MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

Namco Classic Collection Vol 2 Graphical Glitch
#370324 - 10/14/17 03:49 PM

I get this graphical glitch when playing Pacman Arrangement in currant MAME, although it's random in the sense it doesn't happen all
the time it always kicks in during the information screens between certain levels that acts as a demo of how to play the next round
there was no log of this bug on MAMEtesters so i thought i'd quickly mention it here, for example after level 1........

Pacman Arrange graphical bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsvXz52vYYE&feature=youtu.be

Savestate from currant MAME right when it happens

http://www82.zippyshare.com/v/ztcZo74v/file.html

It seems the graphics from the previous round are not being cleared correctly on the info screens and this will then carry over to
the next level superimposed over the top of it making progress in the game impossible, the wider emulation of vol 2 is also affected
as if you dont continue in Pacman Arrange you can then view many more graphical problems during the attract mode, only a hard reset
will then sort the above, not sure if this is a graphical problem or related to the protection that according to the driver is
unemulated in this game.

Arcade Addict

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Namco Classic Collection Vol 2 Graphical Glitch new [Re: gamez fan]
#370325 - 10/14/17 04:39 PM

Is your report using .190 version of MAME? The latest release of MAME was on 09/27/17

Kale had been doing some updates with hardware emulation that the Namco Classics games use and the work didn't get into .190 source.

Here are dates of Kale's previous work and the work related to Namco Classics was after latest release (.190) of MAME. https://git.redump.net/mame/log/?qt=author&q=angelosa

src/mame/drivers/namcond1.cpp
src/mame/video/ygv608.cpp

If your report is using current code after Kale's recent work, nevermind my post, but if you are reporting with just .190 build of MAME....either compile to latest code in the meantime or wait until .191 version of MAME is released.

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

Re: Namco Classic Collection Vol 2 Graphical Glitch new [Re: gregf]
#370326 - 10/14/17 04:53 PM

Yes im familiar with most of Kale's WIP as i like to keep an eye on what he's upto MAME wise , there are code changes fixing graphical
problems with some of the games and the attract mode of Vol 2 but nothing directly mentions Pacman Arrange per say.

But yes i think your right best to wait until the next MAME release that contains all his recent work with the ygv608 grahical core before
submitting a bug report.

Regards!!

Arcade Addict

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Namco Classic Collection Vol 2 Graphical Glitch new [Re: gamez fan]
#370327 - 10/14/17 05:10 PM

>there are code changes fixing graphical problems with some of the games and the attract
>mode of Vol 2 but nothing directly mentions Pacman Arrange per say.

Okay. I wasn't sure if you were seeing Kale's recent updates.

>yes i think your right best to wait until the next MAME release that contains all his
>recent work with the ygv608 grahical core before submitting a bug report.

If you have a state of the art computer (see Recommendations for (close to) stock systems? 10/11/17 thread) similar to what is discussed, you could do your own current MAME build before .191 is released to preview Kale's work. I don't have that luxury myself with my own out-of-date computer.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

more fixes to Namco Classic Collection Vol 1 and Vol 2 new [Re: gamez fan]
#370689 - 10/31/17 10:18 PM

Another round of testing with either compile-your-own-in-the-meantime or wait till .192 is released.

-
Merge pull request #2760 from agiri-san/nd1
2017-10-28

ygv608: Namco Classic Collection vol.1 & 2 Graphics improvements

src/mame/video/ygv608.cpp
-

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: more fixes to Namco Classic Collection Vol 1 and Vol 2 new [Re: gregf]
#370694 - 10/31/17 11:52 PM

> Another round of testing with either compile-your-own-in-the-meantime or wait till
> .192 is released.
>
> -
> Merge pull request #2760 from agiri-san/nd1
> 2017-10-28
>
> ygv608: Namco Classic Collection vol.1 & 2 Graphics improvements
>
> src/mame/video/ygv608.cpp
> -

I wouldn't worry about it until MACHINE_NOT_WORKING, MACHINE_IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS and MACHINE_UNEMULATED_PROTECTION is gone.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1645