Pages: 1

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

CEMU (Wii U emulator)
#348895 - 01/05/16 05:34 PM

For those of You who don't know yet, Cemu is working emulator for current! game console - Wii U !
It's open source and here is their site :
http://cemu.info/

Look at this video, it's a miracle ! (at least for me)

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: CEMU (Wii U emulator) new [Re: CTOJAH]
#348905 - 01/05/16 09:13 PM

> For those of You who don't know yet, Cemu is working emulator for current! game
> console - Wii U !
> It's open source and here is their site :
> http://cemu.info/
>
> Look at this video, it's a miracle ! (at least for me)

that's nice

current gen piracy, just what we need.

go and buy the fucking system and the games.

posting this puts you on about the same level as that annoying dev harasser smit keeps banning.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: CEMU (Wii U emulator) new [Re: Haze]
#348906 - 01/05/16 09:21 PM

My intentions were quite opposite and honest.
Nothing stops You to play games that You legally bought on PC through emu.
If mods feel/think that this post is wrong then they can easily erase/trash it.
Sorry.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#348907 - 01/05/16 09:24 PM

> My intentions were quite opposite and honest.
> Nothing stops You to play games that You legally bought on PC through emu.

Oh, yeah, because everyone who uses current-gen emulation is totally just playing games they legally own. Fuckwit.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: CEMU (Wii U emulator) new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#348909 - 01/05/16 09:43 PM

> Oh, yeah, because everyone who uses current-gen emulation is totally just playing
> games they legally own. Fuckwit.

You realize what You just say, don't You ?
Let me paraphrase You :
Oh, yeah, because everyone who uses MAME emulation is totally just playing games they legally own. Fuckwit.

Haze
Send PM

#348910 - 01/05/16 09:50 PM

> > Oh, yeah, because everyone who uses current-gen emulation is totally just playing
> > games they legally own. Fuckwit.
>
> You realize what You just say, don't You ?
> Let me paraphrase You :
> Oh, yeah, because everyone who uses MAME emulation is totally just playing games they
> legally own. Fuckwit.

There's a major, major difference in that the stuff in MAME is not for sale 'as new' None of it is current gen.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, you've shown your lamer kiddie side in the past, pressing for emulation of the latest hacked PC based arcades etc. and before that with various posts bragging about how you've spent so much on your PC but not a penny on original systems etc.

This stuff HURTS us in the long run, significantly, but keep on championing it.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#348913 - 01/05/16 10:32 PM

> that's nice
>
> current gen piracy, just what we need.
>
> go and buy the fucking system and the games.

^^^^ This

Same goes to everyone going nuts over the PS4 stuff.

Buy the games and support the PSN the way it's intended.

I don't wish to see it gone for good!

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

#348922 - 01/06/16 01:46 AM

> There's a major, major difference in that the stuff in MAME is not for sale 'as new'
> None of it is current gen.

Not only that, but unlike MAME (or just about any other emulation project these days), Cemu isn't even open-source, so even from a documentation/future preservation standpoint it's totally worthless. It's just useless garbage no matter how you slice it.

Bigster
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/22/09
Send PM

#348933 - 01/06/16 04:44 AM

> I guess I shouldn't be surprised, you've shown your lamer kiddie side in the past,
> pressing for emulation of the latest hacked PC based arcades etc. and before that
> with various posts bragging about how you've spent so much on your PC but not a penny
> on original systems etc.
>

Between haze's memory, coding skills, and blog I don't think he is human. Must be machine. Hope someone can emulate Haze. Keep up the good work dh

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

#348941 - 01/06/16 10:12 AM

Not only that, but I'm questioning the value of emulating any system that requires controllers unique to the hardware in the first place. Wii golf or tennis would be pretty lame using a joystick or mouse.

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: CEMU (Wii U emulator) new [Re: Bigster]
#348945 - 01/06/16 06:18 PM

> Between haze's memory, coding skills, and blog I don't think he is human. Must be
> machine. Hope someone can emulate Haze. Keep up the good work dh

No, I am not worth of his memory, He just read my history here. (on some places reading tendentiously wrong)

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: CEMU (Wii U emulator) new [Re: Nightvoice]
#348946 - 01/06/16 06:38 PM

> Not only that, but I'm questioning the value of emulating any system that requires
> controllers unique to the hardware in the first place. Wii golf or tennis would be
> pretty lame using a joystick or mouse.

You said that as Your opinion of all emulators including MAME (because MAME is doing that, too) or just wanna show Your poltroonery to Haze ?
Haze is a great dev and nothing could be wrong being on His side.
Don't get me wrong - I also think that Haze as a dev is one of the best in MAME team. How could I think anything bad about him, I play with MAME on a regularly base.(almost every day when I have a free time)
But, something is strange on this forum - When someone want to actually play the games in emulator - shitstorm happens ?!
Most of the people here use MAME for playing games/roms, not for archiving them and I really can NOT see whats wrong with that ?
I am completely aware that primary goal of MAME is documenting/archiving machines/computers/consoles, but devs knows that a regular MAME user is a PLAYER and knows nothing about assembler/c ++/coding at all.
That's why I can NOT understand why some people here (in this case Haze) is full of hate ?!
Look at my OP here :
I just informed about xxx emulator - nothing more, nothing less - and what happened ? I was called !@#! - someone who is hurting/harming MAME ?
How in the name of God, I am hurting You(Your work/cause) Haze ?

Haze
Send PM

#348948 - 01/06/16 07:08 PM

If people use emulators to pirate the latest games (and let's not kid ourselves, thats ALL an emulator, especially a closed source one, for the latest platforms is achieving) then it gives emulation a bad name.

this leads to strong anti-emulation stances, it leads to stronger copy protections on newer systems, further locking down, further taking away of ownership etc. (The Taito 'locked-down so hard we'll NEVER see them' networked arcade thing is almost certainly a direct response to the rampant piracy of their other PC based arcades, and don't think 'but they'll be cracked anyway' because they really won't.)

also never underestimate the power of companies with money to push for new laws, want a law where it's completely illegal for anybody other than the manufacturer of a system to write an emulator? keep emulating the latest platforms and that's very likely what you'll get, at which point we can't develop MAME as a piece of software legally. You think that doesn't matter? I think there's precisely one MAMEdev who would agree with your stance there and that's Guru because he really doesn't seem to give a shit when it comes to real matters, the rest of them would abandon ship immediately. You think Github would continue to host our project? Think again. Even without laws, enough pressure would get things like Paypal accounts suspended, hosting pulled etc. just because nobody wants to deal with the hassle, so making emulation look bad and pissing off companies tends to not be a good idea.

furthermore a lot of the devs are actually involved/employed in the industry in some way, if sales on a platform drop significantly because everybody is pirating rating than buying then it could cost us our employment, which, due to the unsettling nature of such things would not have a positive effect on development of MAME.

So yes, emulating the latest platforms is damaging, to us, and even to your own interests.

and yes, I make a mental note of the attitudes people have towards certain things, yours is very much 'free games' and nothing else, you seem to think anything that detracts from that is bad, even if in many cases they're the very things that keep the project going and will give us a future. (your anti non-video platforms, gamblers etc. stance has also been noted, which is very selfish too)

we do what we do because we believe there are legitimate benefits to doing it, and while doing that we walk a fine line between building up a library of highly reusable code to emulate countless devices, keeping things safe for the future and not pissing off the original manufacturers. Things like emulators for the latest platform, or hacked PC rip of the latest arcade games cross that line in the most obnoxious possible way, much moreso than any 'hate' you're getting from me. your actions have consequences.

So .. stop being a selfish dick. Rubbing the WORST possible news in our faces is not going to win you friends with people who take this seriously and actually care about the future of our hobby, or even the future of our past.

> > Not only that, but I'm questioning the value of emulating any system that requires
> > controllers unique to the hardware in the first place. Wii golf or tennis would be
> > pretty lame using a joystick or mouse.
>
> You said that as Your opinion of all emulators including MAME (because MAME is doing
> that, too) or just wanna show Your poltroonery to Haze ?
> Haze is a great dev and nothing could be wrong being on His side.
> Don't get me wrong - I also think that Haze as a dev is one of the best in MAME team.
> How could I think anything bad about him, I play with MAME on a regularly
> base.(almost every day when I have a free time)
> But, something is strange on this forum - When someone want to actually play the
> games in emulator - shitstorm happens ?!
> Most of the people here use MAME for playing games/roms, not for archiving them and I
> really can NOT see whats wrong with that ?
> I am completely aware that primary goal of MAME is documenting/archiving
> machines/computers/consoles, but devs knows that a regular MAME user is a PLAYER and
> knows nothing about assembler/c ++/coding at all.
> That's why I can NOT understand why some people here (in this case Haze) is full of
> hate ?!
> Look at my OP here :
> I just informed about xxx emulator - nothing more, nothing less - and what happened ?
> I was called !@#! - someone who is hurting/harming MAME ?
> How in the name of God, I am hurting You(Your work/cause) Haze ?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#348949 - 01/06/16 07:30 PM

> (The Taito
> 'locked-down so hard we'll NEVER see them'

We actually will be seeing them.Your point still stands. However in regard to the OP the furthest his beating over the post needs to go is saying the emu is lame. He didn't write the emu and he is being beaten as if he did. If you sit here and say it's just as bad to post about it I'm going to have to argue that it isn't, and that sometimes we will discuss shitty things here as it is part of life.

Haze
Send PM

Re: CEMU (Wii U emulator) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#348951 - 01/06/16 07:42 PM

> > (The Taito
> > 'locked-down so hard we'll NEVER see them'
>
> We actually will be seeing them.Your point still stands. However in regard to the OP
> the furthest his beating over the post needs to go is saying the emu is lame. He
> didn't write the emu and he is being beaten as if he did. If you sit here and say
> it's just as bad to post about it I'm going to have to argue that it isn't, and that
> sometimes we will discuss shitty things here as it is part of life.

Define seeing them? maybe the most popular ones, maybe one revision of them? Ones that are still available on the service?

It's killed the market for people who actually want to own them legitimately too. It's killed the market for seeing half of them outside of Japan.

Unless you've got archives of Taito's servers dating back from when the service was introduced then there's no permanent record of any of it.

It annoys me because I've seen a fair number of people now declare this the best emulation news of the last decade, it isn't, it's the worst, and going around shouting it from the rooftops is about the most stupid thing anybody could be doing.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#348952 - 01/06/16 07:51 PM

The games don't get deleted the way we previously thought. Games get added but not deleted, in the examples I have seen. I can't guaruntee that we will get 100% of the games when the shitstorm ends but we will have most. It's the worst thing to ever happen to arcade games and arcade collectors and I frankly hate the shit out of it but for the most part the DU will 'beat' it, I promise you, because we rule.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#348959 - 01/06/16 11:18 PM

> Look at this video, it's a miracle ! (at least for me)

Speaking in my capacity as a licensed and certified Nintendo developer since 1994, FOAD.

Current-gen emulation is not a miracle, it's evil.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: CEMU (Wii U emulator) new [Re: Shoegazr]
#348961 - 01/06/16 11:25 PM

> > There's a major, major difference in that the stuff in MAME is not for sale 'as
> new'
> > None of it is current gen.
>
> Not only that, but unlike MAME (or just about any other emulation project these
> days), Cemu isn't even open-source, so even from a documentation/future preservation
> standpoint it's totally worthless. It's just useless garbage no matter how you slice
> it.

I'll all but guarantee (s)he swiped the CPU emulator from Dolphin, too. But hey, they're asking for money!

Edited by R. Belmont (01/06/16 11:27 PM)

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: CEMU (Wii U emulator) new [Re: R. Belmont]
#348976 - 01/07/16 08:13 AM

> Speaking in my capacity as a licensed and certified Nintendo developer since 1994,
> FOAD.

Once again,(after @Smitdogg pointing that) I am NOT a creator of Cemu so why do You addressing such a nice words (FOAD) to me ?
Even if I am, You could be polite and discuss like a gentleman - take out the hate of Your heart, this is a forum and accept others opinions : they might be different, even opposite of Yours.
One interesting fact is that this news was published in NintendoLife !
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11...ss_remains_slow
They are openminded and published/announced the fact that there is an emulator in works which try to emulate Nintendo console - calling that BAD or GOOD is leaved to auditorium !
One more thing, what do you expect to be my answer to Yours "FOAD" ?
- Fucc Your mom/wife or calling You miserable egoistic piece of horseshiit ??
NO, its not my style. I respect You and Your work on MAME.

> Current-gen emulation is not a miracle, it's evil.

This statement of Yours, reminds me of worst religious fundamentalists and their views of what is "GOOD" and whats "EVIL".
At least it's a nice try to get in dev quotes

My regards.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: CEMU (Wii U emulator) new [Re: Bigster]
#349060 - 01/08/16 09:46 PM

> Between haze's memory, coding skills, and blog I don't think he is human. Must be machine. Hope someone can emulate Haze. Keep up the good work dh

(rather non-sequitur posting, but...)

Nah, dude, he's just eccentric. And probably a companion to Moogly, but he doesn't get any. Actually, I've long had the feeling he's in a chair. Anyways, he's not that radical. Go hang out at MIT/Cambridge/etc, in the computer departments....

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

That's assuming there are any games worth playing..... new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#349063 - 01/08/16 09:51 PM

since the mid to late 90s.....which there typically ain't.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Humans are prideful, yo. (nt) new [Re: CTOJAH]
#349064 - 01/08/16 09:52 PM

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Re: That's assuming there are any games worth playing..... new [Re: Traso]
#349068 - 01/08/16 11:32 PM

> since the mid to late 90s.....which there typically ain't.

I know that marijuana is known to have an adverse effect on short-term and long-term memory, but this is really something else. Maybe you should spend more time getting to know Nintendo's back catalogue as opposed to hitting the pipe and making stupid-ass posts on MW. Perhaps if you took a break from the ganj, you would realize that nobody finds you funny or clever, and everyone here just thinks you're an annoying twat.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: That's assuming there are any games worth playing..... new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#349070 - 01/09/16 12:09 AM

> I know that marijuana is known to have an adverse effect on short-term and long-term
> memory, but this is really something else. Maybe you should spend more time getting
> to know Nintendo's back catalogue as opposed to hitting the pipe and making
> stupid-ass posts on MW. Perhaps if you took a break from the ganj, you would realize
> that nobody finds you funny or clever, and everyone here just thinks you're an
> annoying twat.

It's as if greybeard cloned himself, but with improved annoy material. I would be terrified to grow old and be just like them. :S

Haze
Send PM

Re: CEMU (Wii U emulator) new [Re: Traso]
#349094 - 01/09/16 12:07 PM

> > Between haze's memory, coding skills, and blog I don't think he is human. Must be
> machine. Hope someone can emulate Haze. Keep up the good work dh
>
>
> (rather non-sequitur posting, but...)
>
> Nah, dude, he's just eccentric. And probably a companion to Moogly, but he doesn't
> get any. Actually, I've long had the feeling he's in a chair. Anyways, he's not that
> radical. Go hang out at MIT/Cambridge/etc, in the computer departments....

I really hope you don't work in criminal profiling ;S I'm not even that eccentric among my own friends..

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#349101 - 01/09/16 04:51 PM

> > > Between haze's memory, coding skills, and blog I don't think he is human. Must be
> > machine. Hope someone can emulate Haze. Keep up the good work dh
> >
> >
> > (rather non-sequitur posting, but...)
> >
> > Nah, dude, he's just eccentric. And probably a companion to Moogly, but he doesn't
> > get any. Actually, I've long had the feeling he's in a chair. Anyways, he's not
> that
> > radical. Go hang out at MIT/Cambridge/etc, in the computer departments....
>
> I really hope you don't work in criminal profiling ;S I'm not even that eccentric
> among my own friends..

My god do you look out of place in those photos, though.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#349113 - 01/10/16 01:16 AM

Haze has the nose ring right?

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Haze
Send PM

#349123 - 01/10/16 03:26 PM

> > > > Between haze's memory, coding skills, and blog I don't think he is human. Must
> be
> > > machine. Hope someone can emulate Haze. Keep up the good work dh
> > >
> > >
> > > (rather non-sequitur posting, but...)
> > >
> > > Nah, dude, he's just eccentric. And probably a companion to Moogly, but he
> doesn't
> > > get any. Actually, I've long had the feeling he's in a chair. Anyways, he's not
> > that
> > > radical. Go hang out at MIT/Cambridge/etc, in the computer departments....
> >
> > I really hope you don't work in criminal profiling ;S I'm not even that eccentric
> > among my own friends..
>
> My god do you look out of place in those photos, though.

I look out of place everywhere, think that's my natural look ;-)

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Looks in place to me with all those youngens...... new [Re: Haze]
#349318 - 01/17/16 02:12 AM

with beards an all an.....all........

You got me beat. I don't have almost no one to hang with once a week, let alone every day. But, this is how things are supposed to be with me. Cos I am fuckin eccentric. As I was telling my mom this afternoon (during an impromptu stop in, as I happened to be cruising by): I need to find some wealthy kids who have no inclination to work, but have the sensibility (of Order and all, and who aren't couch sad sacks and all that) that I was born with. Yeah, could be decades......Or never.....

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: That's assuming there are any games worth playing..... new [Re: BIOS-D]
#349319 - 01/17/16 02:18 AM

> > I know that marijuana is known to have an adverse effect on short-term and long-term memory, but this is really something else. Maybe you should spend more time getting to know Nintendo's back catalogue as opposed to hitting the pipe and making stupid-ass posts on MW. Perhaps if you took a break from the ganj, you would realize that nobody finds you funny or clever, and everyone here just thinks you're an annoying twat.

> It's as if greybeard cloned himself, but with improved annoy material. I would be terrified to grow old and be just like them. :S

But I'm not growing old, you see. Just today, I was talking with a guy, and he said, "How old are ya? You ain't got that much time on me!" He's 33 and looks my age, whereas I'm 44 and look his age or better. I told him, "Some people have more mileage on their bodies than others."

@Moogly: well figure this: you get all personal about such things, and I do not.

It's not like there can't be great things in the world today....except....maybe there can't. Cos while they could be so, they aren't. Gives a new sense of the word Determinism....well, new for ya all. I've been thinking this way for twenty years since I realised it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5294