MAMEWorld >> Programming
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM

Programmer needed to recompile 3rd party Autocad program
#137681 - 01/11/08 02:47 AM

Quiet time at my office has gotten me into System Admin mode again which means getting all my coworkers up to Autocad 2008, and the return of my issues with a much beloved 3rd party program "Icontool" which needs to be recompiled to work with the new SDK.

http://en.wiki.mcneel.com/default.aspx/McNeel/IconToolSource.html

Please have a look at the web site. There are several people in the office, including myself that would really like to have this working again for 2008.

TrevEB

arcadegamenut
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/06/06
Send PM

Re: Programmer needed to recompile 3rd party Autocad program new [Re: TrevEB]
#137698 - 01/11/08 05:13 AM

Is it not possible to do this yourself using the free Visual Studio Express?

ArcadeGamenut

TrevEB
Send PM

Re: Programmer needed to recompile 3rd party Autocad program new [Re: arcadegamenut]
#137804 - 01/11/08 11:06 PM

Maybe it is, but I have absolutely no experience with C++ visual studio or ObjectARX.

If it can be considered similar, I have compiled Mame in the past, but that was with a step by step instruction manual in front of me.

I assume there must be a little work involved, otherwise McNeel probably would just do it themselves.

So... I seek outside help.

TrevEB
Send PM

#293138 - 08/02/12 09:19 PM

BumP

It's been 4 years.
I'm still using Autocad 2006
Autocad 2012 really looks good once you tweak it to your likings, but I'm still stuck with needing special features that my 3rd party software offers.

So, I throw this note out there again.

Can anyone here help with recompiling my old software to run on new Autocad?

The Source code for Icontool is available. I've got it, but I have no idea what to do with it.

Phil Bennett
L'Emuchat
Reged: 04/20/04
Send PM

#293207 - 08/03/12 12:45 PM

You need Visual Studio .NET 2002 to compile it. The ARX libraries are dependent on the MFC 7.0 libraries bundled with VS2002. You *might* be able to compile it with a later version of VS if you can obtain said libraries (mfc70.lib/mfcs70.lib)

TrevEB
Send PM

Re: Programmer needed to recompile 3rd party Autocad program new [Re: Phil Bennett]
#293211 - 08/03/12 04:48 PM

If you can do it, I'll pay you for your services.
If you don't have programs that you would need to do this then tell me what you need and I'll see what I can do to obtain them.

[email protected]

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Programmer needed to recompile 3rd party Autocad program new [Re: Phil Bennett]
#293219 - 08/03/12 06:44 PM

> You need Visual Studio .NET 2002 to compile it. The ARX libraries are dependent on
> the MFC 7.0 libraries bundled with VS2002. You *might* be able to compile it with a
> later version of VS if you can obtain said libraries (mfc70.lib/mfcs70.lib)

I would think if it relies on MFC 7 and can't work with newer MFCs then there's going to be problems since the newer AutoCAD's SDK is going to assume a newer VS.

That said, I'm not familiar with any compatibility-breaking changes in MFC since at least the original VS.NET.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Programmer needed to recompile 3rd party Autocad program new [Re: R. Belmont]
#293231 - 08/03/12 08:22 PM

> > You need Visual Studio .NET 2002 to compile it. The ARX libraries are dependent on
> > the MFC 7.0 libraries bundled with VS2002. You *might* be able to compile it with a
> > later version of VS if you can obtain said libraries (mfc70.lib/mfcs70.lib)
>
> I would think if it relies on MFC 7 and can't work with newer MFCs then there's going
> to be problems since the newer AutoCAD's SDK is going to assume a newer VS.
>
> That said, I'm not familiar with any compatibility-breaking changes in MFC since at
> least the original VS.NET.

Isn't this the sort of thing that DonationCoder.com and RentACoder.com/VWorker.com were designed for?

- Stiletto

Phil Bennett
L'Emuchat
Reged: 04/20/04
Send PM

Re: Programmer needed to recompile 3rd party Autocad program new [Re: R. Belmont]
#293255 - 08/03/12 11:32 PM

> I would think if it relies on MFC 7 and can't work with newer MFCs then there's going
> to be problems since the newer AutoCAD's SDK is going to assume a newer VS.
>
> That said, I'm not familiar with any compatibility-breaking changes in MFC since at
> least the original VS.NET.

It's just dawned on me that I've missed the entire point of the original request and am trying to compile the tool with the wrong version of the SDK. I'll try the correct SDK and report back

TrevEB
Send PM

Re: Programmer needed to recompile 3rd party Autocad program new [Re: Stiletto]
#293343 - 08/05/12 08:36 PM

Ahh! I consider myself pretty damn good at finding information via any method possible. I had not heard of these two web sites before. Thanks, I'll give them a look.

Though I'd rather help out people in my forums

> Isn't this the sort of thing that DonationCoder.com and RentACoder.com/VWorker.com
> were designed for?
>
> - Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Programming
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Pi 
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4881