MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Maria Fernanda
Reged: 11/27/16
Send PM

Mortal kombat yawdim version
#360648 - 11/27/16 01:58 AM

Well this is my first post, my question is.
Why the Mortal kombat yawdim bootleg from MAME is not like the original arcade version, maybe needs a own driver like the Art of fighting bootleg, Fit Of Fighting the which runs in a different driver that the original Art of fighting.
This the Mortal kombat yawdim running from a original cabinet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKBKcUZCnfY

Ther sky is black and have another differences.

Thanks for read me and sorry for my bad english, i'm learning.

Maria Fernanda
Send PM

Re: Mortal kombat yawdim version new [Re: Maria Fernanda]
#360651 - 11/27/16 02:15 AM

Another Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYpNaUOvcrA

The intro when boots the game not chech the roms like the MAME version, the sky is black and the music is not messed up like in MAME.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Mortal kombat yawdim version new [Re: Maria Fernanda]
#360654 - 11/27/16 04:23 AM

If you pay attention to the video title it clearly says: "Mortal Kombat 1 - Rare Bootleg / Hack From Mexico (Black Ninja?) [not Mamed yet; read description]". This particular bootleg isn't in MAME but another one does, which explains why both versions behave different.

Also Fit of Fighting runs on anything other than the NEOGEO MVS system, which explains why it has its own driver rather than include it as a hacked set like the CPS2 Phoenix Edition bootlegs.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Mortal kombat yawdim version new [Re: BIOS-D]
#360656 - 11/27/16 04:58 AM

> If you pay attention to the video title it clearly says: "Mortal Kombat 1 - Rare
> Bootleg / Hack From Mexico (Black Ninja?) [not Mamed yet; read description]". This
> particular bootleg isn't in MAME but another one does, which explains why both
> versions behave different.
>
> Also Fit of Fighting runs on anything other than the NEOGEO MVS system, which
> explains why it has its own driver rather than include it as a hacked set like the
> CPS2 Phoenix Edition bootlegs.

Yeah, Fit of Fighting is a completely rewritten game just using the original art assets.

Mortal Kombat is just a bootleg with some hacked code, and presumably a faulty reproduction of the original hardware. Emulating bootleg specific hardware glitches like this are very, very low priority as it means finding the way to break the emulation in the same way the bootleg hardware didn't quite support it.

Maria Fernanda
Send PM

Re: Mortal kombat yawdim version new [Re: Haze]
#360657 - 11/27/16 05:48 AM

Thanks for the answers

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Mortal kombat yawdim version new [Re: BIOS-D]
#360675 - 11/27/16 10:21 PM

> If you pay attention to the video title it clearly says: "Mortal Kombat 1 - Rare
> Bootleg / Hack From Mexico (Black Ninja?) [not Mamed yet; read description]". This
> particular bootleg isn't in MAME but another one does, which explains why both
> versions behave different.
>
> Also Fit of Fighting runs on anything other than the NEOGEO MVS system, which
> explains why it has its own driver rather than include it as a hacked set like the
> CPS2 Phoenix Edition bootlegs.

I remember seeing at least three different YAWDIM versions of the game when I was in junior high / high school (94-97) in my hometown alone. (In Mexico, for those who don't know.) They all behaved differently, but I never got too much time with them.

I wonder if the arcade company that rented these out in town still has them... they're still operating. Hell their HQ and main storage facility is like four blocks away from my house...

(I've always dreamed that someone from The Dumping Union would come down here and grab some games to back up, heh.)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Mortal kombat yawdim version new [Re: Foxhack]
#360679 - 11/28/16 03:02 AM

If they have anything interesting for sale we could send you money. That's a lot more likely than them letting us walk in and dump stuff, even if we could get down there.

All those bootlegs probably died and got stripped for parts and trashed.

Bigster
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/22/09
Send PM

#360680 - 11/28/16 03:31 AM

See if the Mexican op has any of the bootlegs so we can get them dumped.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Mortal kombat yawdim version new [Re: Smitdogg]
#360693 - 11/28/16 10:37 PM

> If they have anything interesting for sale we could send you money. That's a lot more
> likely than them letting us walk in and dump stuff, even if we could get down there.

... Seriously? You would do that? Cool, then. I'll try to contact the manager or owner and see if they have any older unused game boards for sale. Hell, you might get a bargain with how shitty the Peso is at the moment, heh.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#360694 - 11/28/16 10:43 PM

If they have undumped stuff, absolutely.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2519