MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.187 last night.
#368134 - 07/24/17 12:43 AM

Letting you know right off the bat that they didn't port the MESS into MAME for RetroArch. Piss me off about that. I wanted to play some of LCD games from the MAME 0.187 on my Android phone. I did tested out Ms. Pac-Man and Puckman. Those run great on my Moto phone and Samsung Chromebook Plus.

Even though I couldn't get the wireless Android controller to work on the Samsung Chromebook Plus. But the controller is working fine on the Moto phone. I guest it because of Moto have better support than Google.

Anyway the Android is still in beta for the Chromebook. Doesn't matter what channel it is on.

I need to test RetroArch out on my Samsung Chromebook 3 to see my USB X-box controller will pick up. Might not work though.

I wonder where I can get the MAME+MESS 0.187 at. Since they won't put both together in one. I need to test RetroArch out on my Samsung Chromebook 3 to see my USB X-box controller will pick up. Might not work though.

I wonder where I can get the MAME+MESS 0.187 at. Since they won't put both together in one.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.187 last night. new [Re: Dullaron]
#368148 - 07/24/17 04:17 PM

> Letting you know right off the bat that they didn't port the MESS into MAME for
> RetroArch. Piss me off about that. I wanted to play some of LCD games from the MAME
> 0.187 on my Android phone. I did tested out Ms. Pac-Man and Puckman. Those run great
> on my Moto phone and Samsung Chromebook Plus.
>
> Even though I couldn't get the wireless Android controller to work on the Samsung
> Chromebook Plus. But the controller is working fine on the Moto phone. I guest it
> because of Moto have better support than Google.
>
> Anyway the Android is still in beta for the Chromebook. Doesn't matter what channel
> it is on.
>
> I need to test RetroArch out on my Samsung Chromebook 3 to see my USB X-box
> controller will pick up. Might not work though.
>
> I wonder where I can get the MAME+MESS 0.187 at. Since they won't put both together
> in one.

I'm not really sure what you expect from RA, it's just butchered up junk that should be avoided. Unfortunately I guess on mobile you have no choice right now.

Eventually I imagine the target splitting won't really exist in the form it does now, more likely to become manufacturer based or similar, which means the problem of them cutting out things people are actually interested in should resolve itself in time.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.187 last night. new [Re: Haze]
#368164 - 07/25/17 01:21 AM

> > Letting you know right off the bat that they didn't port the MESS into MAME for
> > RetroArch. Piss me off about that. I wanted to play some of LCD games from the MAME
> > 0.187 on my Android phone. I did tested out Ms. Pac-Man and Puckman. Those run
> great
> > on my Moto phone and Samsung Chromebook Plus.
> >
> > Even though I couldn't get the wireless Android controller to work on the Samsung
> > Chromebook Plus. But the controller is working fine on the Moto phone. I guest it
> > because of Moto have better support than Google.
> >
> > Anyway the Android is still in beta for the Chromebook. Doesn't matter what channel
> > it is on.
> >
> > I need to test RetroArch out on my Samsung Chromebook 3 to see my USB X-box
> > controller will pick up. Might not work though.
> >
> > I wonder where I can get the MAME+MESS 0.187 at. Since they won't put both together
> > in one.
>
> I'm not really sure what you expect from RA, it's just butchered up junk that should
> be avoided. Unfortunately I guess on mobile you have no choice right now.
>
> Eventually I imagine the target splitting won't really exist in the form it does now,
> more likely to become manufacturer based or similar, which means the problem of them
> cutting out things people are actually interested in should resolve itself in time.

I tried this on the Samsung Chromebook 3 and it turn into shitty. Every time that I use a USB mouse it get stuck on one spot that I click on and then it carry that one spot every time. Won't let go of that one spot on the menu. Was gonna try the USB X-Box controller out on it since the controller did light up showing life. Anyway the RetroArch have some kind of systems checking to where it random chooses the core to pick out from. I couldn't download the new MAME core because of that checking disabled it from the cores menu. I did stop trying it out of this Chromebook because of that one issue.

Might try again tonight without the mouse plug in. Might not change a thing though.

You guys can always make one for RetroArch.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Dullaron
Send PM

Got done testing on the Samsung Chromebook 3. new [Re: Dullaron]
#368185 - 07/25/17 03:44 PM

Tested Mr.Do! game play. The speed isn't perfect at all.

Better off using the Samsung Chromebook Plus for the old Arcade games. Even on my Moto Android phone.

casm
Cinematronics > *
Reged: 08/27/07
Send PM

#368189 - 07/25/17 08:30 PM

> I'm not really sure what you expect from RA, it's just butchered up junk that should
> be avoided.

From an end-user perspective, RetroArch (and by association, libretro) is also - how can I say this kindly - complete and utter dogshit.

The concept of a unifying frontend for disparate emulators is great, and I'll absolutely give it credit for that. It even looks nice and presents a largely-usable UI. But the implementation is a fresh, fat, steamy dog egg lying in wait to be trod upon. More on that below.

> Unfortunately I guess on mobile you have no choice right now.

Or on just about any low-end platform (RasPi, I'm looking at you). It's as though RA is being seen as the ultimate answer to how to wrapper multiple emulators in such a way that anyone barely registering a pulse can use them without having to think about it, but with total disregard for the fact that adapting the emulators to work with the frontend platform generally ends up hacking them into a craptacular mess that contributes to sub-par user experiences with said emulators.

What I see as the core of the problem is that RA (by way of libretro) promises bitchin' UI and UX. And in many ways, it does deliver that. But having to graft libretro into emulators that were never intended to use it in the first place leads to the aforementioned craptacular messes and sub-par experiences.

This is essentially what I don't like about RA: the idea that it *is* 'the solution'. Thing is, when it comes to frontends, there are 32767 other solutions out there, virtually none of which require making major source changes and building against external libraries to integrate them with {insert emulator here}. It also obfuscates large chunks of the emulator being used from the end user, which I feel is a disservice to the people who worked on that emulator - you should know what it is that you're using so that you know who to give credit to for the hard work that went into it.

If the libretro API was something that emulator authors sought to support natively, fine. I have absolutely no problem with that; it's an option that *should* be available. But forking source, grafting code into it that the architecture was never meant to be able to handle in the first place, then presenting a crappy end product to users and giving the excuse of, 'it's the other guy's fault, honest, my frontend library works fine, go talk to them' is just pathetic.

My gripes with emulation on the RasPi have been stated here to some extent, and I still agree with them. But I don't see why - and particularly on low-end platforms - performance should be traded for eye-candy convenience.

Haze
Send PM

Re: Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.187 last night. new [Re: casm]
#368190 - 07/25/17 08:35 PM

> > I'm not really sure what you expect from RA, it's just butchered up junk that
> should
> > be avoided.
>
> From an end-user perspective, RetroArch (and by association, libretro) is also - how
> can I say this kindly - complete and utter dogshit.
>
> The concept of a unifying frontend for disparate emulators is great, and I'll
> absolutely give it credit for that. It even looks nice and presents a largely-usable
> UI. But the implementation is a fresh, fat, steamy dog egg lying in wait to be trod
> upon. More on that below.
>
> > Unfortunately I guess on mobile you have no choice right now.
>
> Or on just about any low-end platform (RasPi, I'm looking at you). It's as though RA
> is being seen as the ultimate answer to how to wrapper multiple emulators in such a
> way that anyone barely registering a pulse can use them without having to think about
> it, but with total disregard for the fact that adapting the emulators to work with
> the frontend platform generally ends up hacking them into a craptacular mess that
> contributes to sub-par user experiences with said emulators.
>
> What I see as the core of the problem is that RA (by way of libretro) promises
> bitchin' UI and UX. And in many ways, it does deliver that. But having to graft
> libretro into emulators that were never intended to use it in the first place leads
> to the aforementioned craptacular messes and sub-par experiences.
>
> This is essentially what I don't like about RA: the idea that it *is* 'the solution'.
> Thing is, when it comes to frontends, there are 32767 other solutions out there,
> virtually none of which require making major source changes and building against
> external libraries to integrate them with {insert emulator here}. It also obfuscates
> large chunks of the emulator being used from the end user, which I feel is a
> disservice to the people who worked on that emulator - you should know what it is
> that you're using so that you know who to give credit to for the hard work that went
> into it.
>
> If the libretro API was something that emulator authors sought to support natively,
> fine. I have absolutely no problem with that; it's an option that *should* be
> available. But forking source, grafting code into it that the architecture was never
> meant to be able to handle in the first place, then presenting a crappy end product
> to users and giving the excuse of, 'it's the other guy's fault, honest, my frontend
> library works fine, go talk to them' is just pathetic.
>
> My gripes with emulation on the RasPi have been stated here to some extent, and I
> still agree with them. But I don't see why - and particularly on low-end platforms -
> performance should be traded for eye-candy convenience.

and despite all this it's becoming massively popular, even on Windows, which is what I thought would end up happening as soon as they got a more slick marketing team on-board, which appears to have happened.

I'd still consider it one of the biggest threats we've seen to proper emulation in a long time.

Dullaron
Send PM

#368193 - 07/25/17 10:09 PM

> I'd still consider it one of the biggest threats we've seen to proper emulation in a
> long time.

The problem is nobody from the MAME Dev Team gonna release a MAME Android. Others still building their ports in a shitty way. You guys can come up one better than those shitty ones out there. There is no reason not to finish the source up for the MAME Android. The source is there. But not finish.

Don't want to continue working on it? That fine with me. Just gonna use the shitty ones for now. (Not pointing at you Haze. The ones that was working on that source.)

casm
Cinematronics > *
Send PM

#368194 - 07/25/17 10:32 PM

> and despite all this it's becoming massively popular, even on Windows, which is what
> I thought would end up happening as soon as they got a more slick marketing team
> on-board, which appears to have happened.

Yep, I had a similar suspicion. I also wouldn't put it past them to have an end goal of getting it into the Windows app store as a free download with paid in-app DLC. What form that DLC would take isn't 100% clear to me (and even as a free download there would be a lot of legal hurdles to overcome with licensing re: the emulators they're basing their work off of), but I can see it as a possibility.

> I'd still consider it one of the biggest threats we've seen to proper emulation in a
> long time.

Agreed. Also Lakka - all the problems of RA in a ready-to-write image for your low-buck platform of choice. It's perfect for people who don't want the inconvenience or expense of a Craigslist x-in-1 cabinet, but do want an equal quality of gameplay (or Craigslist x-in-1 cabinet builders who don't want to spend twice as much on a Game Elf as they would a RasPi).

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#368199 - 07/26/17 02:00 AM

> > I'd still consider it one of the biggest threats we've seen to proper emulation in
> a
> > long time.
>
> The problem is nobody from the MAME Dev Team gonna release a MAME Android. Others
> still building their ports in a shitty way. You guys can come up one better than
> those shitty ones out there. There is no reason not to finish the source up for the
> MAME Android. The source is there. But not finish.
>
> Don't want to continue working on it? That fine with me. Just gonna use the shitty
> ones for now. (Not pointing at you Haze. The ones that was working on that source.)

It isn't for lack of desire - it is lack of qualified people and development of some sort of usable touchscreen interface that is phone/tablet based that will get things done. You can run MAME fine, people can and do compile for Android every release, but it would require you to have some sort of external keyboard/controller in order to use well which isn't an idea setup for an mobile device.

Until MAME can find something that does the job and is within licensing restrictions - it won't be an officially distributed platform.

These views are mine alone and may or may not reflect official views of MAMEDEV.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#368200 - 07/26/17 02:30 AM

Is LibRetro by the same guy who was trying to make MAMElib (or LibMAME?) many years ago? I recall that he had built MAME as a library with an API and he was using it in some kind of front end where the front end would start and stop independent instances of MAME and run them as virtual screens in a 3D cabinet or something like that. I need to try to find a link.

Conceptually, it didn't sound like a bad idea. He wanted to decouple the front end, which I think may have still been the Win32 MAMEUI, from the emulation engine itself. As long as the core API for MAME didn't change that much from version to version, you could just (in theory) drop in a new MAME version (DLL?) and keep the same UI setup.

Anyway, I remember him getting a hostile reception in the forums and I never heard about it again.

EDIT: Found it. Not exactly a hostile reception, more like luke-warm...
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=268611

Edited by krick (07/26/17 02:36 AM)

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.187 last night. new [Re: krick]
#368203 - 07/26/17 03:24 AM

> Is LibRetro by the same guy who was trying to make MAMElib (or LibMAME?) many years
> ago?

Nah, pretty sure he's not related to their project at all.

- Stiletto

Haze
Send PM

Re: Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.187 last night. new [Re: Stiletto]
#368204 - 07/26/17 04:17 AM

> > Is LibRetro by the same guy who was trying to make MAMElib (or LibMAME?) many years
> > ago?
>
> Nah, pretty sure he's not related to their project at all.
>
> - Stiletto

what we've seen with Retroarch justifies the reception tho.. just glad it didn't happen back then.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.187 last night. new [Re: Tafoid]
#368206 - 07/26/17 04:36 AM

> > > I'd still consider it one of the biggest threats we've seen to proper emulation
> in
> > a
> > > long time.
> >
> > The problem is nobody from the MAME Dev Team gonna release a MAME Android. Others
> > still building their ports in a shitty way. You guys can come up one better than
> > those shitty ones out there. There is no reason not to finish the source up for the
> > MAME Android. The source is there. But not finish.
> >
> > Don't want to continue working on it? That fine with me. Just gonna use the shitty
> > ones for now. (Not pointing at you Haze. The ones that was working on that source.)
>
>
> It isn't for lack of desire - it is lack of qualified people and development of some
> sort of usable touchscreen interface that is phone/tablet based that will get things
> done. You can run MAME fine, people can and do compile for Android every release, but
> it would require you to have some sort of external keyboard/controller in order to
> use well which isn't an idea setup for an mobile device.
>
> Until MAME can find something that does the job and is within licensing restrictions
> - it won't be an officially distributed platform.
>
> These views are mine alone and may or may not reflect official views of MAMEDEV.

You are right about that. But I did compile MAME Android with the older tools. MAME Android wouldn't load up. I tried all of those. I tried the newer tools and it missing some stuff for the compiling. Unless I need to download the missing parts for the newer tools. I been told not to run the pacman commands on the newer tools. That might be why the compiling won't work right. I never again mess with the compiling after that.

casm
Cinematronics > *
Send PM

Re: Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.187 last night. new [Re: Stiletto]
#368207 - 07/26/17 05:02 AM

> > Is LibRetro by the same guy who was trying to make MAMElib (or LibMAME?) many years
> > ago?
>
> Nah, pretty sure he's not related to their project at all.

He's unrelated to libretro, but at one point he was trying to get libmame working with libretro.

I seem to recall that he semi-ragequit the forums here either after libmame failed to gain any real traction or someone pointed out a flaw in its concept and/or implementation. Someone else can dig up the details on that one if they're curious; I just don't have the interest.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#368209 - 07/26/17 06:10 AM

> > I'd still consider it one of the biggest threats we've seen to proper emulation in a
> > long time.
>
> The problem is nobody from the MAME Dev Team gonna release a MAME Android. Others
> still building their ports in a shitty way. You guys can come up one better than
> those shitty ones out there. There is no reason not to finish the source up for the

There is a big reason: people with necessary skills have limited time and get spread thin doing other stuff. The internal UI code is still a mess. It's very time-consuming to do anything with. It's also full of traps for the unwary. That's why I still haven't got it into a state where I can add clean IME support necessary for getting text input to work on Android.

Dullaron
Send PM

Slamming the MAME 0.188 released at theiir face. new [Re: Dullaron]
#368214 - 07/26/17 07:19 AM Attachment: 0.188.png 33 KB (0 downloads)

May pissed them off.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Haze
Send PM

#368224 - 07/26/17 03:21 PM

> > and despite all this it's becoming massively popular, even on Windows, which is
> what
> > I thought would end up happening as soon as they got a more slick marketing team
> > on-board, which appears to have happened.
>
> Yep, I had a similar suspicion. I also wouldn't put it past them to have an end goal
> of getting it into the Windows app store as a free download with paid in-app DLC.
> What form that DLC would take isn't 100% clear to me (and even as a free download
> there would be a lot of legal hurdles to overcome with licensing re: the emulators
> they're basing their work off of), but I can see it as a possibility.
>
> > I'd still consider it one of the biggest threats we've seen to proper emulation in
> a
> > long time.
>
> Agreed. Also Lakka - all the problems of RA in a ready-to-write image for your
> low-buck platform of choice. It's perfect for people who don't want the inconvenience
> or expense of a Craigslist x-in-1 cabinet, but do want an equal quality of gameplay
> (or Craigslist x-in-1 cabinet builders who don't want to spend twice as much on a
> Game Elf as they would a RasPi).

considering it wasn't that long ago they were going on about how they'd never try and make any money whatsoever out of the projects, and now they have paetrons raking in a whole bunch with none of it going to the guys writing the actual emulators (and some very aggressive comments pulled from IRC logs hitting out at the emulators, calling them illegal etc. as justification of why the money shouldn't go to them) ... yeah

vile project, really sad to see so many people behind it, same for a quite a few others recently (closed source bullshit for modern systems pulling in huge amounts of cash and ensuring nobody else can contribute)

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

#368225 - 07/26/17 03:23 PM

>
> Don't want to continue working on it?

The point is that Android is a shitty platform for emulation. It has TERRIBLE input lags and it requires a massive amount of work to port the whole thing to Android. So the cost vs benefits are not good at this point.

casm
Cinematronics > *
Send PM

Re: Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.187 last night. new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#368229 - 07/26/17 04:08 PM

> > The problem is nobody from the MAME Dev Team gonna release a MAME Android. Others
> > still building their ports in a shitty way. You guys can come up one better than
> > those shitty ones out there. There is no reason not to finish the source up for the
> > MAME Android. The source is there. But not finish.
> >
> > Don't want to continue working on it?
>
> The point is that Android is a shitty platform for emulation. It has TERRIBLE input
> lags and it requires a massive amount of work to port the whole thing to Android. So
> the cost vs benefits are not good at this point.

Not to mention that, historically, MAME ports to platforms other than the ones officially supported have mostly been the work of people outside of the main development team.

The fact that MAME currently builds on three main modern platforms (Windows, OS X, and Linux) from the same source tree is down to the efforts of people porting it from DOS to Windows, Mac OS (later OS X), and Linux then seeing their changes subsequently folded into the main branch. Until someone wants to go balls-out on an Android port that can be built from mainline source, it's probably not going to happen.

That said, all of the input, display, and other limitations and considerations of that platform will still apply. It really begs the question of why this is something being clamoured for when there are better alternatives available, and serves well to illustrate that just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean that you should.

casm
Cinematronics > *
Send PM

#368230 - 07/26/17 04:09 PM

> considering it wasn't that long ago they were going on about how they'd never try and
> make any money whatsoever out of the projects, and now they have paetrons raking in a
> whole bunch with none of it going to the guys writing the actual emulators (and some
> very aggressive comments pulled from IRC logs hitting out at the emulators, calling
> them illegal etc. as justification of why the money shouldn't go to them) ... yeah

That's utterly appalling, and I had no idea that any of this was happening. It really does take profiting from others' work to a new and disgusting level.

> vile project, really sad to see so many people behind it, same for a quite a few
> others recently (closed source bullshit for modern systems pulling in huge amounts of
> cash and ensuring nobody else can contribute)

Has any of this been publicised? It really sounds as though it needs to be brought out into the open. The vast majority of end users likely won't care, unfortunately, but enough unpopular opinion from the right corners may make a difference.

Haze
Send PM

#368231 - 07/26/17 04:14 PM

> > considering it wasn't that long ago they were going on about how they'd never try
> and
> > make any money whatsoever out of the projects, and now they have paetrons raking in
> a
> > whole bunch with none of it going to the guys writing the actual emulators (and
> some
> > very aggressive comments pulled from IRC logs hitting out at the emulators, calling
> > them illegal etc. as justification of why the money shouldn't go to them) ... yeah
>
> That's utterly appalling, and I had no idea that any of this was happening. It really
> does take profiting from others' work to a new and disgusting level.
>

The IRC logs were spread quite widely a few months back, nobody cared, it does what people want it to do, that's all they care about.

> > vile project, really sad to see so many people behind it, same for a quite a few
> > others recently (closed source bullshit for modern systems pulling in huge amounts
> of
> > cash and ensuring nobody else can contribute)
>
> Has any of this been publicised? It really sounds as though it needs to be brought
> out into the open. The vast majority of end users likely won't care, unfortunately,
> but enough unpopular opinion from the right corners may make a difference.

Again, it was quite well publicised that the people writing these current gen closed-source emulators are getting about $30,000 a month for it, for work that is ultimately going to need to be redone properly later. Again nobody cares, you highlight it to people and they're more likely to start donating than anything else it seems. It does what people want, that's all they care about.

Common theme here...

As I've said in an earlier post, the emulation community has severely regressed in recent years, it's become all about who can make what from it, while the people supporting it couldn't care less about anything other than their own needs either.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Send PM

#368233 - 07/26/17 04:43 PM

> That's utterly appalling, and I had no idea that any of this was happening. It really
> does take profiting from others' work to a new and disgusting level.

Well the thing is, there's nothing you can really do about it. Part of the open source/free software spirit is that people should be able to solicit funds for it if they want, but they can't stop anyone who gets to code/software from redistributing it.

This is how you get Red Hat. The sell support for a Linux distro. Anyone is free to remove Red Hat branding and redistribute it, and that's what CentOS originally was (de-branded Red Hat Linux). But no-one can then demand free support from Red Hat, or tell Red Hat to stop charging for support.

If someone wants to fund the RetroArch people's build farm and bug bounties, that's between them and the RetroArch team. Now you can argue that it's stupid to fund RetroArch because they provide no value and you can get the underlying emulators for free. Also, you can get RetroArch for free - libretro is very permissively licensed, and RetroArch is GPL3, so anyone can debrand and redistribute it. But it would be against the spirit of open source/free software try and stop people profiting from a derived work of an open source/free software application.

I don't think all the doom and gloom is really true. I think RetroArch is actually useful in a perverse kind of way. It offloads a lot of the support burden for people who just want to play T3H FREEE GAMEZ!!!! We're not dealing with these goons any more because RetroArch is having to field them. The RetroArch guys are pretty good at telling people not to report bugs upstream if they can't be reproduced in baseline builds of the emulators. The people who are actually interested in emulation still gravitate to the actual emulator communities. RetroArch doesn't offer them anything.

I disagree with the RetroArch guys about a lot of things. I don't think RetroArch is very user-friendly. It doesn't provide what I personally want from an emulator. I think they by and large don't understand accuracy-focussed emulation. But that doesn't mean they have no right to exist. We should be able to compete with them on merits, and outlast them just like we've outlast countless other emulators.

Oh, and on the topic of soliciting funds, feel free to buy me beer on Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/cuavas
(Yes, it's a parody of all the Patreons that people suggest are just going towards their operators' beer funds. But I really will spend any funds I get on beer.)

anikom15
Instigator/Local CRT Guru
Reged: 04/11/16
Send PM

Re: Slamming the MAME 0.188 released at theiir face. new [Re: Dullaron]
#368282 - 07/27/17 05:43 PM

😂

anikom15
Instigator/Local CRT Guru
Reged: 04/11/16
Send PM

#368305 - 07/28/17 04:08 AM

It doesn't matter. They control the face of the scene at this point. The only thing that can be done is if emulators put exclusion clauses in for future releases, and I don't suggest doing that.

Dullaron
Send PM

Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.188 earlier today. new [Re: Dullaron]
#368349 - 07/29/17 06:13 AM

Robotron - The buttons setting are wrong.

Up button is down. Right button is left. You get the idea. I need to report this to RetroArch about these buttons issue.

Some of the older games having cracking sounds. Using the Moto Phone. Doesn't do that on my Samsung Chromebook Plus. Must be that the Chromebook have a better chip than the phone.

Sounds are fine on this list. Using Moto Phone. Doesn't mean those won't have that issue on the other Moto Phones.

Ms.Pac-Man
Pac-Man
Robotron
Mappy
Mr.Do!
Joust
Defender
Bubbles
many others that I didn't listed here.

Done talking about the RetroArch now.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.188 earlier today. new [Re: Dullaron]
#368350 - 07/29/17 06:46 AM

> Done talking about the RetroArch now.

So, how much do they pay you to advertise spam this crap again?

Are you expecting a MAME developer to read this and fix them for RetroArch?

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Send PM

#368351 - 07/29/17 10:12 AM

> As I've said in an earlier post, the emulation community has severely regressed in
> recent years, it's become all about who can make what from it, while the people
> supporting it couldn't care less about anything other than their own needs either.

I think it's somewhat due to mobile devices and app stores going hand in hand, so these people are cashing in before the entire world finds out that on those dinosaurs called PCs, a lot of the stuff they have been paying good money for was actually free!

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Mess with the RetroArch + MAME 0.188 earlier today. new [Re: BIOS-D]
#368352 - 07/29/17 11:42 AM

> So, how much do they pay you to advertise spam this crap again?
>
> Are you expecting a MAME developer to read this and fix them for RetroArch?

No payment. Just testing this out and then talking about it.

This isn't for MAME Dev to fix or anything. Not their port.

But I did found out that I need to push Select and X on the RetroArch MAME screen in order to change the controller buttons set up. They using the MAME options.

Just not used to this kind of Emu. Getting a hang of this though.

I need to stop replying here about it. I already done testing it.

And no I didn't paid for this to use. Its Free.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3035