View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

DreamAuthentics
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/05/12
Send PM

Mameworld graphical facelift coming...
#343240 - 07/31/15 11:59 PM

Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a summer of gaming. This is just a message to announce that we will be experimenting with some different site graphics adjustments in the upcoming weeks. The site changes will not affect the site operation or forums - just aesthetic in nature. We will be attempting to "clean up" the front page layout a bit and mostly moving the content on the sides to a single drop down menu on the top. We are doing these changes for several reasons including the ability to have the site be more "responsive" on numerous devices that are popular such as tablets and phones - in order to do this we need to move things around a bit and do some cleaning up. As always, I welcome any feedback - please send me a PM through the site. Looking forward to modernizing the site a bit and stay tuned for some forthcoming initiatives aimed at driving more traffic to our site and community. www.mameworld.info

Game On!

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: DreamAuthentics]
#343273 - 08/01/15 06:07 PM

I really hope you're referring to some site hosted on MAMEWorld and not MAMEWorld itself. "Mobile" versions of sites are fucking cancer, and the site itself is perfectly navigable on even a pretty shitty phone.

Toe-Knee
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#343275 - 08/01/15 06:30 PM

> I really hope you're referring to some site hosted on MAMEWorld and not MAMEWorld
> itself. "Mobile" versions of sites are fucking cancer, and the site itself is
> perfectly navigable on even a pretty shitty phone.

Someone at my workplace does SEO and told me that Google is pretty much forcing people to make mobile versions. If they don't they will be penalized and down-ranked in search results (or something to that effect)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: Toe-Knee]
#343276 - 08/01/15 07:52 PM

> > I really hope you're referring to some site hosted on MAMEWorld and not MAMEWorld
> > itself. "Mobile" versions of sites are fucking cancer, and the site itself is
> > perfectly navigable on even a pretty shitty phone.
>
> Someone at my workplace does SEO and told me that Google is pretty much forcing
> people to make mobile versions. If they don't they will be penalized and down-ranked
> in search results (or something to that effect)

A popular, hip site like MAMEWorld being down-ranked on Google? Why, that would be terrible.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#343284 - 08/02/15 12:20 AM

> Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a summer of gaming. This is just a
> message to announce that we will be experimenting with some different site graphics
> adjustments in the upcoming weeks. The site changes will not affect the site
> operation or forums - just aesthetic in nature. We will be attempting to "clean up"
> the front page layout a bit and mostly moving the content on the sides to a single
> drop down menu on the top. We are doing these changes for several reasons including
> the ability to have the site be more "responsive" on numerous devices that are
> popular such as tablets and phones - in order to do this we need to move things
> around a bit and do some cleaning up. As always, I welcome any feedback - please send
> me a PM through the site. Looking forward to modernizing the site a bit and stay
> tuned for some forthcoming initiatives aimed at driving more traffic to our site and
> community. www.mameworld.info
>
> Game On!

Wait.

There's a website attached to this forum?

jordanrom
Reged: 01/10/05
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: Foxhack]
#343287 - 08/02/15 03:40 AM

> There's a website attached to this forum?

Exactly. What website? When I enter http://www.mameworld.com it redirects to the Ultimarc website...

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: jordanrom]
#343288 - 08/02/15 05:13 AM

> > There's a website attached to this forum?
>
> Exactly. What website? When I enter http://www.mameworld.com it redirects to the
> Ultimarc website...

It sent me to Ultimarc as well.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Toe-Knee
Send PM

#343289 - 08/02/15 06:12 AM

> > > I really hope you're referring to some site hosted on MAMEWorld and not MAMEWorld
> > > itself. "Mobile" versions of sites are fucking cancer, and the site itself is
> > > perfectly navigable on even a pretty shitty phone.
> >
> > Someone at my workplace does SEO and told me that Google is pretty much forcing
> > people to make mobile versions. If they don't they will be penalized and
> down-ranked
> > in search results (or something to that effect)
>
> A popular, hip site like MAMEWorld being down-ranked on Google? Why, that would be
> terrible.

Haha well I'm just mentioning it like that It's not as if 99.9% of people on here don't have this site bookmarked anyway

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: jordanrom]
#343291 - 08/02/15 07:15 AM

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

#343292 - 08/02/15 07:21 AM

I always felt the site just cried out for a tiger skin pattern in the background, myself.

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: Robbbert]
#343296 - 08/02/15 09:54 AM

> > > There's a website attached to this forum?
> >
> > Exactly. What website? When I enter http://www.mameworld.com it redirects to the
> > Ultimarc website...
>
> Umm, try www.mameworld.info ? Not so obvious it seems..

I've been using the info domain for a while. I was just trying to make a stupid joke.

haynor666
Reged: 05/06/06
Loc: Tarnobrzeg/Poland
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: Foxhack]
#343298 - 08/02/15 11:44 AM

I hope You are going to split site to mobile and standard version, not forcing layout to be mobile friendly. Some time ago mobygames had this experiment and ended very bad.

BTW. Maybe it's time to clean up frontends section, dev wip and finally build/ports.

xBEMANIxGIRLx
Reged: 10/07/14
Loc: UK
Send PM

#343398 - 08/04/15 12:21 AM

Good luck with the new website. Web design is harder than dark souls

Remember, Style over substance !

GPU : GeForce GTX 780Ti
CPU : Intel(R)Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Memory : 16.00 GB RAM (15.94GB usable)
Current Resolution : 1920x1080, 60Hz
Driver Version : 353.62
Operating System : Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#343437 - 08/04/15 03:43 PM

> > I really hope you're referring to some site hosted on MAMEWorld and not MAMEWorld
> > itself. "Mobile" versions of sites are fucking cancer, and the site itself is
>
> Someone at my workplace does SEO and told me that Google is pretty much forcing
> people to make mobile versions. If they don't they will be penalized and down-ranked

Fuck Google - it's a polluted cesspool of a search engine anyway. Accepting payment for ranking = revoltingly rigged search results that have zero relevance for what you are actually searching for. Chock full of scam sites for most search terms. And it is getting worse every day.

Bring back HotBot ...... Even AltaVista in its prime .....

Ah well, DuckDuckGo ain't too bad .....

Moose

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#343439 - 08/04/15 04:28 PM

>

That would explain the recent plague of sites that formerly worked perfectly on my iPad now defaulting to a single-column "mobile" layout on it, even in landscape orientation. I can't quite express how dumb that looks. It's OK-ish on phones in portrait orientation, but it's awful on tablets.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#343481 - 08/05/15 02:21 PM

The fact that you are not only tinkering with the site live, but also openly soliciting feedback, says all I need to know about how this will end.

> Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a summer of gaming. This is just a
> message to announce that we will be experimenting with some different site graphics
> operation or forums - just aesthetic in nature. We will be attempting to "clean up"
> the front page layout a bit and mostly moving the content on the sides to a single
> drop down menu on the top. We are doing these changes for several reasons including
> the ability to have the site be more "responsive" on numerous devices that are
> popular such as tablets and phones - in order to do this we need to move things
> around a bit and do some cleaning up. As always, I welcome any feedback - please send
> me a PM through the site. Looking forward to modernizing the site a bit and stay
> tuned for some forthcoming initiatives aimed at driving more traffic to our site and
>
> Game On!

McHale
Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: BFE Illinois
Send PM

#343494 - 08/05/15 06:35 PM

>
> Game On!

So far, I like it. I do NOT like the white background however. Bringing back the blue would make me and others very happy.

That is all...

-Mc

DreamAuthentics
MAME Fan
Send PM

#343496 - 08/05/15 08:16 PM

Yes, thanks for all the feedback. We are reading and taking notes.

This is an iterative, organic process that in the end will site test off live user traffic and data to provide the best possible layout for the site. As has been mentioned in this thread, one of the big pushes for this optimization is the latest Google algorithms as well as future changes. Whenever Google makes new changes and requirements our site will be compliant and keep us in Google's best graces. This obviously includes mobile, phone and tablet versions which are being optimized at the same time.

So please see the "excuse the construction" sign that is currently up as the site is being optimized for long-term benefit for all.

Thanks everyone for their patience.

Procyon
StrategyWiki.org operator
Reged: 02/07/04
Send PM

#343539 - 08/06/15 03:36 PM

So... are you pretty much just throwing darts and putting ads wherever they land? Seriously, are you employing a random number generator to decide where they go? I get the need to advertise, but slapping them right in the middle of your article text is ridiculous.

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: haynor666]
#343550 - 08/06/15 08:45 PM

Quote:

dev wip and finally build/ports.

THIS

DreamAuthentics
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: Procyon]
#343613 - 08/07/15 06:07 PM

Without going into too many details it is an iterative service that compiles data from actual user traffic, where the best placement of ads are coupled with the new optimize google search algorithm data. This is something that starts out rough and gets better over time so now we don't have people just randomly changing things it is a cloud based server farm using data analytics and intelligence that systematically maps user interactions to optimize the site. Bottom line, please be patient while the site optimizes itself. Thanks!

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Send PM

#343616 - 08/07/15 06:33 PM

I think the trouble you have here, DA - is that the placement of ads is just about the least sexy aspect of the site you could imagine. You're never going to be able to sell ads and their placement to users, who'd rather not have them at all.

I don't use this site on a mobile device, so it's easy for me to say it's fine as it is.

On an unrelated note - why is there no place on the site to talk about the actual games?

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#343620 - 08/07/15 07:41 PM

> Without going into too many details it is an iterative service that compiles data
> from actual user traffic, where the best placement of ads are coupled with the new
> optimize google search algorithm data. This is something that starts out rough and
> gets better over time so now we don't have people just randomly changing things it is
> a cloud based server farm using data analytics and intelligence that systematically
> maps user interactions to optimize the site. Bottom line, please be patient while the
> site optimizes itself. Thanks!

No. I don't think anyone here owes you patience for what boils down to a mockery of SEO. If anyone is owed something, its an explanation to the site owners and users as to what you are really up to. I know you are not employing contract that incompetent, you've manage to stay in business too long for that.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#343657 - 08/08/15 06:52 AM

> Without going into too many details it is an iterative service that compiles data
> from actual user traffic, where the best placement of ads are coupled with the new
> optimize google search algorithm data. This is something that starts out rough and
> gets better over time so now we don't have people just randomly changing things it is
> a cloud based server farm using data analytics and intelligence that systematically
> maps user interactions to optimize the site. Bottom line, please be patient while the
> site optimizes itself. Thanks!

So you're trying to use a learning algorithm to maximise Google rank, ad impressions and ad clicks? What kind of shit is this? I think you just admitted you're killing the site.

MrV2K
Explainer in simple terms.
Reged: 04/23/04
Loc: SE, England
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: Vaughan]
#343660 - 08/08/15 11:05 AM

The new design makes the site look like one of those BS web domain place holders rather than a fan friendly hobby site. It looks like the main focus is getting add clicks rather than ease of access to quality content. The white design is terribly old fashioned and the layout is confusing.

If it was me, I'd move the ads into the header and/or footer divs and make them static. That will free the content (Which is the MOST important part!) to scroll independently.

I think DA need a big re-think on this as they're going to kill off a huge amount of traffic.

Regards

MrV2K

"I See Dead People!"

easyEmu

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: MrV2K]
#343661 - 08/08/15 12:04 PM

I link directly to the forum, so I don't actually know what the actual site used to look like. From what I'm getting right now I must say that my one comment would be: "Lacks personality". It all looks a bit - generic.

I also read the "Mission Statement", and the doubles my confusion. The Mission Statement is spot on - but the front page of the site doesn't in any way reflect it. Does it really reflect "fun"? I personally don't think so.

With a base of Mame the options for a nice retro site are almost boundless - instead they seem to have gone with a dull, colorless, flat page that lacks any kind of dynamic pull.

IMO, of course.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#343666 - 08/08/15 02:25 PM

> > Without going into too many details it is an iterative service that compiles data
> > from actual user traffic, where the best placement of ads are coupled with the new
> > optimize google search algorithm data. This is something that starts out rough and
> > gets better over time so now we don't have people just randomly changing things it
> is
> > a cloud based server farm using data analytics and intelligence that systematically
> > maps user interactions to optimize the site. Bottom line, please be patient while
> the
> > site optimizes itself. Thanks!
>
> So you're trying to use a learning algorithm to maximise Google rank, ad impressions
> and ad clicks? What kind of shit is this? I think you just admitted you're killing
> the site.
This site is paid for, right? So what right do they have to add in their own ads? Shouldn't any ad funds generated here go to MameWorld to begin with? I don't understand this crap.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: URherenow]
#343675 - 08/08/15 03:31 PM

> > > Without going into too many details it is an iterative service that compiles data
> > > from actual user traffic, where the best placement of ads are coupled with the
> new
> > > optimize google search algorithm data. This is something that starts out rough
> and
> > > gets better over time so now we don't have people just randomly changing things
> it
> > is
> > > a cloud based server farm using data analytics and intelligence that
> systematically
> > > maps user interactions to optimize the site. Bottom line, please be patient while
> > the
> > > site optimizes itself. Thanks!
> >
> > So you're trying to use a learning algorithm to maximise Google rank, ad
> impressions
> > and ad clicks? What kind of shit is this? I think you just admitted you're killing
> > the site.
> This site is paid for, right? So what right do they have to add in their own ads?
> Shouldn't any ad funds generated here go to MameWorld to begin with? I don't
> understand this crap.

He's basically reneging on many promises made when he offered to host the site. He hasnt been completey forthcoming about what the goal is either.

I expect the Full Foley. Bend over.

Dullaron
Send PM

Guys. new [Re: DreamAuthentics]
#343676 - 08/08/15 03:41 PM

Let him do his thing. No need to get all beating a dead horse up about it. So far use this one and there is no ads. http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/index.php?Cat=

If he killed the main page then whoop fucking do.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

SecretAgentMan
Loc: Illinois (Central)
Send PM

#343724 - 08/09/15 04:00 AM

What a steaming pile of crap.

"Go crazy, folks! Go crazy!"

Jack Buck

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: URherenow]
#343727 - 08/09/15 04:28 AM

> This site is paid for, right? So what right do they have to add in their own ads?
> Shouldn't any ad funds generated here go to MameWorld to begin with? I don't
> understand this crap.

Sites are never "paid for" as such. You have to keep paying for bandwidth, processing, storage, power, etc. needed to serve the site up. That would be a significant ongoing cost for MW. You offset that with advertising revenue, but if you make your advertising obnoxious you drive everyone away and get no revenue anyway.

DreamAuthentics
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#343762 - 08/09/15 10:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I have enjoyed reading different points of view.

Please understand since we took over the hosting we have spent several thousand dollars moving to the first hosting environment we had custom built for the site. Once it was obvious the site was outgrowing our hosting environment with traffic and bandwidth we paid another several thousand to move it over to Amazon Cloud hosting where it is now. There was an extensive migration to ensure everything went smoothly. When we moved it we did lots of performance tuning that I never heard anything but praise about the move and the site.

The monthly cost to host MW is *NOT*, repeat *NOT* covered by the main site advertisers. As you will see we still have a few open spots at the top not producing revenue and the monthly traffic numbers for the site before the facelift were declining because, in part, of the new Google Search algorithms. Any of the shortcoming dollars every month comes out of *MY* pocket personally.

One of the goals of this google/ad optimization is to implement a system where the site can pay for itself.

Please bear with this optimization for 30 days. At the end of 30 days if the majority is still not satisfied we can look at other alternatives that do not include advertising.

MEMBERS ONLY OPTION:
One option that we could examine is to have ZERO ADS and ZERO paid advertisers. We could convert to a MEMBERSHIP ONLY site where an annual membership fee pay for the hosting and ongoing maintenance and upkeep.

My main goal has always been to support the MAME community which is why I took over the additional time and large expense of hosting this site.

I want to be clear that I am as passionate now as I have ever been about the site and want to continue seeing it thrive and prosper and will continue doing so.

As many of you know who are in business - you need to continue trying things to find something that works. This is one of those times.

If we try this optimization for 30 days and it appears it is not working we need to examine other ways fund with no advertising and continue to improve the site.

Thanks again. If anyone would like to speak with me PERSONALLY about this you can always call the DA 800 number and we can have a productive conversation. I also am happy to hear any and all constructive, well-thought out ideas that help grow the site.

Thanks!

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#343764 - 08/10/15 12:08 AM

> Please understand since we took over the hosting we have spent several thousand
> dollars moving to the first hosting environment we had custom built for the site.

Several thousand dollars, amortized over just how many years, and how many months? Give us actual numbers, because I sincerely doubt that the monthly cost is anywhere near as outrageous as you're making it out to be.

Depending on the actual monthly cost for hosting the site, I'd be willing to pay for the whole goddamn thing. The only thing is that I wouldn't be willing to pay you, I would want control of the page returned to the community.

I bet you won't go for that, because I'm betting dollars to donuts that the costs aren't anywhere near as onerous as you're making them out to be, and you're just trying to make it out to be such a burden so you have an excuse to make money off of our backs in a flagging market for upright arcade machines.

Also, for the record, the website for DreamAuthentics Dot Com has the following title according to Google:

Play Arcade: Games | Classics | mame32 || DreamAuthentics

I'm hereby putting you on notice that your use of the MAME trademark to hock your arcade cabinets is not approved by the MAME team, is considered infringing on the trademark held by the MAME team, and I have every intention of retaining legal counsel if this is not rectified immediately.

Dullaron
Send PM

#343773 - 08/10/15 06:23 AM

> Also, for the record, the website for DreamAuthentics Dot Com has the following title
> according to Google:
>
> Play Arcade: Games | Classics | mame32 || DreamAuthentics
>
> I'm hereby putting you on notice that your use of the MAME trademark to hock your
> arcade cabinets is not approved by the MAME team, is considered infringing on the
> trademark held by the MAME team, and I have every intention of retaining legal
> counsel if this is not rectified immediately.

Code:

Here are the 24 FULLY LICENSED GAMES that come with the arcade cabinet.

1942 ® (All rights reserved)
Asteroids ® (All rights reserved)
Asteroids Deluxe ® (All rights reserved)
Battlezone ® (All rights reserved)
Berzerk ® (All rights reserved)
Bombjack Twin ® (All rights reserved)
Centipede ® (All rights reserved)
Crystal Castles ® (All rights reserved)
Dark Stalkers ® (All rights reserved)
Ghosts 'n Goblins ® (All rights reserved)
Gun Smoke ® (All rights reserved)
Ladybug ® (All rights reserved)
MegaMan ® (All rights reserved)
Millipede ® (All rights reserved)
Missile Command ® (All rights reserved)
Mr Do! ® (All rights reserved)
Mr. Do's Castle ® (All rights reserved)
Mr. Do's Wild Ride ® (All rights reserved)
Penguin Wars ® (All rights reserved)
Street Fighter II ® (All rights reserved)
Strider ® (All rights reserved)
Super Breakout ® (All rights reserved)
Super Dodge Ball ® (All rights reserved)
Tempest ® (All rights reserved)

That one of the cabinet. What a shame man. DreamAuthentics Just can't put those onto the machines without permission. You can't even use MAME of any kind.

Sell the machines the clean way. Not this way. You already lost trust from MAME Dev Team.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: Dullaron]
#343776 - 08/10/15 06:54 AM

> That one of the cabinet. What a shame man. DreamAuthentics Just can't put those onto
> the machines without permission. You can't even use MAME of any kind.
>
> Sell the machines the clean way. Not this way. You already lost trust from MAME Dev
> Team.

Mmm... I can almost see the flashing, looping pr0n gif ads now.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: Dullaron]
#343781 - 08/10/15 11:56 AM

> That one of the cabinet. What a shame man. DreamAuthentics Just can't put those onto
> the machines without permission. You can't even use MAME of any kind.
>
> Sell the machines the clean way. Not this way. You already lost trust from MAME Dev
> Team.

What the hell are you babbling about? Those games probably are fully licensed. They're all games that came on Capcom or Midway/Atari classics packs in ROM form. I was talking about their use of the term "MAME". Just stay out of this, you don't understand.

Dullaron
Send PM

#343796 - 08/10/15 05:02 PM

> > That one of the cabinet. What a shame man. DreamAuthentics Just can't put those
> onto
> > the machines without permission. You can't even use MAME of any kind.
> >
> > Sell the machines the clean way. Not this way. You already lost trust from MAME Dev
> > Team.
>
> What the hell are you babbling about? Those games probably are fully licensed.
> They're all games that came on Capcom or Midway/Atari classics packs in ROM form. I
> was talking about their use of the term "MAME". Just stay out of this, you don't
> understand.

Yes I do understand. How I know the licensed are real or not. Anyway sorry stepping on this. Leaving him alone now. You should let him answer me not you.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Looks like it's back to the original format....... new [Re: Dullaron]
#343842 - 08/11/15 04:28 AM

Such contention. Considering questions, rather than indignance, can go a long ways.....

xBEMANIxGIRLx
Reged: 10/07/14
Send PM

#344151 - 08/18/15 01:02 PM

is the new website design still a thing ?

It have gotten very nasty around here

I don't think how the site is run, should be discussed in a public forum.

Showing pictures of potential new layout's and color schemes to get feedback would be a good option ?

I still think the site should be pink lol

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Re: Mameworld graphical facelift coming... new [Re: xBEMANIxGIRLx]
#344161 - 08/18/15 09:52 PM

> is the new website design still a thing ?

It has apparently been deep-sixed for now.

> It have gotten very nasty around here

In all honesty it is more civil nowadays than it was 5-10 years ago, sorry that you feel that it is not.

> I don't think how the site is run, should be discussed in a public forum.

So the alternative is for it to be discussed behind closed doors with no input from the community? What kind of decision is that?

> Showing pictures of potential new layout's and color schemes to get feedback would be
> a good option ?

It did show pictures of the new layout, and we all experienced it for about 2-3 weeks. It was shit. If you didn't check the website within that time frame, consider yourself very, very lucky.

> I still think the site should be pink lol

And I think it should be light blue. What ever shall we do?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5258