View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dipdog
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/11/13
Send PM

Mala and Mess
#362310 - 01/07/17 12:23 AM

Just wanted to see if there's something easy I'm missing. I'm using Mala 1.74 with Mame on WinXP in an arcade cabinet with a SlikStik controller. I've played around with it now, and it works great. I wanted to try using some other emulators with the "Other Emu Config" tab in Mala. I've tried setting up command line Mess without any luck, but I've been able to get MessUI to work by itself (ie. outside of Mala) with Atari 2600 and Sega Megadrive roms. I can also get Kega Fusion to work inside of Mala using the "Other Emu Config" tab. But, when I try to run MessUI inside of Mala using the "Other Emulators" tab, it tries to open and then immediately closes. I tried using 3 different versions of MessUI (.081b, .0143u3b, and .181). They're in the same subfolder as Fusion (called C:Emulators/Programs). In the "Other Emu Config" tab, I directed Mala to the MessUI executable file, directed Mala to the ROMs path (Emulators/Programs/Messui/Software/Atari 2600 Roms), added "a26" for Atari and "bin" for Sega under "Rom extensions", and chose the preset Command Lines for Atari 2600 and Sega Megadrive. As I mentioned, Fusion works just fine as an additional emulator with Mala (and MessUi works fine outside of Mala too; I just can't get it to open inside of Mala). On all of the emulators (Fusion and MessUI), the games display in the Mala game list. When I'm in Fusion, I select a game, Fusion opens and runs it fine. But when I'm in MessUI, I select a game, I get the small black "Starting..." screen, the screen closes, I get the "closing program" sound, and nothing else happens. So I'm little stumped. Fusion works inside Mala. MessUI works by itself. But MessUI wont work inside Mala. Any thoughts?

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Mala and Mess new [Re: Dipdog]
#362320 - 01/07/17 01:23 PM

> Any thoughts?

Several, but the main one is that you'll probably encounter more people familiar with MaLa on the MaLa forums.

Dipdog
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/11/13
Send PM

Re: Mala and Mess new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#362344 - 01/08/17 05:19 PM

still interested, although I finally gave up and used Stella and Fusion.
For what it's worth, found a great post in Spanish (why is there so much on emulation in Spanish?) on setting up different emulators in Mala

https://translate.google.com/translate?s...xt=&act=url

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Mala and Mess new [Re: Dipdog]
#362345 - 01/08/17 09:39 PM

> For what it's worth, found a great post in Spanish (why is there so much on emulation
> in Spanish?) on setting up different emulators in Mala

That would be for many historical reasons. Spain (so as many Spanish speaking countries) are the biggest piracy consumers worldwide. Because of their laws, European game releases were delayed in Spain until it was adapted to their native language, so many recurred to piracy and emulation to get their games earlier. Because of the above there existed many Spanish speaking communities dedicated to emulation and dumping. I think the next ones are Brazilian, but all they do mostly is "żalgum brasileiro por aqui?" and asking questions in their language on English communities.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Mala and Mess new [Re: BIOS-D]
#362348 - 01/09/17 12:25 AM

> I think the next ones are Brazilian, but all they do mostly is
> "żalgum brasileiro por aqui?" and asking questions in their language on English
> communities.

Oh, you must have encountered the "polite" Brazilians. Most of the ones I've seen will join an IRC channel and just spam "br?" over and over again, and refuse to fuck off even if you tell them in their own language to speak English or leave. Why are Brazilians (present company excluded) so uniformly awful in terms of netiquette? At first I thought it was a Brazilian-emulation-fans thing, but no, it's just a Brazilians-in-general thing.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Why are you using that when you could try out GameEx? new [Re: Dipdog]
#362349 - 01/09/17 12:59 AM

B2K24 can tell you all about it.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

anikom15
Instigator/Local CRT Guru
Reged: 04/11/16
Send PM

#362353 - 01/09/17 05:21 AM

It's a Brazilians-in-general thing.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Or something. Mala is years out of development, yo. new [Re: Dullaron]
#362363 - 01/09/17 11:34 AM

While I mostly use it for arcade, I do have Daphne and PC games and stuff set up, but those require a batch file (or lnk file) set up for each game. Never bothered with MESS. Especially wouldn't now....unless there was some way to automate softlists or something.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

#362365 - 01/09/17 01:20 PM

I agree. Most Brazilians are assholes, except yours truly. I'm a Brazilian and an OK guy.
One of the reasons why I don't use IRC or visit Brazilian forums is the way the talk to you. Rude, cursing a lot and demanding things for free because they thing its a way of life and everybody else should do it.

Yes, there is a LOT of software piracy here in Brazil. Everything is super overpriced when it comes to electronics and games (computer/video game), and Brazilians use that to justify software piracy. There are laws against software piracy but most people don't give a sh@t.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: ciroconsentino@gmail.com

anikom15
Instigator/Local CRT Guru
Reged: 04/11/16
Send PM

Maybe it wouldn't be so overpriced if there wasn't so much piracy new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#362385 - 01/10/17 01:54 AM

But what do I know? I'm not an economist.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Maybe it wouldn't be so overpriced if there wasn't so much piracy new [Re: anikom15]
#362386 - 01/10/17 02:07 AM

Does that mean sneakers are pirated? Brazil has completely nonsensical pricing beyond video games and even bootleg pcbs there are outrageously priced. Software piracy is the same worldwide for anyone with half a brain enough to figure out torrents. Brazil just lays out burned discs on the street like morons who can't figure out the internet.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Maybe it wouldn't be so overpriced if there wasn't so much piracy new [Re: anikom15]
#362393 - 01/10/17 09:40 AM

Nah, it has to do with the ridiculous import tariffs on just about everything. This is supposed to encourage local research and development, but in practice it makes just about all local industry besides aerospace really lazy and uncompetitive while encouraging software piracy.

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

Re: Maybe it wouldn't be so overpriced if there wasn't so much piracy new [Re: Smitdogg]
#362396 - 01/10/17 12:34 PM

>> Does that mean sneakers are pirated?

Nope. But they are also overpriced.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: ciroconsentino@gmail.com

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Maybe it wouldn't be so overpriced if there wasn't so much piracy new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#362406 - 01/10/17 07:35 PM

That was my point. They make payments for years on a single pair of sneakers. Because of import taxes, not piracy.

(And of course, greed)

CptGuapo
Beat'em-ups Lover
Reged: 03/18/08
Loc: Off to Never Never Land
Send PM

#362429 - 01/11/17 07:15 AM

> Oh, you must have encountered the "polite" Brazilians. Most of the ones I've seen
> will join an IRC channel and just spam "br?" over and over again, and refuse to fuck
> off even if you tell them in their own language to speak English or leave. Why are
> Brazilians (present company excluded) so uniformly awful in terms of netiquette? At
> first I thought it was a Brazilian-emulation-fans thing, but no, it's just a
> Brazilians-in-general thing.

No, it's not a general thing. What it happens is there's part of the population that thinks the internet is too much complicated and only for posting photos, looking for MP3 and using YouTube to watch candid camera and comedy videos - no matter how much progress internet and computing have made -, and this is the kind of people who act this way you're talking about when in forums and alike, thinking the online world is absolutely a lawless land.

But believe me, Brazilians in average surprisingly do have improved their netiquette behavior in the last years... Social networks helped a lot with this process since they caused technology and internet illiterates to learn something else with the people who are more tech savvy...

It's a cultural thing too as we tend to be friendly and hospitable in all situations, however this normally go out of control...

Anyway, we're getting better, slowly, but nonetheless we are.

> I think the next ones are Brazilian, but all they do mostly is
> "żalgum brasileiro por aqui?" and asking questions in their language on English
> communities.

That initial inverted question mark is used only in Spanish, not in Portuguese.

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2424