MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

secrecyguy
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/17/14
Send PM

Need help getting MAME to work on Android. 1st time doing it.
#328270 - 07/17/14 08:43 AM

Not sure if I post this at the right spot so if I didn't, please move it. Thanks.

I got a Android a while back ago. I mostly use the tablet for the Internet and writing. I basically use it as a replacement for a laptop. I realized I don't use it too often so I decided to use it for games.

I just downloaded MAME4droid (0.37b5) and I also download a few ROMs that I enjoy playing in the past.

It took me a while to figure out how to get the app to look for the ROMs on the SDCard. I think I got it right. It shows /mnt/external_sd/ROMS/MAME4all

When I try to use it, it says it can not find the ROMs at all. So I unzip them hoping that it will work now.

Nope, it still does not work.

So I download another app that is a newer version. I believe it's made by the same company too. It still does not work.

I just wondering how do I get it to work? Thanks everyone!

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Need help getting MAME to work on Android. 1st time doing it. new [Re: secrecyguy]
#328272 - 07/17/14 10:52 AM

Download the MAME 0.37b5 http://mamedev.org/oldrel.html

Then download the clrmamepro http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/

There is help page http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/docs.htm

We can't help you get the ROM's. So don't request finding those.

After you get the sets that you want then move those onto your SDCard.

You might wanna check out the other MAME build for Android on Google Play. MAME4droid (0.139u1)

I don't think there gonna be anything higher than 0.139u1.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

secrecyguy
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Need help getting MAME to work on Android. 1st time doing it. new [Re: Dullaron]
#328288 - 07/17/14 06:31 PM

I think you read my message too fast. I already download those MAME on my Android and have the ROMs on my SD Card.

As the ROMs manager you mention, it only works on Windows. I have a Mac. But I can't see how that will help solve my problem though.

Anyone else that can help me?

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Need help getting MAME to work on Android. 1st time doing it. new [Re: secrecyguy]
#328303 - 07/17/14 11:54 PM

> I think you read my message too fast. I already download those MAME on my Android and
> have the ROMs on my SD Card.
>
> As the ROMs manager you mention, it only works on Windows. I have a Mac. But I can't
> see how that will help solve my problem though.
>
> Anyone else that can help me?

No I was not. Go to Google Play. There is a read me on MAME4droid pages there. It will tell you how get those running and where those go at. I can't believe you fail for not going there to read. Seleuco always post his read me there.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

secrecyguy
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Need help getting MAME to work on Android. 1st time doing it. new [Re: Dullaron]
#328307 - 07/18/14 02:29 AM

I give up! After trying and going to their website, I am going to install another kind of video game emulator.

Maybe someone in the future will have a more user friendly MAME emulator in the future.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#328308 - 07/18/14 03:00 AM

> I give up! After trying and going to their website, I am going to install another
> kind of video game emulator.
>
> Maybe someone in the future will have a more user friendly MAME emulator in the
> future.

Sorry about your experience.
Android/iOS and other portable target OSs are not currently supported platforms at this time for MAMEDEV in any official manner. Anything you happen to find to use that might call itself MAMExxxxx is likely an older version which is outdated and unsupported by current development.

Dullaron
Send PM

#328313 - 07/18/14 07:58 AM

> I give up! After trying and going to their website, I am going to install another
> kind of video game emulator.
>
> Maybe someone in the future will have a more user friendly MAME emulator in the
> future.

Sorry. Don't unzip the ROM's into the ROM's folder. Leave those zip up. Other wise those won't show up at all. Some require BIOS in order to run. I downloaded the app and it works. 0.37b5 sets only works.

There are some YouTube videos. Go check those out.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#328398 - 07/20/14 08:52 PM

> future.

Yeah, but first you'll have to put your PIN number into the ATM machine to get the MAME emulator.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#328430 - 07/21/14 04:55 PM

> It took me a while to figure out how to get the app to look for the ROMs on the
> SDCard. I think I got it right. It shows /mnt/external_sd/ROMS/MAME4all

Keep in mind that Android is Linux, so capitalization matters. If you set the path as shown there, but the card actually contains "ROMs/MAME4All" it won't work, for instance.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Need help getting MAME to work on Android. 1st time doing it. new [Re: R. Belmont]
#328442 - 07/21/14 10:41 PM

> Keep in mind that Android is Linux,

I never knew that.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Need help getting MAME to work on Android. 1st time doing it. new [Re: redk9258]
#328445 - 07/21/14 11:46 PM

> > Keep in mind that Android is Linux,
>
> I never knew that.

You can build it from using Linux to put on the Android devise. A lot of SlimBean, CyanogenMod and many others been doing it. You can even make Android for PCs and Laptops but I wouldn't recommended it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2550