MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Charismatic
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/28/21
Send PM

No roms work on mame (Ubuntu 18.04)
#390959 - 05/28/21 09:20 AM Attachment: Screenshot from 2021-05-28 09-18-22.png 215 KB (0 downloads)

Hi, I just installed mame on ubuntu and none of the roms seems to work.

All my roms are in the usr/share/games/mame/roms directory, and I either get the "required rom/disk images for the selected system are missing or incorrect", and then it list some files which are "not found" or "incorrect length".

The main one seems to be dl-1425.bin (qsound.hle), but there are also others.

I am unsure of how to fix this, and any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

[image][/image]

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

Re: No roms work on mame (Ubuntu 18.04) new [Re: Charismatic]
#390961 - 05/28/21 12:59 PM

Hi,

You are missing files. In this case, you are missing the qsound ROM. That particular file is a device ROM. I suspect that you are missing more than just this device ROM. You need to find the missing files and add them to the roms directory.

In this example, find the missing qsound ROM and leave it compressed, named qsound and add it to the ROMs directory.

Charismatic
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/28/21
Send PM

Re: No roms work on mame (Ubuntu 18.04) new [Re: Jason]
#390963 - 05/28/21 03:07 PM

Thanks, i downlaoded that rom manually and some games are working now. Do i have to manually have to add each rom i need or is there an easier way?

RetroAndy70
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/20/20
Send PM

#390964 - 05/28/21 04:18 PM

Having the single Qsound rom will fix the missing Qsound issue for all games affected by it.

As to adding game roms and if there is an easier way to add more...be very careful what you ask, because the subject of downloading roms - which is copyright infringement - is something that won't be discussed around here (for what should be obvious reasons).

If you know how to use a search engine, you will find the answers easily enough.

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

#390965 - 05/28/21 04:37 PM

What you are experiencing is that most of what you are missing are most likely device ROMs. The device ROMs are not part of the game's ROM sets. As RetroAndy stated, a Google search should provide what you need. Be sure to search for the rom name and you should find what you need.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 715