Pages: 1

MrV2K
Explainer in simple terms.
Reged: 04/23/04
Loc: SE, England
Send PM

New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0
#277732 - 02/29/12 12:52 AM

New Android based MAME4Droid Reloaded is out. This time it's based on v0.134u4 of MAME.

Get it here or on Android marketplace.

Looks like it's based on SDLMame and needs a dual core phone or high end pad to get a decent frame rate.

"I See Dead People!"

easyEmu

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: MrV2K]
#277743 - 02/29/12 02:08 AM

> New Android based MAME4Droid Reloaded is out. This time it's based on v0.134u4 of
> MAME.
>
> Get it here or on Android marketplace.
>
> Looks like it's based on SDLMame and needs a dual core phone or high end pad to get a
> decent frame rate.

Well MAME Team doesn't like it ported over without permission. If they want... they can have it removed from Android marketplace.

Windows version still the best anyway. A lot faster and better support.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: MrV2K]
#277750 - 02/29/12 03:44 AM

> New Android based MAME4Droid Reloaded is out. This time it's based on v0.134u4 of
> MAME.

Code license: GNU GPL v2

WTF?!?

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: Dullaron]
#277753 - 02/29/12 04:24 AM

> Well MAME Team doesn't like it ported over without permission. If they want... they
> can have it removed from Android marketplace.

You must be joking. I've called loudly and publicly for a smartphone port from modern code and here one is. This isn't the usual "4all" shit sandwich, this is real live MAME™ that works with ROMs you actually have and includes things like save states that didn't exist in 0.37-land

And if you don't like the performance, wait about 6 months to when it'll be near-impossible to buy an Android device with less than 2 cores and 1.5 GHz.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: R. Belmont]
#277757 - 02/29/12 05:01 AM

> This isn't the usual "4all" shit sandwich, this is real > live MAME™

Thank God for that.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: B2K24]
#277770 - 02/29/12 06:29 AM

Mmm Mmm! MAME4all shit sandwiches! come and get'em!

Dullaron
Send PM

#277773 - 02/29/12 06:58 AM

> > Well MAME Team doesn't like it ported over without permission. If they want... they
> > can have it removed from Android marketplace.
>
> You must be joking. I've called loudly and publicly for a smartphone port from modern
> code and here one is. This isn't the usual "4all" shit sandwich, this is real live
> MAME™ that works with ROMs you actually have and includes things like save states
> that didn't exist in 0.37-land
>
> And if you don't like the performance, wait about 6 months to when it'll be
> near-impossible to buy an Android device with less than 2 cores and 1.5 GHz.

I like your comment.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Lilwolf
Lurker
Reged: 01/10/04
Send PM

#277786 - 02/29/12 12:53 PM

Agreed on nice to have a good port.

But there are still a place for those shit4all versions. Some run some games pretty well.

I'm not interested in mame on my phone until I have buttons. Why couldn't they make a decent smart phone with a joystick on one side and like 4 button on the other? Heck 95% of what I use my phone for isn't making calls.

This is a shout out to all cheap android knock off makers! Make a decent phone that will play this version of mame... and four buttons around the speaker... and 4 buttons around the mic... (and PLEASE don't skin it)... You will have yourself a customer...

Ad_Enuff
MAME Artwork Project
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: London, UK
Send PM

#277790 - 02/29/12 02:28 PM

> You must be joking. I've called loudly and publicly for a smartphone port from modern
> code and here one is. This isn't the usual "4all" shit sandwich, this is real live
> MAME™ that works with ROMs you actually have and includes things like save states
> that didn't exist in 0.37-land
>
> And if you don't like the performance, wait about 6 months to when it'll be
> near-impossible to buy an Android device with less than 2 cores and 1.5 GHz.

BTW RB, I took your advice and I waited for the TEGRA 3 ASUS Transformer Prime. As Clint Eastwood says in Firefox....."Boy, is this a machine...!"

I just downloaded the new Reloaded version but I need to create a ROM set based on the new version. The funny thing is, the first thing I'll play on it, won't be some fancy new fangled kiddy rom, but more likely Donkey Kong! What's more is that it should support/maybe now or in the future our MAME Artwork Project hires artwork bezels etc.

Now that's worth playing!

Ad

Ad_Enuff
MAME Hi-Res CD & DVD Covers / MAME Artwork Project

My current MAME system PC Specs: AMD Quad CORE 3.60GHz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, ATI RADEON HD 6570 1Gb RAM, DirectX 11 & 9.0c, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: Lilwolf]
#277793 - 02/29/12 03:23 PM

> Agreed on nice to have a good port.
>
> But there are still a place for those shit4all versions. Some run some games pretty
> well.
>
> I'm not interested in mame on my phone until I have buttons. Why couldn't they make a
> decent smart phone with a joystick on one side and like 4 button on the other? Heck
> 95% of what I use my phone for isn't making calls.
>
> This is a shout out to all cheap android knock off makers! Make a decent phone that
> will play this version of mame... and four buttons around the speaker... and 4
> buttons around the mic... (and PLEASE don't skin it)... You will have yourself a
> customer...

Don't hold your breath. In case you haven't noticed the industry is going increasingly button-less over the past several years and that's not a trend that will be reversed anytime soon. You might instead look into external peripherals to do what you're looking for.

israelg
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/31/10
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: Shoegazr]
#277794 - 02/29/12 03:26 PM

You can put pad + buttons on top of the touch screen,

it works very good and it is very cheap on ebay...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: israelg]
#277814 - 02/29/12 06:25 PM

It's going on the Hannspad as I type.

Hope it has CHD support....

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#277815 - 02/29/12 06:36 PM

> BTW RB, I took your advice and I waited for the TEGRA 3 ASUS Transformer Prime. As
> Clint Eastwood says in Firefox....."Boy, is this a machine...!"

Yes, yes it is

> I just downloaded the new Reloaded version but I need to create a ROM set based on
> the new version. The funny thing is, the first thing I'll play on it, won't be some
> fancy new fangled kiddy rom, but more likely Donkey Kong! What's more is that it
> should support/maybe now or in the future our MAME Artwork Project hires artwork
> bezels etc.
>
> Now that's worth playing!

Totally agreed!

s_bastian
Wasting time at work...
Reged: 06/14/04
Send PM

#277827 - 02/29/12 10:29 PM

> Don't hold your breath. In case you haven't noticed the industry is going
> increasingly button-less over the past several years and that's not a trend that will
> be reversed anytime soon. You might instead look into external peripherals to do what
> you're looking for.

Not completely true... there is a whole bunch of handheld gaming machines PSP-alike but android based being sold for cheap. They are at present very low level still they are sold for cheap with a whole bunch of emulators (included mame4all and bundled roms )
And these machines has the full button set needed for proper playing. NOT the machine you will be able to use this mame with....

The first Italian MAME resource at
www.progettoemma.net

Reznnate
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/07/05
Send PM

#277835 - 02/29/12 11:28 PM

> BTW RB, I took your advice and I waited for the TEGRA 3 ASUS Transformer Prime. As
> Clint Eastwood says in Firefox....."Boy, is this a machine...!"
>
> I just downloaded the new Reloaded version but I need to create a ROM set based on
> the new version. The funny thing is, the first thing I'll play on it, won't be some
> fancy new fangled kiddy rom, but more likely Donkey Kong! What's more is that it
> should support/maybe now or in the future our MAME Artwork Project hires artwork
> bezels etc.
>
> Now that's worth playing!
>
> Ad

For those lucky enough to own the Tegra3-based Transformer Prime, it supports various external game controllers: PS3 (use usb cable to pair it), USB XBOX360, Wii mote (use market app to pair it), and Logitech USB controllers,etc.

The experience is quite good. You'll need external controls, games like DOnkey Kong are hard enough without having to deal with onscreen virtual controls!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: Reznnate]
#277892 - 03/01/12 10:00 AM

> For those lucky enough to own the Tegra3-based Transformer Prime, it supports various
> external game controllers: PS3 (use usb cable to pair it), USB XBOX360, Wii mote (use
> market app to pair it), and Logitech USB controllers,etc.

As carrying the transformer prime & controller around is no more convenient than a laptop, surely you mean anyone unlucky enough to only have a transformer prime?

Ad_Enuff
MAME Artwork Project
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: ]
#278346 - 03/06/12 09:15 PM

> As carrying the transformer prime & controller around is no more convenient than a
> laptop, surely you mean anyone unlucky enough to only have a transformer prime?

I currently see myself buying an iCade at some point to play MAME sort of properly. But your right, it's easier to play MAME with a laptop by a huge margin on it's own.

Having said that, the Prime offers great tablet gaming if you play the appropriate games. Riptide GP springs to mind.

Ad_Enuff
MAME Hi-Res CD & DVD Covers / MAME Artwork Project

My current MAME system PC Specs: AMD Quad CORE 3.60GHz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, ATI RADEON HD 6570 1Gb RAM, DirectX 11 & 9.0c, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Reznnate
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/07/05
Send PM

#302525 - 01/14/13 06:26 AM

> > I'm not interested in mame on my phone until I have buttons. Why couldn't they make a
> > decent smart phone with a joystick on one side and like 4 button on the other?
>
> Don't hold your breath. In case you haven't noticed the industry is going
> increasingly button-less over the past several years and that's not a trend that will
> be reversed anytime soon. You might instead look into external peripherals to do what
> you're looking for.

http://shield.nvidia.com/

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: Reznnate]
#302582 - 01/15/13 04:38 AM

> > > I'm not interested in mame on my phone until I have buttons. Why couldn't they
> make a
> > > decent smart phone with a joystick on one side and like 4 button on the other?
> >
> > Don't hold your breath. In case you haven't noticed the industry is going
> > increasingly button-less over the past several years and that's not a trend that
> will
> > be reversed anytime soon. You might instead look into external peripherals to do
> what
> > you're looking for.
>
> http://shield.nvidia.com/

Nice try, but that's not what I meant. Shield would not replace your phone; and since I posted that, phones have continued on their trend to remove buttons (even Android Jelly Bean now gives device manufacturers the option to remove the haptic "buttons" found on the bottom of most phones).

Shield (and its concept) isn't that great anyway. Products that use the phone as an actual screen (while doubling as a standard screenless controller) without relying on streaming at all are far more interesting, at least to me. Products like this but with a more open ecosystem.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#302613 - 01/15/13 06:54 PM

> Shield (and its concept) isn't that great anyway. Products that use the phone as an
> actual screen (while doubling as a standard screenless controller) without relying on
> streaming at all are far more interesting, at least to me. Products like this but
> with a more open ecosystem.

Nvidia must be doing a terrible job explaining this, because you're the third person who thinks Shield is only for streaming. Not true - it's a full-fledged Tegra 4 Android system with full Google approval running stock Jelly Bean 4.2. The Google Play market is there, all Android games and apps will work, you can side-load APKs, the whole nine yards. The only thing "missing" relative to a top-of-the-line Android phone is that it's WiFi-only. Think of it as an iPod Touch with real buttons.

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Send PM

#302647 - 01/16/13 01:44 AM

> > Shield (and its concept) isn't that great anyway. Products that use the phone as an
> > actual screen (while doubling as a standard screenless controller) without relying
> on
> > streaming at all are far more interesting, at least to me. Products like this but
> > with a more open ecosystem.
>
> Nvidia must be doing a terrible job explaining this, because you're the third person
> who thinks Shield is only for streaming. Not true - it's a full-fledged Tegra 4
> Android system with full Google approval running stock Jelly Bean 4.2. The Google
> Play market is there, all Android games and apps will work, you can side-load APKs,
> the whole nine yards. The only thing "missing" relative to a top-of-the-line Android
> phone is that it's WiFi-only. Think of it as an iPod Touch with real buttons.

Well no, I never said Shield is only for streaming (I said "without relying on streaming at all"). Rather, Nvidia's Grid technology should fill that market nicely for them. There seems to be an intersection of the two offerings though, which may become more prominent in the future given that Nvidia maintains exclusive control and ownership of both.

In retrospect I probably downplayed Shield too much though; while it's arguably cooler to use a phone in combination with something more akin to MOGA than buy yet another Android-based device, the fact that Shield uses stock Android is pretty nice - and hey, no worries if you get a phone call right?

clark5901
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/24/13
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: Pi]
#303165 - 01/24/13 12:07 PM

Thanks for the nice information in this post dear...

clark

Ad_Enuff
MAME Artwork Project
Send PM

#303799 - 02/04/13 06:58 PM

> Nvidia must be doing a terrible job explaining this, because you're the third person
> who thinks Shield is only for streaming. Not true - it's a full-fledged Tegra 4
> Android system with full Google approval running stock Jelly Bean 4.2. The Google
> Play market is there, all Android games and apps will work, you can side-load APKs,
> the whole nine yards. The only thing "missing" relative to a top-of-the-line Android
> phone is that it's WiFi-only. Think of it as an iPod Touch with real buttons.

It's a state of the art phone attached to a controller, not sure if anyone would buy it as the new MOGA Controller looks identical for an additional U$50.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#303815 - 02/04/13 11:34 PM

> It's a state of the art phone attached to a controller, not sure if anyone would buy
> it as the new MOGA Controller looks identical for an additional U$50.

Actually, no currently announced or shipping phone has the CPU grunt of Tegra 4, which is very important in a MAME context.

Ad_Enuff
MAME Artwork Project
Send PM

#303817 - 02/04/13 11:47 PM

> Actually, no currently announced or shipping phone has the CPU grunt of Tegra 4,
> which is very important in a MAME context.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the new Tegra 4 chip is far better than the Tegra 3 chipset, but I also read that at the moment it doesn't have LTE, unlike the new Samsung next generation chips which have it on chip already. So if LTE isn't possible, then I assume the Tegra 4 would be more suited to projects like the Shield or Ouya and Android tablets.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#303844 - 02/05/13 05:31 PM

> Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the new Tegra 4 chip is
> far better than the Tegra 3 chipset, but I also read that at the moment it doesn't
> have LTE, unlike the new Samsung next generation chips which have it on chip already.

Not having it on chip != can't have it at all. Quite a few devices use a separate radio chip, including everything Apple makes. And I've seen 50+ Mbps speedtest.net runs on Verizon LTE with my iPad so I don't think it's hurting them ;-)

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

#310544 - 06/19/13 07:14 PM

Hello. The OP created this topic over a year and a half ago. Has there been any newer versions of this emulator since then? If so, link to home page please?

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: Outrun2006]
#310552 - 06/19/13 10:15 PM

> Hello. The OP created this topic over a year and a half ago. Has there been any newer
> versions of this emulator since then? If so, link to home page please?

http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/

MAME4droid Reloaded 1.2.apk < I think this is the last one.

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

#310780 - 06/25/13 03:33 AM

> > Hello. The OP created this topic over a year and a half ago. Has there been any
> newer
> > versions of this emulator since then? If so, link to home page please?
>
> http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/
>
> MAME4droid Reloaded 1.2.apk < I think this is the last one.

Thanks....what do I do with the files? There are no instructions.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: New MAME4Droid Reloaded v1.0 new [Re: Outrun2006]
#310782 - 06/25/13 04:29 AM

> > > Hello. The OP created this topic over a year and a half ago. Has there been any
> > newer
> > > versions of this emulator since then? If so, link to home page please?
> >
> > http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/
> >
> > MAME4droid Reloaded 1.2.apk < I think this is the last one.
>
> Thanks....what do I do with the files? There are no instructions.

Have you tried download it from your Android?

Another way is to have your Android connected to your PC and then drop it into your Android.

Make sure that your Android let you upload it and install it. From the settings checked this. Unknown Sources. This will let you install it. In the Security area.

Checked this. USB from the Dev area. You know when you see this.

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

#310783 - 06/25/13 05:23 AM

> > > > Hello. The OP created this topic over a year and a half ago. Has there been any
> > > newer
> > > > versions of this emulator since then? If so, link to home page please?
> > >
> > > http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/
> > >
> > > MAME4droid Reloaded 1.2.apk < I think this is the last one.
> >
> > Thanks....what do I do with the files? There are no instructions.
>
> Have you tried download it from your Android?
>
> Another way is to have your Android connected to your PC and then drop it into your
> Android.
>
> Make sure that your Android let you upload it and install it. From the settings
> checked this. Unknown Sources. This will let you install it. In the Security area.
>
> Checked this. USB from the Dev area. You know when you see this.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

K I'll give it shot, thanks

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4558