Re: Gals Panic 2 Original PCB new [Re: CTOJAH]
#359151 - 09/30/16 05:54 PM

> > Video as been posted.
> > Enjoy.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xclOT_CYdR4
>
> Now what ???

The request posting a video gameplay of that game as been added only. Want the game fixed on mame? Get Back In Line.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Gals Panic 2 Original PCB new [Re: CTOJAH]
#359152 - 09/30/16 07:03 PM

> > Video as been posted.
> > Enjoy.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xclOT_CYdR4
>
> Now what ???

It's AnimalBear. Same old annoying fuckwit, just registered under a different username because he keeps getting banned.

Funny thing is, he's actually the reason why Haze has zero interest in looking into Gals Panic 2, because he's so annoying.

PooshhMao
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/13/06
Send PM

Re: Gals Panic 2 Original PCB new [Re: Ice Cream]
#359156 - 09/30/16 08:13 PM

Hi fellow MAME user,

Just what *is* the point of the posts you make here?
MAMEdev is under no obligation to dedicate their free time to satisfy your personal desires. On the other hand, they would most certainly welcome any effort making this particular game playable in MAME, because they're usually too busy performing small (and sadly underappreciated) miracles all the time.

You have the PCB, so you're in a great position to contribute your experience with it to the project.

You can find MAME's git page here. We look forward to your pull request.

Sincerely

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Gals Panic 2 Original PCB new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#359157 - 09/30/16 08:25 PM

It isn't AnimalBear and AnimalBear is not banned. I don't think he ever was banned here, he just changed his name.

I'm pretty sure this video was posted by someone on another board and Ice Cream just saw the link. He does not seem smart enough to wire up a supergun (not that it's difficult).

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/20/16
Send PM

Re: Gals Panic 2 Original PCB new [Re: PooshhMao]
#359158 - 09/30/16 08:35 PM

> Hi fellow MAME user,
>
> Just what *is* the point of the posts you make here?
> MAMEdev is under no obligation to dedicate their free time to satisfy your personal
> desires. On the other hand, they would most certainly welcome any effort making this
> particular game playable in MAME, because they're usually too busy performing small
> (and sadly underappreciated) miracles all the time.
>
> You have the PCB, so you're in a great position to contribute your experience with it
> to the project.
>
> You can find MAME's git page here. We look forward to your pull request.
>
> Sincerely

I sad in one old previous post in August seems you don´t read it, some friend is going to release a small gameplay of the game and you people are ungratefull that's is all about here? And i know that website long time ago.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Re: Gals Panic 2 Original PCB new [Re: Smitdogg]
#359159 - 09/30/16 09:25 PM

His shitty English and his obsession with Gals Panic 2 square up perfectly. Just because the IP address is different doesn't mean it's not the same person. As for AnimalBear not being banned, that's a shame. Part of MAMEWorld's problem is that it gives credibility to people who have nothing better to do than to harangue devs in broken English for whatever shitty game du jour they're obsessed about.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#359160 - 09/30/16 09:34 PM

> > Hi fellow MAME user,
> >
> > Just what *is* the point of the posts you make here?
> > MAMEdev is under no obligation to dedicate their free time to satisfy your personal
> > desires. On the other hand, they would most certainly welcome any effort making
> this
> > particular game playable in MAME, because they're usually too busy performing small
> > (and sadly underappreciated) miracles all the time.
> >
> > You have the PCB, so you're in a great position to contribute your experience with
> it
> > to the project.
> >
> > You can find MAME's git page here. We look forward to your pull request.
> >
> > Sincerely
>
> I sad in one old previous post in August seems you don´t read it, some friend is
> going to release a small gameplay of the game and you people are ungratefull that's
> is all about here? And i know that website long time ago.

To be honest, this video link would be better off somewhere like MAMETesters (or mentioned in the MAME source tree), so any interested parties can use it as reference.

MAMEWorld isn't the center of the MAME discussion universe - especially when it comes to non-English speaking devs - so any benefit the video may bring will be limited.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#359161 - 09/30/16 09:51 PM

I didn't mention an IP address. He doesn't seem like AnimalBear at all to me but I could be wrong.

Asking for stricter modding... I'm not sure how you got through typing that paragraph without drowning in your own irony. Surely you know you are famous for having horrible messageboard manners? You're actually more famous for that than anyone else in the entire emulation scene.

I like the mostly hands off modding. For one thing, you guys who want heavier modding must be pretty damn conceited up your own asses if you think you deserve me spending my valuable free time shadowing your typing on messageboards, lol. I don't even read half the posts. Why should I? For another thing I find shaming trolls a lot more effective than banning. They can't get banned and then run off to another board and cry "waaah Smitdogg banned me, they are fascist etc." Instead of that they can go whine, then when anyone checks their story they will see they are a piece of shit that deserved getting publicly lambasted.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#359163 - 09/30/16 10:22 PM

> It isn't AnimalBear and AnimalBear is not banned. I don't think he ever was banned
> here, he just changed his name.
>
> I'm pretty sure this video was posted by someone on another board and Ice Cream just
> saw the link. He does not seem smart enough to wire up a supergun (not that it's
> difficult).

based on postings on my own site, it's Animalbear, if not there's some freaky IP collision combined with the same obsession for a Gals Panic game nobody else cares about.

he changes his name every damn week on YouTube too, even denying that is him when the name links right back to the profile under the original name.

I don't think we can be *too* harsh on him tho, I think he has an actual disability like another frequent poster, if anything he seems to be on the decline, which might explain the desperation for certain titles.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#359165 - 09/30/16 10:32 PM

> It isn't AnimalBear

Both AnimalBear and Ice Cream post using the 94.132.21.* host mask. Including another annoying user from the past.

You were saying, Smit?

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Re: Gals Panic 2 Original PCB new [Re: Haze]
#359166 - 09/30/16 10:34 PM

> I don't think we can be *too* harsh on him tho, I think he has an actual disability
> like another frequent poster, if anything he seems to be on the decline, which might
> explain the desperation for certain titles.

I think we can be just as harsh as we want. A disability, even a fatal one, doesn't give someone free reign to be a fucking insufferable idiot. It's just a shame that he's ensuring that the memory of his life will be a negative, bitter one.

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

#359167 - 09/30/16 10:35 PM

Ah Gals panic 2 it's safe to say outta all the Kaneko games that were unemulated some years back this was the one that for most people would be at the back of the queue when it came to seeing it fully playable in MAME.

Although i must admit i liked the first game in the series anyway dont it need a MCU decaped or simulated in order for it to work..??

Arcade Addict

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#359170 - 09/30/16 10:45 PM

Well like I said in my previous reply, "but maybe Í'm wrong", in regard to whether he is or isn't AnimalBear. It still doesn't change anything other than the fact that I used to think he was simply stupid and now we know he is also a douche. I stand by what I previously said about modding. If other mods want to waste their time and/or be stricter I don't give a shit. I've never been a heavy banner ever.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#359171 - 09/30/16 10:49 PM

> Asking for stricter modding... I'm not sure how you got through typing that paragraph
> without drowning in your own irony. Surely you know you are famous for having
> horrible messageboard manners? You're actually more famous for that than anyone else
> in the entire emulation scene.

I didn't ask for leniency. I asked for some measure of consistency. These forums are called "MAMEWorld" yet you seem to be more than willing to let people run roughshod over the project from which your site takes its fucking namesake.

> I like the mostly hands off modding.

Me too.

> For one thing, you guys who want heavier modding
> must be pretty damn conceited up your own asses if you think you deserve me spending
> my valuable free time shadowing your typing on messageboards, lol. I don't even read
> half the posts. Why should I?

Who said you need to spend your valuable time shadowing this and that? About all I expect is that you take action against the people who seem to have nothing better to do than to shit on the project that your site takes its very name from.

> For another thing I find shaming trolls a lot more
> effective than banning.

I would, too. Except for over a decade MAMEWorld has been the go-to site for people who want nothing more than to shit on MAME and what the project represents. I for one am baffled by the fact that you throw your considerable political weight behind undeniably beneficial projects like The Dumping Union, yet you seem to have no problem with people laying out a fat coil on the chests of all of us who have spent 10 or more years of our own time, seeing not a thin fucking dime of recompense, working on the project which, again, this site is apparently named after.

> They can't get banned and then run off to another board and
> cry "waaah Smitdogg banned me, they are fascist etc."

Oh no, Ice Cream can now run off to whatever website based out of shithole Jackfuckistan that he comes from, to cry that we don't want to fall over ourselves to emulate Gals Panic 2 because he's a fucked up, harrassing, shitty human being. Oh no. How horrible.

> Instead of that they can go
> whine, then when anyone checks their story they will see they are a piece of shit
> that deserved getting publicly lambasted.

People can check the story of someone who's banned just as easily, and it'll just as handily show that he's a fuckwit obsessed with Gal's Panic 2 beyond the point of any reason. I fail to see how banning these idiots changes that.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#359175 - 09/30/16 11:03 PM

Great now you've dragged me into one of "these" discussions, and on a fucking Friday. Thanks friend. Now I remember reason #150 why offhands modding beats your ideas.

> > Asking for stricter modding... I'm not sure how you got through typing that
> paragraph
> > without drowning in your own irony. Surely you know you are famous for having
> > horrible messageboard manners? You're actually more famous for that than anyone
> else
> > in the entire emulation scene.
>
> I didn't ask for leniency. I asked for some measure of consistency.

Not banning you when you act like a child and not banning a moron when he gets mad at you is consistent.

> These forums are
> called "MAMEWorld" yet you seem to be more than willing to let people run roughshod
> over the project from which your site takes its fucking namesake.

Oh God, you didn't just call MAME "the project", did you? Hang on while I swallow what I just puked up in my mouth. Still in 2016 after all the times I've told you how mameworld rolls, you're still acting like this. Is this clear enough: mame is a computer program. mamedevs are some people on a mailing list. Nobody here will ever, ever ever ever, get special treatment for being on a mailing list. Not while I'm alive. Your horseshit wannabe guilt trip ass lick means fuck all.

> > I like the mostly hands off modding.
>
> Me too.
>
> > For one thing, you guys who want heavier modding
> > must be pretty damn conceited up your own asses if you think you deserve me
> spending
> > my valuable free time shadowing your typing on messageboards, lol. I don't even
> read
> > half the posts. Why should I?
>
> Who said you need to spend your valuable time shadowing this and that? About all I
> expect is that you take action against the people who seem to have nothing better to
> do than to shit on the project that your site takes its very name from.

There you go with the project again. If people have a problem with the computer program mame that doesn't break a rule. If people have a problem with someone on a mailing list, that also doesn't break a rule.

> > For another thing I find shaming trolls a lot more
> > effective than banning.
>
> I would, too. Except for over a decade MAMEWorld has been the go-to site for people
> who want nothing more than to shit on MAME and what the project represents. I for one
> am baffled by the fact that you throw your considerable political weight behind
> undeniably beneficial projects like The Dumping Union, yet you seem to have no
> problem with people laying out a fat coil on the chests of all of us who have spent
> 10 or more years of our own time, seeing not a thin fucking dime of recompense,
> working on the project which, again, this site is apparently named after.

What a load of shit. If people talk shit about the DU I'll probably argue with them about it because I'm on the DU. If people talk shit about mamedev then you can argue with them because you're on mamedev. What am I missing, can you not defend yourself all of a sudden? And you think the site would be better if I ban everyone you fight with? What a lame piece of shit this site would be if I did that. Then the trolls would actually be right, mameworld would be fascist.

> > They can't get banned and then run off to another board and
> > cry "waaah Smitdogg banned me, they are fascist etc."
>
> Oh no, Ice Cream can now run off to whatever website based out of shithole
> Jackfuckistan that he comes from, to cry that we don't want to fall over ourselves to
> emulate Gals Panic 2 because he's a fucked up, harrassing, shitty human being. Oh no.
> How horrible.
>
> > Instead of that they can go
> > whine, then when anyone checks their story they will see they are a piece of shit
> > that deserved getting publicly lambasted.
>
> People can check the story of someone who's banned just as easily, and it'll just as
> handily show that he's a fuckwit obsessed with Gal's Panic 2 beyond the point of any
> reason. I fail to see how banning these idiots changes that.

It would change it because in most cases the ugly threads would also be deleted or edited, if stronger modding was implemented.

ChoccyHobNob
OS X and Raspberry Pi guy
Reged: 09/26/14
Send PM

#359176 - 09/30/16 11:09 PM

It was worth reading this entire thread for the phrase "laying out a fat coil on the chests of all of us".

Cracking imagery

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#359178 - 09/30/16 11:23 PM

Not going to lie, all of your answers make sense, and I can't find fault with them. I appreciate you being straight with me.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#359179 - 09/30/16 11:38 PM

Can we all please just forget about TurdBear and have a Beer, Wine, coffee, or w/e you do while playing some games on this fine Friday Evening.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Gals Panic 2 Original PCB new [Re: B2K24]
#359218 - 10/01/16 10:19 PM

> Can we all please just forget about TurdBear and have a Beer, Wine, coffee, or w/e
> you do while playing some games on this fine Friday Evening.

Although it's not Friday as I type this, I do agree with your sentiment.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2817