Pages: 1

greatbigjay
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/17/12
Send PM

newbie cabinet build
#297660 - 10/17/12 09:44 PM

Hi all,

i have a little experience with building a basic cabinet, but wanted an opinion or two for my new one. I want to build a four player set up with 7 buttons each, as well as 2 of the aim trak guns. I will be playing on a 42" (or possible bigger) lcd tv. i will also be adding rotary controllers at some point. so to my question... whould i use the arcade vid card available, or is any hd vid card good enough(considering i am not using a arcade monitor) as well, should i be using a I-Pac or U-Hid or combonation of both.
Thanks in advance!

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: newbie cabinet build new [Re: greatbigjay]
#297721 - 10/19/12 05:18 AM

>I will be playing on a 42" (or possible bigger) lcd tv. i will also be adding rotary controllers at some point. so to my question... whould i use the arcade vid card available

You don't need an arcade vid card... you're using an LCD TV, should just take a standard computer to monitor vga cord.

>should i be using a I-Pac or U-Hid or combonation of both.

The U-Hid is the way to go, and would supersede the need for a n I-pac... if I were to build another cab, I would go U-Hid. I commend you on knowing about the U-Hid... clearly you've done your research!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2182