Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Mortal Kombat Arcade - Secret/Hidden Ed Boon Menus Finally Discovered
#350557 - 02/23/16 12:25 AM

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Mortal Kombat Arcade - Secret/Hidden Ed Boon Menus Finally Discovered new [Re: B2K24]
#350559 - 02/23/16 01:51 AM

You mean the menus that have had descriptions for at least the past few months on the MK1-3 pages on tcrf.net ? The ones that they tell you the button combos to get, and have done for months? I'm not sure why he thinks those were "just discovered"...

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Mortal Kombat Arcade - Secret/Hidden Ed Boon Menus Finally Discovered new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#350564 - 02/23/16 04:08 AM

> You mean the menus that have had descriptions for at least the past few months on the
> MK1-3 pages on tcrf.net ? The ones that they tell you the button combos to get, and
> have done for months? I'm not sure why he thinks those were "just discovered"...

... no wonder I thought I'd seen those before.

Wonder why he said they were "just discovered"?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Send PM

Re: Mortal Kombat Arcade - Secret/Hidden Ed Boon Menus Finally Discovered new [Re: Foxhack]
#350567 - 02/23/16 07:07 AM

Is it possible Ed Boon released these to someone or was it found by some other means?

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Mortal Kombat Arcade - Secret/Hidden Ed Boon Menus Finally Discovered new [Re: B2K24]
#350579 - 02/23/16 01:19 PM

> Is it possible Ed Boon released these to someone or was it
> found by some other means?

Maybe, but the point here is that these menus have been known about for at least a couple months, so it's factually incorrect for the guy in the videos to be saying it was "just discovered a few days ago", when the videos themselves were only posted a few days ago.

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

#350590 - 02/23/16 05:55 PM

Hi all will these be appearing in the info section that tells you the moves? or added to the command dat ? not sure if i'm right on the command dat or something that you have to download so that you can see in the info section. THANKS

B2K24
Send PM

Re: Mortal Kombat Arcade - Secret/Hidden Ed Boon Menus Finally Discovered new [Re: agard]
#350593 - 02/23/16 06:10 PM

> Hi all will these be appearing in the info section that tells you the moves? or added
> to the command dat ? not sure if i'm right on the command dat or something that you
> have to download so that you can see in the info section. THANKS

I think the specific commands should be added to mameinfo.dat because the information can be looked at right before launching one of the games.

command.dat would be OK as well, but definitely want to see it added to mameinfo

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#350602 - 02/23/16 08:44 PM

> > Hi all will these be appearing in the info section that tells you the moves? or
> added
> > to the command dat ? not sure if i'm right on the command dat or something that you
> > have to download so that you can see in the info section. THANKS
>
> I think the specific commands should be added to mameinfo.dat because the information
> can be looked at right before launching one of the games.
>
> command.dat would be OK as well, but definitely want to see it added to mameinfo

Plus there are MAME cheat codes listed at The Cutting Room Floor which will let you access the menus after activating them. I suppose they'll be added to each cheat.dat variant out there eventually.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#350606 - 02/23/16 09:55 PM

> > Hi all will these be appearing in the info section that tells you the moves? or
> added
> > to the command dat ? not sure if i'm right on the command dat or something that you
> > have to download so that you can see in the info section. THANKS
>
> I think the specific commands should be added to mameinfo.dat because the information
> can be looked at right before launching one of the games.
>
> command.dat would be OK as well, but definitely want to see it added to mameinfo

Don't you mean history.dat? mameinfo.dat tends more to be for info scavenged from MAME whatsnews, changelogs, MAMEDev WIP pages, etc.

- Stiletto

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#350607 - 02/23/16 10:14 PM

I didn't know about this. F2 doesn't bring that one up. Just bring up the other one.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

B2K24
Send PM

Re: Mortal Kombat Arcade - Secret/Hidden Ed Boon Menus Finally Discovered new [Re: Stiletto]
#350608 - 02/23/16 10:14 PM

> Don't you mean history.dat? mameinfo.dat tends more to be for info scavenged from
> MAME whatsnews, changelogs, MAMEDev WIP pages, etc.
>
> - Stiletto

That would work too and probably fits better there

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

Re: Mortal Kombat Arcade - Secret/Hidden Ed Boon Menus Finally Discovered new [Re: Stiletto]
#350617 - 02/24/16 12:33 AM

I'm still new to this great Mame even though i've used it for many years, theres always something new that i'm learning.
I knew it was some dat or history thing or cheat file.
Many THANKS to all that bring us stuff like this.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

Geek.com thinks this is fresh news too... new [Re: Foxhack]
#350692 - 02/26/16 01:13 AM

Link: Secret menu found in Mortal Kombat 20 years later

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Mortal Kombat Arcade - Secret/Hidden Ed Boon Menus Finally Discovered new [Re: agard]
#350747 - 02/27/16 03:18 AM

> Hi all will these be appearing in the info section that tells you the moves? or added
> to the command dat ? not sure if i'm right on the command dat or something that you
> have to download so that you can see in the info section. THANKS

This kind of info appears always at history.dat, someone will submit it sooner or later. That dat holds all cheats, easter eggs and unlock inputs known by the community.

It's also probable there will be a input shortcut for cheat.dat later. I'm not that skillful inputting this with a keyboard, however the advance frame function is quite handy to make it fast (default Shift+P). Basically I alternate between hold and release every two frames.

(Shift+P) Hold block (Shift+P)x2 Release block (Shift+P)x2 Hold block...

Alexis B.
Historian
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Cannes, FRANCE
Send PM

#350793 - 02/27/16 09:54 PM

I added the "Secret Menu" codes for the four first Mortal Kombat in their Tips and Tricks sections.

Updated texts will be available on the next History.dat extraction

See my collection: here

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4437