MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: Atomiswave software dumper
#349484 - 01/23/16 03:52 AM

MetalliC and Brizzo made a software dumper for Atomiswave based on the NAOMI Dumper written by Deunan Knute. So we can dump carts now without soldering work.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: Smitdogg]
#349490 - 01/23/16 05:11 AM

-

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#349494 - 01/23/16 06:54 AM

> MetalliC and Brizzo made a software dumper for Atomiswave based on the NAOMI Dumper
> written by Deunan Knute. So we can dump carts now without soldering work.

Nice. All that soldering work sucks anyway. You felt free now.

My dad tried to soldering a board once for his truck. He did too much to where it won't work. Waste his money on it.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#349505 - 01/23/16 05:45 PM

> MetalliC and Brizzo made a software dumper for Atomiswave based on the NAOMI Dumper
> written by Deunan Knute. So we can dump carts now without soldering work.

How many Atomiswave cartridges are still left to dump?

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Diet Go Go Fan
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/18/06
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: Master O]
#349511 - 01/23/16 09:34 PM

Here is a list of known undumped Atomiswave carts:
http://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/index.php?title=Category:Atomiswave Nothing but prototypes and children's medal games.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: Master O]
#349514 - 01/23/16 11:45 PM

People are rightfully squeamish about having multi thousand dollar protos desoldered, that is the point. I definitely wish we would have had this years ago though.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#349517 - 01/24/16 02:26 AM

> People are rightfully squeamish about having multi thousand dollar protos desoldered,
> that is the point. I definitely wish we would have had this years ago though.

I never mentioned anything about that. I think you're referring to someone else.

That software dumper is obviously great to have, but that goes without saying.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

jordanrom
Reged: 01/10/05
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: Diet Go Go Fan]
#349518 - 01/24/16 02:52 AM

> Here is a list of known undumped Atomiswave carts:
> http://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/index.php?title=Category:Atomiswave Nothing but
> prototypes and children's medal games.

We didn't get Sushi Bar?

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: jordanrom]
#349520 - 01/24/16 04:30 AM

> > Here is a list of known undumped Atomiswave carts:
> > http://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/index.php?title=Category:Atomiswave Nothing but
> > prototypes and children's medal games.
>
> We didn't get Sushi Bar?

Well, Smittdog didn't announce it yet. And I think The Dumping Union did get Sushi Bar (and I think the Undumped wiki was not updated to say so, I guess I can go do that), but different rules apply:

Over at Undumped wiki, generally speaking, things only get removed from the Undumped category and moved to the Dumped category once they have been dumped and put in MAME.

Please understand, the Undumped wiki is a separate project from The Dumping Union (though we could stand to have even further cooperation and coordination), also unrelated but for a long while we couldn't even link it here (well that was mostly collateral damage due to Haze but whatever).

- Stiletto

Edited by Stiletto (01/24/16 04:44 AM)

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: jordanrom]
#349527 - 01/24/16 12:36 PM

> We didn't get Sushi Bar?

...also Force Five is in MAME friendly hands (Shou Time) so the list is getting smaller...
This news should be spread between collectors to encourage them to dump their prototypes clean and painless.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: Stiletto]
#349531 - 01/24/16 03:33 PM

> > > Here is a list of known undumped Atomiswave carts:
> > > http://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/index.php?title=Category:Atomiswave Nothing but
> > > prototypes and children's medal games.
> >
> > We didn't get Sushi Bar?
>
> Well, Smittdog didn't announce it yet. And I think The Dumping Union did get Sushi
> Bar (and I think the Undumped wiki was not updated to say so, I guess I can go do
> that), but different rules apply:
>
> Over at Undumped wiki, generally speaking, things only get removed from the Undumped
> category and moved to the Dumped category once they have been dumped and put in MAME.
>
> Please understand, the Undumped wiki is a separate project from The Dumping Union
> (though we could stand to have even further cooperation and coordination), also
> unrelated but for a long while we couldn't even link it here (well that was mostly
> collateral damage due to Haze but whatever).
>
> - Stiletto

depends which way you want to spin it really, I'd say it was collateral damage from whoever decided that blacklisting one of the sites where the majority of MAME news was being announced over a personal grudge was the best solution.

this place was never the same after that, because a very large percentage of the MAME work wasn't posted about, so people didn't discuss it and often ended up overlooking it. That wasn't my call, many people found it to be ridiculous.

ShengLong
Lurker
Reged: 11/12/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: Haze]
#349533 - 01/24/16 04:37 PM

What about Premier Eleven?
Premier Eleven flyer.
For a long time I thought it didn't exist.

> > > > Here is a list of known undumped Atomiswave carts:
> > > > http://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/index.php?title=Category:Atomiswave Nothing
> but
> > > > prototypes and children's medal games.
> > >
> > > We didn't get Sushi Bar?
> >
> > Well, Smittdog didn't announce it yet. And I think The Dumping Union did get Sushi
> > Bar (and I think the Undumped wiki was not updated to say so, I guess I can go do
> > that), but different rules apply:
> >
> > Over at Undumped wiki, generally speaking, things only get removed from the
> Undumped
> > category and moved to the Dumped category once they have been dumped and put in
> MAME.
> >
> > Please understand, the Undumped wiki is a separate project from The Dumping Union
> > (though we could stand to have even further cooperation and coordination), also
> > unrelated but for a long while we couldn't even link it here (well that was mostly
> > collateral damage due to Haze but whatever).
> >
> > - Stiletto
>
> depends which way you want to spin it really, I'd say it was collateral damage from
> whoever decided that blacklisting one of the sites where the majority of MAME news
> was being announced over a personal grudge was the best solution.
>
> this place was never the same after that, because a very large percentage of the MAME
> work wasn't posted about, so people didn't discuss it and often ended up overlooking
> it. That wasn't my call, many people found it to be ridiculous.

Haze
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: ShengLong]
#349534 - 01/24/16 04:48 PM

difficult to say, might have seen the same fate as a number of AW games and never actually been released, seems to be a system with a strangely high number of games that were scrapped late in development.

> What about Premier Eleven?
> Premier Eleven flyer.
> For a long time I thought it didn't exist.
>
> > > > > Here is a list of known undumped Atomiswave carts:
> > > > > http://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/index.php?title=Category:Atomiswave Nothing
> > but
> > > > > prototypes and children's medal games.
> > > >
> > > > We didn't get Sushi Bar?
> > >
> > > Well, Smittdog didn't announce it yet. And I think The Dumping Union did get
> Sushi
> > > Bar (and I think the Undumped wiki was not updated to say so, I guess I can go do
> > > that), but different rules apply:
> > >
> > > Over at Undumped wiki, generally speaking, things only get removed from the
> > Undumped
> > > category and moved to the Dumped category once they have been dumped and put in
> > MAME.
> > >
> > > Please understand, the Undumped wiki is a separate project from The Dumping Union
> > > (though we could stand to have even further cooperation and coordination), also
> > > unrelated but for a long while we couldn't even link it here (well that was
> mostly
> > > collateral damage due to Haze but whatever).
> > >
> > > - Stiletto
> >
> > depends which way you want to spin it really, I'd say it was collateral damage from
> > whoever decided that blacklisting one of the sites where the majority of MAME news
> > was being announced over a personal grudge was the best solution.
> >
> > this place was never the same after that, because a very large percentage of the
> MAME
> > work wasn't posted about, so people didn't discuss it and often ended up
> overlooking
> > it. That wasn't my call, many people found it to be ridiculous.

MetalliC
Demul/MAME dev
Reged: 03/20/09
Loc: UA
Send PM

#349537 - 01/24/16 07:15 PM

this one most likely was released. I've seen photos of this cabinet in the wild, with all arts/marques/etc...

> difficult to say, might have seen the same fate as a number of AW games and never
> actually been released, seems to be a system with a strangely high number of games
> that were scrapped late in development.
>
>
> > What about Premier Eleven?
> > Premier Eleven flyer.
> > For a long time I thought it didn't exist.
> >

Haze
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: MetalliC]
#349542 - 01/24/16 09:43 PM

> this one most likely was released. I've seen photos of this cabinet in the wild, with
> all arts/marques/etc...
>
> > difficult to say, might have seen the same fate as a number of AW games and never
> > actually been released, seems to be a system with a strangely high number of games
> > that were scrapped late in development.
> >
> >
> > > What about Premier Eleven?
> > > Premier Eleven flyer.
> > > For a long time I thought it didn't exist.
> > >

yeah, might have ended up being one of those more limited releases only in regions where soccer was popular, we've seen a couple of those over time ;-)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#349543 - 01/24/16 09:48 PM

The problem with that one is nobody wants to pay atomiswave proto prices for a soccer game.

JimmyIMC
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/27/15
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: MetalliC]
#349579 - 01/25/16 06:10 PM

> this one most likely was released. I've seen photos of this cabinet in the wild, with
> all arts/marques/etc...

Rumors located it on Italy (some others on UK) but i dont really know if the information is correct and if it was the case all this rumors were 8 years ago or more (i cannot provide more information or better photos of this, sorry)

I have been seen some other cabinets running it (not with marquees and artwork as the first one and only in screenshots not personally)

I also remember a thread on one forum that a prototype of Kenju was 'on sale' and 'shou' jump in to buy it but was late. Don't know if he obtained it by other way or not, too many years has passed. I have more screenshots of Kenju and some vids if you want me to show you.

ShouTime
PCB Collector
Reged: 11/25/11
Loc: Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: JimmyIMC]
#349587 - 01/26/16 05:17 AM

I know who has Kenju and Chase 1929.

Dumped: 3on3 DUNK MADNESS US, A.B. Cop JP, AIR INFERNO JP, AquaJack US, BATTLE SHARK Joystick, CRACKIN' DJ PART 2 JP, DOUBLE AXLE DX US, ENFORCE W, GP RIDER JP, GUN SURVIVOR 2 JP/W, GUNBUSTER US, GUNHARD, HANG PILOT US, Ikari III JP, JET WAVE JP, Last Survivor, MARS TV JP, MAZAN US, NINJA ASSAULT JP/W, OutRunners JP, Panic ROAD DE, PUNCH-OUT!! JP, Radirgy Ver. A, SPACE GUN JP/US, STARBLADE W, SUPER RANGER DE, SUZUKA 8 Hours 2 JP, TERRA FORCE JP, THUNDER ZONE JP, Western Express JP

JimmyIMC
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/27/15
Send PM

Re: DU: Atomiswave software dumper new [Re: ShouTime]
#349593 - 01/26/16 10:01 AM

> I know who has Kenju and Chase 1929.

Good to know that Shoutime, these cartridges are difficult to track down

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4595