View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Terry Bates
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/15/17
Send PM

HELP! Screen ROTATES! Windows 10
#363537 - 02/15/17 05:37 AM

Thanks Microsoft for my Windows 10 "free upgrade". Now I get to play half my games upside down or sidewides! Argh.... Really can not figure out an easy fix to the problem... I hope a new Config file might help, but so far not even that helps. Yeah it makes one rant! lol

Hi folks!... Ok, I'm new here, but not a total MAME newbie. For weeks off and on, I have been searching for the fix (to this MAME rotating/flipping screen upside down issue) Nothing helps. I have tried older and newer MAME VERSIONS I'm using MAMEUI64051 Which seemed fine under Win07 --- Ever since I got a computer with Windows 10 about half of my roms have serious issues with the screen rotating, or flipping upside down. Many are unplayable.

Now, I known how to use Ctrl+alt+ (the "up" arrow key flips my screen back to normal) I have even DISABLED "ROTATE" in my Win10.... I keep hoping it's a simple config issue... I'm at a lost. I also known one can use the command line somehow to use /rotate I think... Very unsure how to correct this problem... Can I insert "/rotate" in Config? Because I think I tried that too.. lol Anywy, been searching some time now.

Thanks for the time folks! :-)

Big fan of MAME since the 90's

Edited by Terry Bates (02/15/17 05:57 AM)

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: HELP! Screen ROTATES! Windows 10 new [Re: Terry Bates]
#363538 - 02/15/17 05:55 AM

That really sounds like your video driver. Sounds like Intel?

MAME does have a set of rotate options
-rotate rotate the game screen according to the game's orientation needs it
-ror rotate screen clockwise 90 degrees
-rol rotate screen counterclockwise 90 degrees
-autoror automatically rotate screen clockwise 90 degrees if vertical
-autorol automatically rotate screen counterclockwise 90 degrees if vertical
-flipx flip screen left-right
-flipy flip screen upside-down

But it really sounds like your driver is doing something odd. It may be worth snagging 'intel driver update' utility and installing the latest drivers. Win10 does not put in the latest ones just the latest certified drivers for your chipset. Even then they can be out of date.

You can create a config file using the '-createconfig' option. There are a set of rotate options in there. But it probably will not do you much good as they do pretty much the same thing as the command line. Worth a try though.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: HELP! Screen ROTATES! Windows 10 new [Re: Terry Bates]
#363541 - 02/15/17 07:55 AM

Read this thread to find out how to disable the Intel video driver "hot keys" because they conflict with the default MAME keyboard controls...

http://superuser.com/questions/358263/how-to-disable-screen-orientation-hot-keys

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Terry Bates
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/15/17
Send PM

Re: HELP! Screen ROTATES! Windows 10 new [Re: krick]
#363542 - 02/15/17 09:24 AM

I came back hear to proudly say "never mind", that the fix was in the Intel driver options hotkeys disable. I just tested a whole slew of games..But I say you-all posted the fix before I could..

Honestly, I used to work tech support... and this one totally escaped me until you-all mentioned the video driver *yeah, thought I had tried it all but, it was not until I went back into Intel's video Options I found the Hot Keys toggle for my first time. shesh... After a year of putting up with that pain.

WAHOO! FIXED! After months of googling. I have not read the link yet, but I will now.

Thanks

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2181