Pages: 1

kazafog
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/15/16
Send PM

screen tearing/flicker every 30 seconds - MAMEUI32 v161 new
#361280 - 12/15/16 09:27 PM

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me out this is driving me nuts. I have an old MAME PLUS PLUS (v142?) that runs flawlessly on my cabinet. But I thought I'd upgrade to v161. My pc is an old lenovo dual core (model AW2), 2G ram with xp pro and a GVA LCD TV as the monitor (60hz). The monitor is connected via VGA to the on board graphics.

Now.... my drama is this flash/tear that happens every 30 sec (you could set your watch by it) regardless of the game being played and whether you are actually interacting with the game or not (even happens when paused). It flashes diagonally across the screen with the LHS being the lower end (ie the RHS the high side). I have tried changing the video settings within mame and cannot win. I also tried setting the monitor to 75hz but this doesn't help and messes up the game play. I also tried the command line v178 which does the same thing.

Any ideas????

Anyone????

Edited by kazafog (12/16/16 09:28 PM)

kazafog
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: screen tearing/flicker every 30 seconds - MAMEUI32 v161 [Re: kazafog]
#361307 - 12/16/16 09:29 PM

anyone got an idea what's happening????

DaffyDuck
As silly/crazy as possible
Reged: 10/04/06
Send PM

Re: screen tearing/flicker every 30 seconds - MAMEUI32 v161 new [Re: kazafog]
#361338 - 12/17/16 11:37 AM

> anyone got an idea what's happening????

Are you using MAMEPUI or M+GUI for frontend?

Try the latest MAME Plus UI 0.168 from Robbbert:
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...new=#Post360414

Or if you want M+GUI frontend check my post:
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...new=#Post361193

Try with a clean install of MAME Plus 0.168 (put it in a separate folder, do not unpack it in the old one and overwrite files)

You can find the latest non-ui build of mameplus 0.168 at emu-france.com or from progettosnaps.net
http://www.progettosnaps.net/mameplus/

If you still have problems then try with an older version, for example 0.149

Edited by DaffyDuck (12/17/16 11:45 AM)

Daffy Duck

kazafog
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: screen tearing/flicker every 30 seconds - MAMEUI32 v161 new [Re: DaffyDuck]
#361392 - 12/18/16 10:29 PM

thanks Daffy,

I am using MAMEUI32 v168, not PLUS or any frontends.

but looks like i have sorted it to some degree. I tried a different monitor and vga cable and received a different symptom. The screen went to a solid mixture of black and white when a game was started (solid in colour, ie no sign of the game that was playing), though I could still here the game.

What I've found is that direct3D is the problem the other video modes do not display the same as the original game and/or misbehave with lines rolling up the screen etc so I had skipped over them.

But....... "OpenGL" mode does not misbehave or have any distortions etc and looks close enough to the original game (for me).

Just out of interest though, can you tell me if the MAME Plus you mentioned is compatible with hiscore?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1428