MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Kronbong
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/09/14
Send PM

Building Mame Arcade Cabinent (Joystick Not Working)
#335045 - 12/10/14 10:50 AM

Hello I recently picked up an old arcade machine with the hopes to run mame on it from my computer. After doing a little research I purchased a PC to JAMMA board thinking this was what i needed. I Plugged in the board, replacing the old board I attached the board to my pc and the light comes on. I read up that joysticks and buttons should now mimic certain keyboard buttons but i see no feedback in windows or in mame. Is there specific software I need to download or should I purchase a different board like the ultimarc usb. I have posted pictures aswell of the boards and joysticks.

bodger319
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/23/06
Send PM

Re: Building Mame Arcade Cabinent (Joystick Not Working) new [Re: Kronbong]
#335059 - 12/10/14 08:01 PM

I´m not familiar with the board you are using but the results of 5 minutes googling strongly suggest it is a PC2JAMMA which cannot convert the joystick inputs into signals the PC will recognise. You would need extra circuitry hacking into the JAMMA harness and also hacking a keyboard to get this functionality.
I believe you would have been better off going for the Ultimarc J-PAC for what you are trying to achieve.

Regards

Kronbong
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Building Mame Arcade Cabinent (Joystick Not Working) new [Re: bodger319]
#335155 - 12/15/14 12:54 PM

Thank you for your reply I sort of realised this would be the problem. So if I purchase the Ultimarc jpac board will any other equipment be needed?. I will be running everything off the computer (screen and speakers not using the existing hardware) and want the joysticks and buttons purely as a peripheral.

bodger319
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/23/06
Send PM

Re: Building Mame Arcade Cabinent (Joystick Not Working) new [Re: Kronbong]
#335160 - 12/15/14 09:35 PM

As you are not going to be using the arcade monitor but only the joysticks and buttons, a cheaper option would be to go for the I-PAC 2. Almost half the price of a J-PAC.
Just desolder the relevant wires from the JAMMA connector on the cabinet, or alternatively snip them and trim back the insulation if you do not have a soldering iron, and screw them into the corresponding terminals on the I-PAC.

Kronbong
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Building Mame Arcade Cabinent (Joystick Not Working) new [Re: bodger319]
#335372 - 12/22/14 04:47 PM

Thanks bodger greatly appreciated.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2528