View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/04/11
Send PM

Getting 0.161 MAME Source via git?
#339480 - 05/01/15 10:15 PM

With 0.160, I upgraded to the new development tools via Cmder, then wrote some .bat files that kick off every time I launch it which is supposed to update itself and MAME source via git.

I launched it this afternoon and the MAME Build Tools did update itself, but the MAME source did not. As a sanity test, I compiled the source that I had in case it did update without me noticing, put that into CMP, and scanned it against my library. So far, no missing ROMs, so I must have recompiled the 0.160 source.

Wasn't this a way for me to get the latest source via git without me having to blow it up and redownload the source again every time? Or is it still supposed to work that way and I missed something?
---
EDIT: Well, I found out that if I deleted the "mame" directory and redid the "git clone" command, I did get the latest version of the code. Not sure why "git pull" didn't update it, but oh well.

So I modified my batch files on launch of Cmder to delete "mame" and do a fresh "git clone" each time, then start the compile. I'll reply again if I have problems with compiling, but if not everything went well.

Edited by Llaffer (05/01/15 11:50 PM)

acdacd
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/08/08
Send PM

Re: Getting 0.161 MAME Source via git? new [Re: Llaffer]
#339584 - 05/03/15 11:50 PM

if git pull not update your repository, you can use:

git fetch && git reset --hard origin/master

and after use git pull.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Getting 0.161 MAME Source via git? new [Re: Llaffer]
#339625 - 05/04/15 09:29 PM

> EDIT: Well, I found out that if I deleted the "mame" directory and redid the "git
> clone" command, I did get the latest version of the code. Not sure why "git pull"
> didn't update it, but oh well.
>
> So I modified my batch files on launch of Cmder to delete "mame" and do a fresh "git
> clone" each time, then start the compile. I'll reply again if I have problems with
> compiling, but if not everything went well.

Please don't do that, it imposes a lot of strain and excess bandwidth usage on the git server. git pull should work as long as your batch file sets the current directory to the MAME top-level directory first. If it does not, post your actual failed output and we can diagnose it.

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/04/11
Send PM

Re: Getting 0.161 MAME Source via git? new [Re: acdacd]
#339694 - 05/06/15 10:25 PM

Looks like that I had to go into the "MAME" directory to run the "get pull" command, so what I thought I was checking on the MAME source, I was really checking on the MAME Buildtools, which was already updated due being updated previously in the same batch file.

I'll revert my code back to doing a "git pull" after going into the correct directory and see how things work with the next release.

Thanks.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Programming
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Pi 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2182