MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

John IVModerator
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Washington, USA
Send PM

[Annc] MameUI64 .172 & snaps/icons released.
#352170 - 03/30/16 05:50 PM

http://www.mameui.info/

Icons and Snaps released 3/31 12:35am PST

john iv

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Re: [Annc] MameUI64 .172 released. new [Re: John IV]
#352185 - 03/30/16 09:15 PM

is there a way to have the old-ish mameui interface,with the snapshot AND the history description both in one handy window,rather than having to click to switch between the two?

jordanrom
Reged: 01/10/05
Send PM

#352187 - 03/30/16 09:46 PM

> http://www.mameui.info/
>
> Snaps/Icons later.

The Multi-threading option is now gone from the Advanced tab? Is it just auto-on now?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: [Annc] MameUI64 .172 released. new [Re: jordanrom]
#352189 - 03/30/16 10:25 PM

> > http://www.mameui.info/
> >
> > Snaps/Icons later.
>
> The Multi-threading option is now gone from the Advanced tab? Is it just auto-on now?

-mt as a command has ceased to be. It may be revisited at a later date.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#352191 - 03/30/16 10:48 PM

-

cyberdman
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/04/06
Send PM

Re: [Annc] MameUI64 .172 released. new [Re: Solstar]
#352196 - 03/30/16 11:17 PM

Of course. I thought that was common knowledge. Go to > Options > Interface Options > Show History On Tab pulldown set to All.

cyberdman

jordanrom
Reged: 01/10/05
Send PM

Re: [Annc] MameUI64 .172 released. new [Re: Tafoid]
#352197 - 03/30/16 11:40 PM

> -mt as a command has ceased to be. It may be revisited at a later date.

Have not had time to test but I assume it just uses all cores by default now?

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

#352198 - 03/30/16 11:48 PM

Quote:

Mirrored here (32 and 64): http://www.progettosnaps.net/mameui/

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: [Annc] MameUI64 .172 released. new [Re: jordanrom]
#352199 - 03/31/16 12:02 AM

> > -mt as a command has ceased to be. It may be revisited at a later date.
>
> Have not had time to test but I assume it just uses all cores by default now?

Multi-threading, in this case, involves graphics as it uses another core for the final drawing operation which in theory gives some performance boost for multi/hyperthreaded systems with slower video cards. The disadvantages simply outweigh the positives as this point so it was scrapped for now.

John IVModerator
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Washington, USA
Send PM

#352210 - 03/31/16 03:22 AM

I just re-uploaded the dist package to my site w/ all the new MAME .172 support files that had previously been out of date, so new docs folder w/ license etc., plugins, hlsl presets in \ini, languages, bgfx, etc.

john iv

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: [Annc] MameUI64 .172 released. new [Re: cyberdman]
#352228 - 03/31/16 01:10 PM

err that's the problem.i already did that but i still have those as two separate tabs :\

cyberdman
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/04/06
Send PM

Re: [Annc] MameUI64 .172 released. new [Re: Solstar]
#352272 - 04/01/16 01:38 AM

Oh yeah you have to do one more thing to get it to work right. In the View pulldown menu, go to View > Show Pictures and check everything except for History. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but as soon as you uncheck History from that menu you will get the view you want. Have fun!

cyberdman

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: [Annc] MameUI64 .172 released. new [Re: cyberdman]
#352308 - 04/01/16 07:25 PM

that did the trick!thanks!

MADrigal
Reged: 10/16/10
Send PM

Re: [Annc] MameUI64 .172 & snaps/icons released. new [Re: John IV]
#352440 - 04/04/16 10:01 AM

problem: i can't get mameui to save the desired settings.

example: enable HLSL, enable cheats.

I set these via the MameUI interface. apply. then re-opened the same settings panel... no changes: options still disabled

i then changed the settings directly to the .ini and .cfg files and restarted MameUI.

this time the settings were imported correctly.

however, whatever game I launch, the settings are not used (that is: HLSL and cheats are still disabled)

is it just me having problems, or is it common to other users?

thanks for your time.

Edited by MADrigal (04/04/16 10:03 AM)

http://www.madrigaldesign.it/
-> CreatiVEmu: Creativision Emulation Central
-> MADrigal's simulators
-> Game & Watch Mania

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Send PM

Re: [Annc] MameUI64 .172 & snaps/icons released. new [Re: MADrigal]
#352616 - 04/07/16 01:49 AM

-

MADrigal
Reged: 10/16/10
Send PM

Re: [Annc] MameUI64 .172 & snaps/icons released. new [Re: Robbbert]
#352640 - 04/07/16 09:46 AM

I did as you said - It works GREAT! :-)

Thanks!

http://www.madrigaldesign.it/
-> CreatiVEmu: Creativision Emulation Central
-> MADrigal's simulators
-> Game & Watch Mania

Coherencia
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/25/16
Send PM

Re: A simple question new [Re: John IV]
#352662 - 04/07/16 11:04 PM

Why no add support for the folder of software?.

I no understand why need two GUI's, one for the arcade's and other for the PC's and consoles and the software list. Why the need of MAMEUI and MESSUI?, why no integrate all in the same GUI?, why no add the software folder?.

My dream is a MAMEUI separated of the code of MAME, independient frontend of MAMEUI separated of the code of MAME, but this probably never happen.

Regards.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Send PM

Re: A simple question new [Re: Coherencia]
#352668 - 04/08/16 12:17 AM

-

Coherencia
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/25/16
Send PM

Re: A simple question new [Re: Robbbert]
#352675 - 04/08/16 07:08 AM

> Get MESSUI if you want that.

Yes, I get MESSUI, but in the next questions I asked why the need of two GUI's for that thing, why no integrate all in the same GUI?...

> It will happen only if you make it happen.

I tried to program in the past, but this is not interesting to me and is a complicated thing for me. I want to study medicine, and I read books of that all related to the brain, neurology and psychology, and much more. Thanks but at this moment I not want to learn a language program. My dream is a dream because of that and I say it probably never happen, but probably never happen because of that: I not really want this to happen, and none more people really want to happen.

I have written this in the past: "Sorry for my poor english", probably I include this in my signature (;.

Regards.

Edited by Coherencia (04/08/16 07:37 AM)

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: A simple question new [Re: Coherencia]
#352680 - 04/08/16 01:48 PM

> > Get MESSUI if you want that.
>
> Yes, I get MESSUI, but in the next questions I asked why the need of two GUI's for
> that thing, why no integrate all in the same GUI?...
>

If MAMEUI is to continue that is what should happen, yes, and any bugs should be fixed.

We merged the official projects, and it's been a resounding success I feel, we've seen more interest than ever in the various components.

There have been some rather vocal people against it, and some who are taking time to fully understand it, but the general feeling I'm getting from people, and energy that's been injected into the project seems incredibly positive.

If MAMEUI were an official part of the project we would have done exactly what is suggested when the merger happened, take the MOST CAPABLE of the codebases, and use that one.

I think the issue here is, and it comes across very strongly in the comments, MAMEUI users are allergic to change, they want what they had, exactly how they had it, forever; there have been practically no compelling reasons put forward in this thread by most of the posts (one or two good posts, that's it)

I did some research of my own on the subject a while back, and ended up with similar results, in the end the conclusion was that most users wanted a 100% native windows application in a single application so that they could always update just by copying a single file.. That was actually rather worrying because even now that's the worst possible way to update.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

Re: A simple question new [Re: Haze]
#352683 - 04/08/16 02:37 PM

> > > Get MESSUI if you want that.
> >
> > Yes, I get MESSUI, but in the next questions I asked why the need of two GUI's for
> > that thing, why no integrate all in the same GUI?...
> >
>
> If MAMEUI is to continue that is what should happen, yes, and any bugs should be
> fixed.
>
> We merged the official projects, and it's been a resounding success I feel, we've
> seen more interest than ever in the various components.
>
> There have been some rather vocal people against it, and some who are taking time to
> fully understand it, but the general feeling I'm getting from people, and energy
> that's been injected into the project seems incredibly positive.
>
> If MAMEUI were an official part of the project we would have done exactly what is
> suggested when the merger happened, take the MOST CAPABLE of the codebases, and use
> that one.
>
> I think the issue here is, and it comes across very strongly in the comments, MAMEUI
> users are allergic to change, they want what they had, exactly how they had it,
> forever; there have been practically no compelling reasons put forward in this thread
> by most of the posts (one or two good posts, that's it)
>
>
> I did some research of my own on the subject a while back, and ended up with similar
> results, in the end the conclusion was that most users wanted a 100% native windows
> application in a single application so that they could always update just by copying
> a single file.. That was actually rather worrying because even now that's the worst
> possible way to update.

I agree. I gues that what people want is a unique program that combines the emulation side (MAME) with a very use-friendly, complete, flexible enough and easy to use frontend (QMC2). Actually this combination is very powerful and flexible at the same time, and a combination of these two in one package would be nice to see someday.

However, QMC2 handles configuration settings in a way that may not please everybody. It can be somewhat painful at first to set it properly and it doesn't like you to keep messing aroung with the configuration paths. That said it is a mature, solid frontend for MAME, way better than both mameui/messui put together IMO.

I do respect both mameui/messui projects as well, I've used both in the past and I enjoyed them for some time, but today I prefer QMC2 hands down.

For the update side of the story, if the MAME/QMC2 combination comes to be one single massive project, it could feature a 'check for updates' button just like many Windows programs, where you click the button and the program goes to a specific URL, downloads the latest files to your machine and perform the update automatically, removing old unecessary files and replacing them with new ones. Just my 2cents here.

Edited by Roger Coltrane (04/08/16 02:47 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4144