MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MKFAN
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/12/13
Send PM

So how are we looking on getting Taito Type X working ?
#362600 - 01/15/17 05:46 PM

I saw some people putting up YouTube videos of what seems like a working Taito Type X games on with some type of loader 0_o. I'm not sure how credible they are though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oYraRzjYI

The only reason I put a link to a video was because I guess now when making a topic in this forum it must include a link of sorts, it's a link using Taito Type X in Hyper spin which I don't even use.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: So how are we looking on getting Taito Type X working ? new [Re: MKFAN]
#362601 - 01/15/17 05:59 PM

> I saw some people putting up YouTube videos of what seems like a working Taito Type X
> games on with some type of loader 0_o. I'm not sure how credible they are though.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oYraRzjYI
>
> The only reason I put a link to a video was because I guess now when making a topic
> in this forum it must include a link of sorts, it's a link using Taito Type X in
> Hyper spin which I don't even use.

That loader won't be incorporated into Mame, if that's what you meant.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

MKFAN
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: So how are we looking on getting Taito Type X working ? new [Re: Master O]
#362602 - 01/15/17 06:24 PM

> > I saw some people putting up YouTube videos of what seems like a working Taito Type
> X
> > games on with some type of loader 0_o. I'm not sure how credible they are though.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oYraRzjYI
> >
> > The only reason I put a link to a video was because I guess now when making a topic
> > in this forum it must include a link of sorts, it's a link using Taito Type X in
> > Hyper spin which I don't even use.
>
> That loader won't be incorporated into Mame, if that's what you meant.

No that's not what I meant, I know Mame won't use a hacked loader method. I meant how are the Taito Type X support coming along in Mame are there any major road blocks currently and may we see it running in Mame soon ?

I know the hardware is PC based so I'm not sure if that makes it harder to emulate or not.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#362603 - 01/15/17 06:33 PM

> > > I saw some people putting up YouTube videos of what seems like a working Taito
> Type
> > X
> > > games on with some type of loader 0_o. I'm not sure how credible they are though.
>
> > >
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oYraRzjYI
> > >
> > > The only reason I put a link to a video was because I guess now when making a
> topic
> > > in this forum it must include a link of sorts, it's a link using Taito Type X in
> > > Hyper spin which I don't even use.
> >
> > That loader won't be incorporated into Mame, if that's what you meant.
>
>
> No that's not what I meant, I know Mame won't use a hacked loader method. I meant how
> are the Taito Type X support coming along in Mame are there any major road blocks
> currently and may we see it running in Mame soon ?
>
> I know the hardware is PC based so I'm not sure if that makes it harder to emulate or
> not.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not.

The machines in question are about 50x more powerful than the most powerful thing MAME emulates to any degree right now which is an original Xbox, and even then it's only partially emulated.

That emulation of the original Xbox runs at about 3 frames per second.

So I'll let you do the maths and take a stab at the answer.

Also I'd be careful when talking about these hacked Taito games, Taito have had their legal team out in full force as of late due to certain things getting hacked.

MKFAN
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: So how are we looking on getting Taito Type X working ? new [Re: Haze]
#362605 - 01/15/17 07:07 PM

> > > > I saw some people putting up YouTube videos of what seems like a working Taito
> > Type
> > > X
> > > > games on with some type of loader 0_o. I'm not sure how credible they are
> though.
> >
> > > >
> > > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oYraRzjYI
> > > >
> > > > The only reason I put a link to a video was because I guess now when making a
> > topic
> > > > in this forum it must include a link of sorts, it's a link using Taito Type X
> in
> > > > Hyper spin which I don't even use.
> > >
> > > That loader won't be incorporated into Mame, if that's what you meant.
> >
> >
> > No that's not what I meant, I know Mame won't use a hacked loader method. I meant
> how
> > are the Taito Type X support coming along in Mame are there any major road blocks
> > currently and may we see it running in Mame soon ?
> >
> > I know the hardware is PC based so I'm not sure if that makes it harder to emulate
> or
> > not.
>
> I'm not sure if you're trolling or not.
>
> The machines in question are about 50x more powerful than the most powerful thing
> MAME emulates to any degree right now which is an original Xbox, and even then it's
> only partially emulated.
>
> That emulation of the original Xbox runs at about 3 frames per second.
>
> So I'll let you do the maths and take a stab at the answer.
>
> Also I'd be careful when talking about these hacked Taito games, Taito have had their
> legal team out in full force as of late due to certain things getting hacked.

Thanks man I appreciate the info I had no clue, that's why I was asking. Also no I was not trolling, I'm not sure why you would think that. I didn't even want to post a link to anything, but for some reason now when posting in this forum it would not allow me to continue with the post unless I added a link of sorts. Maybe a forum mod can explain this.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#362606 - 01/15/17 07:11 PM

The link requirement is something another admin setup over a decade ago to stomp out spam on the news board. I don't think it's needed anymore, but what you posted isn't news so you posted on the wrong board and it wouldn't have been required if you posted on other boards. I'll move this to emuchat.

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

#362611 - 01/15/17 10:23 PM

You don't need to use an emulator. Some of these games, specially Street Fighter IV have a PC version, which is EXACTLY like the arcade version. I know because I have the PC version of SF4.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: ciroconsentino@gmail.com

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1527