSE JOGO, não é?? (RISOS)

Mas eu tenho a prova do PORQUE eu sou tão "LOUCO" pela Galactica: Quando eu era criança(por volta dos 11 anos) eu ERA O RECORDISTA da MAQUINA nos salões de jogos..

MEU NOME ESTAVA SEMPRE ESCRITO NOS PAINÉIS de RECORD

O meu RECORD estabelecido em 1981 era de 364.000 pontos..

Teve um cara, naquela epoca que fez mais de 400.000 pontos, eu fiquei INCOFORMADO por a MAQUINA TER SIDO RETIRADA DO MERCADO e NUNCA MAIS PUDE JOGAR na GAlactica , pois ela SUMIU e nunca mais "apareceu"..Só pude reve-la agora em 2011..

EU CONSEGUI BATER O RECORD no MAME vejam video acima..Agora estou CONSEGUI BATER O RECORD DE 364.0000 na placa ORIGINAL(vejam foto abaixo)

Eu tive a honra de participar da SUBMISSÂO dela no mame(quem submeteu foi o Augusto garcia)

http://mamedev.org/updates/whatsnew_0141u4.txt

New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
---------------------------------------------------
Ruleta RE-800 (earlier) [Roberto Fresca]
Ruleta RE-800 (v1.0) [Roberto Fresca]
Ruleta RE-800 (v3.0) [Roberto Fresca, Grull Osgo]
Galactica (Marcello Mancini, Silvio Finotti, Augusto Garcia, hap]
Lucky Roulette (6-players, Spanish) [Roberto Fresca, Rob Ragon]
Super Twenty One [Siftware, gregf, hap]
Ruleta RCI (6-players, Spanish) [Roberto Fresca, Rob Ragon]
Winners Circle 82 [Roberto Fresca, Angelo Salese, Rob Ragon]
Winners Circle (81, 28*28 PCB) [Roberto Fresca, Rob Ragon]
Winners Circle (81, 18*22 PCB) [Roberto Fresca, Rob Ragon]

No jogo original:

Assitam mais esse video abaixo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9crOACPbRY&feature=youtu.be

Abs a todos

Attachment

Edited by mancinii (02/24/12 07:18 AM)

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#277781 - 02/29/12 09:22 AM Attachment: Record em 29.02.2012.JPG 2022 KB (1 downloads)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbcIcGqoCSA&feature=youtu.be

Record batido NO JOGO ORIGINAL!!

MAME= 564.000 pontos
Boardset= 541.000 pontos 4 horas de jogo

Meta 1.000.000 de pontos

Attachment

Edited by mancinii (02/29/12 09:25 AM)

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: videos of Galactica - discrete audio and an entry for MAMETesters too [Re: gregf]
#278388 - 03/07/12 07:47 AM

FANTASTIC

GAME of TAITO DO BRASIL

Esta placa é de um AMIGO meu, o Augusto(o mesmo que submeteu o driver da Galactica)

RARIDADE pura!!

Eu tenho as roms dumpadas desta placa!!

Seria MARAVILHOSO se tivessemos esse jogo no MAME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq3QcZomNq0

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: videos of Galactica - discrete audio and an entry for MAMETesters too [Re: mancinii]
#278390 - 03/07/12 09:03 AM

Amazing find there. Can you send me the roms? I'll send you a private message.

Edit: I think it's actually a Taito of Brazil bootleg of Galaga? From pausing the YouTube video. Curious sounds though.

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: videos of Galactica - discrete audio and an entry for MAMETesters too [Re: Smitdogg]
#278391 - 03/07/12 09:09 AM

Yes!!

Can I send the roms!

Please help to put in MAME

thank you

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: videos of Galactica - discrete audio and an entry for MAMETesters too [Re: mancinii]
#278392 - 03/07/12 09:10 AM

Cool I sent you a private message with my email address, you should see a blinking mail icon to the left of Entrance.

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: videos of Galactica - discrete audio and an entry for MAMETesters too [Re: Smitdogg]
#278393 - 03/07/12 09:14 AM

Taito of Brazil bootleg of Galaga?

Yes, Taito of Brazil has always made copies of games

Note: the graphics and movements are similar, but much more difficult gameplay

Sounds are by TAITO OF BRAZIL (exclusive)

mancinii
MAME Fan
Send PM

#278395 - 03/07/12 09:20 AM

Hi, SIR smitd

Thanks for the help

I will be eternally grateful

I have already sent an email with the roms

Pages: 1 | 2 |

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 27789