Pages: 1

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

Super rare arcade cabinet for Bally Midway prototype Grudge Match
#362661 - 01/18/17 02:48 AM

I always wondered what it looked like. Here is a super rare dedicated arcade cabinet for Bally Midway prototype Grudge Match.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grudge-Match-pro...2kAAOSwUKxYa~sT

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: Big Karnak]
#362664 - 01/18/17 04:18 AM

Funny the auction says 'no super sprint', cos this is one.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

Re: Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: Traso]
#362681 - 01/18/17 06:25 PM

So what are you saying, you think this cabinet is really a Super Sprint cabinet? Maybe. If so, that would be messed up for him to try to defraud people like that.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: Big Karnak]
#362682 - 01/18/17 06:51 PM

> So what are you saying, you think this cabinet is really a Super Sprint cabinet?
> Maybe. If so, that would be messed up for him to try to defraud people like that.

no, he's being a twat, again.

look at the top of the cab, it's not the same, actually look at the steering wheels, they're not the same design, or even look at the bottom of the cabinet, it's not the same design..

it's a cabinet with 3 steering wheels, other than that it's COMPLETELY different.

the proto looks more like a standard cabinet with an extra wide control panel put in it, not really surprising. the super sprint cabinet is a more stylish original looking design.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: Big Karnak]
#362683 - 01/18/17 07:51 PM

Welcome to planet earth. Filled with human garbage. It's fun to think we made Gene Roddenberry so humans are great but you'd just be having fun.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#362692 - 01/18/17 11:13 PM

> Welcome to planet earth. Filled with human garbage. It's fun to think we made Gene
> Roddenberry so humans are great but you'd just be having fun.

Yeah but what does that have to do with someone being an ignorant asshole and wrongly asserting that it's Super Sprint? It fucking isn't. The cabinet isn't even close.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#362695 - 01/18/17 11:28 PM

He said "no atari super sprint" which is a typo for saying "not atari super sprint". He's saying it's the original prototype cab for Grudge Match. People here are saying differently. I personally don't know, but I do know most people are shit regardless.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#362700 - 01/19/17 12:19 AM

> He said "no atari super sprint" which is a typo for saying "not atari super sprint".
> He's saying it's the original prototype cab for Grudge Match. People here are saying
> differently. I personally don't know, but I do know most people are shit regardless.

We're talking about Traso claiming that "it's Off-Road". It's not.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#362713 - 01/19/17 02:26 AM

> > He said "no atari super sprint" which is a typo for saying "not atari super
> sprint".
> > He's saying it's the original prototype cab for Grudge Match. People here are
> saying
> > differently. I personally don't know, but I do know most people are shit
> regardless.
>
> We're talking about Traso claiming that "it's Off-Road". It's not.

yeah, it's not 'Off Road' (if he means Super Off Road) and it's not Super Sprint which Twatso posted a picture of either.

It's a rather cheap looking cabinet, but since it was a prototype that didn't go into full production it's quite possible that's just how it was.

So no, there's no reason to think the seller is trying to con anybody based on the evidence available.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: Haze]
#362756 - 01/21/17 05:38 AM

I was saying it's just an [Ivan Stewart] Off Road cab. But I erred. A simple answer would've been, 'it's not', and shown an Off Road. But I've conditioned you so that your inherent response is violent. And you thought you had some measure of free will. I should publish.

Also, obviously people were asking the auction owner whether, or telling them, it was a Super Sprint; and I was saying obviously it's not.

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: Traso]
#362758 - 01/21/17 05:58 AM

> I was saying it's just an [Ivan Stewart] Off Road cab. But I erred. A simple answer
> would've been, 'it's not', and shown an Off Road. But I've conditioned you so that
> your inherent response is violent. And you thought you had some measure of free will.
> I should publish.
>
> Also, obviously people were asking the auction owner whether, or telling them, it was
> a Super Sprint; and I was saying obviously it's not.

From ebay "No questions or answers have been posted about this item."

It looks like a mix of the two cabs and a possible third. The colors, stand, and wheels are the same as offroad. But the rest of the cab is not. The attachments to the stand look from the wheels like super sprint. The screen looks like it is a different size than either and the attract marque is different than both. The peddles are not in the same position as either. You can bring all 3 in google and put them side by side and you can look for yourself.

> But I've conditioned you so that your inherent response is violent.
I think you overestimate yourself.

Also your title for your response that you too the time to type in said 'Well, the cab is Off-Road.' Its not. Perhaps you were being unclear or antagonistic?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: lharms]
#362763 - 01/21/17 08:16 AM

> Perhaps you were being unclear or antagonistic?

Or being a twat per usual.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: Well, the cab is Off-Road. new [Re: B2K24]
#362765 - 01/21/17 09:54 AM

> > Perhaps you were being unclear or antagonistic?
>
> Or being a twat per usual.

>But I've conditioned you so that your inherent response is violent.

Twat confirmed.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

More Twasto! new [Re: jeremymtc]
#362819 - 01/23/17 11:54 PM

I love it. Almost makes me....hungrae. /8| I looked up the Super Print, but not Off Road. I guess I thought I knew what the cab looked like and didn't [look it up]. Seriously, pick your battles.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 136 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2079