View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Trnzaddict
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/24/10
Send PM

Regarding global vrs install discs....
#292208 - 07/19/12 05:41 PM

Ok, this is a serious shout into the dark but I'm quite curious. I was not aware that global vr's hardware was just a PC running XP, much like Taito Type X. Games look like they come as install discs like regular PC games according to their website.

They have Aliens Extermination for 34.00 dollars, I don't know if anyone here has played it, but is one of the best Alien games.

Is it possible to run these games on a home PC?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Regarding global vrs install discs.... new [Re: Trnzaddict]
#292219 - 07/19/12 09:05 PM

> Is it possible to run these games on a home PC?

Not legally and not as-is. They have protection and some sort of custom controls. It's likely possible someone could hack them to run on a home PC, but to my knowledge it hasn't been done for those games.

uVSthem
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/06/11
Send PM

Re: Regarding global vrs install discs.... new [Re: R. Belmont]
#292224 - 07/19/12 10:21 PM

The Taito Type X has been hacked to run on a normal Windows setup so it's only a matter of time before someone hacks the Global VR games to do the same.

Trnzaddict
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/24/10
Send PM

Re: Regarding global vrs install discs.... new [Re: uVSthem]
#292239 - 07/20/12 02:12 AM

Thanks for the answers guys. Honestly I was about to look into ordering the install disc (for 34.00 not bad) just to see what it could do but yea I forgot about protection and the pcb board for the guns. Even if I tried running the executable I would probably get errors up the yin yang.

Whoever hacked Type X should take a stab at this it can't be too complicated.

They want $ 10,000.00 for the Aliens cab. There smoking crack.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#292244 - 07/20/12 02:46 AM

Assuming you could get past the protection, would it be easier to emulating a PC game as apposed to dedicated hardware? I'm not necessarily talking about this game, just any Windows based one.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: Regarding global vrs install discs.... new [Re: uVSthem]
#292246 - 07/20/12 03:02 AM

> The Taito Type X has been hacked to run on a normal Windows setup so it's only a
> matter of time before someone hacks the Global VR games to do the same.

Type X games are far more kiddie-popular than these games. And that counts for a lot in terms of what gets hacked.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: Regarding global vrs install discs.... new [Re: Antny]
#292247 - 07/20/12 03:04 AM

> Assuming you could get past the protection, would it be easier to emulating a PC game
> as apposed to dedicated hardware? I'm not necessarily talking about this game, just
> any Windows based one.

No. Microsoft, VMWare, and Red Hat each have staffs of hundreds of programmers trying to solve this problem (PC emulation on PC) efficiently. MAMEdev does not.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#292519 - 07/24/12 01:18 AM

> > Is it possible to run these games on a home PC?
>
> Not legally and not as-is. They have protection and some sort of custom controls.
> It's likely possible someone could hack them to run on a home PC, but to my knowledge
> it hasn't been done for those games.

You need a mainboard with i810 chipset. I would start scouting the Compaq and Dells of this world to find a suitable replacement. Good luck finding a compatible hard drive. I don't know if DF is available for contact, but he could shed some light on how to get the install discs working on the i810 board.

I don't know what social circles he is frequenting but he might need a pen pal to pass the time.

I'll get flamed for typing DF now...in T minus 5..4..3.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Regarding global vrs install discs.... new [Re: ]
#292520 - 07/24/12 01:44 AM

You're sort of like the dookie string of an uncleaned shrimp. Completely unlikable and repulsive and why anyone would put up with you can't rationally be explained yet a lot of people just swallow and move on like nothing happened. Like they didn't just swallow actual shit.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Regarding global vrs install discs.... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#292521 - 07/24/12 01:55 AM

Quote:

You're sort of like the dookie string of an uncleaned shrimp. Completely unlikable and repulsive and why anyone would put up with you can't rationally be explained yet a lot of people just swallow and move on like nothing happened. Like they didn't just swallow actual shit.

That would mean that my posts leave you with a gritty after taste. I wouldn't brag about it too much if I was you as you don't want your name to change to ShrimpPooDogg.

Actually it is a Chinese delicacy the Shrimp vein is then collected to make a soup flavouring.

When you look at it in that light its nice to know you are complementing a dish for shrimpy shit eaters.

Seriously I expected your average photo shopped representation. But I guess you are busy.

Hey while I was waiting for my project to compile, I had a look at Kung pao shrimp pie and those crazy Chinese keep the poop chutes intact.

Yummy!

Edited by Bizimonki (07/24/12 12:56 PM)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#292522 - 07/24/12 02:00 AM

Exactly, you also remind me of this Chinese delicacy as well (your smell).

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Regarding global vrs install discs.... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#292525 - 07/24/12 02:14 AM

Well I can start to see a connection with shit, piss and Global VR.

Is this some cryptic clue that we should be looking for Foxconn mainboards instead of Dells?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#292526 - 07/24/12 02:27 AM

> Is this some cryptic clue that we should be looking for Foxconn mainboards instead of
> Dells?

Foxconn makes most of Dell's mainboards.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#292535 - 07/24/12 01:04 PM

> > Is this some cryptic clue that we should be looking for Foxconn mainboards instead
> of
> > Dells?
>
> Foxconn makes most of Dell's mainboards.

That is like telling me that water is wet.

It was supposed to be a joke. If you used any Dell i810 mainboards then you would know how shit they are.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5328