Pages: 1

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

No updated MAME sites anymore ???
#364209 - 03/12/17 03:16 PM

There is no a single site where I can dl any roms (not full RomSets !) for MAME in entire net ?
The last one was PlanetEmu (they stopped at 0.180) ?!

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

lol [nt] new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364210 - 03/12/17 03:40 PM

> There is no a single site where I can dl any roms (not full RomSets !) for MAME in
> entire net ?
> The last one was PlanetEmu (they stopped at 0.180) ?!

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: lol [nt] new [Re: abelenki]
#364212 - 03/12/17 04:10 PM

My brother Russian, what is funny ?
I simply asked for help.
Not everyone of us will dl entire MAME set. Just a few games/roms.

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: lol [nt] new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364213 - 03/12/17 05:18 PM

I think he's laughing because you're not supposed to ask where to download roms. It's against the rules. They'll just tell you that google is your friend. And yes there is at least one site that I know of

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: lol [nt] new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#364214 - 03/12/17 05:54 PM

Still, it's not funny... ...at all.
Anyway, another user of this forum pointed me in the right direction - so this issue is (a kind of*) solved.

* Really I don't like private sites - Why should be complicated, when it can be simple and free ?

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#364215 - 03/12/17 06:02 PM

> Still, it's not funny... ...at all.
> Anyway, another user of this forum pointed me in the right direction - so this issue
> is (a kind of*) solved.
>
> * Really I don't like private sites - Why should be complicated, when it can be
> simple and free ?

selfish people never seem to understand the point of private sites.

which is a good thing.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: lol [nt] new [Re: Haze]
#364216 - 03/12/17 06:07 PM

> > Still, it's not funny... ...at all.
> > Anyway, another user of this forum pointed me in the right direction - so this
> issue
> > is (a kind of*) solved.
> >
> > * Really I don't like private sites - Why should be complicated, when it can be
> > simple and free ?
>
> selfish people never seem to understand the point of private sites.
>
> which is a good thing.

Oh, another clever reply from You.
You are so smart, that You can't recognize good from bad because You are blocked by Your own EGO !
What a contrast - such a good programmer/coder, but an assshole of a man. Pity

Haze
Send PM

#364217 - 03/12/17 08:01 PM

> > > Still, it's not funny... ...at all.
> > > Anyway, another user of this forum pointed me in the right direction - so this
> > issue
> > > is (a kind of*) solved.
> > >
> > > * Really I don't like private sites - Why should be complicated, when it can be
> > > simple and free ?
> >
> > selfish people never seem to understand the point of private sites.
> >
> > which is a good thing.
>
> Oh, another clever reply from You.
> You are so smart, that You can't recognize good from bad because You are blocked by
> Your own EGO !
> What a contrast - such a good programmer/coder, but an assshole of a man. Pity

what?

I explained the main advantage of private sites

they weed out selfish people, because selfish people don't understand the point of them and are quickly banned resulting in a far better community and longevity of the content on them.

for the most part public download sites just cater to leeching little shits with an over inflated sense of entitlement, all of which makes for shit communities.

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

Re: lol [nt] new [Re: Haze]
#364218 - 03/12/17 08:37 PM

This guy's butt is sore because he couldn't find ROMs. Now it's an ego defense and he's taking that out on everyone. He probably thought you were calling him selfish and didn't understand your reply.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: lol [nt] new [Re: Jason]
#364220 - 03/12/17 09:09 PM

The regulars at Romshepherd will give people what they're missing when it comes to just some loose ROMs.

In their USENET section you can get entire 0.183 ROMs/CHDs/Software List ROMs in beautiful T7Z Merged that will download in minutes depending on bandwidth and client. Alt.Binz is an amazing client.

Have Fun!

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#364224 - 03/12/17 11:31 PM

> What a contrast - such a good programmer/coder, but an assshole of a man. Pity

You've got it backwards - he's not a great programmer, but he's actually a pretty cool dude when you get to know him.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: No updated MAME sites anymore ??? new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364227 - 03/13/17 04:51 AM

All you have to do is load the torrent then choose unselect all then select the ones you want. If that's too much work for you then you're lazy as dog shit, let's be honest. Any decent torrent program should have the unselect all option.

Haze
Send PM

Re: lol [nt] new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#364234 - 03/13/17 02:36 PM

> > What a contrast - such a good programmer/coder, but an assshole of a man. Pity
>
> You've got it backwards - he's not a great programmer, but he's actually a pretty
> cool dude when you get to know him.

Well it's not something I'm really going to argue with.

I can program to a level that has always been acceptable by the paid jobs etc. I've had, but no, I've never considered it my strongest skill, however it allows me to get a job done, show how something should work, put out a proof of concept.

My real skills have always been getting an understanding of something, connecting the dots, finding a solution, memory, providing an outline of something, overall vision, organizing tasks - working with other people who have complementary skills in order to achieve something that individually might not have happened.

Likewise, I've never been afraid to tackle things nobody else really wanted to do, my attitude with MAME was always one of 'if I want to see something done, I'd better take steps to get it done' I've always tried to ensure things get looked at if somebody needs them looking at, and if they are beyond me, try to bridge connections and overall it's an approach that has worked.

I don't claim to have been the best programmer to work on the project, that side of things really isn't my passion, I just claim to show that if you're willing to put the effort in then regardless of background anybody can make a significant contribution. I care for the preservation aspect, presenting findings, giving something for future generations to work with, ensuring information and things aren't lost, I'd rather provide a work in progress than have something indefinitely delayed.

As for knowing me, I don't really think anybody involved in emulation actually knows me, I have always tried to inject some level of humanity, a personal touch into things so that people can connect with the project more easily, but in terms of real life, real friends, almost none of them have any connection with computing on a technical level at all, if anything I'd say most of them work in fields like care and mental health because those are the people I connect with, not what I'd want to do for a job myself but that's something I'm still trying to fully figure out even now.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#364257 - 03/15/17 01:38 AM Attachment: kc.jpg 13 KB (1 downloads)

> Still, it's not funny... ...at all.
> Anyway, another user of this forum pointed me in the right direction - so this issue
> is (a kind of*) solved.
>
> * Really I don't like private sites - Why should be complicated, when it can be
> simple and free ?

Actually... it's quite hilarious. You're coming to a site that you've been a member of for years now, you know the rules, and you're asking "why is it so complicated to get free games."

Can you go on a "regular" gaming site and ask "Hey, where can I download Street Fighter V for free?" No.

Same concept if you're looking for "Street Fighter EX2 (USA 980312)"

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2056