View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

MESS' Forum
#285521 - 05/08/12 08:33 AM

Does MESS or MESSUI have an official forum? I went to "mess.org" and "messui.the-chronicles.org" to look for it's forum but I can't find it. I googled it, but no dice as well. If there is no technically official forum, then what is it's unofficial forum? If mameworld is MESS' unofficial forum, then why isn't their a subforum dedicated exclusively to MESS or MESSUI?

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#285523 - 05/08/12 08:38 AM

http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1 would be it.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: Firehawke]
#285546 - 05/08/12 04:22 PM

> http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1 would
> be it.

And when I input "MESS forum" on Google, that's exactly the first result. You should really stop lying and accept you're just lazy... or maybe not. It takes longer to post a message than using Google. :P

DrArcade
AKA Mr. CAST
Reged: 03/27/12
Loc: Latin America
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: BIOS-D]
#285552 - 05/08/12 05:14 PM

> > http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1
> would
> > be it.
>
> And when I input "MESS forum" on Google, that's exactly the first result. You should
> really stop lying and accept you're just lazy... or maybe not. It takes longer to
> post a message than using Google. :P

Not defending the laziness or lack there of, however, even searching google as you stated, it's not readily obvious that that IS the MESS forum. The title is "MESS - Emuversal Bulletin Board" WTF is Emuversal? Additionally the domain name isn't reassuring to a newb or someone that isn't familiar with them.

Additionally once you visit the site, it still isn't 100% clear you are in the right spot. Take a quick peak at the MESS forums, versus say. BYOAC, EMU, MAMEWORLD, etc. The later all SCREAM what site you are on, the former does not.

Just a random observation.
FWIW, lazy != uncertainty.

Mr. CAST

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: DrArcade]
#285554 - 05/08/12 05:32 PM

That's all fine and good but OSG has been around long enough to see this answered and pointed to a million times. The issue is Assburgers. Just look at the Combined Build thread. Some people think things should be done "their way" and strive to find the most annoying way to push for it.

DrArcade
AKA Mr. CAST
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: Smitdogg]
#285555 - 05/08/12 05:40 PM

> That's all fine and good but OSG has been around long enough to see this answered and
> pointed to a million times. The issue is Assburgers. Just look at the Combined Build
> thread. Some people think things should be done "their way" and strive to find the
> most annoying way to push for it.

LOL, just noticed his join date and occupation "Masters Degree in Psychology & Double Bachelors Degree in Business Management & History"

Damn it, I guess he was

Mr. CAST

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#285559 - 05/08/12 05:51 PM

> Some people think things should be done "their way" and strive to find the

I vote for this as a dev quote. Or mod quote, or whatever you want to call it.

Edited by R. Belmont (05/08/12 06:02 PM)

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: DrArcade]
#285560 - 05/08/12 06:10 PM

> LOL, just noticed his join date and occupation "Masters Degree in Psychology & Double
> Bachelors Degree in Business Management & History"
>
> Damn it, I guess he was
>
> Mr. CAST

Yet he assures he's not presumptuous. AFAIK occupation means "what do you currently do?" not "place your whole curriculum here".

Last one I knew he did that, it was "Musician, Tattoo/Recording Artist, Programmer" working at a tattoo parlor. Such a waste of "talent" for that occupation.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: R. Belmont]
#285563 - 05/08/12 06:28 PM

That is a good one

NLS
Computing Nostalgia Adict
Reged: 10/28/03
Loc: GREECE
Send PM

#285564 - 05/08/12 06:50 PM

> That's all fine and good but OSG has been around long enough to see this answered and
> pointed to a million times. The issue is Assburgers. Just look at the Combined Build
> thread. Some people think things should be done "their way" and strive to find the

Not sure who you are talking about, but I am sure this was uncalled for and even not in the "face" (well virtual face) but in another thread.

Anyway, who am I to judge Smitdogg (right?).

---
NLS

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: NLS]
#285566 - 05/08/12 06:54 PM

> > That's all fine and good but OSG has been around long enough to see this answered
> and
> > pointed to a million times. The issue is Assburgers. Just look at the Combined
> Build
> > thread. Some people think things should be done "their way" and strive to find the
> > most annoying way to push for it.
>
> Not sure who you are talking about, but I am sure this was uncalled for and even not
> in the "face" (well virtual face) but in another thread.

From a quick scan I would say you and LazyCat are the worst offenders in that thread. I've actually had multiple ban requests for LC already.

> Anyway, who am I to judge Smitdogg (right?).

Well from the looks of things your initials should be changed from NLS to HBS (Haywood Butt Sniff).

NLS
Send PM

#285569 - 05/08/12 07:04 PM

> Well from the looks of things your initials should be changed from NLS to HBS (Haywood
> Butt Sniff).

Ah politics again (being between elections in almost bankrupt Greece, you may just start to understand how funny "emulator society politics" seem to me right now).
No I don't know the guy (more than you anyway).

I prefer to keep the nickname I had since the early eighties.
Thanks.

---
NLS

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#285570 - 05/08/12 07:09 PM

Nope sorry you don't get to use the word "politics" to try and stop something. That's like the new Godwin's Law or something. Try again.

NLS
Send PM

#285571 - 05/08/12 07:23 PM

I am not trying. It's an already lost battle.

(when you are in "social networking" before it was even called like that - back in BBS days, I suspect maybe like you, you know when there is no point to fight)

I'll concentrate on things I consider more serious.

---
NLS

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

I agree some on this..... new [Re: DrArcade]
#285598 - 05/08/12 10:34 PM

I've always thought the Bannister forums - layout, thread titles and content - look generally non-user-based. The Main MESS page has always looked retro, and not in an artistic way. I'm not complaining about it, just saying.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

NLS
Send PM

Re: I agree some on this..... new [Re: mogli]
#285611 - 05/08/12 10:59 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if all these were actually part of big mama MAME?

(just saying)

---
NLS

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Send PM

Re: I agree some on this..... new [Re: NLS]
#285613 - 05/08/12 11:07 PM

We just had a whole THREAD of this. Don't spread it beyond that point, please? This is really starting to get out of hand, and I'm really starting to wish I hadn't contributed anything at all to it.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

NLS
Send PM

Re: I agree some on this..... new [Re: Firehawke]
#285628 - 05/08/12 11:54 PM

Oh come on you can't take a joke?

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

Re: I agree some on this..... new [Re: Firehawke]
#285645 - 05/09/12 02:35 AM

Don't let some knucklehead ruin your enjoyment. Just ignore him, he'll go away.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#285652 - 05/09/12 03:47 AM

Quote:

And when I input "MESS forum" on Google, that's exactly the first result. You should really stop lying and accept you're just lazy... or maybe not. It takes longer to post a message than using Google. :P

If you think I'm lying and didn't google it then it is presumptuous of you to assume that and you are wrong. Yes I saw the bannister forum of MESS. But I wanted to know what is the main MESS forum (unofficial official MESS forum.) Ya know how there are many forums at all different website forums that have a section dedicated to MAME or some even have a whole forum website dedicated to MAME... but there is one main website that is the unofficial official MAME forum and that is "MAMEWorld.info". So that is what I was asking. So instead of the Bannister MESS subforum, I thought maybe there was some other website that had a forum that was the main unofficial official MESS forum. It never seems to amaze me how many people wrongly assume things about people on this forum. Instead of accusing me of lying and being lazy, next time maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Quote:

That's all fine and good but OSG has been around long enough to see this answered and pointed to a million times. The issue is Assburgers.

Another wrong assumption. I don't use MESS nor do I read anything pertaining to it. I decided yesterday that maybe I should look into it alil bit or atleast book mark it's website so in the future if I ever get interested in it. I also rarely read threads that is not of my interest or if I can't help the poster. Most of my posts are in threads that I've started because I had a question or wanted peoples' input and opinions. My subscribed threads (threads that I've posted in) are the majority of threads that I read. I've never read a post in which it said where the MESS forum was. The only person who knows if I ever read that is me. So I'm telling you that I never read that. I have no reason to lie because I don't care enough to want or feel the need to lie. If you don't believe me, then I could care less.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

Now I promote you to just really lazy new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#285716 - 05/09/12 05:33 PM Attachment: MESS.png 137 KB (0 downloads)

> Does MESS or MESSUI have an official forum? I went to "mess.org" and
> "messui.the-chronicles.org" to look for it's forum but I can't find it. I googled it,
> but no dice as well. If there is no technically official forum, then what is it's
> unofficial forum? If mameworld is MESS' unofficial forum, then why isn't their a
> subforum dedicated exclusively to MESS or MESSUI?

...also a big liar. No offense but a good researcher, specially in Psychology and History, needs to read once in a while.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Now I promote you to just really lazy new [Re: BIOS-D]
#285764 - 05/09/12 11:50 PM

Quote:

...also a big liar. No offense but a good researcher, specially in Psychology and History, needs to read once in a while

Well obviously I didn't see. I didn't see that because I was looking on the side and top of the web page where all the links usually are. Links to forums and other stuff are normally on the top or side of web pages. So because I didn't read the body of the web page, I didn't see it in the mix of a paragraph that's in the body of the web page. If I didn't see it, I didn't see it. Don't tell me what I saw or didn't see. So you don't know what you are talking about by calling somebody a liar.

And "no offense" but it seems like a very jealous statement of you bringing up by degrees, especially since I've never mentioned them at all in any post I've ever typed. The only place I've ever mentioned them is in my profile and that's because at the time of joining the website, I was still a student and also since it's a way to share alil something about myself of what I'm interested in... just like all the hobbies I listed that I like to do.

Unfortunately, some people on this forum just have a poor and negative point of view towards others. And they assume the worst in people. I always use the words "please" when asking a question and usually always say "thank you" when a person takes the time to answer a question. But apparently it doesn't pay to be nice and show respect to some people on this forum. I just really feel sad for those people that have that kind of negative outlook towards others.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Now I promote you to just really lazy new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#285782 - 05/10/12 01:22 AM

> Well obviously I didn't see. I didn't see that because I was looking on the side and
> top of the web page where all the links usually are. Links to forums and other stuff
> are normally on the top or side of web pages.

So you're too fucking lazy to actually read the front page of mess.org and you come here asking to be spoon-fed. WTF? Not everyone lays things out according to your expectations. It's not that hard to read one web page.

> So because I didn't read the body of
> the web page, I didn't see it in the mix of a paragraph that's in the body of the web
> page. If I didn't see it, I didn't see it. Don't tell me what I saw or didn't see. So
> you don't know what you are talking about by calling somebody a liar.

So the only reason you didn't see it is because you're too fucking lazy to read, and you're too proud to actually own up to it. You're a waste of space on this forum, and I hope you get banned if you show up at emuverse to crap that forum up as well.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Now I promote you to just really lazy new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#285786 - 05/10/12 01:39 AM

Quote:

So you're too fucking lazy to actually read the front page of mess.org and you come here asking to be spoon-fed. WTF? Not everyone lays things out according to your expectations. It's not that hard to read one web page.

If I didn't see it, I didn't see it. No, I'm not going to read through every single page considering how is one supposed to know it's on the first page. And asking a simple question of what's the forum website is asking to be spoon-fed?... B-A-N-N-I-S-T-E-R.org. Ouchh, that hurt to type. You over dramatic joke.

Quote:

So the only reason you didn't see it is because you're too fucking lazy to read, and you're too proud to actually own up to it. You're a waste of space on this forum, and I hope you get banned if you show up at emuverse to crap that forum up as well.

You hope I show up at Emuverse? What is this your pathetic way of hoping I join so you can get me banned there? Is that your plan "mate"?... huh mate?...haha you loser. Your beneath me, figuratively and literally..haha.

I'm done reading and responding to this thread.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#285791 - 05/10/12 01:44 AM

Sorry you had to go through that just because you missed a link. I really don't know what to say or think.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Now I promote you to just really lazy new [Re: Antny]
#285793 - 05/10/12 01:52 AM

Quote:

Sorry you had to go through that just because you missed a link. I really don't know what to say or think.

Thanks. It's okay though. I don't let it bother me. Some people are unfortunately like that. That's why I'm not going to continue to read or respond to this thread. I appreciate your comment though

Bryan Ischo
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/28/10
Send PM

#285795 - 05/10/12 02:12 AM

Don't let these asshats bring you down.

B2K24
Send PM

Re: Now I promote you to just really lazy new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#285819 - 05/10/12 04:39 AM

Don't be too hard on him as he's unsure of how to upgrade his IE6 on his ancient rig

LazyCat
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/26/12
Send PM

#285842 - 05/10/12 11:10 AM

>> From a quick scan I would say you and LazyCat are the worst offenders in that thread. I've actually had multiple ban requests for LC already.
<<

I too noticed people got upset about me just expressing my opinion, which is a mystery to me since I do not see how can that possibly offend anyone. If you had requests to ban me, you should have come there and tell me what is it I am doing wrong, but now the thread got closed, for some reason, people are still complaining about me and I have no slightest clue what in the world did I do to anyone.

It seems to me old time members get upset just by new members disagreeing with them, but if you would tell me what were the complaints about perhaps I'd realize my mistakes and change for better, eh?

Same with NLS, I disagree with him like most other people, but his opinion does not offend me, why would it, it's he who is wrong not me (joke), and I enjoyed exchanging opinions with him, that's what actually made him less boring to talk to. There is no real point in discussion if everyone agrees, every discussion should be argument, which is not a bad thing as there is simply no other way to find a common truth but by challenging each others opinion until the logic of one side fails and so the truth is exposed. You can hardly ever challenge your own believes, so in order to learn we should embrace the differences and consider everyone's opinion.

In any case banning seem unnecessarily extreme, just deleting inappropriate posts and providing explanation should be sufficient to teach the offenders to change their ways, since no one would go on writing something just to be deleted again.

NLS
Send PM

Re: Now I promote you to just really lazy new [Re: Antny]
#285844 - 05/10/12 11:35 AM

> Sorry you had to go through that just because you missed a link. I really don't know
> what to say or think.

I agree. I am not sure why the thread became like that because someone COMMITTED THE CRIME to miss a link and instead MADE THE LETHAL MISTAKE to ask the forum.

I think some people need more sex in their lives.

NLS
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: LazyCat]
#285845 - 05/10/12 11:39 AM

> Same with NLS, I disagree with him like most other people, but his opinion does not offend
> me, why would it, it's he who is wrong not me (joke), and I enjoyed exchanging opinions
> with him, that's what actually made him less boring to talk to. There is no real point in
> discussion if everyone agrees, every discussion should be argument, which is not a bad
> thing as there is simply no other way to find a common truth but by challenging each
> others opinion until the logic of one side fails and so the truth is exposed. You can
> hardly ever challenge your own believes, so in order to learn we should embrace the
> differences and consider everyone's opinion.

Erm what? Again hidden statistics come to play.
Anyway I agree with lazycat on this (and only on this probably ), a forum is A PLACE FOR DISCUSSION. Some people are very tense. We don't know your personal problems and you don't know ours. We are just here to discuss things around the name of the forum; EMUCHAT. Duh.

Ah and no, when you talk to me you are usually wrong and I am always right. :P

LazyCat
MAME Fan
Send PM

#285846 - 05/10/12 12:01 PM

NLS, it's because we are both from Europe, it's the mentality that makes us direct, open and unapologetic about having our own opinions. We like to tease and provoke each other, that's what friends do, it's like hitting someone in their shoulder just to say "hello", but we still drink beer together and sleep with each other wives, it's all good!

I think "my problem" with this forum could also be that I joke a lot, but I always try to make it not obvious and try to sound serious through the rest of my post. I believe that element of surprise and my general seriousness makes my humor funnier, to me at least, but possibly could be easily misunderstood by others.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#285847 - 05/10/12 02:13 PM

It's mostly a matter of nobody seems to like you and nobody thinks you are capable of seeing an error in your ways. You annoy (the shit) out of people and have been banned a million times from a million forums with a million usernames (abracadabra etc.). The first ban requests were prebans based on what you did in the past and that it seems you are now "off your meds again". Don't tell me "what I should have done". I'll do whatever I want and don't owe you anything and don't care what you think. I have better things to do than mod your long-winded posts. Your annoying horse shit rants about ripping features people love out of the source to suit your stupid app is quite frankly the shit-sorriest thing I've seen on this forum in a long time.

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

#285848 - 05/10/12 02:27 PM

For christ sake why do people insist on blaming AspSyn. Does anyone have proof OSG has it or whether it's the real reason. Seriously can people be even just slightly mature?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: Naoki]
#285849 - 05/10/12 02:43 PM

Oh I wasn't blaming Assburgers literally. It has become the poster boy for all social retardness, like it or not as an official Assburg. And you'll find no maturity from me. Don't expect it. I find it highly overrated, especially for a gaming site on the internet.

Naoki
Send PM

#285852 - 05/10/12 02:59 PM

> Oh I wasn't blaming Assburgers literally. It has become the poster boy for all social
> retardness, like it or not as an official Assburg. And you'll find no maturity from
> me. Don't expect it. I find it highly overrated, especially for a gaming site on the
> internet.

heh, ignorance is all i have to say for that. even the fact people can't be assed to use the proper name insults me.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

#285855 - 05/10/12 03:09 PM

> heh, ignorance is all i have to say for that. even the fact people can't be assed to
> use the proper name insults me.

I think that was actually a Loony Bin reference.

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Number=282618

Naoki
Send PM

#285857 - 05/10/12 03:16 PM

I've heard other people call it that. I knew one aspy who used the assburger term but hell, just because she used it doesn't mean that all will use or even like the term, a concept she didn't get.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#285859 - 05/10/12 03:26 PM

Caunt be ausburged to care.

LazyCat
MAME Fan
Send PM

#285861 - 05/10/12 03:41 PM

>> And you'll find no maturity from me. Don't expect it.
<<

I do enjoy when you make fun of yourself. Anyhow, now that you have released me, I'd like to share something with you that everyone knows about except seems MAME developers... there is "Jrioni Arcade" on Android Market, 3217 downloads, only $4.85 !!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrioni.jarcade&feature=search_result

Silly human person, what ya gonna do?

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: Now I promote you to just really lazy new [Re: NLS]
#285862 - 05/10/12 04:27 PM

I was thinking the firing squad for OSG. His crimes can not go unpunished.

Bryan Ischo
MAME Fan
Send PM

#285872 - 05/10/12 07:45 PM

I like LazyCat.

It's you that I personally have a problem with.

Just an opinion. Are you going to ban me?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: Bryan Ischo]
#285873 - 05/10/12 09:10 PM

> I like LazyCat.
>
> It's you that I personally have a problem with.

Yeah, mutual. Personality clash.

> Just an opinion. Are you going to ban me?

If you keep trying to push my buttons I will, yeah. I'm not sure what you are on about though, or rather, you're not. Because I haven't banned anyone in a very long time (I think over a year now). So if someone has been banned then you are barking up the wrong tree.

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Send PM

#285874 - 05/10/12 09:16 PM

Look, all due respect, but that's completely uncalled-for.

Common sense, you don't pick fights with moderators. Calm down and be reasonable.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

#285876 - 05/10/12 09:25 PM

> Look, all due respect, but that's completely uncalled-for.
>
> Common sense, you don't pick fights with moderators. Calm down and be reasonable.

I agree,also

NLS
Send PM

#285881 - 05/10/12 10:31 PM

> Look, all due respect, but that's completely uncalled-for.
> Common sense, you don't pick fights with moderators. Calm down and be reasonable.

Many people find hard to swallow, not authority, but rather DISPLAY of authority.
You know, like speaking to someone like dirt, "because you can" etc.

I am actually with those people, esp. since I've been on both sides (sysop in the old days, mod and admin in various fora, but also black sheep and banned from other).

Speaking about bans, if a forum has too many bans, it's the admin that has to be banned usually. Just saying. Good that Smitdogg has more than a year to exercise this power.

Real authority doesn't have to be displayed. It's there and you feel it.

I am not taking place in this quarrel though, just give my .5 euro (while we Greeks still have those :P).

Naoki
Send PM

#285882 - 05/10/12 10:59 PM

I feel the same with what you just said.

Bryan Ischo
MAME Fan
Send PM

#285892 - 05/10/12 11:21 PM

> > I like LazyCat.
> >
> > It's you that I personally have a problem with.
>
> Yeah, mutual. Personality clash.
>
> > Just an opinion. Are you going to ban me?
>
> If you keep trying to push my buttons I will, yeah. I'm not sure what you are on
> about though, or rather, you're not. Because I haven't banned anyone in a very long
> time (I think over a year now). So if someone has been banned then you are barking up
> the wrong tree.

I'm not trying to push your buttons anymore than you are trying to push anyone else's. You'll note that I didn't use threats, personal insults, or vulgarity. But I guess some people consider threats, personal insults, and vulgarity to be reasonable in a post, but personal opinions about MAME code or project stucture to be potentially bannable offenses.

In terms of the comment about banning, with the threats of bans for people making posts that others don't like, I just wanted to know if the expression of my opinion falls into the potentially bannable category.

Anyway, I hate how these threads always degenerate into shit slinging and I am embarrassed to be participating. I'll stop now.

Edited by Bryan Ischo (05/10/12 11:23 PM)

Bryan Ischo
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: mesk]
#285893 - 05/10/12 11:22 PM

> > Look, all due respect, but that's completely uncalled-for.
> >
> > Common sense, you don't pick fights with moderators. Calm down and be reasonable.
>
>
> I agree,also

It's common sense only if you care more about being banned than expressing your opinion. And I don't.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#285896 - 05/10/12 11:34 PM

> > > I like LazyCat.
> > >
> > > It's you that I personally have a problem with.
> >
> > Yeah, mutual. Personality clash.
> >
> > > Just an opinion. Are you going to ban me?
> >
> > If you keep trying to push my buttons I will, yeah. I'm not sure what you are on
> > about though, or rather, you're not. Because I haven't banned anyone in a very long
> > time (I think over a year now). So if someone has been banned then you are barking
> up
> > the wrong tree.
>
> I'm not trying to push your buttons anymore than you are trying to push anyone
> else's. You'll note that I didn't use threats, personal insults, or vulgarity. But I
> guess some people consider threats, personal insults, and vulgarity to be reasonable
> in a post, but personal opinions about MAME code or project stucture to be
> potentially bannable offenses.
>
> In terms of the comment about banning, with the threats of bans for people making
> posts that others don't like, I just wanted to know if the expression of my opinion
> falls into the potentially bannable category.
>
> Anyway, I hate how these threads always degenerate into shit slinging and I am
> embarrassed to be participating. I'll stop now.

The only one I'm looking at banning has it coming and they certainly know who they are too. Since no one else is going to pull the trigger, looks like it is my gambit.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#285897 - 05/10/12 11:35 PM

Well LazyCat has been banned on lots of forums including this one under different names before. I don't know why he should even get another chance just for signing up a different user name, probably under a proxy or something, but he did. I'm actually the most lax mod of any forum I visit. I basically never ban anyone and I think some of you guys must be on crack if you think I overmod.

I think people deserve what I give them, vulgarity and all. If I get piles of ban requests for someone I'm not going to ignore them forever. It's not a threat but you can call it that I guess.

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Send PM

#285898 - 05/11/12 12:09 AM

Look, it's about being civil to others. Consider very carefully that you're hurting the experience of other people when you pick a fight here. If you really don't care about that, then my estimation of you is wrong-- but I don't think you're that kind of person.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#285907 - 05/11/12 02:27 AM

Can you make me a mod? I would start by banning 3 fucktards. I won't say who they are, but they probably know who they are.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: redk9258]
#285908 - 05/11/12 02:28 AM

I don't see why not.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#285909 - 05/11/12 02:45 AM

In the spirit of the immortal Twisty:

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

#285910 - 05/11/12 02:50 AM

> Look, it's about being civil to others. Consider very carefully that you're hurting
> the experience of other people when you pick a fight here. If you really don't care
> about that, then my estimation of you is wrong-- but I don't think you're that kind
> of person.

Also, most of us don't pick fights or made huge deals from minor things without a reason. OldSchoolGamer for instance is a person who can't differ between a DISCUSSION forum and Yahoo Answers. He floods the forum with questions and when the answer is not of his taste, he rejects them impolitely. We have been teaching this professional the basics ("how to fish instead of give them only one"), yet he ignores them because it's not what he directly looks for. He has been picking fights with moderators (Mr. Do for example) and those moved-to-Loony-Bin threads have been deleted already (I counted 2 long threads, not sure if there were more).

But don't believe me, search this user messages and look for it yourself. He won't do anything for himself unless someone else in the forums does it first. He also claims he has done many things before posting, yet we prove him otherwise. Finally, when he has no more arguments, he changes to autistic bot mode and starts repeating how superior he is (and how a garbage you are) over and over again.

I'm not a moderator but I think some people here are a bit unfair with them, not mentioning they are siding with the wrong person.

B2K24
Send PM

#285911 - 05/11/12 02:57 AM

> I won't say who they are

That is no fun

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: B2K24]
#285917 - 05/11/12 04:13 AM

> > I won't say who they are
>
> That is no fun

It ain't you!

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Send PM

#285934 - 05/11/12 05:43 AM

Congrats on your promotion!

torino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/11/12
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: Tafoid]
#285938 - 05/11/12 06:08 AM

Deleted

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: torino]
#285945 - 05/11/12 07:49 AM

> My email is kgemsak@hotmail.com and I suck dick for a living.

At least you're still employed. This latest recession has been really tough.

RungeKutta
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/11/12
Send PM

#285972 - 05/11/12 03:41 PM

Deleted

DrArcade
AKA Mr. CAST
Send PM

#285990 - 05/11/12 07:10 PM

> Can you make me a mod? I would start by banning 3 fucktards. I won't say who they
> are, but they probably know who they are.

LOL, congrats on the promotion.

Hpefully you have a nice comfy grip on your ban hammer.

Mr. CAST

korax1214
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/12/12
Send PM

#286019 - 05/12/12 12:54 AM

I'm a loser.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: MESS' Forum new [Re: korax1214]
#286023 - 05/12/12 01:50 AM

> I'm a loser.

Yes you are.And you prove it by making 3 different accounts to troll this forum because you have no life.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5969