Pages: 1

TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM

Please identify this version of Atari 800 Breakout
#370076 - 10/03/17 11:53 AM

So ages back my friend brought over his Atari 800 with its big ass hard drives and we played breakout. However this version of breakout was different.

Each block was a 2-3 musical notes. I think the first colored rows of blocks played the same notes. When you got to the 3rd or 4th row, the color was different and the musical notes changed.

Once you managed to break through and the ball was bouncing everywhere it was a song. A song of semi random notes.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I've looked through a bunch of videos and played a bunch in emulation but nothing has those notes.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

Re: Please identify this version of Atari 800 Breakout new [Re: TrevEB]
#370086 - 10/03/17 03:20 PM

I second Super Breakout if the A800 version had selectable sounds like the A2600. If not, I also found a video for one that looks more like Arkanoid called Break It which also has tones:

Also... hard drive for the Atari 800?? That had to be incredibly expensive. Just now looked it up and apparently they were only made by 3rd parties like Supra (who I remember from my Amiga days, but that was some years later).

TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM

Re: Please identify this version of Atari 800 Breakout new [Re: Qun Mang]
#370089 - 10/03/17 04:46 PM

Yup, i’m A victim of late night typing. I meant the Atari 810 floppy drive. So big, we berated him with jokes that his giant station wagon could fit inside.

Hmm, so its an in game version. That makes sense, I’ll give it a try. It must be Super Breakout. Also, can’t be a 2600 game. Atari 800 was far superior. It played Star Raider. I use to hang out at the local computer store with Apple’s, Pet’s and Atari and play Star Raider for hours. Those store owners were really cool to me.

Portchester, NY
Korvettes shopping center
peeps?

TrevEB

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

#370090 - 10/03/17 05:38 PM

Try to find Your game here :
http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_ata...nre_17_8_G.html

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

#370096 - 10/03/17 11:19 PM

> Yup, i’m A victim of late night typing. I meant the Atari 810 floppy drive. So big,
> we berated him with jokes that his giant station wagon could fit inside.

I know what you mean about huge floppy drives- I had a C64 with a huge third-party floppy drive, larger than the official 1541. Also had a hand-me-down station wagon many moons ago until I killed it by driving it on an empty radiator (all water/fluid had leaked out). Hmm. maybe it *could* have fit into the floppy drive casing...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1125