Pages: 1

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

Communication setting in my Neo Geo cab
#315846 - 10/15/13 06:17 PM

Does anybody know what this setting is used for. I don't see any explaination in the manual.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Communication setting in my Neo Geo cab new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#315848 - 10/15/13 07:18 PM

> Does anybody know what this setting is used for. I don't see any explaination in the
> manual.

There you go again...
I don't know why you can't just go type "Neo Geo Communications setting" or "Neo Geo Communication dip switch" or any of the other little things you ask about into google.

You can get your information much quicker that way.

S

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: Communication setting in my Neo Geo cab new [Re: Sune]
#315851 - 10/15/13 07:56 PM

I did but couldn't come up with anything. I always google first. Relax. it's just a question. And the things you consider little are serious to me. Isn't that's why we have questions on a forum. For the people who are unsure of things.

He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

#315852 - 10/15/13 08:20 PM

There are a few Neo-Geo games that support linked play between multiple cabinets (or AES consoles) via a cable that plugs into a jack on the cartridge. The "Communication" dip settings are for setting this feature up, and have no effect on any other games. The games with a cable jack are Riding Hero, League Bowling and Thrash Rally, all released in 1990 or 1991.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: Communication setting in my Neo Geo cab new [Re: AWJ]
#315853 - 10/15/13 08:26 PM

Wow. Never knew that. Its my first cab and I thought it had something to do with controls because some of my MVS controls were acting crazy for some reason. looks like I need it repaired. Thank You.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

#315854 - 10/15/13 08:59 PM

I would like to say one more quote if I may. I would like to explain not everything is clear sometimes and althought I may not be a knowledgeable person when it comes to PC's and gaming, I'm always willing to learn but snags do happen which is when I would usually ask here on the forums if of course I don't understand an answer. Some may feel that those questions are not too important or feel they are/can be easily answered, But unfortunatley this is not always the case with everyone. I learn alot here on the forums and I love helping people no matter what the question is if I have an understanding of it. If of course anyone feels my questions are not worthy of answering please remember you don't have to answer them. But I always will appreciate the help all of you give as I always have full respect for all of the devs and posters here,But please respect me in return and in my post. Thank You All.

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

#315855 - 10/15/13 09:02 PM

The only Neo-Geo dipswitch that affects controls for most games is switch 3, which should be set to off unless you're using a mahjong panel.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: Communication setting in my Neo Geo cab new [Re: AWJ]
#315856 - 10/15/13 09:04 PM

Yes. Just found that out. Interesting system the Neo Geo is. Thanks again.

RATMNL
Patron Saint of the Totally F*cked
Reged: 02/02/13
Loc: 026, NL
Send PM

#315957 - 10/16/13 05:49 PM

> I did but couldn't come up with anything. I always google first. Relax. it's just a
> question. And the things you consider little are serious to me. Isn't that's why we
> have questions on a forum. For the people who are unsure of things.

You've got that all wrong. MW-Forum is a place where old men can bad mouth any less experienced users to prevent them from using MAME. It's an intricate system trying to accomplish weeding out the people that "really want to re-play their memories of yore" and leaving a small select group of people that can read binary and shit... Because those are the ones we need...

Man, I Love it here

"Those voices in his head might not be real, but they have really good ideas!"

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: Communication setting in my Neo Geo cab new [Re: RATMNL]
#315971 - 10/16/13 06:56 PM

OK. Then perhaps we should change forum rule #6 to more of an opposite meaning. Yes? Except throw in a old men clause. LOL.

RATMNL
Patron Saint of the Totally F*cked
Reged: 02/02/13
Loc: 026, NL
Send PM

#315978 - 10/16/13 08:19 PM

Reading forum rules....
Yeah basically

"Those voices in his head might not be real, but they have really good ideas!"

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#315984 - 10/16/13 08:42 PM

> I did but couldn't come up with anything. I always google first. Relax. it's just a
> question. And the things you consider little are serious to me. Isn't that's why we
> have questions on a forum. For the people who are unsure of things.

I have a Neo Geo motherboard and a few carts but I've never been curious about the communications dip switch, I guess I assumed it was for debugging or multiplayer and just forgot about it.

So I turned to google in order to answer you and I found your answer, which is exactly the same as what AWJ posted, in the 4th or 5th search result. The first hit was this very topic because I used the exact same words as you did in your own post!

If you'd put those words into google to begin with you would have had that information and that would have been it. You have the same internet that I have. So it's a total mystery to me why you would post here when the information is so easy to find, using your own words.

That's all. And this has nothing to do with MAME or the forum rules, the ability to "read binary", badmouthing others, or being old.

S

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: Communication setting in my Neo Geo cab new [Re: Sune]
#315989 - 10/16/13 10:27 PM

> > I did but couldn't come up with anything. I always google first. Relax. it's just a
> > question. And the things you consider little are serious to me. Isn't that's why we
> > have questions on a forum. For the people who are unsure of things.
>
> I have a Neo Geo motherboard and a few carts but I've never been curious about the
> communications dip switch, I guess I assumed it was for debugging or multiplayer and
> just forgot about it.
>
> So I turned to google in order to answer you and I found your answer, which is
> exactly the same as what AWJ posted, in the 4th or 5th search result. The first hit
> was this very topic because I used the exact same words as you did in your own post!
>
> If you'd put those words into google to begin with you would have had that
> information and that would have been it. You have the same internet that I have. So
> it's a total mystery to me why you would post here when the information is so easy to
> find, using your own words.
>
> That's all. And this has nothing to do with MAME or the forum rules, the ability to
> "read binary", badmouthing others, or being old.
>
> S

Yeah I must have missed it. Hey it happens. I did see some dipswitch settings but at the time I could not find my answer right off as to what it meant exactly. If I made a mistake on asking fine. I apologize for posting my question. But regardless there is no reason to get upset over this silly thing. Well thank You for checking it up for me. I appreciate the help.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1212