MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Generous offer from GURU (Wyvern F0 will be dumped ?!)
#303585 - 02/01/13 04:41 AM

I'm willing to take a loss to help the emulation community so I'd even be happy with half the amount. Here's an idea..... if I receive donations directly and specifically for this game to a total of at least $3000 I'll dump it immediately. If you want to help with that visit my donations page. Be sure to leave a note when you donate saying the money is for Wyvern F0.
LINK from Guru's page.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Generous offer from GURU (Wyvern F0 will be dumped ?!) new [Re: CTOJAH]
#303593 - 02/01/13 08:16 AM

OK what the fuck. This is what happened with Wyvern F-0. It cost around $6,000 for that and Bygone. I had raised around $1,000 and that was sent to Guru and he covered the rest, the agreement being that they would be dumped and released and resold in Japan where they are worth thousands of dollars. Then the remainder of the money would be raised and paid back from both his and my boards being resold over time on ebay. We sold a few hundred dollars of his games on ebay and then he quit. He also did not keep up his end of getting back thousands of the cost by reselling the 2 boards in Japan or releasing the dumps. Instead he wanted some power play.

Therefore, the agreement we made was not kept up. I never agreed to pay 5 grand out of pocket for him to hoard a game on account of I'm not a pushover donkey dick. This is the final straw of horseshit. Absolutely the next millimeter of it I see and he's back on emuumlim. Guru has money he can wipe his ass with. This is some ego power play and nothing more. And the last one ever on MW.

Edit: Actually you know what? It takes a certain type of piece of shit to try and kick a man while he's down. Especially after all I've done for him over the years. He's gone. His site will be deleted in a few minutes.

haynor666
Reged: 05/06/06
Loc: Tarnobrzeg/Poland
Send PM

Re: Generous offer from GURU (Wyvern F0 will be dumped ?!) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#303596 - 02/01/13 11:39 AM

I hope you have backup of his site. There informations about decapping status which could be handy from time to time.

BTW. Some time ago when I was reading his site a noticed information about dumped games but not yet added to mame. What happened to those dumps can I ask?

Tingoes
Old game finder!
Reged: 10/03/05
Send PM

Re: The last time I donate. new [Re: haynor666]
#303599 - 02/01/13 01:00 PM

Gentlemens agreement.

1. Guru sold his own boards after smitdogg requested it. Funds went to DU.
2. Guru lent own money to the DU money to buy Wyvern F0 with promise that he would get money back.
3. Personal money was lent to DU by Guru for PCB.
4. PCB is to be sold when dumped, protection emulated?
5. DU pays balance when PCB is sold in Japan.

We are currently stuck at number 3, and fuck are we stuck.

I bought Taito Rainbow Islands Extra for de-capping last month and sent it to Guru for de-capping last week.
There is a queue of protection chips that need to be decapped.
Since Dr Decapitator packed up and left the scene I have bought the Japanese prototype Taito/Taoplan Slapfight A76, and a rarish Taito Return of the Invaders.
It was the DU that stymied Dr Decapitators request for donations, and since then no protection chips have been de-capped.

The DU did offer support for one of my purchases only, the Donkey King I submitted before Christmas.

So far I have paid for everything that I bought.

Mameworld is full of smart arse leeches.

Hi Bizimonki et.al

How about you gormless chumps on the forum chipping in to buy some wanted games occasionally, and have them dumped, decapped and emulated.

To the DU - Good luck organising a rotating roster of people to buy PCB's.

I'm out,

Sayonara.

Chism
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/20/07
Loc: Germany
Send PM

#303603 - 02/01/13 02:20 PM

Being personaly pissed off by someone is one thing - deleting someones site another. Guru has been a useful member of Mame development over the years after all. So please calm down.

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

#303605 - 02/01/13 02:34 PM

To only add to the list of things why I've hated 2013 so far.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: The last time I donate. new [Re: Tingoes]
#303608 - 02/01/13 03:32 PM

You're just plain incorrect but I guess that's what he told you. You think I agreed to pay thousands of dollars for him to hoard a dump and hold it over my head? You think I would pay thousands for him to own the board indefinitely and never resell it?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Generous offer from GURU (Wyvern F0 will be dumped ?!) new [Re: Chism]
#303609 - 02/01/13 03:35 PM

That's the argument I've made for him in the past for 12 years every time he pulled this shit with other people. Now he's doing it with me, again. Nobody is worth this type of trouble. If you guys think mamedevs can do no harm then follow him off the site.

hap
Reged: 12/01/08
Send PM

#303610 - 02/01/13 03:53 PM

Ok, could you please chill and put his site back? That website is more valuable to the MAME community than to this Guru person you have a disgust for.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Generous offer from GURU (Wyvern F0 will be dumped ?!) new [Re: hap]
#303612 - 02/01/13 04:30 PM

No. Go ask him for the pages you need. I'm not hosting the page of a cocksucking monkey talking shit about me just because it has good tech data.

hap
Send PM

#303614 - 02/01/13 04:51 PM

Personally I don't need anything from his site right now, I was asking on behalf of the community.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#303619 - 02/01/13 05:54 PM

Don't worry, I'm sure someone else will be dumb enough to host him. Lot of idiots out there.

Can't believe Haze pulled these skeletons out. Tell me what the fuck this has to do with a book-long 2012 Mame recap. Oh let's give Guru incentive to do another one of his emudramas. Brilliant, Haze. Simply brilliant.

hap
Send PM

#303620 - 02/01/13 06:08 PM

Haze? Who cares, that's his personal opinion - and FYI there actually was some discussion about it a couple of months ago. The blogpost was a good read overall.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#303621 - 02/01/13 06:11 PM

Well that's what ignited this fire again so, I care.

Lewis King
Reged: 12/25/11
Send PM

#303622 - 02/01/13 06:19 PM

> Don't worry, I'm sure someone else will be dumb enough to host him. Lot of idiots out
> there.
>
> Can't believe Haze pulled these skeletons out. Tell me what the fuck this has to do
> with a book-long 2012 Mame recap. Oh let's give Guru incentive to do another one of
> his emudramas. Brilliant, Haze. Simply brilliant.

I told you.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

So I can be 100% clear on this new [Re: CTOJAH]
#303623 - 02/01/13 06:26 PM

I absolutely never agreed to pay this money out of donations or pocket, or included people on my mailing list or whatever other bullshit he is saying. After the initial payment, the rest was all supposed to come from recycle funds from both his (ones in his garage that other people paid for like Randy collection funds, he has hundreds of them) and my boards that I would be buying over the next year or so being resold - no direct donations or out of pocket money. We started doing this for weeks after the auction - reselling his boards where he sent me pics and I ebayed them and he shipped them out and I sold what I had that would sell. He was supposed to dump the games during this time too. Instead he suddenly stopped the ebay stuff and made up some new rules - I did not agree with them and then this started. He completely cut off communication with me and started talking shits.

You cannot change rules after a deal is made. Would it be ok if I loaned you $100 and then said oh by the way, now I get to have anal sex with you so find something to bend over? No it wouldn't.

The truth is the actual money is not that important to him. He just wants to feel powerful. Like when he says something like the DU owes him money, it's ridiculous on so many levels. As if I could or would get a group of people indebted to him. He wants to feel like he has power over them.

Lewis King
Reged: 12/25/11
Send PM

Re: So I can be 100% clear on this new [Re: Smitdogg]
#303624 - 02/01/13 06:31 PM

A query of witchcraft, was very precise.

Tingoes
Old game finder!
Reged: 10/03/05
Send PM

Re: The last time I donate. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#303628 - 02/01/13 07:01 PM

I didn't send you money or PCB's so I guess when the IRS is reaming your butt you'll remember me fondly.
You won't have to pay for me...

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: The last time I donate. new [Re: Tingoes]
#303630 - 02/01/13 07:04 PM

You donated money and boards to Guru a lot of times and now that investment in him has made it to where you can't believe the idea that he could be a cocksucker.

gamerfan
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/01/10
Send PM

Re: Generous offer from GURU (Wyvern F0 will be dumped ?!) new [Re: Naoki]
#303648 - 02/02/13 04:15 AM

> To only add to the list of things why I've hated 2013 so far.

Exactly. 2013 sure does not look good. Some people say it will be better than 2012. By the looks of it, I don't think so. It's going to get worse believe it or not.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Don't include me in your messes new [Re: Tingoes]
#303649 - 02/02/13 04:22 AM

Quote:

Mameworld is full of smart arse leeches.

Hi Bizimonki et.al

How about you gormless chumps on the forum chipping in to buy some wanted games occasionally, and have them dumped, decapped and emulated.

I own the roms I use in Mame as I have the old boards of the games I play on, which I buy dead (and stored in the loft) which amounts to 7. Paying for something that is possibly illegal (in whoever's theory) is unethical. You buy the board to document that is in danger of becoming lost.

Besides I have been told by nearly every MameDev including Mr Haywood that the Mamedevs do not distribute roms. They use the dump for the project and very little else. So I do not think your implied comment is accurate.

If you embark on an agreement to purchase a rare game to help the project and the other party reneges, and there is serious money involved, I would be really pissed too.

I have watched Guru over the years and agree that he has an attitude and likes power and the ability to wield it. $5K for a game? Have you dumped Freedom Fighter Yet?

Rule of thumb is: don't bite the hand that hosts your site.

spoot
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/04/13
Send PM

Re: Generous offer from GURU (Wyvern F0 will be dumped ?!) new [Re: gamerfan]
#303651 - 02/02/13 04:45 AM

> > To only add to the list of things why I've hated 2013 so far.
>
> Exactly. 2013 sure does not look good. Some people say it will be better than 2012.
> By the looks of it, I don't think so. It's going to get worse believe it or not.

Yes, 2013 has sucked nutz off a hairy buffalo so far.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Generous offer from GURU (Wyvern F0 will be dumped ?!) new [Re: spoot]
#303652 - 02/02/13 05:12 AM

> > > To only add to the list of things why I've hated 2013 so far.
> >
> > Exactly. 2013 sure does not look good. Some people say it will be better than 2012.
> > By the looks of it, I don't think so. It's going to get worse believe it or not.
>
> Yes, 2013 has sucked nutz off a hairy buffalo so far.

So what do you do when you're faced with hairy buffaloes?

Make Buffalo Wings!

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Reged: 02/06/12
Loc: an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.
Send PM

Re: Don't include me in your messes new [Re: ]
#303655 - 02/02/13 05:41 AM

Don't include yourself Bob, you fucking CLOWN. Of all people you have NO credentials in such matters.

You're insanity is LEGEND in the Daphne community, how you tried and went to crazy extremes to prove that you owned an Esh disc, so they would share a capture with you and then sadly and embarrassingly admitting it was all a hoax after they proved you were a fraud.

I wish Morgan's Tribute page to you was still online!

There is no law in the arena

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Generous offer from GURU (Wyvern F0 will be dumped ?!) new [Re: gamerfan]
#303662 - 02/02/13 12:00 PM

> > To only add to the list of things why I've hated 2013 so far.
>
> Exactly. 2013 sure does not look good. Some people say it will be better than 2012.
> By the looks of it, I don't think so. It's going to get worse believe it or not.

Most of 2013 is acting link 2009 for me, plus more shit added on top. So...

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: Generous offer from GURU (Wyvern F0 will be dumped ?!) new [Re: Master O]
#303670 - 02/02/13 05:36 PM

nah. You just kick the shit out of anyone with an Obama bumper sticker when you get mad. It'll cheer you up. I promise.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4617