View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Android emulator for Windows?
#365549 - 04/30/17 01:51 AM

I'm looking for a decent Android emulator to run on my Windows PC. My main goal is to run a few android games on a larger screen. I did some searching online and there's a lot of sketchy looking stuff. I'd prefer to go with something free if possible, but if there's something decent with a one-time fee, I'll consider it. I'm not doing any kind of subscription.

I read some reviews and many (most?) of them are based on VirtualBox. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Anyone out there have experience with this sort of thing?

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Sthiryu
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/09/16
Send PM

Re: Android emulator for Windows? new [Re: krick]
#365552 - 04/30/17 03:00 AM

Well I tried to load some android tablet images at virtualbox. The emulation speed is great but most of the things didn't work (for example opening the internet browser the emu crashed).

My preferred way is to emulate android at android sdk, but to run later android like 5 or 6 you'll need to use intel haxm acceleration or it will be very slow.

(Not sure why is this in a mame forum xd)

RETRODANUART.COM

krick
Get Fuzzy
Send PM

Re: Android emulator for Windows? new [Re: Sthiryu]
#365554 - 04/30/17 03:13 AM

> (Not sure why is this in a mame forum xd)

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#365555 - 04/30/17 03:26 AM

> I'm looking for a decent Android emulator to run on my Windows PC. My main goal is to
> run a few android games on a larger screen. I did some searching online and there's a
> lot of sketchy looking stuff. I'd prefer to go with something free if possible, but
> if there's something decent with a one-time fee, I'll consider it. I'm not doing any
> kind of subscription.
>
> I read some reviews and many (most?) of them are based on VirtualBox. I'm not sure if
> that's a good thing or not.
>
> Anyone out there have experience with this sort of thing?

Bluestacks? It's free.

Edit: Well it used to be free, now it seems to be ad-supported.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#365556 - 04/30/17 04:06 AM

> I'm looking for a decent Android emulator to run on my Windows PC. My main goal is to
> run a few android games on a larger screen. I did some searching online and there's a
> lot of sketchy looking stuff. I'd prefer to go with something free if possible, but
> if there's something decent with a one-time fee, I'll consider it. I'm not doing any
> kind of subscription.
>
> I read some reviews and many (most?) of them are based on VirtualBox. I'm not sure if
> that's a good thing or not.
>
> Anyone out there have experience with this sort of thing?

Remix OS for PC http://www.jide.com/remixos-for-pc#downloadNow or Phoenix OS http://bbs.phoenixstudio.org/en/showthread.php?tid=4923

Stay away from the Phoenix OS 2.0 and up. Use the 1.2.3 version instead. Reason is that there no Google Play Store on it yet. Wait until they added Google Play Store.

I think Phoenix OS is way better than the Remix OS. Ether one of these not VM base. These are OS base.

Use the installer exe. Also install onto the Hard drive. Side note. Use the installer to un-install.

Or try out the MEmu which load up on Windows. VM Base. http://www.memuplay.com/

There a ton others out there.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

krick
Get Fuzzy
Send PM

Re: Android emulator for Windows? new [Re: Foxhack]
#365559 - 04/30/17 06:00 AM

> Bluestacks? It's free.
>
> Edit: Well it used to be free, now it seems to be ad-supported.

I ended up installing the trial version of AMIDuOS Pro and it works perfectly for the game I was trying to run. It costs $15. That's reasonable. http://amiduos.com

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#365560 - 04/30/17 09:40 AM

> > Bluestacks? It's free.
> >
> > Edit: Well it used to be free, now it seems to be ad-supported.
>
> I ended up installing the trial version of AMIDuOS Pro and it works perfectly for the
> game I was trying to run. It costs $15. That's reasonable. http://amiduos.com

Would be cool if MAME Dev Team start their own Android Emulator. Seeing all kinds of Android versions. Just for fun. Set up controller, keyboard and mouse. Also more than one window for multiplayer's.

Probably won't happen.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1332