MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Kale: Stalling Till Infinity... (Model 2 WIP)
#324824 - 04/17/14 06:47 AM

Kale: Stalling Till Infinity... (Model 2 WIP)

- Stiletto

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Kale: Stalling Till Infinity... (Model 2 WIP) new [Re: Stiletto]
#324829 - 04/17/14 07:34 AM

Very nice!

fortuna_chan
Por que yo hablo español muy bien.
Reged: 06/01/08
Send PM

#324830 - 04/17/14 07:35 AM

Virtua cop partially work, and Virtua striker with teams and graphics, nice, is a great advance

Closed Account
Reged: 10/16/07
Send PM

Re: Kale: Stalling Till Infinity... (Model 2 WIP) new [Re: fortuna_chan]
#324836 - 04/17/14 11:36 AM

About time! Model 2 need an attention. Good job!

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

#324837 - 04/17/14 12:33 PM

So glad it's finally getting the attention it deserves

http://www.youtube.com/retrorepair

Ramirez
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/06/10
Loc: Brasil
Send PM

#324838 - 04/17/14 12:56 PM

Awesome.

rad_killer
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/11/09
Loc: PL
Send PM

#324840 - 04/17/14 01:14 PM

Great, because my hope was almost gone!

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

#324842 - 04/17/14 01:28 PM

roughly 10 years after Model2 emu first release was out....god...is it already that long....

good work

Cyberzinho Punk
Reged: 12/31/09
Loc: São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil
Send PM

#324870 - 04/18/14 01:53 AM Attachment: good_job.jpeg 6 KB (3 downloads)

Good job!

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Sorry, my English is bad!!!
Slackware Linux 14.2 beta 2/Fluxbox 1.3.7
Linux user #438128
MAME for Slackware

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Model 2 WIP - extra credits new [Re: Stiletto]
#324909 - 04/18/14 08:24 PM

..for any of the long time emulation followers that remember the 2002 April Fools joke that Gridle had pulled with Model 2 wip update on old MAME.net web site.

For those that had never visited old MAME.net web site, the site maintainer "Santeri S. / Gridle" would type up MAME wip moments so users could see what was completed over a few days and maybe what to expect in a future MAME release. For April Fools day in 2001 Gridle did a light-hearted wip update that made fun of MAMEdevs, but it was clever and well done without getting users upset.

For April Fools day MAME wip update in 2002, Gridle had posted a Model 2 emulation update that showed 'doctored' images of Model 2 games running in MAME. The chat forums were filled with lots of over-excited fans waiting to try Model 2 emulation in a future release of MAME. When it was discovered later in the day that it was an April Fools prank by Gridle, there were several upset "kidz" that were dismayed that it was a joke by Gridle. A few posted swearing so the forum had to be cleaned up with a few posts having to be deleted.

Model 2 games were not emulated until another few more years had passed...maybe around 2004 or 2005 iirc.

I thought it was a clever April Fools stunt that Gridle pulled in 2002, but not a surprise that some users were to react like that regarding the 2002 April Fools prank of Model 2 being emulated because in 2001 when CPS-2 was first emulated by using XOR files created by Razoola there was huge excitment because an emulator "finalburn" was running some of the CPS-2 games. When the author (Dave) decided to stop doing any more supporting of CPS-2 games, the "kidz" just went nuts with the usual "internet-type" threats on Dave and any others involved with emulator "finalburn" back around spring 2001.

Glad that is now ancient history and most of the "spastic troublemaker kidz" back then have long left and moved on.

rad_killer
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/11/09
Loc: PL
Send PM

Re: Model 2 WIP - extra credits new [Re: gregf]
#324917 - 04/18/14 10:06 PM

> ..for any of the long time emulation followers that remember the 2002 April Fools
> joke that Gridle had pulled with Model 2 wip update on old MAME.net web site.
>
>
>
>
> For those that had never visited old MAME.net web site, the site maintainer "Santeri
> S. / Gridle" would type up MAME wip moments so users could see what was completed
> over a few days and maybe what to expect in a future MAME release. For April Fools
> day in 2001 Gridle did a light-hearted wip update that made fun of MAMEdevs, but it
> was clever and well done without getting users upset.
>
> For April Fools day MAME wip update in 2002, Gridle had posted a Model 2 emulation
> update that showed 'doctored' images of Model 2 games running in MAME. The chat
> forums were filled with lots of over-excited fans waiting to try Model 2 emulation in
> a future release of MAME. When it was discovered later in the day that it was an
> April Fools prank by Gridle, there were several upset "kidz" that were dismayed that
> it was a joke by Gridle. A few posted swearing so the forum had to be cleaned up with
> a few posts having to be deleted.
>
> Model 2 games were not emulated until another few more years had passed...maybe
> around 2004 or 2005 iirc.
>
> I thought it was a clever April Fools stunt that Gridle pulled in 2002, but not a
> surprise that some users were to react like that regarding the 2002 April Fools prank
> of Model 2 being emulated because in 2001 when CPS-2 was first emulated by using XOR
> files created by Razoola there was huge excitment because an emulator "finalburn" was
> running some of the CPS-2 games. When the author (Dave) decided to stop doing any
> more supporting of CPS-2 games, the "kidz" just went nuts with the usual
> "internet-type" threats on Dave and any others involved with emulator "finalburn"
> back around spring 2001.
>
> Glad that is now ancient history and most of the "spastic troublemaker kidz" back
> then have long left and moved on.

I remember that very well (yes, I'm so old...).
It seems, that only hardcore emu fans left

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#324938 - 04/19/14 05:19 AM

> I thought it was a clever April Fools stunt that Gridle pulled in 2002, but not a
> surprise that some users were to react like that regarding the 2002 April Fools prank
> of Model 2 being emulated because in 2001 when CPS-2 was first emulated by using XOR
> files created by Razoola there was huge excitment because an emulator "finalburn" was
> running some of the CPS-2 games. When the author (Dave) decided to stop doing any
> "internet-type" threats on Dave and any others involved with emulator "finalburn"
>
> Glad that is now ancient history and most of the "spastic troublemaker kidz" back

I wonder where all those "spastic troublemaker kidz" went.

*imagines the spastic troublemaker kidz in a dead-end office cubicle job going "WHERE'Z MAH MODEL 2 EMULATIONZ!?!*

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Model 2 WIP - extra credits new [Re: Master O]
#324940 - 04/19/14 05:30 AM

> I wonder where all those "spastic troublemaker kidz" went.

I'm told you've scared them all off

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#324946 - 04/19/14 08:22 AM

>> I thought it was a clever April Fools stunt that Gridle pulled in 2002, but not a
>> surprise that some users were to react like that regarding the 2002 April Fools prank
>> of Model 2 being emulated because in 2001 when CPS-2 was first emulated by using XOR
>> files created by Razoola there was huge excitment because an emulator "finalburn" was
>> running some of the CPS-2 games. When the author (Dave) decided to stop doing any
>> more supporting of CPS-2 games, the "kidz" just went nuts with the usual
>> "internet-type" threats on Dave and any others involved with emulator "finalburn"
>> back around spring 2001.
>>
>> Glad that is now ancient history and most of the "spastic troublemaker kidz" back
>> then have long left and moved on.

>*imagines the spastic troublemaker kidz in a dead-end office cubicle job going "WHERE'Z >MAH MODEL 2 EMULATIONZ!?!*

>I wonder where all those "spastic troublemaker kidz" went.

Unless any of them have already abandoned ship, maybe they're still stuck somewhere on ztnet server Retrogames.com forums? *kidding*

I liked and occasionally posted on forums there, but the MAME.net forums continually kept getting either "when will CPS-2 be emulated?" or "where find CPS-2 roms?" every other day. And even after Haze opened up a dedicated CPS-2 forum to draw that crowd away from MAME.net, there would still be occasional same CPS-2 questions showing up on old MAME.net forums. twisty did a good job filtering out and preventing that stuff from happening on MW forums.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Model 2 WIP - extra credits new [Re: rad_killer]
#324955 - 04/19/14 12:09 PM

>>..for any of the long time emulation followers that remember the 2002 April Fools
>> joke that Gridle had pulled with Model 2 wip update on old MAME.net web site.

>I remember that very well (yes, I'm so old...).

There should be a few others here that might remeber the 2002 April Fools stunt that Gridle did. I still prefer the 2001 April Fools that Gridle did, but Gridle did do a good job fooling users into believing Model 2 was emulated at the time.

>It seems, that only hardcore emu fans left

And maybe a couple from the 1960s/1970s arcade era that played games back then waiting around for Nutting's Computer Space to be emulated before they can retire from the emu-scene.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#324961 - 04/19/14 03:38 PM

I've been around this scene since early '99 so, yea...

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Quantum Leaper
OCRer and Monkey Typist for Galaxy Game
Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Orion spiral arm of the Milky Way
Send PM

#324970 - 04/19/14 11:12 PM

> ..for any of the long time emulation followers that remember the 2002 April Fools
>
I don't really remember that, but I have been around since before MAME was MAME, if you understand what I mean. I have gone from a P75 to Core 2 and now I have to get my New one running, should be a nice boost in speed. My old P75 didn't run Mame at 100% but very close, other emulators did run it at 100% though.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Model 2 WIP - extra credits new [Re: B2K24]
#324982 - 04/20/14 05:02 AM

> > I wonder where all those "spastic troublemaker kidz" went.
>
> I'm told you've scared them all off

I did? This is news to me!

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#324983 - 04/20/14 05:09 AM

> *imagines the spastic troublemaker kidz in a dead-end office cubicle job going
> "WHERE'Z MAH MODEL 2 EMULATIONZ!?!*

I nearly choked on my drink, damn you.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#325003 - 04/20/14 07:34 PM

> I wonder where all those "spastic troublemaker kidz" went.

They got smart and grew up. Meanwhile, the rest of us are still here

S

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Model 2 WIP - extra credits new [Re: Sune]
#325004 - 04/20/14 08:27 PM

>>I wonder where all those "spastic troublemaker kidz" went.

>They got smart and grew up.

Grew up.....yes.......got smart....I doubt it.

>Meanwhile, the rest of us are still here.

....waiting for Kee Games Quiz Show to be finally emulated.... *kidding*

But it would be good to see Quiz Show eventually emulated imo since I did play it once or twice back in mid 1970s. I believe Quiz Show is the last cpu based game yet to be emulated that I actually played when it was common in arcades during 1970s. MAME has already emulated every other cpu based game from either 1970s or 1980s that I had played in arcades.

There are still a number of cpu based games from early 1980s not yet emulated, but I am only counting what I had played myself in arcades and other businesses back in those days of 1970s and 1980s.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Model 2 WIP - extra credits new [Re: Quantum Leaper]
#325005 - 04/20/14 08:43 PM

>> ..for any of the long time emulation followers that remember the 2002 April Fools
>>joke that Gridle had pulled with Model 2 wip update on old MAME.net web site.

>I don't really remember that, but I have been around since before MAME was MAME, if you understand what I mean.

I first visited old MAME.net site in May 2000. It was probably first visiting there after discovering about on line emulation web sites a week prior to first visiting old MAME.net site.

I recall Gridle doing a 2001 April Fools and doing April Fools in 2002 of WIP updates and that was it. iirc Stiletto had posted of being disappointed about not being able to save the 2001 April Fools wip update. ;-) I remember that since Stiletto is good at saving stuff. I should have done that myself, but never thought about it since I assumed Santeri (Gridle) would save it, but that didn't happen.

The main part (of old MAME.net) I regret was not contacting someone that was an occasional poster on old MAME.net forums and who absolutely knew the ins-and-outs of 1960s/1970s video games, mechanical games, wall games. The person posted a few times during 2000 and didn't post after 2000. The poster provided good details of some of the 1970s games at the time, but his posts kept getting drowned out by all the CPS-2 kiddie posts. I know it wasn't Al Kossow or other previous Devs, but I am certain it had to be someone that actually worked in arcades during 1960s and 1970s years.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Model 2 WIP - extra credits new [Re: URherenow]
#325006 - 04/20/14 08:51 PM

>I've been around this scene since early '99 so, yea...

I guess I would have been guilty of being one of the kiddie posters asking when will Atari System 1 (especially Marble Madness) be emulated had I visited in 1998 or 1999. I was amazed at what was already done when first visiting old MAME.net site in May 2000.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Kale: Stalling Till Infinity... (Model 2 WIP) new [Re: Cyberzinho Punk]
#325222 - 04/26/14 03:03 AM

> Good job!

Good job indeed.

Meanwhile, the MMA contest has been moved here:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

(Not to be a spoil sport, but this is the News board ).

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

MichaelMichael54321
Cautious Forum Poster
Reged: 01/19/13
Loc: U.S.A
Send PM

#326801 - 06/11/14 03:42 AM

Sorry for late reply, but great to see some progress in Model 2 driver.

What? There's nothing here to say.

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

#326849 - 06/12/14 10:51 AM

>
>
>
>
> For those that had never visited old MAME.net web site, the site maintainer "Santeri
> S. / Gridle" would type up MAME wip moments so users could see what was completed
> over a few days and maybe what to expect in a future MAME release. For April Fools
> day in 2001 Gridle did a light-hearted wip update that made fun of MAMEdevs, but it
> was clever and well done without getting users upset.
>
> For April Fools day MAME wip update in 2002, Gridle had posted a Model 2 emulation
> update that showed 'doctored' images of Model 2 games running in MAME. The chat
> forums were filled with lots of over-excited fans waiting to try Model 2 emulation in
> a future release of MAME. When it was discovered later in the day that it was an
> April Fools prank by Gridle, there were several upset "kidz" that were dismayed that
> it was a joke by Gridle. A few posted swearing so the forum had to be cleaned up with
> a few posts having to be deleted.
>
> Model 2 games were not emulated until another few more years had passed...maybe
> around 2004 or 2005 iirc.
>
>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can I ask you a question? How do you remember all this with such vivid detail? I had forgotten about those days on the Retrogames forums until you just brought it up. What ever happened to Raz and Dave?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5031