http://www.kraut-buster.com/

azoreseuropa
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/03/15
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: Smitdogg]
#339070 - 04/18/15 08:38 PM

> http://www.kraut-buster.com/

It is like Metal Slug. I can't wait! Thanks for the news.

AKUMA™
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/14
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: azoreseuropa]
#339072 - 04/18/15 09:54 PM

> > http://www.kraut-buster.com/
>
> It is like Metal Slug. I can't wait! Thanks for the news.

"Like" Metal Slug? This is Metal Slug, just with redrawn graphics, if you ask me. I'd be surprised if they don't get sued by SNK Playmore for the amount of similarities there are in this game.

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: AKUMA™]
#339073 - 04/19/15 01:58 AM

> > > http://www.kraut-buster.com/
> >
> > It is like Metal Slug. I can't wait! Thanks for the news.
>
> "Like" Metal Slug? This is Metal Slug, just with redrawn graphics, if you ask me. I'd
> be surprised if they don't get sued by SNK Playmore for the amount of similarities
> there are in this game.

Yiiikes, yep, hard to refute this ....

All I could think when I saw the 1st screen shot was "Oh, George... not the livestock" ....

Moose

mangamuscle
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/31/05
Send PM

#339074 - 04/19/15 02:23 AM

> >
>
> "Like" Metal Slug? This is Metal Slug, just with redrawn graphics, if you ask me. I'd
> be surprised if they don't get sued by SNK Playmore for the amount of similarities

AFAIK you can't copyright or trademark or patent the mechanics of a game, you can only sue if they rip and use the original sprites or the backgrounds or the source code, otherwise you can make a copycat and avoid getting sued. Maybe they can prevent this from being sold inside Japan, where laws are more restrictive.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#339076 - 04/19/15 03:09 AM

Looks lame and unfunny TBH. I'd respect NGDEVTEAM more if they actually had some original ideas.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: mangamuscle]
#339079 - 04/19/15 04:36 AM

> AFAIK you can't copyright or trademark or patent the mechanics of a game, you can
> only sue if they rip and use the original sprites or the backgrounds or the source
> code, otherwise you can make a copycat and avoid getting sued. Maybe they can prevent
> this from being sold inside Japan, where laws are more restrictive.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/patented-game-mechanics-that-might-surprise-you/1100-6369027/

I have yet to see the game in action, however it really looks like Metal Slug code running different tiles.

mangamuscle
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: BIOS-D]
#339080 - 04/19/15 08:49 AM

> > AFAIK you can't copyright or trademark or patent the mechanics of a game, you can
> > only sue if they rip and use the original sprites or the backgrounds or the source
> > code, otherwise you can make a copycat and avoid getting sued. Maybe they can
> prevent
> > this from being sold inside Japan, where laws are more restrictive.
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/articles/patented-game-mechanics-that-might-surprise-you/1100-6369027/
>
> I have yet to see the game in action, however it really looks like Metal Slug code
> running different tiles.

and the Magic The Gathering mechanic where you tap your card was patented, but that does not change the fact that you cannot patent a game, otherwise there plethora of clones of popular games would have never seen the light of day.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: mangamuscle]
#339085 - 04/19/15 12:43 PM

> and the Magic The Gathering mechanic where you tap your card was patented, but that
> does not change the fact that you cannot patent a game, otherwise there plethora of
> clones of popular games would have never seen the light of day.

You said and I quote "AFAIK you can't copyright or trademark or patent the mechanics of a game", the link was only to show you actually can. Now you pretend you always knew, but the truth is if Wizards of the Coast wanted they could sue or "cease and desist" anyone if the feel like doing it because of that. Same applies to any patented game mechanic. The game may exist and be published, but it doesn't stop the possibility of getting sued. On the other hand I doubt SNK Playmore has a patent filled about it.

But really, the game looks like a level edited Metal Slug code running different graphic ROMs.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

#339087 - 04/19/15 02:15 PM

Instead of suing NG:DEV.Team, SNK Playmore should think about developing/releasing Metal Slug 8 for PC(Steam)/PS4/XBone since every fun of Slug series awaiting for a new MS !!!
The same thing with Capcom and (NOT) releasing/developing a new MegaMan ! Meanwhile Mighty No.9(exact as Megaman !) IS happening !

P.S. NG:DEV.Team also released GunLord... ...Khm! Blatant copy of Turrican and nothing happens !

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

#339088 - 04/19/15 02:42 PM

Kraut Buster LOL I can see this game being popular in Germany

Arcade Addict

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: CTOJAH]
#339089 - 04/19/15 04:35 PM

> Instead of suing NGEV.Team, SNK Playmore should think about developing/releasing
> Metal Slug 8 for PC(Steam)/PS4/XBone since every fun of Slug series awaiting for a
> new MS !!!
> The same thing with Capcom and (NOT) releasing/developing a new MegaMan ! Meanwhile
> Mighty No.9(exact as Megaman !) IS happening !
>
> P.S. NGEV.Team also released GunLord... ...Khm! Blatant copy of Turrican and nothing
> happens !

Why bother making a new one when they can get DotEmu to make shitty Android to Windows ports of their games for a quick buck?

mangamuscle
MAME Fan
Send PM

#339095 - 04/19/15 06:59 PM

> > and the Magic The Gathering mechanic where you tap your card was patented, but that
> > does not change the fact that you cannot patent a game, otherwise there plethora of
> > clones of popular games would have never seen the light of day.
>
> You said and I quote "AFAIK you can't copyright or trademark or patent the mechanics
> of a game", the link was only to show you actually can. Now you pretend you always
> knew, but the truth is if Wizards of the Coast wanted they could sue or "cease and
> desist" anyone if the feel like doing it because of that.

That is why I said mechanics (plural). Game companies can patent at most one feature of their games in the hope of making it unique, but copycats can simply not use said mechanic or use something similar but different. As for suing, big game companies can sue small companies like this one out of existence even it is plain to see that the law is not on their side, remember what happened with Bleem! Playmore would sue if they could get money out of this, which obviously not the case.

azoreseuropa
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/03/15
Send PM

#339099 - 04/19/15 10:26 PM

> >
>

But what the heck.. I am going to play it just for fun!

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Still Metal Slug. Just saying. lol new [Re: Smitdogg]
#339104 - 04/20/15 03:08 AM

On what I seen on that snapshot. http://www.kraut-buster.com/screens.html

Just a little different.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

JustNiz
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/29/15
Send PM

#339116 - 04/20/15 07:44 PM

Even as a person from a country that got pounded by the Nazis in WW2, I'm disgusted that this long after WW2 someone still thinks that such a racist title and low-brow, tasteless insult to Germans is not only acceptable but even funny.

I refuse to buy games like this that make money by taking cheap shots at groups of people. Same reason I won't ever buy GTA because of its assumptions that physically abusing women (even prostitutes) is 'fun' and even something to be rewarded.

Are the developers of these games really so low in standards and so poor in imagination that they can't come up with anything better than this?

Edited by JustNiz (04/20/15 08:05 PM)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: JustNiz]
#339120 - 04/20/15 08:29 PM

> I refuse to buy games like this that make money by taking cheap shots at groups of
> people. Same reason I won't ever buy GTA because of its assumptions that physically
> abusing women (even prostitutes) is 'fun' and even something to be rewarded.

Oooh, oooh, I know a fun game, let's play "spot the person who has never played GTA before in their life"! It's the sequel to last year's smash hit, "spot the hypocrite who's perfectly fine with brutal violence against men as long as no women are involved".

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#339122 - 04/20/15 08:47 PM

> Oooh, oooh, I know a fun game, let's play "spot the person who has never played GTA
> before in their life"! It's the sequel to last year's smash hit, "spot the hypocrite
> who's perfectly fine with brutal violence against men as long as no women are
> involved".

Yeah, there's, what, all of one instance of player-controlled violence against women in the entire story mode? (breaking the Subcontinental guy out of the IAA for the FIB, about half the G-Men you have to shoot are women). Plus one accident the player can't control (the Firefly homage) and one off-screen perp'ed by an NPC (Trevor, when you aren't controlling him).

Back to the topic, I do think "Kraut Buster" is a bit over the top; it's very much still used by older Americans as an ethnic slur, if not as strong of one as the N-word.

rtw
lurker
Reged: 09/27/05
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: R. Belmont]
#339127 - 04/20/15 09:18 PM

> Back to the topic, I do think "Kraut Buster" is a bit over the top; it's very much
> still used by older Americans as an ethnic slur, if not as strong of one as the
> N-word.

The irony is that NGDEV are Germans

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: rtw]
#339134 - 04/20/15 10:57 PM

> The irony is that NGDEV are Germans

The irony is that Germany has companies like Daimler-Benz and Volkswagen that are focused on making a high-quality product available across a wide range of price brackets, and NGDEV specialize in anything but these two things. Not really living up to y'all's heritage, guys. I wonder how long it'll be before they rip off Puzzle Bobble.

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#339137 - 04/21/15 01:33 AM

>I wonder how long it'll be before they rip off Puzzle Bobble.

LOL, and they might call it something like:
"Kraut Bobble" ?
"Puzzle Kraut" ?
"Pop Goes the Kraut" ?

Moose

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: New Neo-Geo game being developed "KRAUT BUSTER" new [Re: Moose]
#339142 - 04/21/15 02:17 AM

> > I wonder how long it'll be before they rip off Puzzle Bobble.
>
> LOL, and they might call it something like:
> "Kraut Bobble" ?
> "Puzzle Kraut" ?
> "Pop Goes the Kraut" ?

Pretzel Blubbern!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4741