View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Airwave1206
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/09/15
Send PM

Bad or incorrect game colors
#344912 - 09/09/15 08:00 PM

Hello all, I have an old version of mame32 running on 5 windows 7 pc's only 2 of them display the correct colors. One of the 2 is 64 bit pc and the other is a Hp netbook 32 bit. What am I missing. I have tryed different monitors,cables, compatibilities modes and different video cards. I built my girlfriend a cocktail table and I just want to get it right. Any suggestions would be great. Thank

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Bad or incorrect game colors new [Re: Airwave1206]
#344923 - 09/10/15 03:49 AM

Correct colors in-game? In Windows?

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Airwave1206
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/09/15
Send PM

Re: Bad or incorrect game colors new [Re: Traso]
#344951 - 09/10/15 03:33 PM

Yep. I have 5 pc"s running different versions of Windows 7. One laptop and one desktop are 64 bit and the other 3 are 32 bit. All the games in this old version of mame32 run with the correct colors on the desktop 64 bit and a 32 bit netbook laptop. The 64 bit laptop and the other 2 desktops 32 bit run the games fine its just all the games colors are dark and incorrect. Ive tryed different monitors, video cards,cables, resolutions, and colors. Like glaga's ship is supposed to be white with blue tips. Mine it's dark green and it's hard to see the score,but its like that on all the games. I just can't figure out why it runs on 2 computers and not the other 3.

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: Bad or incorrect game colors new [Re: Airwave1206]
#345041 - 09/13/15 01:37 AM

First off, I don't know.

But I will say - I had Mame set up on a machine and used it for both gaming and work. Mame was okay, but the colors were never quite right. I noticed it most in Mr. Do, where the first level has little rectangles all over it - they were missing. And when you won an extra Mr. Do he blended into the background.

Cutting a long story short - the problem was I had customized the video settings on both the MONITOR and the video card settings Nvidia install. Things looked fine for everything else but gaming.

I reset the monitor to defaults, reset the control panels settings to defaults, and all returned.

So for me the issue was - there are so many places you can change colors - on the monitor, through Microsoft's Control Panel app, though the video card control panel app - I had them all in conflict.

Probably not your issue, but thought I'd share.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1852