MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

fossil
Dazed 'n' Confused
Reged: 06/06/06
Send PM

2 New Universal Cab Models at 3DArcade!
#295135 - 09/05/12 10:27 PM

2 new cab models available for 3DArcade - Cosmic Avenger and Mr. Do! More Universal cabs to follow, but get these two now at http://www.mameworld.info/3darcade/

jibmums
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/24/09
Send PM

Re: 2 New Universal Cab Models at 3DArcade! new [Re: fossil]
#295169 - 09/06/12 03:02 PM

And the chorus of crickets is deafening. Well, I'll say it - great job.

C'mon guys, a lot of research and work goes into these things. A simple "nice work" wouldn't kill you, even if you don't use the 3dArcade frontend.

remax
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/12
Send PM

Re: 2 New Universal Cab Models at 3DArcade! new [Re: jibmums]
#295180 - 09/06/12 09:28 PM

I'd rather say : Very nice work!

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#295181 - 09/06/12 09:30 PM

> And the chorus of crickets is deafening. Well, I'll say it - great job.
>
> C'mon guys, a lot of research and work goes into these things. A simple "nice work"
> wouldn't kill you, even if you don't use the 3dArcade frontend.

I think they look fantastic. I just didn't see the post originally

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#295188 - 09/06/12 11:36 PM

The look great. I'm waiting for the '3D arcade for dummies' book to come out to see them in action. I'll never understand the config files, way too many forward slashes for me. I've tried and tried

Honestly the cabs always look great

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

#295193 - 09/07/12 02:59 AM

Your right. I think some should be more appreciative towards the wonderful work that is done on these cabs. Well let me tell you how I feel. Almost every day I always look for updates on the 3d Arcade website. When I do see a new or updated cab it's like Christmas because I always get excited to put it in the new arcade. To me it's like receiving a new toy from a friend. I wish this UI was on Android or Ipads.I wish I could thank the developers myself but I can't seem to sign in. Well If any developers read this post I'm your biggest fan an I will always look foward to your continued work. Thank you for all your hard work.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

fossil
Dazed 'n' Confused
Send PM

Re: 2 New Universal Cab Models at 3DArcade! new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#295201 - 09/07/12 04:49 AM

> Your right. I think some should be more appreciative towards the wonderful work that
> is done on these cabs. Well let me tell you how I feel. Almost every day I always
> look for updates on the 3d Arcade website. When I do see a new or updated cab it's
> like Christmas because I always get excited to put it in the new arcade. To me it's
> like receiving a new toy from a friend. I wish this UI was on Android or Ipads.I wish
> I could thank the developers myself but I can't seem to sign in. Well If any
> developers read this post I'm your biggest fan an I will always look foward to your
> continued work. Thank you for all your hard work.

Recently (within the last 2 weeks) the registration rules were altered over at the 3DArcade forum, and you shouldn't have any trouble signing in over there as of now.

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

Re: 2 New Universal Cab Models at 3DArcade! new [Re: Antny]
#295209 - 09/07/12 06:44 AM

> The look great. I'm waiting for the '3D arcade for dummies' book to come out to see
> them in action. I'll never understand the config files, way too many forward slashes
> for me. I've tried and tried

Admittedly, 3D Arcade is the most difficult package I've ever learned, mainly due to Windows 7 issues and workarounds. But I wouldn't have spent that kind of time on it if it wasn't worth it. The more flexibility and customizability a package has, the more complex and complicated it gets. I think of it as a dollhouse for grown men, and it's quite a showpiece when people come over to visit.

The new cabs rock!

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

btribble
unMAMEd guy
Reged: 11/19/04
Send PM

Re: 2 New Universal Cab Models at 3DArcade! new [Re: Nightvoice]
#295221 - 09/07/12 09:36 AM

Mr. Do's Castle has also been added. As it's similar to Mr. Do, I'm adding it as a response here. Nice work as usual Fossil!

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: 2 New Universal Cab Models at 3DArcade! new [Re: Nightvoice]
#295240 - 09/07/12 05:44 PM

Yeah, when I run the demos I think it is as cool as can be. I'm building a cab, when it's finished I will tinker with it some more. I did not know there was an issue with Windows 7. Is it hard to work around?

fossil
Dazed 'n' Confused
Send PM

Re: 2 New Universal Cab Models at 3DArcade! new [Re: Antny]
#295241 - 09/07/12 06:00 PM

No issue with Windows 7, as far as I'm aware. The usual recommendations apply - Run as Administrator, update all video drivers, that sort of thing. Plenty of people use it on Win7, including myself, quite successfully.

jibmums
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/24/09
Send PM

Re: 2 New Universal Cab Models at 3DArcade! new [Re: fossil]
#295246 - 09/07/12 07:30 PM

I'm also running 3dArcade with Windows 7, and have never had a problem. In fact, I think 3dArcade is the only program I use that doesn't have issues with Windows 7.

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

#295278 - 09/08/12 06:43 AM

The biggest problem I ran into was that my MoveCabs mode will not save in Windows 7 (at least mine) no matter what. So manually entering coordinates for a 350-machine arcade was, to say the least, tedious. And I had to do a separate installation just for the Exhibition arcade because if the texture file for it appears anywhere in the install directory, every other arcade crashes. But rather than digress into a help forum, I'll simply say that whatever difficulties you find are worth working out for the end result with this package.

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2575