MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

New barcade near me has Revolution X new
#365780 - 05/06/17 05:11 AM

Drink in one hand gun in the other. So good. BTW Fix It Felix is the worst game I've ever played. Wouldn't play it again if it was on free play.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: New barcade near me has Revolution X new [Re: Smitdogg]
#365803 - 05/06/17 11:00 PM

> Drink in one hand gun in the other. So good. BTW Fix It Felix is the worst game I've
> ever played. Wouldn't play it again if it was on free play.

Did your barcade also have Guardians of the Hood?

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: New barcade near me has Revolution X new [Re: Master O]
#365804 - 05/06/17 11:06 PM

Nope. And Fix It Felix is a million times worse. It's literally one of the worst games I've ever played. The graphics are cute enough for making it a prop in a movie or character but that's it. The game must have taken all of 5 seconds to concoct and that's before getting into the coding/controls. People paying thousands for this shit cab are either morons or they bought it before playing it. The controls are literally worse than any game ever made. They're about like a laserdisc game generally guiding what the cartoon might do after a delay.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Re: New barcade near me has Revolution X [Re: Smitdogg]
#365810 - 05/07/17 12:25 AM

When You say "Fix It Felix", You think of Fix It Felix JR. or am I missing something ?
Also, I wanna know if this game is candidate for MAME ?

P.S. I totally disagree with You regarding controls; everything is just right - You are moving (L,R,U,D) Your character around building by moving joystick rapidly (just let the stick off after You moved to the one of the sides), not keep pushing to one of the sides, perhaps that is Your problem with controls ?!

P.P.S. There are at least 2 ports of this arcade game, one for PC and the other one for Sega MegaDrive/Genesis; both of them work just fine, too !

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: New barcade near me has Revolution X new [Re: CTOJAH]
#365813 - 05/07/17 12:58 AM

> When You say "Fix It Felix", You think of Fix It Felix JR. or am I missing something
> ?

I have no idea, are there 2 different games? It had the building in the background and most of the windows busted and there's a button to fix them and a button to jump and the cab looks like a hacked up Donkey Kong cab.

> Also, I wanna know if this game is candidate for MAME ?

Yes, it's a real arcade game, there's no denying it.

> P.S. I totally disagree with You regarding controls; everything is just right - You
> are moving (L,R,U,D) Your character around building by moving joystick rapidly (just
> let the stick off after You moved to the one of the sides), not keep pushing to one
> of the sides, perhaps that is Your problem with controls ?!

It's possible you've never played the real arcade version. When it came out there were people, I think on arcade controls forum, don't remember, who wanted the game in their cab so bad that someone re-wrote the game from scratch. On the game I played you move left or right and then about a second later the guy starts moving, and he doesn't stop when you let off the controller. It's like the polar opposite of the controls in Super Mario Bros. which were nothing short of phenomenal when it came out. It's also possible that you played the real version and this cab had the game break and they replaced it with the fake version, but I really really doubt it.

>
> P.P.S. There are at least 2 ports of this arcade game, one for PC and the other one
> for Sega MegaDrive/Genesis; both of them work just fine, too !

I wonder if the Genesis version was made officially or if it's another user remake.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

#365815 - 05/07/17 01:21 AM

- The correct name of the game is Fix It Felix JR.
I do not know about Fix it Felix. (without JR.)
- There is no delaying at all in PC & MegaDrive/Genesis ports.
- Sega port is a homebrew, also exist a rom of it.
- Obviously I haven't played it on a real arcade, for Christ's sake I am from Macedonia (out of this world !) and old good arcade times are far away from now

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#365816 - 05/07/17 01:29 AM

About Jr, that's sort of like saying you don't know what Dodonpachi Saidaioujou is if I forget to put Kan at the end of it.

Anyway next time I go to the arcade I'll try to get a video where you can see the screen and my hand moving the joystick together.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

#365818 - 05/07/17 01:44 AM

> About Jr, that's sort of like saying you don't know what Dodonpachi Saidaioujou is if
> I forget to put Kan at the end of it.

Sorry, I didn't wanna sound like a Grammar Nazi, (at first place my own English is so terrible) what I was thinking is :
If Fix it Felix junior exist, then must be "a father" of Fix it Felix like the other games : Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong junior, PacMan/PacMan junior, Hang-On/Hang-On junior etc.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

I got this game. Wreck-it Ralph new [Re: Smitdogg]
#365819 - 05/07/17 05:16 AM

Fix-it Felix Jr. in the app.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

#365822 - 05/07/17 07:13 AM

> Sorry, I didn't wanna sound like a Grammar Nazi, (at first place my own English is so
> terrible) what I was thinking is :
> If Fix it Felix junior exist, then must be "a father" of Fix it Felix like the other
> games : Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong junior, PacMan/PacMan junior, Hang-On/Hang-On junior
> etc.

Pretty sure there's only Fix it Felix Jr., the one created for the Wreck it Ralph movie. Maybe a "Sr." version will be developed for the sequel which is due out next year I believe? Of course that would be backwards, so the next game could well be FiF 3 if they go that route at all.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1574