MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Fund Raizing -closed
#318752 - 12/15/13 04:48 PM

Shoutime can get a pcb of "Oh! Bakyuun" (the Japan version of Ghoul Panic) and ship it to me to dump if we can raise $250 in donations. If you aren't familiar with it, it's Point Blank type of shooting game on System 12 with a ghoul/ghost theme created by Raizing in 1999.

Update: There is also an undumped Naomi game he is bidding on. Donations could also go toward that. I can tell you the name in a PM.

Update 2: We won the Naomi game but still need donations for Oh! Bakyuun.

Donations need to go straight to Shoutime. To send a donation, first send me a private message about it and I'll send you his paypal address. After you have sent it, send me another private message telling me the amount and transaction number, and that way I can keep track of it for credits.

Thanks so far to:
rtw
balrog
f205v
Shoutime
ghoolster
Mucci
Mooglyguy

This is all done and closed out. If you want to send general donations:

hap
Reged: 12/01/08
Send PM

Re: DU Fund Raizing new [Re: Smitdogg]
#318767 - 12/15/13 08:43 PM

I used to be a generous donator, until i paypaled 60E for this one http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...amp;o=&vc=1 and not seeing anything dumped related to it afterwards.

There are other "DU news" from him that haven't been dumped either, such as Taito Cybersterra.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Fund Raizing new [Re: hap]
#318768 - 12/15/13 08:50 PM

> I used to be a generous donator, until i paypaled 60E for this one
> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...amp;o=&vc=1
> and not seeing anything dumped related to it afterwards.

He is supposed to be sending me Kart Duel. I don't know why he hasn't. He is sometimes slow to get to things that aren't easy/quick 2-3 rom clone dumps he can do himself in a few minutes. That said, aside from myself I'm curious who has dumped more arcade games in say the past year or so? Probably not many people if any.

> There are other "DU news" from him that haven't been dumped either, such as Taito
> Cybersterra.

I'm not aware of anyone donating toward that one but maybe I forgot. The only way he could get it was to agree to get some Japanese guy's suicided Sega games fixed before hand, which I personally would never have agreed to but I've also never been to Japan. So I doubt he would have taken donations for it if he was under some weird Japanese stipulation where he couldn't release the dump until after x happened.

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

#318805 - 12/16/13 12:59 PM

is it possible to know at least if this undumped naomi game is just a different language of something we already have right now?

rtw
lurker
Reged: 09/27/05
Send PM

Re: DU Fund Raizing new [Re: Solstar]
#318806 - 12/16/13 01:44 PM

> is it possible to know at least if this undumped naomi game is just a different
> language of something we already have right now?

Totally undumped game

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Re: DU Fund Raizing new [Re: rtw]
#318822 - 12/16/13 07:22 PM

> > is it possible to know at least if this undumped naomi game is just a different
> > language of something we already have right now?
>
> Totally undumped game

good to know thanks

ShouTime
PCB Collector
Reged: 11/25/11
Loc: Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Send PM

#318833 - 12/17/13 04:31 AM

> I used to be a generous donator, until i paypaled 60E for this one
> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...amp;o=&vc=1
> and not seeing anything dumped related to it afterwards.
>
> There are other "DU news" from him that haven't been dumped either, such as Taito
> Cybersterra.

The reality is that I am a very busy person and have limited time to spend on the hobby. I also have limited space given that I live in the middle of Tokyo. Many of these boards go into my storage area where it becomes very hard to get to things quickly as I fill them up like an expert Tetris player. I have 3 storage closets which would probably add up to be as big as a Western bathroom but I stuff over 1000 PCBs in them. Even when I need to get something out of there, it can take up to an hour...some pieces would take half a day to remove. Imagine a wall of Sega Model 1/2/3 boards with shield cases along with namco ones.

You are the only person who donated for that post, IIRC, and we all thank you for that. The average price of one of those boards was around $500 USD after shipping. Things like Sega Netmerc and Cyber Sterra cost me several thousand each and that was after networking with collectors to get to point to purchase them. I am slowly working through them as I get to them but I rather spend more time on acquiring rarer boards and particularly games on life support (anything with batteries). I recently came in contact with a collector who has the original Japanese OutRun using a battery backed up FD1089 that is undumped. That will be more of a priority for me as it is not in my hands and requires the assistance of others to get it dumped. However, for that post, PM me your preference of what you would like to see dumped and I will bump it up. Boards that require full dumps like Netmerc will take me awhile to get to. Anything with flash ROMs needs to go to Smit.

As Smit pointed out, I don't think any other person who has publicly dumped more games than I have in the last year. MAME has very noticeable gaps when it comes to Japanese versions and I'm filling them out. Another game I will dump soon is the Japanese version of Air Rescue. That cost me over $500, no donations.

Dumped: 3on3 DUNK MADNESS US, A.B. Cop JP, AIR INFERNO JP, AquaJack US, BATTLE SHARK Joystick, CRACKIN' DJ PART 2 JP, DOUBLE AXLE DX US, ENFORCE W, GP RIDER JP, GUN SURVIVOR 2 JP/W, GUNBUSTER US, GUNHARD, HANG PILOT US, Ikari III JP, JET WAVE JP, Last Survivor, MARS TV JP, MAZAN US, NINJA ASSAULT JP/W, OutRunners JP, Panic ROAD DE, PUNCH-OUT!! JP, Radirgy Ver. A, SPACE GUN JP/US, STARBLADE W, SUPER RANGER DE, SUZUKA 8 Hours 2 JP, TERRA FORCE JP, THUNDER ZONE JP, Western Express JP

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Ungodly mad props for that response ^^^^ (nt) new [Re: ShouTime]
#318841 - 12/17/13 06:34 AM

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: DU Fund Raizing new [Re: ShouTime]
#318853 - 12/17/13 12:11 PM

> As Smit pointed out, I don't think any other person who has publicly dumped more
> games than I have in the last year. MAME has very noticeable gaps when it comes to
> Japanese versions and I'm filling them out. Another game I will dump soon is the
> Japanese version of Air Rescue. That cost me over $500, no donations.

I'm a big fan of Japanese versions and Japan-only releases. It's much appreciated.

hap
Send PM

#318862 - 12/17/13 05:58 PM

Thanks for replying! Yes, I understand that you're busy, and of course I'm glad that you dumped so many games. That's not my main point though. The thing is, when money comes along, it's getting a bit hard not to feel bummed out if nothing comes out of it after a donation (or very long delay).

Take for example this one: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chris-huelsbeck/turrican-soundtrack-anthology-by-chris-huelsbeck
Last I've read, that project is still not finished, the project has not met my expectations and I feel 'neglected' as a customer, know what I mean?
tho I guess there's a difference between commercial(this) and donation(DU).

*edit* oh! actually, that Turrican 2 soundtrack is done now, finally :P

Edited by hap (12/17/13 06:00 PM)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#318863 - 12/17/13 06:06 PM

Some of the situation is my fault, being overly excited and needing news content and then announcing his purchases before he dumped them assuming he would get them done quickly. That won't happen again. If I announce stuff, even if nobody paid toward it, they feel like they are owed it. But for stuff that people donated toward, that stuff needs to be dumped as quickly as possible.

hap
Send PM

#318864 - 12/17/13 06:09 PM

aye, you need to be wary where to place the line though. People want to see great news as early as possible and it increases DU publicity, and at the other end you'd have to be careful setting high expectations.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#318865 - 12/17/13 06:12 PM

I think I'm going to mostly fall back on the safe position because it sometimes takes so long for people to dump stuff these days, and not just Shoutime. If you want to be more up to date on purchases (not completed dumps) I'd be happy to add you to the DU list, just PM me.

ShouTime
PCB Collector
Reged: 11/25/11
Loc: Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Send PM

#318876 - 12/18/13 04:19 AM

> Thanks for replying! Yes, I understand that you're busy, and of course I'm glad that
> you dumped so many games. That's not my main point though. The thing is, when money
> comes along, it's getting a bit hard not to feel bummed out if nothing comes out of
> it after a donation (or very long delay).
>
> Take for example this one:
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chris-huelsbeck/turrican-soundtrack-anthology-by-chris-huelsbeck
> Last I've read, that project is still not finished, the project has not met my
> expectations and I feel 'neglected' as a customer, know what I mean?
> tho I guess there's a difference between commercial(this) and donation(DU).
>
> *edit* oh! actually, that Turrican 2 soundtrack is done now, finally :P

I get what you're saying and you have every right to air your opinion as does anyone else who gives a donation. Anyone can PM me at anytime.

I've backed a ton of stuff on Kickstarter and various minor game communities across arcade, console and PC. I get frustrated when there is no news as well (especially for a certain Atari PC 8-bit project at the moment). I just received my Game Stick yesterday after waiting forever...

Dumped: 3on3 DUNK MADNESS US, A.B. Cop JP, AIR INFERNO JP, AquaJack US, BATTLE SHARK Joystick, CRACKIN' DJ PART 2 JP, DOUBLE AXLE DX US, ENFORCE W, GP RIDER JP, GUN SURVIVOR 2 JP/W, GUNBUSTER US, GUNHARD, HANG PILOT US, Ikari III JP, JET WAVE JP, Last Survivor, MARS TV JP, MAZAN US, NINJA ASSAULT JP/W, OutRunners JP, Panic ROAD DE, PUNCH-OUT!! JP, Radirgy Ver. A, SPACE GUN JP/US, STARBLADE W, SUPER RANGER DE, SUZUKA 8 Hours 2 JP, TERRA FORCE JP, THUNDER ZONE JP, Western Express JP

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

Re: DU Fund Raizing new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#318900 - 12/18/13 03:40 PM

> I'm a big fan of Japanese versions and Japan-only releases. It's much appreciated.

same here. you can see it by viewing My MAME Favorites.

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: DU Fund Raizing -closed new [Re: Smitdogg]
#318919 - 12/18/13 09:54 PM Attachment: applause.gif 100 KB (0 downloads)

--
Shoutime can get a pcb of "Oh! Bakyuun" (the Japan version of Ghoul Panic). If you aren't familiar with it, it's Point Blank type of shooting game on System 12 with a ghoul/ghost theme created by Raizing in 1999.

Update 2: We won the Naomi game

Thanks to:
rtw
balrog
f205v
Shoutime
ghoolster
Mucci
Mooglyguy

This is all done and closed out.
--

Mucho thanks there.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#318920 - 12/18/13 10:08 PM

>I recently came in contact with a collector who has the original Japanese OutRun using a
>battery backed up FD1089 that is undumped. That will be more of a priority for me as it
>is not in my hands and requires the assistance of others to get it dumped.

Good work there helping preserve regional versions of games using FD1094 and FD1089 not yet preserved.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Naomi game new [Re: Smitdogg]
#319064 - 12/20/13 08:43 PM

rhythm tengoku

There are vids on YouTube.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4130