MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

br00ks
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/27/09
Send PM

Degauss Wires
#238151 - 11/05/10 11:24 PM Attachment: Electrohome_G07_d_coil 001.jpg 210 KB (0 downloads)

I am in the process of connecting an Electrohome G07 chasis to a 19" tube. Prior to this the monitor worked but I chose to install a cap kit for longevity and to see if I can improve it's picture/output.

Originally, it was horizontal but I found an old Wells Gardner vertical frame/mount that I chose to place it in. I had no problems w/ the tube fitting nicely into it but now as I am trying to connect the chasis.

My question is over two sets of wires coming out of the degauss coil. I haven't come across anything like them and don't know what exactly their purpose is. I've always understood that there's one spot on most boards for the deguass coil to plug into. The other question I have is related to the small gadget that the wires solder to. That is, what is it and what does it do?

At this point, I'm considering not doing anything w/ them but connecting everything else and firing it up to see if it'll work again. Leaving the deguass disconnected should allow me to still work w/ it, right?

- br00ks

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Degauss Wires new [Re: br00ks]
#238172 - 11/06/10 02:37 AM

>(the cabinet will run a 60-n-1 board)

You just lessend your chances of someone helping saing that.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

br00ks
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/27/09
Send PM

Re: Degauss Wires new [Re: Naoki]
#238174 - 11/06/10 03:22 AM

OK. I changed my mind. I'll continue to search for a working Sinistar PCB set. Luckily, the original cabinet stencil art, glass bezel w/ artwork, and control panel are in great shape!

Will someone help me now? Please?

- br00ks

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3509