MAMEWorld >> Programming
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

VasiliyFamiliya
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/18/17
Send PM

Neo-Geo homebrew projects testing on latest MAME version.
#375196 - 03/29/18 04:22 PM

I'd like to ask a people here - how do you solving a problem with your new-compiled Neo-Geo programs testing on the new MAME versions (point is that latest MAME versions are always checks a rom checksums before its loading, and as a result it's became impossible to launch a new roms with old way)?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Neo-Geo homebrew projects testing on latest MAME version. new [Re: VasiliyFamiliya]
#375202 - 03/29/18 08:18 PM

> I'd like to ask a people here - how do you solving a problem with your new-compiled
> Neo-Geo programs testing on the new MAME versions (point is that latest MAME versions
> are always checks a rom checksums before its loading, and as a result it's became
> impossible to launch a new roms with old way)?

If adjusted roms have the same rom label name but different hashes and/or sizes, it is totally possible if you launch the game via the command-line. It is a specific developer perk. Launching through the UI requires an exact match of label/hashes and size.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Neo-Geo homebrew projects testing on latest MAME version. new [Re: VasiliyFamiliya]
#375217 - 03/30/18 05:57 AM

> I'd like to ask a people here - how do you solving a problem with your new-compiled
> Neo-Geo programs testing on the new MAME versions (point is that latest MAME versions
> are always checks a rom checksums before its loading, and as a result it's became
> impossible to launch a new roms with old way)?

You can edit the software list (hash/neogeo.xml) to add the checksums for the software you're developing and then load it into a slotted MVS/AES system.

VasiliyFamiliya
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Neo-Geo homebrew projects testing on latest MAME version. new [Re: Tafoid]
#375218 - 03/30/18 06:21 AM

Thak you very much! Now I need to incorporate a romwak commands (task rom is puzzledp, because DATlib developers decided to put their sample program under MAME - where makefile just has been taken from - disguised as exactly this rom) to the makefile.

VasiliyFamiliya
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Neo-Geo homebrew projects testing on latest MAME version. new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#375219 - 03/30/18 06:22 AM

Oh, thank you! This advice is very good too!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Programming
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Pi 
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 829