View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SpiDoL
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/05/14
Send PM

Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament
#345477 - 09/22/15 07:56 PM

I wanna be able to legally play the arcade version of Tekken Tag in MAME.

I went through all the trouble of dumping my PS2's BIOS so I could legally play the PS2 version of Tekken Tag in PCSX2. Unfortunately, every computer I've tried it on ran the game with a horrendous amount of lag making the game virtually unplayable, even with frameskipping on.

I saw several YouTube videos of Tekken Tag running at flawless full speed in MAME even on low-end computers, hence why I wanna obtain the arcade version of the game.

I don't wanna illegally download the ROM, I'm trying to stop myself from doing that. So I need you guys to help me out every way possible in dumping the original arcade board (once I buy it) so I can own the ROM legally. It will be greatly appreciated if you help me succeed in this...

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: SpiDoL]
#345478 - 09/22/15 08:45 PM

> I don't wanna illegally download the ROM, I'm trying to stop myself from doing that.
> So I need you guys to help me out every way possible in dumping the original arcade
> board (once I buy it) so I can own the ROM legally. It will be greatly appreciated if
> you help me succeed in this...

Honestly, most people just call it good if they own the PCB in question; nobody's going to be able to tell any binary difference between a downloaded MAME set for a game and a self-dumped one that you gave the proper filenames to. System 12 (which TTT runs on) is a fairly advanced board, meaning the ROMs are surface-mount and therefore 1) difficult to cleanly detach from the PCB and 2) *extremely* difficult to re-attach to the board afterwards. Guys like Guru can do that stuff like it's not a thing, but for the rest of us it's a giant pain in the butt.

SpiDoL
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: R. Belmont]
#345479 - 09/22/15 08:52 PM

So wait, if I just buy the PCB, I can download the ROM with no trouble?

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#345482 - 09/22/15 09:25 PM

> So wait, if I just buy the PCB, I can download the ROM with no trouble?

That's what a lot of people do. Do you think people who play GameCube or Wii games in hacked systems actually ripped the discs themselves? Pfffffffft. As if.

Other than the serial number, the game you get in a board will be the same as the one in MAME, just like Arbee said.

SpiDoL
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: Foxhack]
#345483 - 09/22/15 09:32 PM

Thank You...

Ziggy100
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/14/08
Send PM

#345521 - 09/24/15 02:54 PM

> I wanna be able to legally play the arcade version of Tekken Tag in MAME.
>
> I went through all the trouble of dumping my PS2's BIOS so I could legally play the
> PS2 version of Tekken Tag in PCSX2. Unfortunately, every computer I've tried it on
> ran the game with a horrendous amount of lag making the game virtually unplayable,
> even with frameskipping on.
>
> I saw several YouTube videos of Tekken Tag running at flawless full speed in MAME
> even on low-end computers, hence why I wanna obtain the arcade version of the game.
>
> I don't wanna illegally download the ROM, I'm trying to stop myself from doing that.
> So I need you guys to help me out every way possible in dumping the original arcade
> board (once I buy it) so I can own the ROM legally. It will be greatly appreciated if
> you help me succeed in this...

Life really is too short to worry about any of this...

SpiDoL
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: Ziggy100]
#345554 - 09/25/15 02:11 PM

I have to worry about it because, according to one of my local friends, the government's really cracking down on all illegal downloading. He even received word that a friend of a friend of his nearby got caught illegally downloading games by his ISP and got sentenced to 10 years in prison for it. Also, I've already gotten caught twice by the Entertainment Software Association for torrenting games (But to be fair, the two times I got caught were four years apart, and I definitely don't use torrents anymore since everything on there's monitored). I don't wanna get caught a third time.

Now if you think otherwise, or if any of this information isn't true, please speak up...

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#345555 - 09/25/15 02:35 PM

What country are you in and do you use peerblock?

SpiDoL
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: Smitdogg]
#345556 - 09/25/15 04:57 PM

United States and no

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#345557 - 09/25/15 05:02 PM

A few years ago I forgot to run peer block and got a letter in the mail about a movie I downloaded. However I call bullshit on your friend. I would like to see proof (there would be a news article about it) if he (or anyone ever in the us) got 10 years for downloading a game.

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

LOL [nt] new [Re: SpiDoL]
#345559 - 09/25/15 06:58 PM

> I have to worry about it because, according to one of my local friends, the
> government's really cracking down on all illegal downloading. He even received word
> that a friend of a friend of his nearby got caught illegally downloading games by his
> ISP and got sentenced to 10 years in prison for it. Also, I've already gotten caught
> twice by the Entertainment Software Association for torrenting games (But to be fair,
> the two times I got caught were four years apart, and I definitely don't use torrents
> anymore since everything on there's monitored). I don't wanna get caught a third
> time.
>
> Now if you think otherwise, or if any of this information isn't true, please speak
> up...

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#345563 - 09/25/15 09:23 PM

He somehow got sentenced to 10 years in prison without a trial?

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: B2K24]
#345568 - 09/26/15 04:19 AM

> He somehow got sentenced to 10 years in prison without a trial?

Even better, he somehow got sentenced to 10 years for something that only has civil remedies defined for it unless you're engaged in egregiously illegal activities like running a DVD bootlegging ring.

As r/quityourbullshit would say: Quit your bullshit.

SpiDoL
MAME Fan
Send PM

#345599 - 09/27/15 02:34 PM

All right then, here's another question:

If I legally own, say, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 in any form, whether it be on SNES, Saturn, or PS2, can I download the Arcade ROM via MAME with no trouble?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#345600 - 09/27/15 03:04 PM

It's not legal as far as I know but I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for downloading a rom.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#345602 - 09/27/15 05:37 PM

> It's not legal as far as I know but I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for
> downloading a rom.

The only ones that would ever get pissy about downloading roms would be Nintendo, anyway. Most other companies don't even care unless you're pirating something recent.

SpiDoL
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: Foxhack]
#345605 - 09/27/15 09:15 PM

Hmmm...

Thanks again...

L-Lawliet
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/27/15
Send PM

#345633 - 09/29/15 10:49 AM

Buy a better computer is my reccomendation because if you are unable to get full speed on pcsx2 then is almost imposible to get full speed on the arcade version
PCSX2 system requirements for low end
All hacks to maximum
Dual core at 3.4 GHZ intel
3 Gb of ram DDR3
GPU any type at least 128 Mb

Mame requirements tekken tag tournament
Dual Core Intel at 3.8 Ghz
2 Gb of ram DDR
Gpu not used ? (blame software rasterizer a gpu optimization will work better and make the games use less ram and less cpu)
So as you see if you cant get the minimum to run tekken tag tournament on pcsx2 then your chances of running it on mame are less likely.
As you see mame and pcsx2 are kinda similar they dont use gpu properly they mostly need a powerfull cpu so invest money on a better cpu instead of buying a pcb (is cheaper an amd 4 cores at 3.6 Ghz then a PCB) and the reason i mention Intel is because both emulators are optimized for intel not for gaming PC (mostly all amd)
One advice dont believe the youtube videos info because most are fake information like the so claimed pcsx2 on low end because thats imposible to achieve.

SpiDoL
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: L-Lawliet]
#345738 - 10/02/15 04:29 PM

I was about to accept what you said as the harsh truth.

BUT, I remembered an old variation of MAME called PSXMAME, which is able to render the video using GPU plugins for PSX emulators and ZINC. I tried it with Tekken Tag and, even though it's not 100% full speed, it's MUCH more acceptable than how MAME normally runs the game on my computers.

So now I'm happy. I can provide a link to PSXMAME if you wanna try it...

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#345746 - 10/02/15 07:17 PM

> So now I'm happy. I can provide a link to PSXMAME if you wanna try it...

Please don't.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#345747 - 10/02/15 08:35 PM Attachment: tektagt.png 1877 KB (0 downloads)

> I was about to accept what you said as the harsh truth.
>
> BUT, I remembered an old variation of MAME called PSXMAME, which is able to render
> the video using GPU plugins for PSX emulators and ZINC. I tried it with Tekken Tag
> and, even though it's not 100% full speed, it's MUCH more acceptable than how MAME
> normally runs the game on my computers.
>
> So now I'm happy. I can provide a link to PSXMAME if you wanna try it...

MAME < You can run that game on this without the plugins. Just saying.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: Dullaron]
#345751 - 10/02/15 09:48 PM

> > I was about to accept what you said as the harsh truth.
> >
> > BUT, I remembered an old variation of MAME called PSXMAME, which is able to render
> > the video using GPU plugins for PSX emulators and ZINC. I tried it with Tekken Tag
> > and, even though it's not 100% full speed, it's MUCH more acceptable than how MAME
> > normally runs the game on my computers.
> >
> > So now I'm happy. I can provide a link to PSXMAME if you wanna try it...
>
> MAME < You can run that game on this without the plugins. Just saying.

I think someone may have been expecting MAME to display 3D games at 1080p rather than the default 512x240 this game runs at (yes, it can also be switched to 512x480i in the options - it's the opposite of Tekken 3 which was interlaced by default). For that, you're better off sticking with Tekken Tag HD on the PS3; the PSX-era polygons look like ass.

SpiDoL
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: B2K24]
#345772 - 10/03/15 04:50 PM

OK I won't, but I'm curious, why not?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#345843 - 10/05/15 04:41 PM

> OK I won't, but I'm curious, why not?

Because every time someone promotes PSXMAME, adding hardware rendering to MAME is delayed another year. Congratulations!

Ziggy100
MAME Fan
Send PM

#345889 - 10/07/15 02:16 PM

> > OK I won't, but I'm curious, why not?
>
> Because every time someone promotes PSXMAME, adding hardware rendering to MAME is
> delayed another year.

Why say that to him when you know full well that Hardware GPU rendering for 3D based games is no more a possibility now than it was 10yrs ago.

Very disingenuous of you.

Edited by Ziggy100 (10/07/15 02:17 PM)

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#345891 - 10/07/15 03:11 PM

> Why say that to him when you know full well that Hardware GPU rendering for 3D based
> games is no more a possibility now than it was 10yrs ago.

It's absolutely far more possible now. Sufficient people have DX10+ capable cards, and BGFX makes it possible to leverage full GPU power in a write-once cross-platform way.

Ziggy100
MAME Fan
Send PM

#345892 - 10/07/15 03:51 PM

> > Why say that to him when you know full well that Hardware GPU rendering for 3D
> based
> > games is no more a possibility now than it was 10yrs ago.
>
> It's absolutely far more possible now. Sufficient people have DX10+ capable cards,
> and BGFX makes it possible to leverage full GPU power in a write-once cross-platform
> way.

I didn't mean from a technical POV, I meant it from a 'MAME Devs just don't want to do it' POV.

Edited by Ziggy100 (10/07/15 03:52 PM)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#345893 - 10/07/15 04:02 PM

> > > Why say that to him when you know full well that Hardware GPU rendering for 3D
> > based
> > > games is no more a possibility now than it was 10yrs ago.
> >
> > It's absolutely far more possible now. Sufficient people have DX10+ capable cards,
> > and BGFX makes it possible to leverage full GPU power in a write-once
> cross-platform
> > way.
>
> I didn't mean from a technical POV, I meant it from a 'MAME Devs just don't want to
> do it' POV.

Whoa, that's trippy. I guess BGFX wasn't actually added to the MAME repository months ago and the OSD layer wasn't split into multiple video modules, and we've all just been laboring under a collective hallucination all these months.

Ziggy100
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#345895 - 10/07/15 04:35 PM

> Whoa, that's trippy. I guess BGFX wasn't actually added to the MAME repository months
> ago and the OSD layer wasn't split into multiple video modules, and we've all just
> been laboring under a collective hallucination all these months.

..I've asked on numerous occasions, over the years, in this forum about the possibility of 3D acceleration in MAME and each time the response has been along the lines of 'its not accurate enough', 'if you want it, do it yourself', 'use another emulator' to the stop annoying us 'don't ask'.

If the stance of Mame Dev's is now more enthusiastic towards 3D acceleration, then great, I'll welcome it with open arms.

..it just seems like 3D acceleration has always been one of those 'end of the rainbow' type scenarios for MAME.

Of course the irony today, is that of those games I originally wanted 3D acceleration for such as PSX, Namco System 22 and such like, are 100% 60fps playable without any need for hardware acceleration with my 4690K CPU.

Technology overtook the need for it...:)

I guess it would be nice for NAOMI stuff I suppose, but I don't really care about that TBH.

Edited by Ziggy100 (10/07/15 04:38 PM)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#345899 - 10/07/15 05:30 PM

> ..I've asked on numerous occasions, over the years, in this forum about the
> possibility of 3D acceleration in MAME and each time the response has been along the
> lines of 'its not accurate enough', 'if you want it, do it yourself', 'use another
> emulator' to the stop annoying us 'don't ask'.

That's true, and until pretty recently, GPUs were not general-purpose enough to be able to accurately emulate certain esoterica associated with the sorts of 3D hardware found in arcades. Similarly, until pretty recently, there wasn't an acceptably cross-platform rendering abstraction layer like BGFX. Both of these things have changed.

Dendy
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/04/15
Send PM

Re: Dumping Tekken Tag Tournament new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#345914 - 10/08/15 08:02 PM

So then yes, MAME will have 3D hardware acceleration?

That'll be great for all those Konami games with the 4x 3DFX card setup

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 7838