Pages: 1

GatKong
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Recycled Pixels- Hat Trick
#375580 - 04/11/18 04:23 PM

Highlighting some probably under appreciated games.

A great gem you may have overlooked is Bally Sente's 1984 Hat Trick. It's a two person 8-way joystick (KLOV lists it as 4-way, but it's 8-way) competitive game. The gameplay is superb and well controlled, with some simulated inertia on the ice to be dealt with. It's the type of game that holds up well under prolonged play, the novelty being the skill of the opponent your up against.

Bally Sente isn't known for any giant blockbuster game titles, but they have some excellent titles to their list worth checking out.

roscian
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/11/07
Loc: City of Angels
Send PM

Re: Recycled Pixels- Hat Trick new [Re: GatKong]
#375581 - 04/11/18 05:37 PM

I loved this game. Used the Sente Immersion system.

https://youtu.be/kiy8xHrs5BQ

MrGoodwraith
Barnacle Clinging to the Ship of MAME
Reged: 10/12/05
Send PM

Euro Stocker new [Re: GatKong]
#375582 - 04/11/18 08:50 PM

> Bally Sente isn't known for any giant blockbuster game titles, but they have some
> excellent titles to their list worth checking out.

Agreed. Speaking of which...was "Euro Stocker" never released, only released as a prototype, or what? Have we been able to determine that yet? I remember looking for clues back when I was heavily involved with dumping efforts and not being able to find more than the sketchiest possible information about the game.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Euro Stocker new [Re: MrGoodwraith]
#375590 - 04/12/18 03:25 AM

> > Bally Sente isn't known for any giant blockbuster game titles, but they have some
> > excellent titles to their list worth checking out.
>
> Agreed. Speaking of which...was "Euro Stocker" never released, only released as a
> prototype, or what? Have we been able to determine that yet? I remember looking for
> clues back when I was heavily involved with dumping efforts and not being able to
> find more than the sketchiest possible information about the game.

I talked to Lee Actor - formerly of Bally/Sente - two years ago. At the time, he said "Euro Stocker was designed by my old business partner, Dennis Koble, though I'm not sure if it ever made it to production."

All I know so far.

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 547