View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Bigby
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/25/11
Send PM

MAME on Xbox
#316569 - 10/30/13 09:35 PM

I would like to get the views of members here on the state of MAME on the original Xbox.

There is a frontend/emulator called CoinOPs, which consists of source code from MAME, Final Burn Alpha and a plethora of other arcade, console, handheld and computer emulators. The main dev who works on it goes by the name of BritneysPAIRs, who often does not credit any of the original authors of the emulators. He also does not release his modified source code, as and when he releases updates to CoinOPs.

I should mention that he has on a couple of occasions released some form of source, but to my knowledge this was in an incomplete state.

Many of us in the Xbox scene have tried to discuss this disrespectful behaviour with him, but he refuses to even accept that what he is doing is wrong.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: Bigby]
#316571 - 10/30/13 11:50 PM

> I would like to get the views of members here on the state of MAME on the original
> Xbox.
>
> There is a frontend/emulator called CoinOPs, which consists of source code from MAME,
> Final Burn Alpha and a plethora of other arcade, console, handheld and computer
> emulators. The main dev who works on it goes by the name of BritneysPAIRs, who often
> does not credit any of the original authors of the emulators. He also does not
> release his modified source code, as and when he releases updates to CoinOPs.
>
> I should mention that he has on a couple of occasions released some form of source,
> but to my knowledge this was in an incomplete state.
>
> Many of us in the Xbox scene have tried to discuss this disrespectful behaviour with
> him, but he refuses to even accept that what he is doing is wrong.
>
> http://coinopsproject.freeforums.org

If the Xbox version of MAME was last released during the Xbox's glory days (pre-360), it will most likely be an ancient version of MAME ported from the DOS era (e.g. 0.36 or earlier), and would probably contain a great deal of bugs, incomplete emulation and, of course, a number of missing games compared to modern versions (e.g. later than 0.128 or so). In this case, it would probably similar to the older iMAME releases for smartphones/tablets, where one version is for older/weaker devices and runs a heavily modified variant of MAME 0.37 beta 5 (from the year 2000 - pre-Windows XP!), whereas the other uses a modern build but requires a much more powerful device. Note that the Xbox version was never officially supported by MAMEdev.

Bigby
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox *DELETED* new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#316572 - 10/31/13 12:05 AM

Post deleted by Bigby

THE DEMON MAN
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

#316585 - 10/31/13 03:15 AM

BP is a very nice guy and coinops is a bit more than a front end. He uses his own config files and many of the games are custom configured to work with his XBE.

I have no problem with BP and coinops/vision. He is not under the idea that he has to credit anyone. He is not trying to make a big stick on the scene. It is his project and he does what he wants to do with it as he pleases. If he is using open source code in with his own code, so what.. it's a project not like this guy is making a living or anything off of it. He gives it away for free so gamers like you and me can play games we never purchased for free..

FInd it funny that someone has the balls to call the guy out on credit to others when he is clearly breaking copyright and playing games he has no business playhing.. kind of a catch 22.

Leave BP alone, he is a good guy and makes a great emulator collection.

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

#316592 - 10/31/13 05:54 AM

Man you felt strongly about this topic after being a member here for over 7 years you put your 1st post in this thread

Arcade Addict

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#316616 - 10/31/13 05:25 PM

> I would like to get the views of members here on the state of MAME on the original
> Xbox.

I've heard bad things before about that project; my opinion is that it is dumb in 2013 to use an original Xbox for anything. You can buy cheap small-form-factor PCs, often fanless, which deliver orders of magnitude more CPU and GPU power, faster networking, and HDMI output. XBMC runs a lot nicer on those, and you can go directly to current MAME and other emulators like DEMUL and SuperModel that aren't possible on the Xbox.

THE DEMON MAN
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: gamez fan]
#316620 - 10/31/13 06:11 PM

> Man you felt strongly about this topic after being a member here for over 7 years you
> put your 1st post in this thread

Been a member I guess to lurk around and read. I was linked to this thread from the coinops chat room by another user and since I really like COinops and vision I felt the need to comment. I was about to join just to comment, but I have signed up for so many forums over the years (many just to look around) I figured I would try to usual name I use and sure enough I had an account - so saved me the time to sign up to answer this nonsense. I really can't believe that project like coinops and vision, which is neat and unique, that people get all pissy about crediting people over using open source in private projects and releasing them to a small group of people. Coinops spreads by word or mouth. I found out about it on BYOAC forums. I had no clue that it was. I stopped using my xbox for emulation till I found this coinops thing on BYOAC. Until then I had like 20 emulators all with roms on my Xbox HDD - copinops is a really pretty way to package all that together and make it look awesome.

So yea.. I needed to defend BP here.

THE DEMON MAN
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: R. Belmont]
#316621 - 10/31/13 06:14 PM

> > I would like to get the views of members here on the state of MAME on the original
> > Xbox.
>
> I've heard bad things before about that project; my opinion is that it is dumb in
> 2013 to use an original Xbox for anything. You can buy cheap small-form-factor PCs,
> often fanless, which deliver orders of magnitude more CPU and GPU power, faster
> networking, and HDMI output. XBMC runs a lot nicer on those, and you can go directly
> to current MAME and other emulators like DEMUL and SuperModel that aren't possible on
> the Xbox.

There is a difference. When you use coinops and Vision you will see why.

yes Xbox is outdated hardware, but BP and the other guys who donate their time to making Videos and art intro to make a really pretty front end menu for each game really makes coinops and vision worth using a XBOX again.

Also you can get an Xbox, 160GB HDD and softmod for under $20 bux these day. FOr $20 bux to have a all in one system you can turn on and have a pretty interface and 4-10K games at your finger tips makes a great little box.

So while I agree with you and I do have a Gaming PC for emulation and you have things like rasberryPI and Android devices, the Xbox still holds up well...

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: THE DEMON MAN]
#316633 - 10/31/13 09:18 PM

Gaming PC dedicated to emulation equipped with modern hardware is a much better option than a soft modded Xbox.

If you need the eye candy then hook-up Hyperspin Artwork/Themes and use Circo's emumovie videos.

Bigby
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox *DELETED* new [Re: B2K24]
#316634 - 10/31/13 09:39 PM

Post deleted by Bigby

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Send PM

#316639 - 10/31/13 10:28 PM

> > > I would like to get the views of members here on the state of MAME on the
> original
> > > Xbox.
> >
> > I've heard bad things before about that project; my opinion is that it is dumb in
> > 2013 to use an original Xbox for anything. You can buy cheap small-form-factor PCs,
> > often fanless, which deliver orders of magnitude more CPU and GPU power, faster
> > networking, and HDMI output. XBMC runs a lot nicer on those, and you can go
> directly
> > to current MAME and other emulators like DEMUL and SuperModel that aren't possible
> on
> > the Xbox.
>
>
> There is a difference. When you use coinops and Vision you will see why.
>
> yes Xbox is outdated hardware, but BP and the other guys who donate their time to
> making Videos and art intro to make a really pretty front end menu for each game
> really makes coinops and vision worth using a XBOX again.
>
> Also you can get an Xbox, 160GB HDD and softmod for under $20 bux these day. FOr $20
> bux to have a all in one system you can turn on and have a pretty interface and 4-10K
> games at your finger tips makes a great little box.
>
> So while I agree with you and I do have a Gaming PC for emulation and you have things
> like rasberryPI and Android devices, the Xbox still holds up well...

You can't run Tekken Tag on an Xbox though. Well, if ZiNc was reborn with modern code and ported it might be somewhat possible...

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Send PM

#316641 - 10/31/13 11:07 PM

> To the ignorant user it is all the work of this one person BritneysPAIRs, as he does
> not mention/credit the original authors of XBMC.
>
> There are many other examples of this behaviour by him, which is why I felt the need
> to start this thread.
>
> Far from being a nice guy, he is arrogant, egotistical and a bully.

Yeah, that's the key issue that this Demon fuckwit doesn't seem to comprehend: taking credit for others' work is not cool.

THE DEMON MAN
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: B2K24]
#316643 - 10/31/13 11:38 PM

> Gaming PC dedicated to emulation equipped with modern hardware is a much better
> option than a soft modded Xbox.
>
> If you need the eye candy then hook-up Hyperspin Artwork/Themes and use Circo's
> emumovie videos.

I agree but for $20-30 bux what you get with Xbox and Coinops/vision is a bargain. A dedicated PC is minimum $200-300 for a decent machine. For someone wanting a disposable gaming machine it is well worth it.

THE DEMON MAN
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#316644 - 10/31/13 11:48 PM

> > To the ignorant user it is all the work of this one person BritneysPAIRs, as he
> does
> > not mention/credit the original authors of XBMC.
> >
> > There are many other examples of this behaviour by him, which is why I felt the
> need
> > to start this thread.
> >
> > Far from being a nice guy, he is arrogant, egotistical and a bully.
>
> Yeah, that's the key issue that this Demon fuckwit doesn't seem to comprehend: taking
> credit for others' work is not cool.

HE is not taking any credit away from anyone. What do you people not understand about OPEN SOURCE. It is open for everyone to use. If I take XBMC open source and make my own thing and release it for FREE for people to enjoy, who the hell cares if I credit anyone.

Second, you taking the side of one side of the story. BP tells a different story, and of course I am not inclined to believe either of them as the there always correct side to the story (3rd side to the story). Which we clearly are not getting.

Gotta love the BULLING of calling me a FUCK WIT. Tell you what - grow some balls and say it to my face. I dare you. You would need a dentist and be sipping your food through a straw for 3 months. I don't like people who are TOUGH behind a screen.

I have been around the CO and VISION forums for about a year now. BP is a nice guy he is not a bully of any kind. He keeps his work to himself which he has every right to do. He also has a bunch of dedicated followers that do a lot of his work for him. There are people who spend countless hours making artwork for CO / Vision and don;t expect a single thank you. They do it for the love of their hobby. There are people that play 1000's of games and capture the video for video intros. BP does not do all this himself. But he does so a lot on his own. He does not need to CREDIT anyone. If you don't like CO/VISION don't download it, don;t use it. You don't need to stand up for someone else and claim BP is the bad guy. Let that author who feels hurt by a lack of a thank you to fight his own battles, he don;t need people like you doing it for him based on HIS side of the story. I am only defending BP here because a 3rd part is attacking him, so a 3rd party should defend him. If he was attacked by the guy making the accusation which you all are so uppity about, then BP can defend himself.

There is no need to slander CO/VISION for the people who enjoy using it because some developer you don;t personally know claims that BP uses his OPEN SOURCE without saying THANK YOU. Your all a bunch of petty children.

Edited by THE DEMON MAN (10/31/13 11:48 PM)

Bigby
MAME Fan
Send PM

#316648 - 11/01/13 12:29 AM

Demon, for someone who has been around for a year, you must have seen the way he treats people on his forums. Many times a new user registers there, asks a perfectly innocent question, which then BP for some reason does not like, and either mocks them or out-rightly bans them.

There does not seem to be a week that goes by that he does not disparage other people on other websites. He belittles other people’s efforts to make a MAME version on Xbox that is free from locks, unlike CoinOPs that is locked so that it can only be used his way.

BP has the gall to do this, when this unlocked version of MAME has its source code released and credits the devs that have worked on previous versions.

Another example of this disrespectful behaviour…

A version of Final Burn Alpha was ported to Xbox. The dev who ported it had put a lot of time and effort into it, and he released his modified source code, as well as crediting the original authors. This dev explicitly asked that any further modifications to the source to be made available, so that others can benefit from it. Now without even asking him, BP took the source and incorporated it into CoinOPs, he of course did not credit the dev(s) nor did he release the source. There was a heated argument at 1emulation forums between BP and this dev, who was rightly angered at what had happened. BP did not apologise for his behaviour, he did not give a shit at what he had done.

Demon, you need to take a step back and think of the kind of person that you are defending.

gamez fan
Send PM

#316649 - 11/01/13 12:54 AM

> Demon, you need to take a step back and think of the kind of person that you are
> defending.
Some people only care about getting a game or feature added to CoinOPS i guess they switch
off to the rest i'd say 99% of people on that forum are like that they will defend
BritneysPAIRS till their blue in the face there will be no changing their minds

Arcade Addict

casm
Cinematronics > *
Reged: 08/27/07
Send PM

#316650 - 11/01/13 01:09 AM

> Xbox.

Why?

Seriously: what good would it do? You pretty much answer what sucks about it (other than it being hopelessly outdated and including backported drivers, which others have already mentioned elsewhere in this thread) below.

What possible result do you expect of everyone basically stating this, other than that there will be someone with an opinion to the contrary? At least one of those people has already come out of the woodwork, and the completely obvious tit-for-tat arguments are ensuing. Were you hoping for the MW Army(tm) to descend upon the CoinOPS forums, keyboard rage at the ready, and through deft flaming of the regulars there bring an end to this situation?

> There is a frontend/emulator called CoinOPs, which consists of source code from MAME,
> Final Burn Alpha and a plethora of other arcade, console, handheld and computer
> emulators. The main dev who works on it goes by the name of BritneysPAIRs, who often
> does not credit any of the original authors of the emulators. He also does not
> release his modified source code, as and when he releases updates to CoinOPs.
>
> I should mention that he has on a couple of occasions released some form of source,
> but to my knowledge this was in an incomplete state.
>
> Many of us have tried to discuss this disrespectful behaviour with him, but he
> refuses to even accept that what he is doing is wrong.
>
> http://coinopsproject.freeforums.org

Summary: people do stupid things with the MAME source (as well as others) and don't give the original authors credit or make their changes available. I, for one, am shocked. Shocked, I say, to learn of such flagrant disregard that clearly never takes place anywhere else or with any other project

Dear God is this thread utterly, utterly pointless.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

#316651 - 11/01/13 01:23 AM

Quote:

HE is not taking any credit away from anyone. What do you people not understand about OPEN SOURCE. It is open for everyone to use. If I take XBMC open source and make my own thing and release it for FREE for people to enjoy, who the hell cares if I credit anyone.

You don't understand open source. People release software under specific license terms, and everyone is free to use it in compliance with those terms. The MAME license found here specifically mentions that derivatives must include complete source code (second bullet point in first section). XBMC is licensed under GPL, which also requires redistribution of source with derivatives, and additionally prohibits redistribution under more restrictive and/or non-copyleft licenses. If you don't adhere to the terms of these licenses, you are not free to use the source.

Quote:

Second, you taking the side of one side of the story. BP tells a different story, and of course I am not inclined to believe either of them as the there always correct side to the story (3rd side to the story). Which we clearly are not getting.

He's clearly violating the licenses of software he builds his system on. He's taken the work of others and claimed it as his own. No-one cares how he wants to justify it.

Quote:

Gotta love the BULLING of calling me a FUCK WIT. Tell you what - grow some balls and say it to my face. I dare you. You would need a dentist and be sipping your food through a straw for 3 months. I don't like people who are TOUGH behind a screen.

Haha who's the internet tough guy now? Vas didn't make any threats - you're the one who's brought that to the table. It's really stupid to make threats like that without sizing up your opponent, and I very much doubt you've seen Vas IRL. Putting aside whether he may or may not be a compulsive liar for the moment, he's claimed at various times to:

• Hold his drunk neighbour in front of an open seventh floor window and threaten to throw him out because the neighbour was keeping Vas' kids awake by yelling at his wife
  • Shoulder-ram a bus that cut him off when the traffic lights were in his favour hard enough that he was seeing stars for the next fifteen minutes
  • Punch a large dent into a Hong Kong taxi because the driver was cherry-picking
  • Scull a bottle of vodka, somehow get back to his hotel, collapse in a pool of his own vomit, then wake up and post about it on bannister.org

If nothing else he doesn't seem to give a flying fuck about self-preservation. Sounds like the kind of guy who'd call you a fuckwit to your face and think about the consequences later.

Quote:

I have been around the CO and VISION forums for about a year now. BP is a nice guy he is not a bully of any kind. He keeps his work to himself which he has every right to do.

He has no right to do that because "his work" is based on the work of others, and he's bound by the licenses under which they release that work.

Quote:

He also has a bunch of dedicated followers that do a lot of his work for him. There are people who spend countless hours making artwork for CO / Vision and don;t expect a single thank you. They do it for the love of their hobby. There are people that play 1000's of games and capture the video for video intros. BP does not do all this himself. But he does so a lot on his own. He does not need to CREDIT anyone.

Their choice if they don't want credit, but that doesn't change the fact that other people may.

Quote:

If you don't like CO/VISION don't download it, don;t use it. You don't need to stand up for someone else and claim BP is the bad guy. Let that author who feels hurt by a lack of a thank you to fight his own battles, he don;t need people like you doing it for him based on HIS side of the story.

Naming and shaming arsehats is perfectly acceptable behaviour. Defending them just shows that you're an arsehat sympathiser.

Quote:

I am only defending BP here because a 3rd part is attacking him, so a 3rd party should defend him. If he was attacked by the guy making the accusation which you all are so uppity about, then BP can defend himself.

Oh really? I think you're defending him in the hope that he'll notice your pious efforts and let you suck his cock one day. Or perhaps you wish you had enough talent to rip off other people's work yourself, and you're jumping to the defend your role model.

Quote:

There is no need to slander CO/VISION for the people who enjoy using it because some developer you don;t personally know claims that BP uses his OPEN SOURCE without saying THANK YOU. Your all a bunch of petty children.

It isn't slander if it's true, and a lot of people here actually are MAME contributors and/or know other MAME contributors personally. Also, we may be children, but we know the difference between "your" and "you're", and that semicolons aren't used for contractions.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

This_nt new [Re: casm]
#316654 - 11/01/13 01:56 AM

> > I would like to get the views of members here on the state of MAME on the original
> > Xbox.
>
> Why?
>
> Seriously: what good would it do? You pretty much answer what sucks about it (other
> than it being hopelessly outdated and including backported drivers, which others have
> already mentioned elsewhere in this thread) below.
>
> What possible result do you expect of everyone basically stating this, other than
> that there will be someone with an opinion to the contrary? At least one of those
> people has already come out of the woodwork, and the completely obvious tit-for-tat
> arguments are ensuing. Were you hoping for the MW Army(tm) to descend upon the
> CoinOPS forums, keyboard rage at the ready, and through deft flaming of the regulars
> there bring an end to this situation?

Yeah, the famous Mameworld "mob mentality" lol

> Summary: people do stupid things with the MAME source (as well as others) and don't
> give the original authors credit or make their changes available. I, for one, am
> shocked. Shocked, I say, to learn of such flagrant disregard that clearly never takes
> place anywhere else or with any other project
>
> Dear God is this thread utterly, utterly pointless.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#316658 - 11/01/13 05:44 AM

> There is no need to slander CO/VISION for the people who enjoy using it because some
> developer you don;t personally know claims that BP uses his OPEN SOURCE without
> saying THANK YOU. Your all a bunch of petty children.

Well I don't know the situation. But if he's taking GPL/MAME source and using it without complying with the license of that source then whether I personally know either side is irrelevant. If he then refuses to comply and instead argues then he's not being nice.

If you want to stand up for him then disprove the allegations, don't just bully people into submission.

You're flogging a dead horse with xbox though, nobody here is going to have their mind changed. If you like it then be happy with it, but trying to convert people to that religion is pointless.

I don't have a xbox, never owned either of Microsoft's consoles. I've got a Wii & PS3 sitting under my TV that I could run MAME on. Both of them beat the cost of an xbox as they are essentially free.

Edited by smf (11/01/13 05:47 AM)

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Send PM

#316659 - 11/01/13 10:25 AM

> Gotta love the BULLING of calling me a FUCK WIT. Tell you what - grow some balls and
> say it to my face. I dare you. You would need a dentist and be sipping your food
> through a straw for 3 months. I don't like people who are TOUGH behind a screen.

Oh I'm so sorry fuckwit, I was very wrong to insult you from the safety of my apartment. Please give me an address where I may find you, a time when you'll be available, and a visual description to make sure I don't mistake someone else for you. I'm happy to deliver insults in person, as long as I know they're going to the write person.

RATMNL
Patron Saint of the Totally F*cked
Reged: 02/02/13
Loc: 026, NL
Send PM

#316661 - 11/01/13 11:54 AM

> > Demon, you need to take a step back and think of the kind of person that you are
> > defending.
> Some people only care about getting a game or feature added to CoinOPS i guess they
> switch
> off to the rest i'd say 99% of people on that forum are like that they will defend
> BritneysPAIRS till their blue in the face there will be no changing their minds

Ah but that's on any forum...
There's probably a few people here well willing to take a fanboy bullet for Aaron or Arbee (or dare I say it.. Haze :P) whether they'd be right or not.

X

"Those voices in his head might not be real, but they have really good ideas!"

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#316662 - 11/01/13 01:08 PM

> Xbox.
>
Hiya Bigby
>
> Many of us have tried to discuss this disrespectful behaviour with him, but he
> refuses to even accept that what he is doing is wrong.
>
You won't find any opposition on his (BP's) forum; all such posts are deleted and those members banned. He surrounds himself with those who think he is a God. He is unlikely to ever release his source, or change his ways, because he knows as well as anyone that no force can be brought to bear upon him.

Back when the discussions of coinops took place at 1emulation, I did some moderating there in order to keep the peace, due to the ever-present fights. When I gave him a warning for abusing others, he packed up and left, taking his lovers with him. After that he kept sending snide PM's saying how great he was and how we sucked. After a while I put him on ignore, which finally gave me some peace.

As far as his coding abilities go, he may well be brilliant - but one can never be sure if he stole someone else's code instead. He makes sure that everyone *thinks* he wrote it though.

Apart from hearing of the occasional new release, I no longer have any interest in his doings.

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

#316664 - 11/01/13 01:33 PM

You should probably stop. There seems to be too many people here that don't share you opinion. Besides, you created an account on this forum and have done nothing but promote and crusade for the guy. Save yourself a headache and stop trying to justify his actions here. All you seem to be generating are flames and negative posts.

THE DEMON MAN
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: Jason]
#316670 - 11/01/13 02:48 PM

> You should probably stop. There seems to be too many people here that don't share you
> opinion. Besides, you created an account on this forum and have done nothing but
> promote and crusade for the guy. Save yourself a headache and stop trying to justify
> his actions here. All you seem to be generating are flames and negative posts.

Like I said I think BP is a nice guy, never had any issue with him.

While I Said I will stand up for him becuase a 3rd party is attacking him based on the word of others I did just that but I don;t claim to have any insite into how BP works and what other things might be going on.

BUT... BP is aware of this thread (and not from me) I guess someone said something to him and he sent me a message.

Like I said I have no clue about the back and forth of this. I was basically just responding to the initial claim of...."HIS BEHAVIOR" according to BIBGY in the first post.

Well BP informed me he did release his sources..
He gave me this link..

http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/index.php?topic=2348.15

The sources were posted.

So the argument is INVALID...

Think what you want of BP. I have no problem with him - I think he is a nice guy - nothing more.

I like coinops / vision - I have every right to like these programs.

I like using an Xbox to play emulators. - I think for $30 or less for the hardware and the free CO/vision software how can you go wrong with a fantastic program like these for a ton of classic gaming fun.

So stop jumping all over me for defending BP....

I don't think coinops/vision and BP are anything the scene raves about.. it's not a super large project like XBMC, MAME or any other free program project. COinops and vision are just a small project with a small following and a bunch of developers have an issue with BP and that should remain where it is. People like you and me really shouldn't be getting involved in these trolling spats on forums over who is a bully, dick, not using free source correctly ect... When it comes to people like you and me and everyone else here, we should care about only one thing.. DO we like COinops/vision and use them or do we not like coinops/vision and not use them? That is it.

So, enough is enough.. Leave the guy alone... He posted almost a year ago his sources for FREE for everyone to use.

Say what else you want to say.. I am done with this. I didn;t want to get in as deep as I did with this. I am just an end user who accidentally found out about CO/VISION when i was on BYOAC building my MAME cabinet. I searched out the coinops forum, decided to stay awhile there and talk to the guy there and participate in using the software on my Xbox. I am not privy to any of these issues until the start of this thread, I have never seen any kind of cyber bullying on the CO/vision forums, I have never herd any complaints about the members there. SO that is that.

Edited by THE DEMON MAN (11/01/13 02:50 PM)

gamez fan
Send PM

#316671 - 11/01/13 04:16 PM

> Well BP informed me he did release his sources..
> He gave me this link..
>
> http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/index.php?topic=2348.15
>
> The sources were posted.
>
> So the argument is INVALID...

Yes you are correct although Those are partial sources they contain nothing but the MAME Source folder
There are alot of other source files which link with the MAME source Without them it's impossible to compile
in order to create a release build for the xbox You Need the full complete source such as i released and
Funnily enough i got abuse from BritneysPAIRS for actually following the GPL and putting out a full source
go figure

Finally i'll also mention that CoinOPS contains code from Final Burn Alpha and to my knowledge
he has never released his Sources for FBA

Arcade Addict

THE DEMON MAN
MAME Fan
Send PM

#316678 - 11/01/13 06:27 PM

How about analyzing how COINOPS and Vision works.

COINOPS.XBE does not have any of the emulators source code in it. What coinops and Vision do is load exisiting emulators that were coded by other authors.

The way that coinops and vision work is as follows.

COINOPS and VISION are their own XBE. They are essentially the same as hyperspin or mamewah.

The scan all the games available in the folder and the front end organizes them and displays the games and the artwork that were done by the author and his helpers. Basically BP codes CO/Vision as the front end with custom configured loader.

The emulators from XPORT and other authors are in tact and whole as complied by them.

WHen it comes to MAME BP uses MAMEOX which was written and complied by another author. All Coinops does is allow you pick the game, then it tells MAMEOX to load and start the rom selected automatically. So there is no change to the source and no recompiling of the MAMEOX.XBE. It is being used as it was compiled.

So there is no need to CREDIT anyone.. he is not using source per say, he is using MAMEOX as complied by the original author and using his front end to automate the Loading of the rom selected by the user.

If you use a file explorer on the Xbox and browse the coinops folder and select the MAMEOX.XBE file by it self, it will load the same way and run the same way as if you installed MAMEOX as a stand alone emulator.

Here is a screenshot of my COINOPS folder.. You can clearly see that coinops is nothing more but all the emulators available on Xbox - all put into one folder and uses a custom front end to automate which emulator is launched and what game that emulator loads automatically.

I can do this without coinops or vision from a telnet window. I can specify what emulator XBE and which ROM.ZIP to load and have the xbox load these automatically from a dashboard.

So he really does not need to credit ANYONE. He has every right to take the emulators available and make his own front end for them.

If he was RE-compiling the XBE's for each emulator and customizing them to work ONLY with COINOPS I can see the argument of "HEY HE DIDN'T CREDIT THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR", but that is not how coinops works.

That's my own "2" cents on the subject.

He released his Sources as Vision and coinops does (from what I read) have some source used from XBMC.

BUt when it comes to the emulators that COINOPS and VISION launches.. he is not altering the emulators.. He is just writing his own scripts that his XBE automates when a user picks a game and then the script does the rest.

Edited by THE DEMON MAN (11/01/13 06:29 PM)

gamez fan
Send PM

#316695 - 11/01/13 09:28 PM

> How about analyzing how COINOPS and Vision works.

>
> The emulators from XPORT and other authors are in tact and whole as complied by them.
>
> WHen it comes to MAME BP uses MAMEOX which was written and complied by another
> author. All Coinops does is allow you pick the game, then it tells MAMEOX to load and
> start the rom selected automatically. So there is no change to the source and no
> recompiling of the MAMEOX.XBE. It is being used as it was compiled.
>
> So there is no need to CREDIT anyone.. he is not using source per say, he is using
> MAMEOX as complied by the original author and using his front end to automate the
> Loading of the rom selected by the user.
>
> If you use a file explorer on the Xbox and browse the coinops folder and select the
> MAMEOX.XBE file by it self, it will load the same way and run the same way as if you
> installed MAMEOX as a stand alone emulator.

> So he really does not need to credit ANYONE. He has every right to take the emulators
> available and make his own front end for them.

You need to learn how source code works every time you compile MAMEox you get a new default.xbe and a MAMEOX.xbe
or how do you think new games which BritneysPAIRS adds to MAME
Work in CoinOPS do they just appear as if by magic. No they were added to the source Drivers by him this counts
as a code change!!! And every code change must be submitted according to the MAME GPL

No one has mentioned the console emulator sources in coinops thats a whole seperate issue
This Thread is about MAME.

Now i dont really care too much about this he can do what he wants with his sources as far as im concerned But
if BritneysPAIRS is gonna call me out on my Sources Which have been Fully Released
in compliance with the MAME GPL Then he better be Whiter Than White with his sources which isn't the case

As for credits yes he doesn't have to credit the original authors of the emulators he is using in his frontend launcher
on the other hand i believe it's a etiquette issue thats to say it would be rude not to credit to work of an developer
that you are using thats why i personally choose to credit everyone who has ever worked on MameOX in my update

Ive nothing further to add here plus im sure the members on here are sick of this thread about now

Arcade Addict

Bigby
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox *DELETED* new [Re: THE DEMON MAN]
#316697 - 11/01/13 09:47 PM

Post deleted by Bigby

BritneysPAIRS
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/01/13
Send PM

#316704 - 11/02/13 12:18 AM

Yes I have purposly tried to stay out of the scene...

Gamefan(arcade adict...aka name changer)copied the sources and uses them now in Mamedoxetra
http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/

he credits people that have cause me to get out of the scene that have 0 coding on anything....I have 10 years of code in that emulator....gamefan why do you credit problem makers as helping with the code I released? do you think I respect people like you and what you do? do you think this is fair? This is why I hate talking with you guys...its really simple
I spent years of coding time with many great people, some of them them are greats on this site...
All Mame sources are there I cant help people that cant use them...eg the above...this also goes for XBMC....
I also spent years of my time with XBMC and designing the GUI and how it works and still works today.
I dont put credits for myself on anything.
There was a credits file in CoinOPS and the same above people claimed the same things...no one else ever noticed they where in the 100s of files...
There is a reason I try and keep things small as possible now...it limits time on trolls and problem makers so I can help my friends and a community in a hobby we all love...
I can post all the times I offered help and they refused...its been many....they dont release sources...I dont want there sources....they troll sites to death while I create scenes from nothing...and try and limit them....

If you want to talk like adults and truely help please come and talk, I wont be posting here again...its a shame you guys miss out on so much because of a few....

PS I will never respect anyone that uses my work...which I gave for this purpose and ...uses my skin work and puts a new background on it to promote there site...from people who caused the biggest problems to the project...thanks the problem makers...thanks them for the skin I created with there background promoting there site....thanks many issue makers who did nothing but troll and try and destroy the scene....
Many scenes dies to these people and yes I took most of there people as we have a great community looking forward...and more news soon of great things...im only sorry about the above few that want to promote this behavour...
I am avaible to talk on my forum, realtime alot of the time...I really look forward to working with great people again....I simply cant talk or work with people who operate like above its painfull and really is destroying scenes...
eg 1emulation and xbox scene are nearly dead....1emulation dropped 99 percent in a couple of months and I left with that community to get away from this stuff...

Come over and chat over and out...and good luck anyone...PS anyone can use these sources at anytime...there is no need to credit me...credit the mame team and credit IQ_132 he did the hard stuff

Edited by BritneysPAIRS (11/02/13 12:19 AM)

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#316739 - 11/02/13 01:29 PM

> if BritneysPAIRS is gonna call me out on my Sources Which have been Fully Released
> in compliance with the MAME GPL Then he better be Whiter Than White with his sources
> which isn't the case

MAME isn't GPL, but yeah you are supposed to release the full source code to your binaries. Even if your source code is just a patchwork of code from different versions of MAME that have been somehow rigged to work together.

gamez fan
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: ]
#316771 - 11/02/13 11:51 PM

> MAME isn't GPL, but yeah you are supposed to release the full source code to your
> binaries. Even if your source code is just a patchwork of code from different
> versions of MAME that have been somehow rigged to work together.

I agree thats why i choose to release Full Sources which are available on the 1st page of the
Release Thread

Arcade Addict

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: RATMNL]
#316775 - 11/03/13 01:14 AM

> There's probably a few people here well willing to take a fanboy bullet for Aaron or
> Arbee (or dare I say it.. Haze :P) whether they'd be right or not.

Those type of people don't last here very long.

BritneysPAIRS
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: ]
#316777 - 11/03/13 02:01 AM

It is not up to me to spoon feed you so you can put your site name on this stuff and flame everyone else till everyone leaves the sites...

The sources are there and they work perfectly and are complete for mame...as per you are using them and putting your the helpers and skin makers and your site is offically the people that spent the years to do it...when you did nothing...you flamed the people...and did way worse...logging on my face book and altering photos....yes this is the people you are dealing with....this is why I dont want anything to do with you...who does that stuff...only sick people

most stuff doesnt use sources at all in XBMC...its just I know its coded as I was there...I know how it works...I know why it is the way it is...I used to help people for years but you guys dont allow this so I dont even help you with the very basics...it is a shame a few new people took over called it theres and have no vision to make it better...its a shame I did that in a day and a shame people want me to tell them how I did it...xml...links...sources...most of the time its really easy if you understand the code behind it...xmls are powerfull on such a fleible engine (thanks J Marshal)...but im here to talk about mame sources...they can be compiled for PC XBOX etc with a few mins of work...have all drivers..cpus etc.....all releases have thanks the people like IQ who where involved...there has been so many thanks I cant remember all the people that have done so and would have to go though 100s of release files to see all the thanks thats been given out...PS I thanked the people that helped do it...not people on my site that I liked that did nothing

use what you want...I have new stuff on the way for everyone to enjoy...id rather not deal with people like you....vision is very limited and ideas these days by looks and theres so many issues across scenes....id love to move forward real communities of friendly mame people...ive found so many its a shame people like above order me to spoon feed them to promote themselves when they cant even see I just changed an xml file most of the time to achieve what they want...
The mame team and people like them have the skills and I like to write a GUI to show case there skills...its that simple and stay out of this wierd world that doesnt happen outside of the net....trolls...bullies...punches in heads...logging onto there facebook and altering stuff....ive read it happening in young kids lives now but I dont care about this stuff at all

if you played properly I would tell you how easy most of the stuff you talked about for years is...but the above is why everyone left you guys...why they dont respect you...use the sources they come out and are in more places than you think....and you do use them and promote yourself...get over yourself Im not here to answer to you wanting to look good...im doing this with people that show respect and love building cabs etc...these are why im here...id say working as a community would benfit much greater than the sources you dont seem to know how to use properly from what ive seen...

The web is full of issues....this is one of many I am seeing and why I just remove and ban anything like it (this works way better than the other big sites I was moderator on and refused to ban people and let them have there say...these sites are now dead)....I tried talking thinking it would help but a community works way better just removing and banning like neogaf....shame but true

Edited by BritneysPAIRS (11/03/13 02:11 AM)

BritneysPAIRS
MAME Fan
Send PM

#316784 - 11/03/13 03:30 AM

Bigbies offical site

http://rappscallion.wix.com/ressurectionxtras#!forum/c1c7e

this supports the most closed source software on the XBOX to date...madmabs

never has one source come out...it contains and is full of mame sources from belmont and haze...my sources...XBMC sources...GPL sources and nearly every lisense under the sun...

Bigby promotes this...and yes it has my code locked into it...remember this is his site...I can get you proof of all the other code and nothing ever talks about haze or belmonts mame code in some of the cores...

remember they use my source....this is totally closed source and draws in my sources...mame sources and xbmc sources....he promotes this and doesnt report it....

interesting reading...this I found in a two min google search.....

this is why I have to sigh at how this stuff could cause so many issues...flame fanboy hypocrites wanting to build there own stuff that frankly no one uses...I cant help that I did what you did bigby and its successfull im sorry your forums had to shut even with everyone elses stuff on it whith your forums on the skin...I dont want you to promote anything about me at all...I can easily and have proven your connection to my sources and others...you are a supporter of taking others sources closing them...promoting yourself...and yes you used all my latest sources built an identical source...as you released them and I compaired them...and then said I didnt give them out....if you want I can show you a digital match of the sources supplied to the sources gamefan posted...and thanked you for as a worker

im sorry please leave everyone alone....you support closed source stealing of there sources.....let alone mine

and constantly drag others into your issues....im sick of answering your hypocritcial issues that frankly just cause issues to further your dead causes...im sorry you guys cant gain traction with you flaming trolling and im sorry everyone left...maybe you are hoping to blow this up make everyone leave so maybe they come along to your forum...

im welcome to talk on real time chat with great people that love the scene...and yes they dont want you and ask me to ban you...im sorryyyyy but they ask and its for good reason...

Im sure this wont get any further...it never does...people that cause issues generaly are just problem makers and its in there nature...it cant be changed...if anyone wants proof or geniune open discussion please come find me...I dont change my name or anything like that

destronger
forum bum...
Reged: 11/03/13
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: BritneysPAIRS]
#316788 - 11/03/13 04:20 AM

who am i? someone with no programming experience that released some updates to final burn legends (v1.10, 1.11, and v1.12) originally done by snes6502 then +T+ then me. (credit and thanks to everyone who help in the original source final burn alpha. the xbox sources were all released at xbins)

bp has helped me in the past and has banned me many times for, dare i say it, having an opinion different from his.

i'm also the one who took the existing 8+ year old skin that was in MAMEdoX and created a simple update to give the end user a easy way to tell the difference.

i want to clarify something. let me first tell everyone that i'm the other one that helped gamesfan get MAMEoXtras up and running. what gf did was take a existing source that was made by some others (names escape me) and bp. gf received the code that bp received from iq_132 over at neosource and what we did is take iq_132's stuff and the existing MAMEdoX and updated it. MAMEdoX is over 8+ years old. but as many know the xbox is limited to emulating MAME. MAME.84.6 i believe it's based on.

madmab, +T+, and others helped us.

there has not been a proper release of any source from bp since his renaming to 'coinops 1' thru 'coinops 5'. sources from previous works were released but many of the links are dead or the files do not compile or are corrupted. none are on xbins. xbins wanted nothing to do with bp.

we gave bp and anyone else who was involved proper thanks and the source was released along with any fixes that happen post release.

gamesfan and i are merely fans of the xbox that wanted a unlocked semi-updated MAME that the xbox could handle without the locks (locks consist of forced amount of games, timebombs if using other emu's besides his, rumor of screwing up bios without prior consent, etc) that bp puts in his version and drama that follows.

Edited by destronger (11/03/13 04:24 AM)

BritneysPAIRS
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: destronger]
#316791 - 11/03/13 04:37 AM

I spent my time reskining that and releasings its sources...you change the background put your name and site on it...credited yourseld for the skin....then said im the bad guy....the sources are for you guys...why cant you work like normal people....do you think I took all the people cause i cant be worked with...do you think you lost support on all sites because your stuff is good and you listen...

thanks and thanks for the drama

destronger
forum bum...
Send PM

#316792 - 11/03/13 04:43 AM

didn't say we were original did we?

but i guess you created everything before everyone else.

if that the case then, thanks for disco, the wheel, sliced bread, etc. i could go on but you'd just blush and God would be jeolous.

edit: i did make the original logo with cbagy's help. i guess i am original. i'm at your level now!

Edited by destronger (11/03/13 04:47 AM)

BritneysPAIRS
MAME Fan
Send PM

#316794 - 11/03/13 04:55 AM

your little mod was to add your site name and call it yours and thank yourself for the work you did....then complain to every site that im the issue.....

yes I did the reskin code (my time and energy) and work for Mamedox....yes I spent my time...yes the sources are there for you...yes you guys cry about me as I dont work for you and dont tell you everything....ive done way more for many projects than you know...

do what you want dont get me to defend against people that have done nothing from pointless attacks...you know I dont want to deal with you guys and avoid you guys on purpose because of the stuff you can see above...

im not thanking you and frankly dont want to work with you as ive said many times...you dont play fair...you doctor photos of me and try and laugh...flame them etc....I moved and others moved not because of what I did...but because of what you guys do...except some responsibilty as a human to why things worked out as they are...dont blame others that do stuff....what you do is really sick...

OK im out enough dirty laundry that frankly should never be worried about is here...I hope its just nuked as rubbish...

im sorry they bring this to real people and waste there time and energy because I wont talk to them... im sorry I hope they dont flood your site with hate and issues....there are great people doing great things and looking forward...

destronger
forum bum...
Send PM

#316797 - 11/03/13 05:28 AM

the original issue is of YOU bp not releasing your MAME source on a regular basis. you've made multiple releases but have NOT released as many sources.

yes, i did just go over your original skin. i used it as a template. just like everyone else has hundreds of times with many emu's before yours. if that makes you cry, i'm sorry.

should i mention the unoriginal skin that you copyied of neil222 arcade skin in final burn legends for coinops now?

face it bp... your not original. you've copied other peoples work but without crediting them or releasing the modified code that you worked on.

edit: the site name was put on the skin for those to come to the site and get help if needed. sorry, i stole that idea from every company that releases programs of any sort. you always mention you won't help people if they are using older coinops or other MAME builds. we do help for coinops and other MAME builds.

Edited by destronger (11/03/13 06:03 AM)

BritneysPAIRS
MAME Fan
Send PM

#316798 - 11/03/13 05:36 AM

Skin stuff for both is from Maximus Arcade
I just question help when you say stuff like above...its hard to help when you where not in any way part of design or work on it....people complain to me about your help on cab forums thats how good it is...you always stand correct and waste time

destronger
forum bum...
Send PM

#316799 - 11/03/13 05:45 AM

i stand corrected on the skin design.

people complain about my work on cab formats??

what are you talking about?

gamez fan
Send PM

#316822 - 11/03/13 05:03 PM

>yes you guys cry about me as I dont work for you and dont tell you everything....

No one has asked for your help as knowing you it would turn into a gloating exercise eg
you'd be posting on your forum without my help they would never have had the skill to complete that MameDOX Update...

I could of asked you why when compiling YOUR seibuspi.c driver the games on it dont work but do so in your emulator
i suspect something required for that driver is missing from the source but hey i guess we will never know it may well remain one of lives little mysterys

Upto you what you do with your Latest MAME Source either Release it or not Your Choice Afterall this thread is on a
MAME Forum And is focused around MAME Sources No need to try to switch Focus Away onto other peoples console emulator
Sources Remember People In Glass Houses Cant Throw Stones

Arcade Addict

Bigby
MAME Fan
Send PM

#316831 - 11/03/13 07:31 PM

http://rappscallion.wix.com/ressurectionxtras

There is only one emulator on the site that uses MAME sources and that is MAMEoXTRAS, which I posted as news in the forums. This is the same MAMEoXTRAS that has had its sources released.

I did not even include a download link for it, as it was originally released at the EmuXtras site, and I felt it more appropriate for users to go there and get it.

There are other emulators I have posted with download links, but they are relatively old releases now. Their source code however is also released, so I saw nothing wrong in mentioning them in the forums.

Now as for the madmab edition emulators…

Recently the XBMC4Xbox developer exobuzz created a thread over at EmuXtras, asking if Madmab would release his modified source code for the ported emulators he works on. As a first step, madmab requested that all the emulators that he released at EmuXtras to be removed. I do not know whether he will decide or not to release the source, but at this present time he is dealing with real life issues. When these issues are sorted, we will have a better idea of what he will do.

As the emulators are no longer available at EmuXtras some members started to share them on other sites.

The RessurectionXtras website is there so that people can easily download them and read about what they are all about.. There is also a credits page, which mentions all the people who worked on them (even BP).

When I first made the site, the emulators were not available for download, as they were at EmuXtras, and felt it inappropriate to have them here as well. After the removal of the emulators at EmuXtras, I saw that others were sharing them on other sites, so felt it right at this point to do the same.

In regards to your issue about your facebook account and pictures of yourself, you should direct this to Neobomb, who is an admin at EmuXtras. He was the one who discovered your real name and your facebook photos, and shared this with others. This information has spread, as is the nature of the internet.

BritneysPAIRS
MAME Fan
Send PM

#316832 - 11/03/13 08:22 PM

Bigby please take your site down...the xport emulators are littered with mame sources...from haze and belmont...you support person who not once released these sources...and are on there each day

just one file you will know what this means (there are many)

#define BLUE_MSX_VERSION "1.5.0"

extern void centerDialog(HWND hDlg);

static BOOL CALLBACK aboutDlgProc(HWND hDlg, UINT iMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
{
switch (iMsg) {
case WM_COMMAND:
if (LOWORD(wParam) == IDOK) {
EndDialog(hDlg, TRUE);
return TRUE;
}
break;

case WM_CLOSE:
EndDialog(hDlg, TRUE);
return TRUE;

case WM_INITDIALOG:
{
_TCHAR aboutText[1024];
_stprintf(aboutText, "%s\r\n\r\n"
"%s%\t%s\r\n"
"%s%\t%d\r\n"
"%s%\t%s\r\n\r\n"
"%s\r\n\r\n\r\n"
"%s\r\n\r\n"

"Daniel Vik\r\n"
"Benoît Delvaux\r\n\r\n\r\n"

"%s\r\n\r\n"

"Shimanuki Koshi\r\n"
"Roger Filipe\r\n"
"Kobayashi Michiko\r\n"
"SLotman\r\n"
"Laurent Halter\r\n"
"Fabio Albergaria Dias\r\n"
"Glafouk\r\n"
"Martijn van Tienen\r\n"
"Víctor Fernández Sánchez\r\n"
"William Ouwehand\r\n"
"Miikka \"MP83\" Poikela\r\n"
"Davide Platania a.k.a. Kruznak\r\n"
"Wouter Vermaelen\r\n"
"Manuel Bilderbeek\r\n"
"Maarten ter Huurne\r\n"
"Tobias Keizer\r\n"
"Atarulum\r\n"
"Sandy\r\n"
"Alex Wulms\r\n"
"Marat Fayzullin\r\n"
"Jarek Burczynski\r\n"
"R. Belmont\r\n"
"O. Galibert\r\n"
"Tatsuyuki Satoh\r\n"
"Gilles Vollant\r\n\r\n\r\n"

Please Dont support closed source for 10 year projects Bigby...if you want I can write a disclaimer of all files that contain infringments to the rules you say above on your site...but its every one of the things you support...you are scummm....I would struggle to find anything on your site that doesnt break the rules for 10 years....shame on you...you use my stuff thats recent....and all over the place and yet promote stuff that is clear violation to everything you preach about......its easy to check shame on you....shame...PS it also contains my code I released and XBMC code....

destronger
forum bum...
Send PM

#316834 - 11/03/13 08:56 PM

the difference is that bigby is not a dev. you ask that he take down his site and yet you being a dev are doing exactly the same thing. if bigby has to close his site then YOU must stop and close yours (emuxtras included in this). your chasing your tail. your argument is weak.

the original request is that YOU need to release your source(s) do to rules that apply to all of us using MAME.

bigby already mentioned madmab and what's going on on that side. this is about YOU and what YOU should do.

Edited by destronger (11/03/13 08:57 PM)

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

OK, seriously, WTF? new [Re: Bigby]
#316838 - 11/03/13 09:26 PM

It's like someone went around and pissed in everyone's corn flakes around here.

Six users in this thread talking about a subject that no one hardly mentions here, who have NEVER posted here before, except in this thread.

Really?

Let me guess... you guys have all had this fight before, but there is no one forum where at least one of you isn't banned, so you had to find a new neutral place, right?

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/rules.php?Cat=

#5 and #8

Stay within those rules going forward, and you can enjoy your stay here at MAMEWorld.

(Though, I'm not sure how you can not break #8 talking about any XBE version of MAME; know what I'm sayin'?)

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Bigby
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: OK, seriously, WTF? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#316839 - 11/03/13 09:48 PM

Fair enough

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#316842 - 11/03/13 10:31 PM

> Let me guess... you guys have all had this fight before, but there is no one forum
> where at least one of you isn't banned, so you had to find a new neutral place,
> right?
>

Almost right. I've witnessed these fights many times, and there's a whole bunch more people who often get involved but
aren't here (yet). The place it all started at, hasn't banned any of them, but the emu author won't go there any
more for his own reasons.

I'd seriously suggest that this thread, and any more that follow, be moved to the war room, where they won't offend the
common decency of the rest of the folk here.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#316843 - 11/03/13 10:38 PM

> your chasing your tail. your argument is weak.

I'd like to see an argument between him and haze.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

#316847 - 11/04/13 02:08 AM

Do you fail to realise how gay your name sounds? That alone detracts from any argument you present.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Seconded! <NT> new [Re: Robbbert]
#316851 - 11/04/13 03:53 AM

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: MAME on Xbox new [Re: Matty_]
#316852 - 11/04/13 04:15 AM

> Do you fail to realise how gay your name sounds? That alone detracts from any
> argument you present.

It reads on-screen 10X worse than it actually sounds. I got a headache now after seeing it so many times on this thread.

Both alternatives are absolutely horrible

RW-Column
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/10/13
Send PM

#317218 - 11/11/13 01:31 AM

> BP is a very nice guy and coinops is a bit more than a front end. He uses his own
> config files and many of the games are custom configured to work with his XBE.
>
> I have no problem with BP and coinops/vision. He is not under the idea that he has to
> credit anyone. He is not trying to make a big stick on the scene. It is his project
> and he does what he wants to do with it as he pleases. If he is using open source
> code in with his own code, so what.. it's a project not like this guy is making a
> living or anything off of it. He gives it away for free so gamers like you and me can
> play games we never purchased for free..
>
> FInd it funny that someone has the balls to call the guy out on credit to others when
> he is clearly breaking copyright and playing games he has no business playhing.. kind
> of a catch 22.
>
> Leave BP alone, he is a good guy and makes a great emulator collection.

+1

I have CoinOPS on my xbox and it is a great package. It runs very well with .84 and BP has managed to get some CHD functionality. Yes the device is old, but works great in a cabinet. The people that play on it have a wonderful time, and most of them are kids who do not know about classic arcade gaming, and they are addicted to it.

Incidentally BP would have problems posting code to Mame.net as it is made with an illegal SDK, and it is a fork of Mame which I believe the Mamedevs have no care for.

It seems a shame that pointless bickering, can cause programmers to cease great work.

You are all great in my book, which without the Mamedevs CoinOPS would not be possible.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#317243 - 11/11/13 06:37 PM

It's right about now that the sad lack of a popcorn graemlin is exposed

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: OK, seriously, WTF? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#317247 - 11/11/13 07:53 PM

> It's right about now that the sad lack of a popcorn graemlin is exposed

There's

but I miss the old one...

- Stiletto

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#317257 - 11/11/13 09:14 PM

letswatch

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#317315 - 11/13/13 03:42 AM

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Here is a good one. new [Re: R. Belmont]
#317320 - 11/13/13 05:39 AM

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6145