MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Marble Madness 2021 ;-)
#390846 - 05/11/21 07:11 PM

who needs Marble Man...if you can have this....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgcYLIvlp_k

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

Re: Marble Madness 2021 ;-) new [Re: Roman]
#390853 - 05/12/21 03:07 AM

Tried on my RTX 2080 at 1080p and it ran at 23 fps...

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: ciroconsentino@gmail.com

Doosh
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/02/09
Send PM

Re: Marble Madness 2021 ;-) new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#390854 - 05/12/21 01:38 PM

Just hope Marble Man one day get release for the community to try our and enjoy

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Marble Madness 2021 ;-) new [Re: Doosh]
#390856 - 05/12/21 03:12 PM

> Just hope Marble Man one day get release for the community to try our and enjoy

Having been to one of the CAX expos where the actual cabinet was available for people to "try our", I can tell you that trying it and enjoying it are pretty much orthogonal to each other when it comes to Marble Man.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Marble Madness 2021 ;-) new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#390860 - 05/12/21 08:47 PM

> > Just hope Marble Man one day get release for the community to try our and enjoy
>
> Having been to one of the CAX expos where the actual cabinet was available for people
> to "try our", I can tell you that trying it and enjoying it are pretty much
> orthogonal to each other when it comes to Marble Man.

yep, quite often we emulate great prototypes that cost huge amounts of money, people play them for an hour, and ask "So What's next"

With Marble Man we'd have to pay unthinkable amount of money and that "So, What's Next" would happen after 30 seconds or so instead. It's literal garbage. Think of the least enjoyable Atari game you've played, maybe it even less enjoyable and you have Marble Man.

It's not even "so bad it's good" material, it's just forgettable, generic, uninspired, worthless garbage, more so than even one of the games in any given Plug and Play device I've emulated.

It has no value to anybody outside those who think it's worth a fortune.

It's probably never going to be available to the public, but nothing of real value has been lost.

Doosh
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/02/09
Send PM

Re: Marble Madness 2021 ;-) new [Re: Haze]
#390865 - 05/13/21 12:43 PM

Without having the opportunity to play marble man, but just see the game on YouTube, I had imagined that the game would be reasonable to play. I always liked marble madness as it was unique and simple for its time. Maybe the sequel has not lived up to its expectations, hence the game only being a prototype, but still being a marble madness fan, I would like to one day enjoy the opportunity to play it.

Bigster
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/22/09
Send PM

Re: Marble Madness 2021 ;-) new [Re: Doosh]
#390895 - 05/18/21 02:53 AM

> Without having the opportunity to play marble man, but just see the game on YouTube,
> I had imagined that the game would be reasonable to play. I always liked marble
> madness as it was unique and simple for its time. Maybe the sequel has not lived up
> to its expectations, hence the game only being a prototype, but still being a marble
> madness fan, I would like to one day enjoy the opportunity to play it.

I was a huge marble madness fan and always thought marble man looked cool in the photos online. After 20 years of curiosity, I finally played the joystick cabinet. Everyone's review of the game is pretty accurate. It did not make it past the prototype phase for a reason. I do think it might have been better with a trackball so maybe I will get the opportunity to play that version one day.

I also think this game had so much hype and mystique that it will never live up to expectations.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 855