MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Alex Zander
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/30/11
Send PM

F1 Contents Help file
#256031 - 05/30/11 08:23 AM

For .91 version of MAME32 I can press F1 for a Contents Help File.

But for Wolfmame .106 there is not a Compiled HTML file in the folder and pressing F1 does not bring up a Contents Help File.

I have searched, but cannot find a file to download for this F1 Contents Help.
Does someone have a link where a Compiled HTML Help File could be downloaded, that would work with Wolfmame .106?

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: F1 Contents Help file new [Re: Alex Zander]
#256055 - 05/30/11 05:13 PM

What is WolfMAME? My guess would be that the author did not create a compiled help file like John IV does. I guess you could just copy the one that is released with MAMEUI, but probably isn't really what you are looking for.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: F1 Contents Help file new [Re: redk9258]
#256219 - 06/01/11 10:50 AM

> What is WolfMAME? My guess would be that the author did not create a compiled help
> file like John IV does. I guess you could just copy the one that is released with
> MAMEUI, but probably isn't really what you are looking for.

WolfMAME is a popular build for submitting and replaying INP files at MARP's site. I don't know what makes it so different or more functional than an official build (probably modified to regulate settings such as always reset nvram and dip switches or things like that). One thing is for sure, WolfMAME is packaged as simple as possible, which means you won't get a help file. I don't think it's heavily modified to require a different help file than MAMEUI though.

Alex Zander
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/30/11
Send PM

Re: F1 Contents Help file new [Re: redk9258]
#256221 - 06/01/11 11:01 AM

> What is WolfMAME? My guess would be that the author did not create a compiled help
> file like John IV does. I guess you could just copy the one that is released with
> MAMEUI, but probably isn't really what you are looking for.

Wolfmame .106 is the version Twin Galaxies uses for MAME high scores.

I tried copying the MAME32 .091 version of the Help File into .106 but when I press F1, no Help Contents show.

Though I can just fire up MAME32 .091 and view the F1 Help Contents, I would like to have a Help File for Wolfmame .106

I tried downloading a few different newer versions of MAME, but the zips or .exes did not have a Help File either.

Will try copying the one with MAMEUI and see if it is compatible.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: F1 Contents Help file new [Re: Alex Zander]
#256224 - 06/01/11 02:39 PM Attachment: mame32.help.zip 323 KB (0 downloads)

Try this one (see attached).

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 130 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1421